PDA

View Full Version : overheating problem

NAG2I
09-21-2008, 10:34 PM
alright just put my freshly built LS into my integra. it has a brand new water pump, thermostat, radiator and radiator cap, and i replaced the brand new head gasket that went in with the new motor. i put on another new head gasket yesterday because thats the last thing i could think it was. even with another new head gasket it still overheats. can anyone give me an idea of could still be causing it to overheat

BTEC
09-21-2008, 10:36 PM
possible air bubble inthe system.

Tech5
09-21-2008, 10:37 PM
That or you didnt get the head shaved before you installed the head gasket an its warped , or bad fans, or bad thermostat,
possible air bubble inthe system.

NAG2I
09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
That or you didnt get the head shaved before you installed the head gasket an its warped , or bad fans, or bad thermostat,

i didnt get the head shaved so i guess that could be possible. the fan is fine. and the thermostat is brand new

Tech5
09-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Always get the head atleast shaved, it mates the head an block to seal right, an fixes any warped heads....everytime I am installing a head, I get it decked an checked an cleaned!

NAG2I
09-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Always get the head atleast shaved, it mates the head an block to seal right, an fixes any warped heads....everytime I am installing a head, I get it decked an checked an cleaned!

are there any other signs that would show that the head was warped other then overheating?