PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Suspension...HELP!

Brock
09-22-2008, 02:54 PM
i have a 1990 mustang GT, it has been equipped with the Trick One 5E suspension kit by the previous owner. I currently have 10.5in wheels in the rear, the fenders are flaired as much as i can but because of the weaker rear spring set-up the wheels will bottom out on bumps and i cant even have a passenger in the back. it has really been a problem and has already eaten a set of tires. Since my main goal for the car is all around handling, what springs would you recomend i use? i would really like to get this solved without having to get different wheels and tires.

jew_boy
09-22-2008, 03:04 PM
i would just get some better struts

Fox351
09-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Depending on how much money you are willing to spend you could go with a rear coilover kit from Competion Engineering and have complete control or you can always go back with stock springs and still keep a little squat for drag racing but suffer a little on the turns and even the Eibach springs will do the job.

Theycall_Metue
10-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Depending on how much money you are willing to spend you could go with a rear coilover kit from Competion Engineering and have complete control or you can always go back with stock springs and still keep a little squat for drag racing but suffer a little on the turns and even the Eibach springs will do the job.
x2 :goodjob:

stephanie
10-06-2008, 05:59 PM
i am going back stock on my acura. i have coilovers now and i have a lot of issues with them.

Bruce Leroy
10-06-2008, 06:11 PM
i am going back stock on my acura. i have coilovers now and i have a lot of issues with them.

what suspension do you have, and what are your issues?