PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

RL...
09-21-2008, 02:22 PM
.....:ninja:

lol wut

Me86Rob
09-21-2008, 02:28 PM
first off. go to court for the tickets. chances are the judge will throw the second one out because it was so close to the first one. did the car have the tint on it when you bought it? if so then you may be able to get both tickets thrown out

Echonova
09-21-2008, 02:33 PM
I got 2 window tint tickets within 48 hours of each other. I don't now how much they will be, but I do know that they won't be the last tickets I get. As such, should I take my 5% tint off switch to 35% and pay the tickets, or keep the tint, pay the tickets, risk getting more tickets, and keep it gangsta? I can't make up my mind, I don't want to keep getting harassed by the :police: but I love my tint! But I also don't want to spend hundreds in tickets to keep it either...

first off. go to court for the tickets. chances are the judge will throw the second one out because it was so close to the first one. did the car have the tint on it when you bought it? if so then you may be able to get both tickets thrown outTrue story.

On teh realz. Fight the tickets, ditch the tint and go with a legal %. Not gonna be worth keeping it gangsta in the long run.

Alan®
09-21-2008, 02:37 PM
ditch the tint and go with a legal %. Not gonna be worth keeping it gangsta in the long run.
Werd. Never understood people's fascination with 5% tint. I had a buddy with double 2.5% on his F-150

OneSlow5pt0
09-21-2008, 02:40 PM
this is why i love my factory tint

Nissan Sean
09-21-2008, 02:44 PM
switch to 20%, 5% is way too dark.

Deke
09-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I've had 20% (illegal) on my side and back windows for over 4 years now and have never gotten a ticket *knocks on wood*. Although then my dad also has 20% on his 350z and he got a ticket after a couple of months.

Either way, get lighter tint.

Motivation
09-21-2008, 02:45 PM
first off. go to court for the tickets. chances are the judge will throw the second one out because it was so close to the first one. did the car have the tint on it when you bought it? if so then you may be able to get both tickets thrown out

I had double layer 2.5 on my honda when I used to drive it... Cops pulled me over at 10:30 at night in Griffin. The ticket was $85 I believe. They will not throw out the ticket for just buying the car. Unless maybe you were on the way home from where you bought it. I bought my honda with the dark tint on there and it didn't matter... Just like if you buy a car with no taillights and they pull you over. The ticket stands... IMO, I would put on the legal % and don't let the cops have a reason to pull you over. The tickets aren't worth it... also, the consequence isn't going to remain the same with repeating offenses... only gets worse...

BobbyFresco
09-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Get legal tint.

Me86Rob
09-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I had double layer 2.5 on my honda when I used to drive it... Cops pulled me over at 10:30 at night in Griffin. The ticket was $85 I believe. They will not throw out the ticket for just buying the car. Unless maybe you were on the way home from where you bought it. I bought my honda with the dark tint on there and it didn't matter... Just like if you buy a car with no taillights and they pull you over. The ticket stands... IMO, I would put on the legal % and don't let the cops have a reason to pull you over. The tickets aren't worth it... also, the consequence isn't going to remain the same with repeating offenses... only gets worse...

when i went to court in april for my speeding ticket, the guy that was infront of me was there for a tint ticket. he got it thrown out because he bought the car from a dealer that way. i guess it just depends on teh judge

redrumracer
09-21-2008, 03:06 PM
the best thing to do is keep it gangsta with the judge, when it ask you how you wanna plea, just say well that depends on how you can help me. hell it worked for me, got a ticket reduced from 225 to 75 bucks, and that was an improper start from stop ticket.

FasTech
09-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Keep that sh!t gangsta and ride.......lol

Captain-Obvious™
09-21-2008, 04:08 PM
keep it gangster son...I rock 5% all day

drupason
09-21-2008, 04:26 PM
just put some legal stuff on or atleast bump up to 20% I never had too much problems with 20

Double_0_Rusty
09-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I have 15% on my truck, and I have been pulled over about 5 times....no tickets. Just warnings. My civic had 5%, and no tickets, but the ish was toooo dark.

Just bump it up to a lighter tint

BKgen®
09-21-2008, 04:42 PM
$75 a piece most likely. i just payed two.

Echonova
09-21-2008, 05:39 PM
$75 a piece most likely. i just payed two.See what I mean. Two tickets = cost of new Tib...:ninja:

twinj
09-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Keep that sh!t gangsta,every car I own always had 20% or darker. If you must keep your tint do around 20% or higher and also do the windshield at about 30%-40% (This is very illegal by the way) that way you will still keep most of your privacy. To me I wouldnt lighten it up a little not to the legal limit, though. Then again some county's are just strict on tint and some arent. I don't know if its just me but that privacy is everything. You gotta love it!!

Captain-Obvious™
09-21-2008, 05:55 PM
See what I mean. Two tickets = cost of new Tib...:ninja:

:lmfao:

quickdodge®
09-21-2008, 06:08 PM
I got 2 window tint tickets within 48 hours of each other. I don't now how much they will be, but I do know that they won't be the last tickets I get. As such, should I take my 5% tint off switch to 35% and pay the tickets, or keep the tint, pay the tickets, risk getting more tickets, and keep it gangsta? I can't make up my mind, I don't want to keep getting harassed by the :police: but I love my tint! But I also don't want to spend hundreds in tickets to keep it either...

This whole post is crap. And there is NOT ONE THING "Gangsta" about rebelling against the police with your window tint. And if you can't figure this dilemma out on your own, you have more issues than just window tint. And how is it that when you break the law (intentional of course) the cops are "harassing" you? Idiocy reeks more than the shiit in this post. Later, QD.

EJ25RUN
09-21-2008, 06:28 PM
LOL at keeping it "gangsta". Being able to see out the car is an important part of driving and "if keeping it gangsta" means anything different, then you are just stupid. Get legal tint and be done with it.

Got Milk?
09-21-2008, 06:51 PM
there are chances that you can get both of those tickets dropped, not just one. Just take the 5% off before court, and the judge might drop both tickets.

Julio
09-21-2008, 06:53 PM
gansta? lol.. what a puss.

Got Milk?
09-21-2008, 07:00 PM
^^DAMN, THE BOSS HAVE SPOKEN!

/thread

blackboi50
09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
man keep that sh!t on there!!!! just dont leave gwinnett county!!!!!....and roll ya windows down while riding from time to time!!!

i had 2% tint on my last neon and only got 2 tickets for it!!!.....just paid my fine and went on about life......:2cents:.......keep it "gangsta" kidd :lmfao:.....1

RL...
09-21-2008, 10:54 PM
I thought about it and I'm going to slap 35% all around. And by the way people, you can see PERFECT out of 5% in the daytime. At night you can only see tailights/headlights, but that's all you NEED to see. For those of you who don't understand the obsession with 5%, I think it looks good, and I like my privacy. And if you don't know, my car is black on black, so the windows go with the theme.

QD, I'm not rebelling against the law with my tint. And yes I broke the law intentionally, but that's like getting a ticket for drinking underage, jaywalking, etc...It's not a big deal at all, and it's pathetic that a cop has enough time to go out of his way to give me a ticket based on my tint. Tint laws, and such should not be in existnce. If someone wrecks because of window tint, they probably sucked so bad at driving they would've wrecked with or without it. The main reason it's illegal is because cops get scared when they walk up to a car with 5%. They need to man up, and get a life.

RL...
09-21-2008, 10:59 PM

no he didn't...

quickdodge®
09-22-2008, 05:22 AM
QD, I'm not rebelling against the law with my tint. And yes I broke the law intentionally, but that's like getting a ticket for drinking underage, jaywalking, etc...It's not a big deal at all, and it's pathetic that a cop has enough time to go out of his way to give me a ticket based on my tint. Tint laws, and such should not be in existnce. If someone wrecks because of window tint, they probably sucked so bad at driving they would've wrecked with or without it. The main reason it's illegal is because cops get scared when they walk up to a car with 5%. They need to man up, and get a life.

Holy Mary Mother of QD. I didn't think that your last post could be topped. But you damn sure did come close. Is this a trick? Are you really smart but just playing dumb? Or are you really this stupid? What grade did you finish in middle school? Later, QD.

Elbow
09-22-2008, 06:15 AM
All you need to see at night is headlights and taillights?

Terror
09-22-2008, 08:58 AM
I thought about it and I'm going to slap 35% all around. And by the way people, you can see PERFECT out of 5% in the daytime. At night you can only see tailights/headlights, but that's all you NEED to see. For those of you who don't understand the obsession with 5%, I think it looks good, and I like my privacy. And if you don't know, my car is black on black, so the windows go with the theme.

Wow... the idiocracy is purely amazing. man up and get a life? It has a lot to do with the fact that if you were to pull a gun and/or shoot the officer he would have no way of knowing. Im sure it has happened and still does (drug dealers etc..) dont be a tool bag.

Terror
09-22-2008, 08:59 AM
All you need to see at night is headlights and taillights?

Hell yeah hes just that hard :gay:

osiriskidd
09-22-2008, 05:27 PM

next time you DON'T see any taillights and headlights, keep driving. maybe you'll drive off a cliff.

Motivation
09-22-2008, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=NissanTun3r I'm not rebelling against the law with my tint. And yes I broke the law intentionally, but that's like getting a ticket for drinking underage, jaywalking, etc...It's not a big deal at all, and it's pathetic that a cop has enough time to go out of his way to give me a ticket based on my tint. [/QUOTE]

So...

1) you are not rebelling against the law, but broke the law intentionally?
2) it's like getting a ticket for underage drinking?
3) It's not a big deal, yet it's still against the law. And you are still crying about it?
5) It's pathetic that a cop has enough time to do his job because YOU broke the law?

Oh ok, I just wanted to make sure I got all that straight... :rolleyes:

Firefightin_tC
09-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Man up and get a life?

Are you fookin' serious? My God, I've never seen someone so d^mn stupid over some gawddamn tint!

Dude, just lighten it up and go about your business. You like privacy? Stay your ass at home.

BKgen®
09-23-2008, 02:59 PM

...or the cost of four 240s.

:rolleyes:

i haet u so hard echo. send me b00b pics.

collins
09-23-2008, 05:00 PM
I got 2 window tint tickets within 48 hours of each other. I don't now how much they will be, but I do know that they won't be the last tickets I get. As such, should I take my 5% tint off switch to 35% and pay the tickets, or keep the tint, pay the tickets, risk getting more tickets, and keep it gangsta? I can't make up my mind, I don't want to keep getting harassed by the :police: but I love my tint! But I also don't want to spend hundreds in tickets to keep it either... of course, i would get lighter tint to reduce the risk of being hassled by it... but i have a question... what was the percentage they measured on each ticket? did they match? if they were off by a few % either way, id try to use that as evidence to say the meters are not reliable and who's to say your tint isnt in fact legal? they're not going to go outside teh courtroom just to look at your car then rejoin afterward lol. just a thought.