PDA

View Full Version : For those that remember my 911 turbo... v. you won't believe this

Ruiner
09-23-2008, 02:56 PM
So, Vince, the VP of iForged Wheels bought my old car...

For those that remember...it looked like this:
http://i33.tinypic.com/2lsi9e8.jpg

Now, it looks like this:

http://www.iforged.com/pics/997/igreen1.jpg

http://www.iforged.com/pics/997/igreen2.jpg

http://www.iforged.com/pics/997/igreen3.jpg

http://www.iforged.com/pics/997/igreen5.jpg

http://www.iforged.com/pics/997/igreen6.jpg

EJ25RUN
09-23-2008, 02:57 PM
will he lower it?

btw.....yours looks way better.

Ran
09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, your car looks like complete @ss now. Sorry dude. :(

BobbyFresco
Interesting color choice...I like the new look.

Nismo
It looks like a transformer but gayer.

Sammich
09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
will he lower it?

x2 he spent all that money on that BS but didnt spend money on a nice full coilover system...watta ass

slostang
09-23-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm sorry.

eViLMunkey
09-23-2008, 03:07 PM
looks good, and more than likely there is a full coil-over system

Ruiner
09-23-2008, 03:08 PM
x2 he spent all that money on that BS but didnt spend money on a nice full coilover system...watta ass

Odd, it *had* $3000 worth of JIC coilovers on it (I know, 'cause I paid and put those ****ers on). You can see how much lower it was in the original picture.

You can see it here as well. I dunno what he did with them. Maybe they are still on, but he has the wrong size wheel/tires? I dunno.

*notice the purple-ish springs? Those are JIC springs that are mated to the JIC struts*

http://www.iforged.com/pics/porsche6.jpg
http://www.iforged.com/pics/porsche3.jpg
http://www.iforged.com/pics/porsche4.jpg

eViLMunkey
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
By the looks of the height of the ride they are probably still on there and he has them jacked up due to the work done to the ride... but who knows

Sammich
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
he seriuosly needs to drop it...looks like he's gona use it as a track car

4dmin
09-23-2008, 03:31 PM
sh1t needs to be slammed but i like it

alpine_aw11
09-23-2008, 03:35 PM
That's pretty sexy. I'm sure he's going to lower it, who would do all that ish and not make it look right?

Ran
09-23-2008, 03:51 PM
LOL @ people saying it looks good

If you saw either that color or atrocious aerokit on anything else you'd think it was ugly as hell and don't even try to lie about it.

Also, before the Eurof@gs get here, nobody here is talking about functionality. Which I'm sure is what you are going to go for first. Is it functional? Sure, but is it ugly as f*cking sin? DEFINITELY.

"Man, that is ugly as f*ck! Oh wait, it's a Porsche? Nevermind, I like it now."

:no:

4dmin
09-23-2008, 03:55 PM
LOL @ people saying it looks good

If you saw either that color or atrocious aerokit on anything else you'd think it was ugly as hell and don't even try to lie about it.

Also, before the Eurof@gs get here, nobody here is talking about functionality. Which I'm sure is what you are going to go for first. Is it functional? Sure, but is it ugly as f*cking sin? DEFINITELY.

"Man, that is ugly as f*ck! Oh wait, it's a Porsche? Nevermind, I like it now."

:no:

wtf do you drive...?

that sh1t is hot as hell and i would totally rock it just like this \/

http://www.porschetuningmag.com/wp-content/gallery/911/TechArt-GTstreet-based-on-Porsche-911-997-Turbo-Green-Rear-And-Side-Tilt.jpg
http://www.porschetuningmag.com/wp-content/gallery/911/TechArt-GTstreet-based-on-Porsche-911-997-Turbo-Green-Front-And-Side.jpg
http://www.porschetuningmag.com/wp-content/gallery/911/TechArt-GTstreet-based-on-Porsche-911-997-Turbo-Green-Interior.jpg

Ran
09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
wtf do you drive...?08 Mustang GT. I thought that was common knowledge by now.

Sorry, but that car is hideous. Baby sh*t green, a hideous body kit, and an ugly @ss spoiler do not add up to hawtness. His car looked better when he had it.

I guess it's true that people with money like unique ugly sh*t.

P.S. - ROFLMAO @ PAINTED INTERIOR AND WHEELS

Sport1.3
09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
other than the wheels and the ride height i like it. that all Tech Art equipment brandon?

4dmin
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM
08 Mustang GT. I thought that was common knowledge by now.

Sorry, but that car is hideous. Baby sh*t green, a hideous body kit, and an ugly @ss spoiler do not add up to hawtness. His car looked better when he had it.

you are going to talk sh1t about a car that really needs a spoiler :lmfao:

come'on dude 200mph :burnout: i would rock baby pea sh1t green tech art porsche any day of the week

Ran
09-23-2008, 04:02 PM
you are going to talk sh1t about a car that really needs a spoiler :lmfao:Check my post again Paul. I never said it wasn't functional. I'll respect it's performance all day long and even praise Porsche for their heritage.

With that said, that car is f*cking nasty. The Enzo is equally as functional and equally as ugly too. I don't care if the car does 500MPH or if it was made by the Pope, ugly is ugly.

4dmin
09-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Check my post again Paul. I never said it wasn't functional. I'll respect it's performance all day long and even praise Porsche for their heritage.

With that said, that car is f*cking nasty. The Enzo is equally as functional and equally as ugly too. I don't care if the car does 500MPH or if it was made by the Pope, ugly is ugly.

dude we'll park that porsche next to your mustang and we'll see which one gets drooled over :cheers:

Crazy Asian
09-23-2008, 04:07 PM
The only Porsche that shall ever grace that color is the GT3 RS. Man I would love to have the car before it was looking Speed Racer.

Ran
09-23-2008, 04:08 PM
dude we'll park that porsche next to your mustang and we'll see which one gets drooled over :cheers:Go ahead. I'll bet dollars to donuts that more fanboys will be over the Porsche due to it's "uniqueness" no matter how hideous. My Mustang is stock aside from an exhaust so it's VERY run-of-the-mill and I actually like being kind of low-key. I never said my Mustang was a looker, but at least I didn't go out of my way to turn my car into an atrocity like that green blob posted above.

:goodjob:

4dmin
09-23-2008, 04:12 PM
how about orange ran?

http://www.porschetuningmag.com/wp-content/gallery/911/TechArt-GTstreet-based-on-Porsche-911-997-Turbo-Rear-And-Side.jpg

http://www.porschetuningmag.com/wp-content/gallery/911/TechArt-GTstreet-based-on-Porsche-911-997-Turbo-Side.jpg

http://www.porschetuningmag.com/wp-content/gallery/911/TechArt-GTstreet-based-on-Porsche-911-997-Turbo-Front-And-Side.jpg

Ran
09-23-2008, 04:14 PM
It'd be alright if it lost the aerokit, wheels, painted interior, and Delta spoiler. Color-wise, the orange is better, but not by much.

Sammich
09-23-2008, 04:18 PM
point of the matter is...to me...both green and orange that paul posted..i would indeed rock with out ques...not daily...w/e's and special occasions

Crazy Asian
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Sammich STFU. Youll never afford it SO GTFO!!!

FasTech
09-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't care for the Green one at all! The orange one looks alright, but I don't like the whole interior painting thing! But besides that I'd drive it.... Maybe a different wheel choice too.

EJ25RUN
09-23-2008, 04:29 PM
08 Mustang GT. I thought that was common knowledge by now.
P.S. - ROFLMAO @ PAINTED INTERIOR AND WHEELS

RAN...you do this quite a bit. You say a supercar like a Gallardo and other Lambos are ugly but finish your sentence with to each his own.

Personally, the way that car sits, makes it look terrible. But here is one that has a similar kit that i think looks good. I think factory 911s are perfect but i still think this car works. Am i a lier? No. I just like it. I'm not gonna diss what you drive but you are becoming one of the people on this site that seems to make an opinion and laughs at everyone that doesn't see it that way.

http://www.autounleashed.com/images/porsche_gemballa_tuning.jpg

911: Yes
Funny Color: Yes
Do i still like it even though it is a different idea: Yes.

"People with money like unique ugly sh!t"

If that's not an ignorant statement i don't know what is.

RAN: you do realize people that are called upon to design supercars are the best designers in the world. They have an eye for styling that doesn't stop at automobiles. We always say styling is subjective but when you are comparing your views vs someone that has an art degree....its kinda hard to see it your way.

Nemesis
09-23-2008, 04:29 PM
**** would be hot if it was still black. I gotta say, the Green just says I want attention. That exact same setup in black screams, Im a bad ass mofo.

bigdare23
09-23-2008, 04:32 PM
That **** is bad as hell.

redrumracer
09-23-2008, 04:35 PM
ehh dont like it

alpine_aw11
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
There's really no point in arguing over whether or not you like the looks of a car. I think it works, you can't put a ridiculous kit on a civic because it doesn't fit right with the natural lines of the car. Cars like this can pull off stuff like this, but again, it all relates to personal taste.

Ran
09-23-2008, 04:39 PM
RAN...you do this quite a bit. You say a supercar like a Gallardo and other Lambos are ugly but finish your sentence with to each his own.Well, they are ugly. To each his own. lol

I'm not gonna diss what you drive but you are becoming one of the people on this site that seems to make an opinion and laughs at everyone that doesn't see it that way.I like to laugh at what I deem ugly and I do, to an extent, find a quizzical humor with the people who like ugly things. Sorry if that offends you. I do try to keep the flaming content toned down outside of the WL and merely express my like/dislike for a particular vehicle.

"People with money like unique ugly sh!t"

If that's not an ignorant statement i don't know what is.It's the truth though. That's not my fault.

you do realize people that are called upon to design supercars are the best designers in the world. They have an eye for styling that doesn't stop at automobiles. We always say styling is subjective but when you are comparing your views vs someone that has an art degree....its kinda hard to see it your way.So what? They say Picasso was a genius. I think the majority of his work is sporatic and retarded. I've taken art appreciation classes and I still find these things ugly. I'd bet that if you saw an equally functional/ugly kit on a Civic that did 200mph you'd still laugh at it's atrocious design. You might respect it's numbers, but you'd still think it was ugly. I'm the same way. I'll respect the car's performance, but performance and a price tag don't make it an attractive car. Sorry, but European supercars have some of the ugliest designs I've ever seen. It's supposed to be a car, not the Starship Enterprise. lol

P.S. - One doesn't need an art degree to recognize ugly designs. :goodjob:

P.S.S. - I just looked over that red car. The color helps A LOT as do the better front bumper and wheels. Ditch the goofy rear spoiler and you're in business.

P.S.S.S. - To each his own. :D

ATK_Designs
09-23-2008, 04:40 PM
The pics didn't do that car any justice. It's like the Takana Green, just bad picture. Plus, I think he had the car jacked up for the work.

Nemesis
09-23-2008, 04:44 PM
How dare you for having an opinion Ran!!! GTFOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol

Ran
09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
How dare you for having an opinion Ran!!! GTFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI think he's more offended at how open I am about my opinion. I don't sugarcoat it. I think the car is f*cking hideous so I say just that. That car is f*cking hideous. I honestly don't see why people like these cars and I really don't care who made it, who designed it, or where. I think there are just as many fanboys on here that are biased towards Japanese imports (Ricers) as there fanboys for domestics (mullet heads) and European imports (Eurof@gs). I respect EJ for being pretty cool about it, but that's no reason for me to squelch my opinion and I'd gladly debate such topics with him any day of the week. It's all personal opinion and, in the end, I realize that neither of us are going to change the other's opinions. I'll get a small laugh at people who like what I consider to be ugly crap and he has every right to laugh at me for being a narrow minded, unsophisticated what-have-you in return. It's the internet and thus it shall be used.

EJ25RUN
09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
I like to laugh at what I deem ugly and I do, to an extent, find a quizzical humor with the people who like ugly things. Sorry if that offends you. I do try to keep the flaming content toned down outside of the WL and merely express my like/dislike for a particular vehicle.

No offense. We have a difference in opinion.

It's the truth though. That's not my fault.

It would be ridiculous on my part to ask "how many rich people have you meet" so i won't. I will say that i have meet one very rich man that owns some cars i think you would call ugly. Well, he doesn't and i don't. And as far as he's concerned, i'm sure he doesn't care if someone feels different. Unlike alot of other wealthy folks he doesn't brag or show of his cars.

But Ran. "People with money like unique ugly sh!t"

Your opinion/

So what? They say Picasso was a genius. I think the majority of his work is sporatic and retarded. I've taken art appreciation classes and I still find these things ugly. I'd bet that if you saw an equally functional/ugly kit on a Civic that did 200mph you'd still laugh at it's atrocious design. You might respect it's numbers, but you'd still think it was ugly. I'm the same way. I'll respect the car's performance, but performance and a price tag don't make it an attractive car. Sorry, but European supercars have some of the ugliest designs I've ever seen. It's supposed to be a car, not the Starship Enterprise. lol

P.S. - One doesn't need an art degree to recognize ugly designs. :goodjob:

Can't comment too much on Picasso. Never studied his work. I have studied others in the renaissance :rolleyes:. But that is off topic.

Anyways. Picasso did it all for himself. These designers are hired by multi billion dollar corporations and the need for these to succeed is incredible.

Many artist fail and go no where because no one appreciates their work. On the other hand, a very small few get approval.

Just look at Luc Donckerwolke. He designed the Murciélago and the Gallardo. When he came to Lambo, they were struggling to sell 1000 cars a year. Now, they are one of the most profitable cars in all of V.W. group. They are "likely" to introduce a 4 door at Paris in 2 weeks.

Here's what i'm trying to say......You don't sell 5,000 Gallardos in 5 years for no reason. When you are at the price point, surprisingly, you have a good bit of options. And yet, people still buy the Lambo. Ran, there are quite a few people that disagree with you.

And saying they are dumb because they are rich is just facetious.

EJ25RUN
09-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Ran: Let me give you something i was exposed to first hand when i visited the Lamborghini factory. You can take it as you like.

Lamborghini owners traditionally dislike Ferraris.
And when we walked by a red Lamborghini (as rare as one is) you look at it funny.

Kyle
09-23-2008, 05:43 PM
A few more things and it could be hot. Its better than black wheels with a polished lip thats for sure, lol(yes I know they were expensive but that style is no good)

XLR8NMR2
09-23-2008, 05:47 PM
It still doesn't look bad but i never really liked green on any car but to each his own....I liked the way ruiner had it before...black on black can never go wrong....

It's still a porsche so whatever color you paint that thing it's still nicer than 3/4 of the cars on this site.

Z33_kid
09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
nice.. like the orange even better

Lusos
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I like the later pictures, but if the guy wanted a GT3, why not just buy a GT3? I mean, there's a price difference of course, but use some common sense, damn.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_418/car_photo_209370_7.jpg

EDIT: But hell, who am I to talk? I've got a stock 3G and he's driving a TechArt modified Porsche, so more power to you.

Nemesis
09-23-2008, 06:25 PM
This is getting out of hand. Im locking this thread now.

EJ25RUN
09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
This is getting out of hand. Im locking this thread now.

noo....ran's not done responding lol....He would be upset.

I hope he puts cliffs. Im sure it will be HUGE read.

G.C
09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
i like.

Alan®
09-23-2008, 10:21 PM
sickness

2.3 Evo 8
09-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Most people with money do that to a car to say "look at me". What good would it do them trying to make a statement if it was a normal color. It wouldn't.

Normal doesn't turn heads, a baby **** green Porsche does. On that note, I'd rock it!

man
09-23-2008, 11:27 PM

No they just arent afraid of haters like most of these bitches on IA

The Yousef
09-23-2008, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=Ran]I guess it's true that people with money like unique ugly sh*t./QUOTE]

No they just arent afraid of haters like most of these bitches on IA

RandomGuy
09-24-2008, 02:54 AM
is that the newer 997 front end conversion?

so in essence he did a s15 conversion on ur s14 and slapped on a body kit 0mg ricer
lol but real talk i think anyone in this thread would jawdrop if they saw it in person, I think it looks awesome.

IDCoconut
09-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Sorry, no thumbs up from me.

I guess he got sick of folks thinking he's a Boxster when he comes up behind them, so he opted for the 7's front end.........................now folks probably think he's a Cayman. lololol

IDCoconut
09-24-2008, 06:56 AM

so in essence he did a s15 conversion on ur s14 and slapped on a body kit 0mg ricer

Right. It looks to be 997 front body work along with some rear quarters that have similar width to a 997.

Ever compare a 6 to a 7? Park a 6 Turbo beside a 7 C2. It's sad to say the 997 C2 has more of an ass than a 996 T.

The 6 Turbo is the best bang for the buck right now, though.

Kevykev
09-24-2008, 07:01 AM
So even VPs of companies do custom restyles on cars to make them look more current. Nice.

IE: 2000 Maxima with 2003 Headlights and taillights.

Nice!

Car looks fine although it's on the extreme side.

The Ren
09-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Interesting.. cant decide if I like the new look or not..

T.S.
09-24-2008, 07:20 AM
i like it! i would rock it!

PhatbacK
09-24-2008, 07:21 AM
man ruiner....i miss your 911...it was freakin badass!

BobbyFresco
09-24-2008, 07:23 AM
I stand by my previous statement. I like it and I would drive it til the wheels fell off or I got arrested and sent to prison for driving it too fast, all the time.

AnthonyF
09-24-2008, 08:12 AM
I love the color! Isn't that the color that comes on the RS or whatever? (not a big porsche person) I love the interior too, small amounts of color matching FTW!

-Ant.

AnthonyF
09-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Ran-why are you getting all bent out of shape over a...what? $70-100k Porsche? If you don't like it fine. Don't buy one. LOL. Car looks amazing, def needs to be lowered but will get more attention than any other Mustang I know...including my old one. lolol

-Ant.

Sammich
09-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Ran-why are you getting all bent out of shape over a...what? $70-100k Porsche? If you don't like it fine. Don't buy one. LOL. Car looks amazing, def needs to be lowered but will get more attention than any other Mustang I know...including my old one. lolol

-Ant.

ur old mustang only got attn cuz it was always on the side of the road:ninja:

AnthonyF
09-24-2008, 08:18 AM
^HELL YEAH! Got that right! lolol Even Paul called me one time and said he passed me but couldn't get over.

-Ant.

Sammich
09-24-2008, 08:23 AM
^HELL YEAH! Got that right! lolol Even Paul called me one time and said he passed me but couldn't get over.

-Ant.

fyi nobody is above u:ninja:

*runs*:D

Ran
09-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond yesterday. This got cranked up just as I was getting ready to leave work. Here goes!

No offense. We have a difference in opinion. :cheers:

It would be ridiculous on my part to ask "how many rich people have you meet" so i won't. I will say that i have meet one very rich man that owns some cars i think you would call ugly. Well, he doesn't and i don't. And as far as he's concerned, i'm sure he doesn't care if someone feels different. Unlike alot of other wealthy folks he doesn't brag or show of his cars.

But Ran. "People with money like unique ugly sh!t"

Your opinionI've met a handful, but not a lot. I've met some that drive simple vehicles and others that are more extreme. Hell, the owner of the company I work for drives a V12 Mercedes with an ugly @ss bodykit that makes it look like an RX-8. lol I don't care if they value my opinion or not, it is what it is and I'm entitled to it. They'll think I'm dumb but I'll still think their sh*t is ugly. :D

Can't comment too much on Picasso. Never studied his work. I have studied others in the renaissance :rolleyes:. But that is off topic.

Anyways. Picasso did it all for himself. These designers are hired by multi billion dollar corporations and the need for these to succeed is incredible.

Many artist fail and go no where because no one appreciates their work. On the other hand, a very small few get approval.

Just look at Luc Donckerwolke. He designed the Murciélago and the Gallardo. When he came to Lambo, they were struggling to sell 1000 cars a year. Now, they are one of the most profitable cars in all of V.W. group. They are "likely" to introduce a 4 door at Paris in 2 weeks.It is my firm belief that these corporations bank on making something so unique and rare that every high-dollar douchebag will want one and rush out just to have it. Take Roll-Royce for instance. They're the ugliest f*cking cars on the planet aside from the Pontiac Aztec, but people still buy them. Why? Because they're unique and scream "I HAVE MONEY! LOOK AT ME!". I feel the same mentality is largely (but not completely) behind the ugly Porsche in this discussion as well as the Lego-designed Lambo's and most other European supercars.

Here's what i'm trying to say......You don't sell 5,000 Gallardos in 5 years for no reason. When you are at the price point, surprisingly, you have a good bit of options. And yet, people still buy the Lambo. Ran, there are quite a few people that disagree with you.Of course they do. I remember seeing an interview with Nicholas Cage where he was having trouble deciding between a Ferrari and Lambo. He couldn't decide so he bought them both. He likes them, good for him. People are welcome to disagree with me and I know that they do. I never disputed that and am always open to a disagreement of opinion. :)

And saying they are dumb because they are rich is just facetious.I'm not saying that being rich makes you dumb. I'm saying that being rich and spending money on ugly sh*t just because it's unique and costs a lot makes you dumb. Even if I were to win the $150,000,000 lottery, I still wouldn't drive one of these cars. You'd probably find me in a 1st gen Miata with simple mods and a hardtop or something equally as simple. I'm sure that there are a lot of people on here that think Miata's are ugly and I'm open to comments criticizing my tastes. It's an open forum, say what you'd like. :cheers:

Now for Ant...

Ran-why are you getting all bent out of shape over a...what? $70-100k Porsche?I'm not. I don't like, I said so, people asked why, and I responded. For some reason it turned into a discussion regarding me and my opinion, but that's cool. I've got no problems talking about it. :goodjob:

If you don't like it fine. Don't buy one. LOL.I don't have the money to buy one and, even if I did, I wouldn't. :crazy:

Car looks amazingNo it doesn't. lol

:police:

Ruiner
09-24-2008, 10:47 AM

lol but real talk i think anyone in this thread would jawdrop if they saw it in person, I think it looks awesome.

He could easily afford the 997 version, but wanted to keep the 996 for some reason. In all honesty, I like the interior of the 996 better than the 997.

Ruiner
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
man ruiner....i miss your 911...it was freakin badass!

Thanks, nice seeing you around. I actually still have a few pics of you standing in front of my car (with some other girl) at HIN way back when.

We'll see what I can come up with next...I'm thinking either a white GTR (need to drive one before I decide if I like it or not) or a black on black C6 Z06. We'll see...

AnthonyF
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Ruiner-please do not get an R35, I thought you had taste.

-Ant.

Ruiner
09-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Ruiner-please do not get an R35, I thought you had taste.

-Ant.

Well, it has two bad things going for it in my eyes:
1. It weighs 3800lbs+
2. They don't offer it in a manual

Hence why I like the C6 Z06...

Ruiner
09-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Ran - I believe that he built this car not to say "look at me", but to show on display at auto shows for iForged and such. It's both a personal car and his company's car in the sense that it will represent iForged. Make sense?

Ran
09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Ran - I believe that he built this car not to say "look at me", but to show on display at auto shows for iForged and such. It's both a personal car and his company's car in the sense that it will represent iForged. Make sense?I'm sure that's why he got it and done it up like that. In that sense, the car does infact say "Look at me!" to get attention for the shop. I'm sure that approach will work too.

I still don't like it though. ;)

AnthonyF
09-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Well, it has two bad things going for it in my eyes:
1. It weighs 3800lbs+
2. They don't offer it in a manual

Hence why I like the C6 Z06...

I'm a lil biased, but have you looked into the '06 SRT-10 or the '08 SRT-10 or even better the '08 ACR? ACR beat the R35 and ZR-1

-Ant.

AnthonyF
09-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Ran - I believe that he built this car not to say "look at me", but to show on display at auto shows for iForged and such. It's both a personal car and his company's car in the sense that it will represent iForged. Make sense?Maybe I will see it at Sema this year.

-Ant.

Ruiner
09-24-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm a lil biased, but have you looked into the '06 SRT-10 or the '08 SRT-10 or even better the '08 ACR? ACR beat the R35 and ZR-1

-Ant.

No, and I won't. I've driven many and never liked them. Just not my style.

Doppelgänger
09-24-2008, 04:38 PM
I dig the GT3-RS green.
I'm not to fond of the TechART front though, the stock GT3-RS looks better.
I am also willing to bet those wheels are just basic rollers to get the car around until something nice and expensive arrives.

Not reading 4 pages of thread.

Julio
09-24-2008, 04:49 PM
I still don't like it though. ;)

Dude shut the **** up already ... we know you don't like it.. you said it in almost every post you made in this thread. ****, we get it.. damn, I mean I have read a few threads on here where you don't like Higher end cars... so stfu.
****.. i would rather own a picture and a dream about that 911 then see a real mustang in my driveway.

I bet if it has some lame ass Anime graphics on it you would be wacking off to it..

Anyways....

Ruiner , get a C6 Zo6.. thats you dude...

Ran
09-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Dude shut the **** up already ... we know you don't like it.. you said it in almost every post you made in this thread. ****, we get it.. damn, I mean I have read a few threads on here where you don't like Higher end cars... so stfu.
****.. i would rather own a picture and a dream about that 911 then see a real mustang in my driveway.

I bet if it has some lame ass Anime graphics on it you would be wacking off to it.. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Hey, it's not my fault these guys keep approaching me and trying to justify the car. :)

P.S. - Not even anime can save that ride. :D

PhatbacK
09-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks, nice seeing you around. I actually still have a few pics of you standing in front of my car (with some other girl) at HIN way back when.

We'll see what I can come up with next...I'm thinking either a white GTR (need to drive one before I decide if I like it or not) or a black on black C6 Z06. We'll see...

i know its been awhile! i hope youve been well!....hahah HIN omg I remember that! I think that was in 2004? ....anyways the z06 is always a classic! buuuut dont see many people in GTR's..........im personally waitng for the new Camaro SS!!! gunna be siiick!!!

AnthonyF
09-25-2008, 07:44 AM
No, and I won't. I've driven many and never liked them. Just not my style.
Understandable. At least that was a good answer.

What about...

Ford GT's?

Ferrari's have come down in price A LOT! 355's are around 50-70k, 360's are at 60-90k. Really cheap lately. Automobile market is becoming like the housing market, really ****ty

-Ant.

speedminded
11-04-2008, 08:26 PM
It was built for the Mobil 1 booth at SEMA...

http://www.theoryconcept.com/2008/10/29/mobil-1-sema-porsche-996-turbo/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3173/2985449332_852088422c.jpg

Dr.G35
11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
diff rims on the car wouldnt be bad

§treet_§peed
11-04-2008, 10:01 PM
well then i think he was going for the Lambo effect maybe....? :thinking:

Ruiner
11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
My poor car...

Original when I had it:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2iraq69.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/2lc36c.jpg

Vteckidd
11-04-2008, 11:36 PM
dont they call that aFROG or something in the porsche community?

enlighten me Ruiner there is a reason for that color choice

Ruiner
11-04-2008, 11:47 PM

enlighten me Ruiner there is a reason for that color choice

Yeah, a Porsche GT3 RS:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_418/car_photo_209370_5.jpg

DrivenMind
11-05-2008, 12:34 AM
It's still a 911 Turbo, but that body kit is a bit too Need For Speed: Most Wanted for my tastes. Ask any racer, any Real racer... he should have taken the money he spent on cosmetics and put it all in the motor.

speedminded
11-05-2008, 06:15 AM

enlighten me Ruiner there is a reason for that color choicelol, since it's iForged most likely iFrog but for some unknown reason I don't hang out on Porsche forums...oh wait I remember now. I don't own a Porsche, lol.

_Christian_
11-05-2008, 06:51 AM
It could look better, that's for sure. In it's current state, I'd rather have a bone stock 996TT.

ironchef
11-06-2008, 02:56 PM
So this is the final result eh? http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/06/sema-2008-mobil1-porsche-996-turbo/

XLR8NMR2
11-06-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.carpron.com/multisite/d/55938-2/HPIM1506.JPG

Northpoint a few years back....

I was mad when you sold it...MAD

AirMax95
11-06-2008, 03:15 PM
So this is the final result eh? http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/06/sema-2008-mobil1-porsche-996-turbo/

Final result is fucking NICE!!!!!

EJ25RUN
11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
blast. I was just about to post that autoblog link.

I posted this thread in the comments portion of the article.

XLR8NMR2
11-06-2008, 03:30 PM

Not bad but ive always liked the 996 over the 997 headlights.