PDA

View Full Version : Choose life. Even if your daughter is raped.

flak_monkey
09-21-2008, 04:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MybPhpEydZo

4dmin
09-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Palin is a f*cking moron - condemning a victim b/c of your backwater way of thinking is just dumb. This is why you can't have small town mentality running our country.

Vteckidd
09-22-2008, 10:29 AM
you guys are WACK

She was asked if her DAUGHTER was RAPED what would she choose and she said "I would choose LIFE" BTW that is over 50% of AMERICA that is PRO LIFE so this is NOT back woods thinking.

This is what the MAJORITY OF AMERICA FEELS.

CBS Poll done OCT 2007

A new poll conducted by CBS News makes it clear that a majority of Americans are pro-life when itcomes to the issue of abortion.

The October survey finds 54 percent of Americans take one of three pro-life positions opposing all or almost all abortions and another 16 percent want more restrictions on it.

FURTHERMORE the CANDIDATE WITH THE MINORITY VIEW ON ABORTION IS OBAMA

A new poll conducted jointly by CBS News and the New York Times finds just 31 percent agree with Barack Obama's position in favor of abortion throughout pregnancy. A majority of Americans say they support John McCain's pro-life position or want greater limits on abortions.

The poll asked respondents two abortion questions.

The first asked if they believe abortions "should be generally available to those who want it," "under stricter limits than it is now," or if abortions should "not be permitted."

Just 37 percent sided with Obama's position that unlimited abortions should be generally available where as 61 percent said abortions should not be permitted or subject to greater limits.

A second question broke down the abortion views further and just 31 percent agreed with Obama that abortions should be "permitted in all cases."

A much higher 47 percent sided with McCain's pro-life views and said abortions should only be allowed in cases of rape, incest or to pro-life the life of the mother; in only the latter case, or not at all.

Another 19 percent disagreed with Obama and said abortions should be subjected to greater restrictions than they are now.

Douglas Johnson, of National Right to Life, responded to the poll.

"So: Sixty-six percent want more restrictions, but Obama wants to sweep away virtually all impediments to abortion on demand. Who is out of step with public opinion?" he said.

"The mainstream media, of course, generally prefer not to spell out the ways in which Obama has made commitments to change the status quo in the pro-abortion direction -- usually preferring to stick with general statements like 'Obama supports abortion rights,'" he said.

The latest CBS News poll is actually an aberration as its polls covering the last eight years all show a majority of Americans take a pro-life position and an even higher number breaking with Obama on abortion.

In August, CBS News found just 26 percent of respondents siding with Obama in favor of legal abortions for any reason throughout pregnancy, which was the position of the Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade.

The August survey found 53 percent taking one of the three pro-life positions to side with McCain and another 16 percent disagreeing with Obama and wanting more limits on abortions.

I mean PALIN is in line with over 54% of the AMERICAN POPULATION dems and republicans.

Even more on her views

HANNITY: Did you only want to teach creationism in school and not evolution?

PALIN: No. In fact, growing up in a school teacher's house with a science teacher as a dad, you know, I have great respect for science being taught in our science classes and evolution to be taught in our science classes.

HANNITY: You've talked a lot about religion — and I know you've discussed this — how important is religion and your faith? Because I read a lot about you and obviously religion and faith is an important part of your life. How important is it in your life?

PALIN: Faith is very, very important in my life. I don't believe I wear it on my sleeve and I would never try to shove it down anybody else's throat and try to convert anybody. But just a very simple faith that is important to me — it really is my foundation.

So yeah she PERSONALLY would choose LIFE in her household which is what she said, so what , who are you to tell a family what they can and cannot do?

Oh i forgot the Dems want to be able to have the govt decide everything for you :thinking:

:)

Alan®
09-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Paul do a Google search for llinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act. And tell me who is more of a Quack.

Alan®
09-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I am pro choice btw and I still think what he supported is plain old wrong.

Alan®
09-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Sen. Barack Obama (D.-Ill.) portrays himself as a thoughtful Democrat who carefully considers both sides of controversial issues, but his radical stance on abortion puts him further left on that issue than even NARAL Pro-Choice America.

In 2002, as an Illinois legislator, Obama voted against the Induced Infant Liability Act, which would have protected babies that survived late-term abortions. That same year a similar federal law, the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, was signed by President Bush. Only 15 members of the U.S. House opposed it, and it passed the Senate unanimously on a voice vote.

Both the Illinois and the federal bill sought equal treatment for babies who survived premature inducement for the purpose of abortion and wanted babies who were born prematurely and given live-saving medical attention.
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=18647

4dmin
09-22-2008, 10:50 AM
% or not which i think your numbers are quite off - if your gf/wife/daughter was RAPED you would want her to keep it?

I'm sorry but that is back water thinking - lets bring a child into the world who was conceived in the act of violence :rolleyes:

the gov't has no right nor should they to tell you what to do with your body. end of discussion.

man
09-22-2008, 10:52 AM
% or not which i think your numbers are quite off - if your gf/wife/daughter was RAPED you would want her to keep it?

I'm sorry but that is back water thinking - lets bring a child into the world who was conceived in the act of violence :rolleyes:

YOUR idea is backwater thinking, to not let someone make that decision for themselves. People see things differently, get used to it. I have no problem with abortions but I DO have a problem with people saying someone needs one.

4dmin
09-22-2008, 10:59 AM
YOUR idea is backwater thinking, to not let someone make that decision for themselves. People see things differently, get used to it. I have no problem with abortions but I DO have a problem with people saying someone needs one.

you don't make a bit of sense... i am all for someone making their own decisions - this is a topic about "MORE GOV'T" which your republicans speak of and contradict themselves on. gov should not have a hand in telling you what you should do with your body. and it is very backwater close minded for someone who has never been in anothers shoes to sit there and say "you need to get over you were raped(or incest) and just have the kid"

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm <<< lots of % for you mike

joecoolfreak
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=18647

You really need to do better research. The 2002 bill in Illinois was not the same as the federal bill. You might be able to make a case stating that the 2003 bill could have been close enough, but you still really need to start pulling research from organizations that, at the very least, attempt to be non-partisan:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/obama_and_infanticide.html

4dmin
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
ok POLL is up lets she to the true loons are...

Alan®
09-22-2008, 11:09 AM
You really need to do better research. The 2002 bill in Illinois was not the same as the federal bill. You might be able to make a case stating that the 2003 bill could have been close enough, but you still really need to start pulling research from organizations that, at the very least, attempt to be non-partisan:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/obama_and_infanticide.html
I'm not finished researching it but everything I have read so far makes my oppositon to obama that much stronger.

Alan®
09-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Obama opposed the 2001 and 2002 "born alive" bills as backdoor attacks on a woman's legal right to abortion, but he says he would have been "fully in support" of a similar federal bill that President Bush had signed in 2002, because it contained protections for Roe v. Wade

We find that, as the NRLC said in a recent statement, Obama voted in committee against the 2003 state bill that was nearly identical to the federal act he says he would have supported.
This begs the question again as I always seem to find myself asking when looking at Obama....Which is it. The man contradicts himself so much its not even funny. This alone makes me sick. Like I said I'm pro-choice but this crosses a moral line in my book.

Vteckidd
09-22-2008, 11:17 AM
OMG this is rediculous!

The POLL numbers i had were taken DIRECTLY FROM CBS NEWS. AND GALLOP so how is that percentage off?

i even listed the dates!

Republicans want MORE GOVT? are you on CRACK? do you know what the Dems are for?

WOW that is the most boneheaded statement i have EVER SEEN.

Paul,so you equate Obamas BIG GOVT with his proposals on the GOVT giving you everything, all his new social programs, increasing the size of GOVT etc with small govt compared to Republicans?

Republicans are for the FREE MARKET and for the least amount of GOVT control there is. They want you to make the best of your life and work hard.

The Dems want to give you everything by taxing the rich.

Maybe you should learn more about their partys an what they stand for.

Again stop putting words in her mouth, she NEVER said she was going to legislate that ROe v Wade is thrown out, and she is not going to push her PERSONAL BELIEFS.

AS A FAMILY, in HER FAMILY, she said she would choose life. AGAIN SHE IS NOT IN THE MINORITY ON THAT FACT.

SHE NEVER SAID SHE WOULD COME IN TO YOUR FAMILY and make you CHOOSE LIFE.

FIND ME WHERE SHE SAID THIS QUOTE
"you need to get over you were raped(or incest) and just have the kid"

I cant seem to ever find her saying that in any interview.

Lets not Lie now , lets not embelish the truth. What she said is perfectly normal, and is MAINSTREAM AMERICAS thinking.

HOW IS THAT BACK WOODS/WATER?

joecoolfreak
09-22-2008, 11:18 AM
His problem with the Illinois bill, for at least 2001 and 2002, in my opinion is very supportable. Those bills lacked the clause preventing the bill to overturn the Roe v Wade decision. The 2003 opposition is certainly less clear, but at that point, the federal bill already existed, making the issue moot in my opinion.

man
09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
you don't make a bit of sense... i am all for someone making their own decisions - this is a topic about "MORE GOV'T" which your republicans speak of and contradict themselves on. gov should not have a hand in telling you what you should do with your body. and it is very backwater close minded for someone who has never been in anothers shoes to sit there and say "you need to get over you were raped(or incest) and just have the kid"

My republicans??? More Govt? Where do you get these things. I would never suggest someone have an abortion but at the same time I would never tell them not too. You talk about never being in another's shoes yet you call anyone with a different view then yours "a f*ucking moron." Talk about being closed-minded.

As for the more govt thing, I forget, which party wants free healthcare, more welfare, more taxes, etc.? Maybe you can enlighten me. Seems that you don't realize that the most restricted countries in the world are leftist. China comes to mind...

BTW I support neither candidate for now.

Vteckidd
09-22-2008, 11:22 AM

THATS not the point, im Pro Choice, id let the woman decide, i dont think its my place to decide what a woman can do with her body.

Now, if it were my daughter and she was young, id support abortion.

there are MANY FAMILIES that believe that a LIFE IS A LIFE regardless of how it is created. Look at the CATHOLICS.

Im sorry but WE are in the minority on this subject, many people would keep the baby because a life is a life an their FAITH prevents them from "killing" it.

Now this is where the people differ, when is it a LIFE?

im not saying ia gree with HER position, but who are we to tell her she is wrong!?

WHat i dont get is how she is asked an opinion, and she answers it, and then you guys tell her her OPINION WITH HER OWN FAMILY WHO YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF IS WRONG!

Poll Congress i bet 40% agree with her. MINIMUM

Deke
09-22-2008, 12:06 PM
No one in this thread is communicating. The main point is being agreed on by everyone, yet you are all still arguing and putting words into eachothers' mouths.

Everyone so far has said they are pro choice. No one said the democrats are going to make women have abortions. No one said the that the people of the US should decide what Palin's daughter should do with her baby.

Step back, read eachothers' posts, stop jumping to conclusions.

4dmin
09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
My republicans??? More Govt? Where do you get these things. I would never suggest someone have an abortion but at the same time I would never tell them not too. You talk about never being in another's shoes yet you call anyone with a different view then yours "a f*ucking moron." Talk about being closed-minded.

As for the more govt thing, I forget, which party wants free healthcare, more welfare, more taxes, etc.? Maybe you can enlighten me. Seems that you don't realize that the most restricted countries in the world are leftist. China comes to mind...

BTW I support neither candidate for now.

you don't make any sense in your post... you babbel w/o making points - i think you like putting spin on words then stating facts.

1) you say i'm "not for people making their own decisions" which never came out of my mouth. explain.

2) your trying to justify how someone who thinks raped(incest) victims should get over the fact and have their children isn't closed minded. explain.

i'm not closed minded for calling someone a "f*cking moron" for telling someone what to do w/ their body... i don't care what race/religion/party you are but NO ONE has the right to tell someone what they can/can't do w/ their own body. the issue with abortion is it infringes on personal rights - a persons body is not PUBLIC DOMAIN. republicans, Palin is a prime example how she is against BIG GOV'T yet she is totaly fine w/ over turning Roe vs Wade.

----------------------------

mike your % you were using you used taking my words out of context... vast majority of pro-life supporters think abortion in rape/incest is OK so your 50% number doesn't mean much. i gave you a link to better % of this issue. about 10-20% of the population thinks abortion should be completely illegal. so Palin is not inline w/ majority of US on this issue.

i never said dem's aren't for big gov't but they don't run their campaigns trying to tell people they aren't for "BIG GOV" yet they feel they can tell you what to do w/ your body.

flak_monkey
09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I knew I could stir up this ****ing anthill.

I know women who chose to keep their children when they were raped because of family religious views. I also see how they resent those same children, and how negatively it effects them on a daily basis. I think that at the very least, abortion should be available for these situations. But what do I know? I'm so pro-choice that I've been called pro abortion.

AirMax95
09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm <<< lots of % for you mike

Wow, that sounds similar the same lines that various people in this thread used towards the slavery topic. We ****ed over and treated your people like ****, but get over it, that was in the past man. No we aren't sorry, but just get over it.

AirMax95
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM
THATS not the point, im Pro Choice, id let the woman decide, i dont think its my place to decide what a woman can do with her body.

Now, if it were my daughter and she was young, id support abortion.

there are MANY FAMILIES that believe that a LIFE IS A LIFE regardless of how it is created. Look at the CATHOLICS.

Im sorry but WE are in the minority on this subject, many people would keep the baby because a life is a life an their FAITH prevents them from "killing" it.

Now this is where the people differ, when is it a LIFE?

im not saying ia gree with HER position, but who are we to tell her she is wrong!?

WHat i dont get is how she is asked an opinion, and she answers it, and then you guys tell her her OPINION WITH HER OWN FAMILY WHO YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF IS WRONG!

Poll Congress i bet 40% agree with her. MINIMUM

Oh no, here comes my religious views!!!!!!

Seriously, I don't feel that the Gov't should have a hand in this.

IF you are a religious person to whatever degree, take it up with the man (or men, or woman, or god's, etc) that you believe in. Life is too precious to be left up to other people, excluding the case of capital punishment.

Alan®
09-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Wow, that sounds similar the same lines that various people in this thread used towards the slavery topic. We ****ed over and treated your people like ****, but get over it, that was in the past man. No we aren't sorry, but just get over it.
Wow are you serious two completely unrelated issues and you bring that sh1t in here? I guess white people owe black people a lot? :rolleyes:

AirMax95
09-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Wow are you serious two completely unrelated issues and you bring that sh1t in here? I guess white people owe black people a lot? :rolleyes:

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: , owe is such the wrong term.

Anyway, my point is that telling people to get over things is not the best option, esp. if you have not walked in those shoes.

/discussion

Alan®
09-22-2008, 04:56 PM
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: , owe is such the wrong term.

:rolleyes: I am the farthest thing from racist but statements like these are just absolutely ridiculous.

Vteckidd
09-22-2008, 10:22 PM

I think you are way off.

SLavery is a totally different topic but since you brought it up....

My opinion on slavery is that it was over 100 years ago. No one in this era has owned slaves.

I do think it was wrong, and one of mankinds worst atrocities, but that doesnt mean just BLACK slaves, that means slaves everywhere. SPanish, White, African, etc. It was all wrong.

As far as Americans role in slavery, there was a CIVIL war fought over it.

No one in this age should be SORRY, im not sorry because i never had slaves, how can i be sorry for something that happened over 100 years ago? I dont agree with it, but it happened over a century ago. this is the type of thinking that keeps the Islamics hating and fighting the jews. They dont even know why they hate each other, they just do.

I think America is pretty damn close to being an equal society. I think there is some petty thinking (on both sides) that keep the slavery topic still around when it shouldnt be. We should have moved past this along time ago.

I dont owe anyone reparations anymore than i owe the native americans anything.

And if you want to be really factual, Africans have been enslaving their own centuries before the white man ever stepped foot on their continent.

So, no, i dont owe any african american and apology or anything else because i didnt own slaves, my father didnt, my grandfather didnt, his father didnt, etc.

As much as i disagree with him, i think its great that in this day in age we see women and a black man running for president. Look how far we have come. that is something to be POSITIVE about, not negative.

Alan®
09-22-2008, 10:30 PM
I think you are way off.

My opinion on slavery is that it was over 100 years ago. No one in this era has owned slaves.

I do think it was wrong, and one of mankinds worst atrocities, but that doesnt mean just BLACK slaves, that means slaves everywhere. SPanish, White, African, etc. It was all wrong.

No one in this age should be SORRY, im not sorry because i never had slaves, how can i be sorry for something that happened over 100 years ago? I dont agree with it, but it happened over a century ago. this is the type of thinking that keeps the Islamics hating and fighting the jews. They dont even know why they hate each other, they just do.

I think America is pretty damn close to being an equal society. I think there is some petty thinking (on both sides) that keep the slavery topic still around when it shouldnt be. We should have moved past this along time ago.

And if you want to be really factual, Africans have been enslaving their own centuries before the white man ever stepped foot on their continent.

So, no, i dont owe any african american and apology or anything else because i didnt own slaves, my father didnt, my grandfather didnt, his father didnt, etc.

As much as i disagree with him, i think its great that in this day in age we see women and a black man running for president. Look how far we have come. that is something to be POSITIVE about, not negative.

A FUCCING MEN

AirMax95
09-23-2008, 07:57 AM
:rolleyes: I am the farthest thing from racist but statements like these are just absolutely ridiculous.

Statements like what? It was a joke, lol. OMG! Calm down.

RedGT (clarification only): I am one of most independant people you may ever get to exchange words with on the internet, lol. Trust me, I learned ALONG time ago....NO ONE OWES ME ANYTHING.

AirMax95
09-23-2008, 08:07 AM
I think you are way off.

Once again, I can agree with Mike! We have come along way.

Just to clarify, I never said whites owe blacks anything. Read any of my post about slavery and the notion of racism. I strongly believe that it is swept under the rug.

I quoted Pauls words to show the correlation between Abortion in this thread and remarks towards Slavery in other threads........YOU CAN'T TELL PEOPLE JUST TO GET OVER THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T RELATE TO. Never was I comparing the the two topics.

I would like for someone who has dealt with an abortion of their own to post here. That means the mother or the father! Not the cousin, the sister, nor the step daddy.

EJ25RUN
09-23-2008, 02:50 PM
damn it....i voted no by accident.

I read it wrong. I thought it said is abortion bad even in that case.

Frög
08-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Pro Choice here..

I bet if a black man raped her white daughter she would want an abortion..

EJ25RUN
08-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Posting a reminder that i voted no because i read the question incorrectly.

I fully say YES.

IMPORTchic
08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Pro Choice here..

I bet if a black man raped her white daughter she would want an abortion..
Holy bring back thread batman!!!

....I am not even getting into this whole debate but I am 99% pro-life, 1% pro abortion. It's all about the circumstances. The main reason I am so against it, minus it being killing a life, but it is the fact that a HUGE majority of women that get abortions just done it b/c they were "not ready, or financially stable, or it was mixed, or WHATEVER" The point is. Close your fucking legs if you dont want to get pregnant. There are probably thousands of families looking to adopt a baby no matter how it was conceived!! Granted a woman being raped is a diff situation, but still. There is always adoption. I am not going to say yeah make your 14yr old daughter have a baby and keep it from being raped, but then again, why was your 14yr old daughter somewhere to get raped. Adoption is ALWAYS a choice with no strings attached. :goodjob:

/not my total belief. WAs just a short rant.

...bring on the hating. :D

.......oh and I am not voting b/c I do not totally agree with either answer. Each situation is different.

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Holy bring back thread batman!!!

....I am not even getting into this whole debate but I am 99% pro-life, 1% pro abortion. It's all about the circumstances. The main reason I am so against it, minus it being killing a life, but it is the fact that a HUGE majority of women that get abortions just done it b/c they were "not ready, or financially stable, or it was mixed, or WHATEVER" The point is. Close your fucking legs if you dont want to get pregnant. There are probably thousands of families looking to adopt a baby no matter how it was conceived!! Granted a woman being raped is a diff situation, but still. There is always adoption. I am not going to say yeah make your 14yr old daughter have a baby and keep it from being raped, but then again, why was your 14yr old daughter somewhere to get raped. Adoption is ALWAYS a choice with no strings attached. :goodjob:

So what you're saying is that every single woman that gets pregnant, every time a woman gets pregnant, it's that woman's fault? That woman put herself in the predicament to get raped? Or molested? The women that are getting out of their cars at their homes and walking to their front doors and getting snatched up and raped put themselves in that predicament? It's not the rapists/molesters fault? So therefore the woman should have to bear not only responsibility but the child of her "faults?" That's kind of stupid thinking.

.......oh and I am not voting b/c I do not totally agree with either answer. Each situation is different.

What the fuck? It's a fucking YES/NO question to a simple YES/NO question. How could there be a disagreement? Later, QD.

IMPORTchic
08-30-2009, 01:44 PM
So what you're saying is that every single woman that gets pregnant, every time a woman gets pregnant, it's that woman's fault? That woman put herself in the predicament to get raped? Or molested? The women that are getting out of their cars at their homes and walking to their front doors and getting snatched up and raped put themselves in that predicament? It's not the rapists/molesters fault? So therefore the woman should have to bear not only responsibility but the child of her "faults?" That's kind of stupid thinking.

What the fuck? It's a fucking YES/NO question to a simple YES/NO question. How could there be a disagreement? Later, QD.

I really wish you would learn to read someones WHOLE point and not pick out bits and pieces. Then again...you are QD. That is wishful thinking.

NO I do not think its womans fault for being raped, etc. I was refering to the women that DO use abortion as a form of birth control after consenting to sex. Maybe I sway a lil off topic, but it did make sense. And its not a yes/no question IMO. There could be several factors to make me sway either way. So if I HAVE to say something to make QD happy, I choose No. :goodjob:

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 01:49 PM
I really wish you would learn to read someones WHOLE point and not pick out bits and pieces. Then again...you are QD. That is wishful thinking.

NO I do not think its womans fault for being raped, etc. I was refering to the women that DO use abortion as a form of birth control after consenting to sex. Maybe I sway a lil off topic, but it did make sense. And its not a yes/no question IMO. There could be several factors to make me sway either way. So if I HAVE to say something to make QD happy, I choose No. :goodjob:

I didn't pick any goddamn thing out. You based your "reasoning" off something that had nothing to do with the question. I mean goddamn. The question was, and I'll put it in bold type so you you may easily understand, (I don't know):

do you believe abortion is ok in rape/incest cases?

Nowhere in that question did I read anything about consensual sex or women using abortion as birth control. And how the fuck do you see that it is not a YES/NO question? Are you really as stupid as you're portraying yourself right now? What does your tiny little brain see that makes it not a YES/NO question? Later, QD.

BanginJimmy
08-30-2009, 01:53 PM
The only cases where the woman did not choose to get pregnant are in rape/molestation cases. I would allow for an abortion in those cases. The only other time I agree with abortion is when a pregnancy endangers the mother's life.

Any other time, adoption is a viable alternative and there is a huge shortage of newborns up for adoption.

Side note: Mother and biological father's permission should be obtained before an abortion is done. If the mother doesnt want it and the father does, then full custody could just go to him.

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 01:56 PM
The only cases where the woman did not choose to get pregnant are in rape/molestation cases. I would allow for an abortion in those cases. The only other time I agree with abortion is when a pregnancy endangers the mother's life.

Any other time, adoption is a viable alternative and there is a huge shortage of newborns up for adoption.

Side note: Mother and biological father's permission should be obtained before an abortion is done. If the mother doesnt want it and the father does, then full custody could just go to him.

I agree with this in its entirety. I believe a woman should be able to do what she wants to, but if pressed, I think she should carry the child to term and give he/she up for adoption if she doesn't want the child.

Abortion for birth control is stupid and not a moral decision for a woman to make. Later, QD.

jR1_kS14
08-30-2009, 02:22 PM
pro choice

ftw

TIGERJC
09-10-2009, 11:39 PM

wtf, Forcing a women to give birth. Wtf are you serious?:lmfao:

BanginJimmy
09-11-2009, 05:29 AM
wtf, Forcing a women to give birth. Wtf are you serious?:lmfao:

Yea, just like I'm forcing a woman to engage in behavior that she knows leads to unwanted pregnancy.

As the old saying goes. You do the crime you do the time

For the more dense of you I am not saying premarital sex is a crime.

bdydrpdmazda
09-19-2009, 02:23 AM
its not the childs fault that is being murdered that he/she was created through an act of violence but this is the only case I feel abortion should be allowed.

vinayak
09-19-2009, 07:05 AM
I don't think the government or anyone has the right to tell women they can or can not. It should be up to the woman. She has to live with decision for rest of time.

BanginJimmy
09-19-2009, 07:37 AM
I don't think the government or anyone has the right to tell women they can or can not. It should be up to the woman. She has to live with decision for rest of time.

So what about the father? Why does he not have any say in the matter? The baby is every bit as much his as it is the mother's.

PSINXS
09-19-2009, 09:28 AM
just do the safe haven thing or put it up for adoption. its still an innocent child no matter how it got here. I know the mom doesnt want a constant reminder. but at least give that kid a chance to live.

but that should be a matter of choice. not law.

hondachik
09-19-2009, 09:40 AM
I would ask my daughter what she'd want to do. The whole situation is going to affect her more than anyone. So I would tell her the pro & cons and facts and fictions of all alternatives. Then I'd give her some time alone to make that decision. But I'd kind of hint heavily to her that to take a life is wrong. And that the baby would be best if put up for adoption if she wasn't ready for the situation.

I voted yes it would be okay to abort because thats the only situation that I see it would be okay because the female didn't choose to take that sexual risk.

Justin51982
09-24-2009, 09:46 AM
I would ask my daughter what she'd want to do. The whole situation is going to affect her more than anyone. So I would tell her the pro & cons and facts and fictions of all alternatives. Then I'd give her some time alone to make that decision. But I'd kind of hint heavily to her that to take a life is wrong. And that the baby would be best if put up for adoption if she wasn't ready for the situation.

I voted yes it would be okay to abort because thats the only situation that I see it would be okay because the female didn't choose to take that sexual risk.

agreed

BABY J
09-24-2009, 10:58 AM
The bottom line is, women CHOOSE who they want to have a kid by. The "100% I WOULD NOT HAVE AN ABORTION" women are scared to take my "test" and imagine getting prego by every man they have been with sexually... b/c they KNOW there are some on the list that they would simply NOT have a baby by.

I think most women do what is CONVENIENT for them based on emotions... but try to get all righteous when the subject is brought up. The sad fact is that there are "booty-call babies" out there... and "I could never abort" IN MY OPINION is a sorry excuse to have a whole new life brought into this world under those pretenses. So you keep the kid and make the decision that easiest for YOU to live with -- but you forget the KID has to live w/ your decision too.

quickdodge®
09-24-2009, 11:05 AM
- but you forget the KID has to live w/ your decision too.

Or "not live" as well. Later, QD.

Total_Blender
09-24-2009, 11:09 AM
The baby is every bit as much his as it is the mother's.

Biologically speaking, the woman has to endure the health risks and responsibilities of pregnancy/labor. The man bears none of these risks or responsibilities after the fetus is concieved. So the decision to carry the baby to term ultimately belongs to the mother, as its her body.

Sammich
09-24-2009, 11:11 AM
DEFINITELY NOT. IMHO AND APPRECIATION FOR LIFE AND CHILDREN, I COMPLETELY CONDEMN ABORTION, NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON OF BECOMING PREGNANT, GRANTED RAPE IS NOT RIGHT IN ANY FORM, BUT ALL AT THE SAME TIME, IT STILL A HUMAN LIFE THAT DOESNT DESERVE THE RIGHT TO BE MURDERED JUST BECAUSE OF AN UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCE. JUST BECAUSE THAT CHILD'S FATHER/MOTHER WAS A RAPIST, DOESNT MEAN THAT THEY WILL GROW UP TO BE A RAPIST. IT MAYBE HARD AT TIMES FOR THE PARENT TO LIVE WITH TEH FACT THAT THE CHILD IS A 'RAPE CHILD', BUT, I FIGURE ALL OF THAT WILL GO OUT OF THE DOOR ONCE THE PARENT SEES THE CHILD. OR EVEN PUSH COMES THE SHOVE, IF YOU DONT FEEL THE NEED TO KEEP THE CHILD, GIVE THE CHILD UP FOR ADOPTION, I MEAN I SERIOUSLY CAN NOT SEE ABORTION BEING OK IN ANY INSTANCE...EVER

BABY J
09-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Or "not live" as well. Later, QD.

My dad is a piece of shit. Also - my parents were not as fortunate to have the career that I do. No, I didn't hurt for anything that I needed - but there were a few days where the lights weren't on if my memory serves me correctly. Having me did my mom NO favors - and me being 30 years old, meeting my dad when I was 9 and having the knowledge that he is a POS is not something I care to know. If I was aborted then I'd be none the wiser. In addition to that, aborting me could have made for a much easier life for my mom as well. :goodjob:

quickdodge®
09-24-2009, 11:29 AM
meeting my dad when I was 9

You're luckier (if you can say that) than I was. I've never even seen a pic of mine. I remember applauding right in front of my Mom the the second she told me he had died. I was about 14 at that time. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
DEFINITELY NOT. IMHO AND APPRECIATION FOR LIFE AND CHILDREN, I COMPLETELY CONDEMN ABORTION, NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON OF BECOMING PREGNANT, GRANTED RAPE IS NOT RIGHT IN ANY FORM, BUT ALL AT THE SAME TIME, IT STILL A HUMAN LIFE THAT DOESNT DESERVE THE RIGHT TO BE MURDERED JUST BECAUSE OF AN UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCE. JUST BECAUSE THAT CHILD'S FATHER/MOTHER WAS A RAPIST, DOESNT MEAN THAT THEY WILL GROW UP TO BE A RAPIST. IT MAYBE HARD AT TIMES FOR THE PARENT TO LIVE WITH TEH FACT THAT THE CHILD IS A 'RAPE CHILD', BUT, I FIGURE ALL OF THAT WILL GO OUT OF THE DOOR ONCE THE PARENT SEES THE CHILD. OR EVEN PUSH COMES THE SHOVE, IF YOU DONT FEEL THE NEED TO KEEP THE CHILD, GIVE THE CHILD UP FOR ADOPTION, I MEAN I SERIOUSLY CAN NOT SEE ABORTION BEING OK IN ANY INSTANCE...EVER

Aside from the caps, you've finnlly posted something worth really responding to.

I can respect your opinion on this. It really is a fine line. The one thing I can see, though, is that rape is quite a traumatizing event. It takes years to get over in some cases. But to have the added strain of knowing you're carrying the child of the rapist could make that traumatic event even more unstable. it can be psychologically intoxicating as well as physically detrimental. Carrying that child could really fuck with her head and cause her to cause harm to herself if she got really "crazy" enough. Or what if she wasn't able to sustain a child in the womb? She would be fucked for life even more if she were to have to carry that child and something life-threatening were to happen during the course of pregnancy or delivery that would have been avoided had she just gotten the abortion done?

It's all a very fine, thin line to walk on this matter. Later, QD.

Justin51982
09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Aside from the caps, you've finnlly posted something worth really responding to.

I can respect your opinion on this. It really is a fine line. The one thing I can see, though, is that rape is quite a traumatizing event. It takes years to get over in some cases. But to have the added strain of knowing you're carrying the child of the rapist could make that traumatic event even more unstable. it can be psychologically intoxicating as well as physically detrimental. Carrying that child could really fuck with her head and cause her to cause harm to herself if she got really "crazy" enough. Or what if she wasn't able to sustain a child in the womb? She would be fucked for life even more if she were to have to carry that child and something life-threatening were to happen during the course of pregnancy or delivery that would have been avoided had she just gotten the abortion done?

It's all a very fine, thin line to walk on this matter. Later, QD.

I can see both sides to this, and it is a fine line. I strongly believe that abortion should never be used as a form of birth control. However, there are 3 instances where I can condone abortion.

Instance 1 - RAPE, yes I agree it is not the childs fault, but MOST of the time, its not the mothers fault either. If it is a true rape, then yes abortion should be allowed. I agree with everything QD said regarding this.

Instance 2 - Incest - whether or not its consensual, this is an instance where it would cause a seriously messed up kid.

Instance 3 - The life of the mother is jeopardized. If the mother will die giving birth to this child, then I feel it is OK.

There are very few instances where it is OK, and those 3 are it. IMO.

However, something that I see as a problem is that people tend to use abortion as a form of birth control.

quickdodge®
09-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I can see both sides to this, and it is a fine line. I strongly believe that abortion should never be used as a form of birth control. However, there are 3 instances where I can condone abortion.

Instance 1 - RAPE, yes I agree it is not the childs fault, but MOST of the time, its not the mothers fault either. If it is a true rape, then yes abortion should be allowed. I agree with everything QD said regarding this.

Instance 2 - Incest - whether or not its consensual, this is an instance where it would cause a seriously messed up kid.

Instance 3 - The life of the mother is jeopardized. If the mother will die giving birth to this child, then I feel it is OK.

There are very few instances where it is OK, and those 3 are it. IMO.

However, something that I see as a problem is that people tend to use abortion as a form of birth control.

Ditto, man. Later, QD.

con
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
I consider myself to be Pro-Life, however when it comes to Rape and/or Incest I'm somewhat on the fence. Their have been valid points on both sides.........

Personally: My two boys and their mother would never have been a part of my life if she had not aborted a pregnancy as a result from being raped at the age of 14. I grew up in a home with POS Stepfathers and I would never allow myself to be in a serious relationship with a woman that has kids. I would never want to be that guy or even have the opportunity to be seen as that by a kid who misses their father, regardless of circumstances.

BanginJimmy
09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
My dad is a piece of shit. Also - my parents were not as fortunate to have the career that I do. No, I didn't hurt for anything that I needed - but there were a few days where the lights weren't on if my memory serves me correctly. Having me did my mom NO favors - and me being 30 years old, meeting my dad when I was 9 and having the knowledge that he is a POS is not something I care to know. If I was aborted then I'd be none the wiser. In addition to that, aborting me could have made for a much easier life for my mom as well. :goodjob:

No disrespect to you or you mother, but she had another option. There is a constant shortage of healthy newborns available for adoption in this country. Your mother had that optional there for her and she chose not to use it. At that point, she chose to deal with the hardships of being a single mother.

Choice is a very powerful thing and I believe we take too much advantage of it in this country. Too often we want to choose to do something that is potentially harmful, yet we dont want to deal with the consequences. I feel that this discussion highlights that more than any other situation. We all know where babies come from. With that knowledge, if you still choose to have sex, then you shouldnt have the choice to just get a mulligan and act like it didnt happen. You should be forced to deal with the consequences. Whether that be raising a child, or putting it up for adoption is your choice.

BABY J
09-24-2009, 04:06 PM
^^ Real easy to say that. Have you looked at the data for kids that are never adopted? Shuffled from home to home and never having a real family? There is no room for "well tough shit - deal with it" AFTER the fact. Again, the kids are the real losers in situations where you say "oh well - deal with it". Ask those kids if they enjoy their life. It's people that say "well adopt" that have never considered adopting kids - they just run off and have their own kids. I'd bet that not a person in this thread (who can have kids outright on their own) who is yelling "adopt" has applied to adopted kids.

BanginJimmy
09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
^^ Real easy to say that. Have you looked at the data for kids that are never adopted? Shuffled from home to home and never having a real family? There is no room for "well tough shit - deal with it" AFTER the fact. Again, the kids are the real losers in situations where you say "oh well - deal with it". Ask those kids if they enjoy their life. It's people that say "well adopt" that have never considered adopting kids - they just run off and have their own kids. I'd bet that not a person in this thread (who can have kids outright on their own) who is yelling "adopt" has applied to adopted kids.

This is why I mention healthy newborns. There is a shortage of those. I believe the cutoff is at about age 2, then the numbers that you described compound dramatically at every age.

I have no personally tried to adopt, but my brother in laws ex-wife's parents have adopted 3 kids instead of having their own. It can be very expensive, and time consuming to do. IMO, if you arent willing to suffer the time and expense to adopt, you probably arent going to make a very good home to that adopted child.

quickdodge®
09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I grew up in a home with POS Stepfathers and I would never allow myself to be in a serious relationship with a woman that has kids.

If you've actually passed on that opportunity, then you've missed out on a lot. There is almost no greater joy then to take a child that was left by their biological parent and teaching and raising that child as your own and showing that child that he/she can have a life. The level of commitment to take on another person's child is great and so are the rewards. Later, QD.

The Ninja
09-27-2009, 11:47 PM
you guys are WACK

She was asked if her DAUGHTER was RAPED what would she choose and she said "I would choose LIFE" BTW that is over 50% of AMERICA that is PRO LIFE so this is NOT back woods thinking.

This is what the MAJORITY OF AMERICA FEELS.

FURTHERMORE the CANDIDATE WITH THE MINORITY VIEW ON ABORTION IS OBAMA

I mean PALIN is in line with over 54% of the AMERICAN POPULATION dems and republicans.

Even more on her views

So yeah she PERSONALLY would choose LIFE in her household which is what she said, so what , who are you to tell a family what they can and cannot do?

Oh i forgot the Dems want to be able to have the govt decide everything for you :thinking:

:)
I don't give 2 fucks what the majority of America feels. I'm sick and tired of the Government mandating what you can and can't do with your own body. Thats what it comes down to. The government should have no say in whether you can/can't abort your child, though I do understand a need for limitations in the abortion. Anything beyond the 1st trimester is far too long into the pregnancy to be considering an abortion.