PDA

View Full Version : hnm.... Weird.

Julio
09-22-2008, 07:42 PM
I was reading a thread in this forum about green wheels.. and made me think...

In this world we have to many lame ass followers. Is a shame.
Years ago ,Colored wheels would be consider rice.
Drifters started using colored wheels and all the JDM nutswiners started copying.

I remember back in 1998 I had a set of Black ADR spyders with a chrome lip and people called me a ricer and the wheels looked like **** on my Hatch.

I understand is hard to be creative these days.. but not impossible.
3k wheels on a Honda does not make you a baller... funny how some of you think.
A 10 Second or better honda makes you a baller.. I think.
I hardly see any JDM style Honda at the track.... I guess they dont want to ruin there green wheels or other JDM over priced piece of crap.
The cars look nice, yes.. But is the same **** as show cars back then... JDM cars are mostly built to look pretty these days..... Nice little bling motors.. with your JDM covers for that bling....
Some people say.. the JDM market caters more to the whole FUNCTION OVER FORM theory.. I say and call it bull****...

Just like show cars... JDM = Trailor queens

Nothing has change.. JDM nutswingers always talked **** about show car guys.... and now.. is the other way around...

I know most of the newer people wont understand where this post is coming from but mostly the people who been doing this for awhile or even smart enough will understand.

Im not really bashing the JDM cars.. I think they look good.. But, for the most part I think they are built just like show cars.. to be parking lot pimping.

:cheers:

jew_boy
09-22-2008, 07:46 PM
USDM FTW :D

4uh8ers
09-22-2008, 07:50 PM
I def know where you are comin from. You worded that very nicely. I had the same feelings, but couldnt ever get the point across. I loved your old hatch tho. Does albert and winny still have it???

Z33_kid
09-22-2008, 07:52 PM
wow very true man

yerrow
09-22-2008, 07:55 PM
hmmm, i've had white before it was cool, gold/bronze before, silver, and now charcoal which i think is played...

confirmed...i'm an ole school ricer

DB4LYFE ™
09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
wow, Truth!!!!

~DB4LYFE

Julio
09-22-2008, 07:58 PM
I def know where you are comin from. You worded that very nicely. I had the same feelings, but couldnt ever get the point across. I loved your old hatch tho. Does albert and winny still have it???

I think so..

SenorJ
09-22-2008, 07:58 PM
i've never had rice. I like to keep a car the way it is, and work with the performance. 10 second honda, fast.. but not necessarily nice. style means nothing to me. especially to people who have seen me.

basically, i agree with everything the op has said.

Homer Simpson
09-22-2008, 08:01 PM
what is "JDM" anyway? Its so cliche nowadays that any honda with a home depot lip and painted steelies are thought to be "JDM tyte y0!"

oh and yea, Function > Form.

alpine_aw11
09-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I agree. But people are going to do it, whether they know anything about it or not. JDM never made sense to me personally, it's mostly just paying thousands of dollars to make your car look stock. People need to realize that just because it's an overnight part from Japan doesn't mean it's going to be any better than what you can get here. I like it, but wouldn't blow my wallet on it personally. But I drive a Jeep so what do I know.

quickdodge®
09-22-2008, 08:07 PM
confirmed...i'm an ole school ricer

Are you ever. You had a wing THIS size back in those days, lolol. But it was cool then. Later, QD.

RUFFIAN
09-22-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who can't stand nut licking mindless "sheep" Thank you for speaking for those of us who choose to Zig when everyone else is trying to Zag.

DUBSf22c
09-22-2008, 08:08 PM
16yrs old and my gunmetal with polished lip wheels I was a ricer to way to many.. That scheme is on every damn HB

yerrow
09-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Are you ever. You had a wing THIS size back in those days, lolol. But it was cool then. Later, QD.

YESSIR!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to quickdodge® again.

quickdodge®
09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
YESSIR!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to quickdodge® again.

If you'll notice, I just added one bright green square to your collection. I'm powerful like that. Later, QD.

DB4LYFE ™
09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
If you'll notice, I just added one bright green square to your collection. I'm powerful like that. Later, QD.

only QD lol! :goodjob:

~DB4LYFE

Mr. Clean
09-22-2008, 08:35 PM
wrong section

:ninja:

hehehe

but yes most of the "JDM" performance manufacturers such as mugen, spoon, blablabla are built to perform on the track and are proven to work, but most of us just want them because they look cool and once we spend 5-7-$900 on something we don't want to go use it and beat it up. idk. i think all the hondas that are even kinda going for a JDM look get thrown into the HUGE lump category of JDM. but realistically there are a bazillion sub-categories of people that do it for different reasons, whether it be show, track, street, "cruise"... I'm not afraid to say that mine is all for looks... yes it is more fun to drive on the street now that it is lowered and i have performance tires and all that jazz, but i don't have any plans of tracking it, which is really where the basis for the styling of my car came from.

this is just the next gen of tuners and there will never be one generation that does everything for the right reasons and for everyone.

so basically this thread could happen every 10 years for each different car phenomenon that comes around.

yerrow
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM

phuck heroes powers....i wanna be like QD

EJ_Allmota
09-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I totally understand where Julio is coming from.. :goodjob:

As far as my car it will have "JDM" styling points about it but my goal is just to have a clean Honda period.. I have plans on taking it to the strip from time to time when i get my motor built as well as be able to wash and wax her and head out to a car show.. I love the style of authentic JDM wheels but i just dont see myself putting out $900-$1500 for used wheels that i have to get tires for and most likely do some work to.. Many pay top dollar for the "JDM" factor when the same look can be achieved with parts that are alot less because as Julio said its more to achieve a look than for functionality...

but yes most of the "JDM" performance manufacturers such as mugen, spoon, blablabla are built to perform on the track and are proven to work, but most of us just want them because they look cool and once we spend 5-7-$900 on something we don't want to go use it and beat it up. idk. i think all the hondas that are even kinda going for a JDM look get thrown into the HUGE lump category of JDM. but realistically there are a bazillion sub-categories of people that do it for different reasons, whether it be show, track, street, "cruise"... I'm not afraid to say that mine is all for looks... yes it is more fun to drive on the street now that it is lowered and i have performance tires and all that jazz, but i don't have any plans of tracking it, which is really where the basis for the styling of my car came from.

this is just the next gen of tuners and there will never be one generation that does everything for the right reasons and for everyone.

so basically this thread could happen every 10 years for each different car phenomenon that comes around.
Well said...

DC2NR
09-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Well what if you look nice but are also fast at the same time ???

but yeah I agree.

Vteckidd
09-22-2008, 10:28 PM
i like the "JDM" styling, but what i absolutely HATE is the asshats that think cause they put $3000 wheels on their $1000 civic makes their sh!t not stink.

I HATE the guys that put $1200 SPOON brakes on their 140whp ls motor.

I hate the attitude that comes with it.

It seems the trend now is to buy some TE37s, or some old ass wheel that costs 4 times what it did new, and put it on your halfassed car and then you and all your buddies can get together and talk **** about the guys rolling on Rotas.

I never owned a nice honda, my car always looked like a piece of ****, but at least it was semi fast.

I dont mind the LOOK, i just dont like the condescending attitude that comes with it.

Pretty much what EJ says i agree with, but he an his brother arent posers, they are true enthusists

Crazy Asian
09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Im buying a Mazda. WEEEE

DeeAOne
09-22-2008, 10:48 PM
to the OP, you are correct sir.

i guess im on both sides. i would like to make my car look nice, with a few "JDM" touches, but i also want to go fast. yeah, right now it runs 18's on a good day, but its got plans. i want it to at least look presentable, meaning that i want it to be all one color and rust free before i touch the motor. i guess that makes sense. lol

NAIZBST
09-22-2008, 11:07 PM
I agree with Julio and in this day and age people try too hard but to each their own.

I own a real jdm car and it was tracked in Japan which is real plus. It is also not a show queen and I want to bring it to a track here hopefully soon.

Vteckidd
09-22-2008, 11:07 PM
this sums it all up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJWQkVgDs4

EJ_Allmota
09-22-2008, 11:24 PM
i like the "JDM" styling, but what i absolutely HATE is the asshats that think cause they put $3000 wheels on their $1000 civic makes their sh!t not stink.

I HATE the guys that put $1200 SPOON brakes on their 140whp ls motor.

I hate the attitude that comes with it.

It seems the trend now is to buy some TE37s, or some old ass wheel that costs 4 times what it did new, and put it on your halfassed car and then you and all your buddies can get together and talk **** about the guys rolling on Rotas.

I never owned a nice honda, my car always looked like a piece of ****, but at least it was semi fast.

I dont mind the LOOK, i just dont like the condescending attitude that comes with it.

Pretty much what EJ says i agree with, but he an his brother arent posers, they are true enthusists
LMAO!! i know exactly what you mean..

Appreciate the props homie..

Vteckidd
09-22-2008, 11:52 PM
**** we go back like 8 track, NOPI days.

You guys arent new to the game :)

R3RUN
09-23-2008, 12:41 AM
I just do **** that I like and that works. I guess my ultimate goal is to just have the car cater to my tastes and serve its main function (means of transportation), right now that might include some JDM ****, might not. I don't really care where it comes from if it looks good and it works.

BTW, I used to like green beans when I was younger, always ate them when my parents cooked them. I don't eat them any more, don't have a taste for them. See where I'm going with this?

yogi08
09-23-2008, 12:51 AM
what is "JDM" anyway? Its so cliche nowadays that any honda with a home depot lip and painted steelies are thought to be "JDM tyte y0!"

oh and yea, Function > Form.
jdm is just about cliche as you are stupid for saying jdm tyte yo.

Mr. Clean
09-23-2008, 07:48 AM
to steal a pic from JITB's thread...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jitb37/Honda/XY9Z8725.jpg

this is what the big japanese manufacturers are building parts for ^. and most of us loves the way that car looks and appreciate it's function, so we'll buy some of the same parts, but just don't have the time/desire/location/money/ballz w/e it may be to actually put those parts to work.

ShooterMcGavin
09-23-2008, 08:23 AM
edm ftw :P

Just_CHill
09-23-2008, 08:28 AM
I was reading a thread in this forum about green wheels.. and made me think...

In this world we have to many lame ass followers. Is a shame.
Years ago ,Colored wheels would be consider rice.
Drifters started using colored wheels and all the JDM nutswiners started copying.

I remember back in 1998 I had a set of Black ADR spyders with a chrome lip and people called me a ricer and the wheels looked like **** on my Hatch.

I understand is hard to be creative these days.. but not impossible.
A 10 Second or better honda makes you a baller.. I think.
I hardly see any JDM style Honda at the track.... I guess they dont want to ruin there green wheels or other JDM over priced piece of crap.
The cars look nice, yes.. But is the same **** as show cars back then... JDM cars are mostly built to look pretty these days..... Nice little bling motors.. with your JDM covers for that bling....
Some people say.. the JDM market caters more to the whole FUNCTION OVER FORM theory.. I say and call it bull****...

Just like show cars... JDM = Trailor queens

Nothing has change.. JDM nutswingers always talked **** about show car guys.... and now.. is the other way around...

I know most of the newer people wont understand where this post is coming from but mostly the people who been doing this for awhile or even smart enough will understand.

Im not really bashing the JDM cars.. I think they look good.. But, for the most part I think they are built just like show cars.. to be parking lot pimping.

:cheers:

Wow!!!!! That is the true man!!! There are many that would agree but only few that would mention it. Good times man!:cheers:

Shibby
09-23-2008, 11:24 AM
I do not understand why people think it's such a bad thing to have a nice car with a lot of money invested, and not want to go beat the crap out of it and have to fix more things later.

I DO auto-x and road race my civic. I do it for fun and to gain experience. But, I would not say my car will be built for racing. I will have many things done to the car that will make me not want to ever put this thing on a track again. I'd buy another track-specific car before I put 10000 dollars into my interior/exterior/engine.

JDM is just a sentence enhancer.. like **** and ****. just another adjective.

Dirty Octopus™
09-23-2008, 11:42 AM
im a Chrome Man myself! :D
i loves da chrome! :super:

and im all about some Form over Function :o

but yeah... i think originality and freedom with building cars is making a comeback.

im trying my best to bring it back :yes:

DO YOU PEOPLE! DO YOU! go crazy! :crazy:
but keep it tasteful! :D

edm ftw :P
:werd:

BobbyFresco
09-23-2008, 01:15 PM
It's all subjective really and varies from one person's perspective to another.
Some ppl build their car to be flossy and get that e-rep while others do it for the love of the hobby. I've come to change my opinion on certain issues like the Rota versus authentic wheel subject. I can admit that I've been a snob when it came to "looking down" on ppl because they weren't spending a grip of cash for their wheels or what have you. It's easy to max your credit card out to buy all these name brand parts just to hardpark your car but there's more honor in saving and scraping and buying whatever it is you want for you car because it makes YOU happy.
Also on the flipside, alot of the ppl who build nice jspec or JDM styled cars only drive them from time to time because as we all know, it's damn near impossible to drive a honda that's modified to any degree and not worry about it being stolen.

I think it should be all about our common interest, that being cars and the scene that we have all built surrounding these cars. The douchebaggery and the elitist attitudes shouldn't be an issue and respect should be given for hard work, regardless of how much is spent, knock off or not...

JITB
09-23-2008, 02:11 PM
nobody likes fakers! i like anything with its own style. Fast - Clean - Slammed - big wheels - small wheels - Ridin high - big chrome. you can tell someone is on their own **** when u look at their ride. i just wish people would stick to their own **** and stop looking for approval.. :no:

mods u know this **** is in the wrong section y wont u all move it.... :lmfao:

BKgen®
09-23-2008, 03:11 PM

+7

Dirty Octopus™
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
nobody likes fakers! i like anything with its own style. Fast - Clean - Slammed - big wheels - small wheels - Ridin high - big chrome. you can tell someone is on their own **** when u look at their ride. i just wish people would stick to their own **** and stop looking for approval.. :no:

mods u know this **** is in the wrong section y wont u all move it.... :lmfao:
:werd: :werd: :werd: x's GAGILLION!!!

i honor everything as long as its done right for what it is! :super:

DavidTB8889
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
lol, you said it perfectly!

ATK_Designs
09-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I admit, my car is a trailer queen w/o a trailer. :o