PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods 1998 civic b18c5 swap

rsxdc52002
09-20-2008, 11:39 PM
ok i have a 98 civic ex i also have a 2001 b18c5 motor to put in the car. what kinda stuff do i have 2 do 2 install this motor also how would i get a/c in the car with this swap and last does anyone know what kinda power this motor lays down and what will this car run in the 1/4 mile with this swap?

Homer Simpson
09-20-2008, 11:41 PM
You'll need an civic si driver side mount along with the rear transmission mount. As far as ac with the motor, I think you'll need a Si Ac bracket of Delsol Si or something, but I'm sure someone else can clarify this for you.

OR, you could get a hasport mount kit and not worry about the hassle of finding hte correct mounts.

rsxdc52002
09-20-2008, 11:44 PM
will the integra mounts work i have the hole car?

all-mota
09-21-2008, 01:21 AM
you need to rear t bracket off of a civic si as far as the mounts go the rest will work. you might also need the drivers side motor mount bracket that bolts to the head if you dont have a two bolt post style mount. you also need the cv axles from a civic si or integra. and a conversion harness if you dont have a obd2b computer. i would suggest converting the car to obd1 and running a chipped p28 and tuning from there to get some extra power.

if you want to run ac and you dont have a b series compressor you can pick up a crv ac bracket from honda and run the d series compressor thats on the engine in the car. if you have one it also save the money of charging the system because you dont have to remove the lines while you do the swap you can move it out of the way until you bolt it back up to the crv ac bracket.

as far as power and track time it depends what is done to the engine.

rsxdc52002
09-21-2008, 09:20 AM
the engine has a cai and header with lite weight flywheel

AMD_Civic
09-21-2008, 10:11 AM
yeah you could use the teg mounts but your gonna need the si t-bracket...and if you throw that c5 in there man.. you should be pretty good on the streets...buddy of mine ran 14.2 in his hatch basic bolt ons..!!