PDA

View Full Version : jriely60's progress update/ small question

jriley60
09-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Well the motor is 100% in!!!:lmfao::crazy::D:D plus the ac and the power steering are both hooked up. a little tricky with the power steering and the ac only has two bolts but it is temporary till i buy a manual rack.(then i'll hook up by innovative ac bracket) i had to cut some power steering lines off an integra and splice them into mine to get it to fit right but it's pretty sweet how it worked out. The motor started up on the third crank let it run for about fifteen min or so, here's where the small question comes in the car never started to get hot...well obviously the car was getting hot but the gauge wasn't registering it...so what are some of the possibilities for this? temperature senor shot? also is the temp sensor the plug with two wires or the one with one up near the oil filter, and if it is the temp sensor are the temp sensors from the b16 and the d series the same? if so i can grab the one off my old motor.
oh and i gotta put new springs on the front because it was seriously pancaked from the weight of the motor hehe:lmfao:luckily i have some integra spring i'm going to toss on and see how the hold. well i think that's all if anyone has an answer to the temp sensor question feel free to let me know

jfrolang
09-21-2008, 12:46 AM
To test the gauge, disconnect the yellow/green wire from the coolant temp sensor (it's a one-wire plug directly under the distributor), and then hold that wire to ground with the assistance of a friend or a jumper wire. With the ignition ON and that wire grounded, the temp gauge should move toward full Hot.

If it doesn't, check for a break in the wire and make sure the plugs are fully seated in the back of the cluster. If all the wiring looks good, replace the temp gauge. This can be done without replacing the whole cluster, but more than likely it's cheaper to just replace the whole thing.

If the temp gauge checks out, replace the coolant temp sensor.

jriley60
09-21-2008, 09:11 AM
hey thanks going to check it out here in a little while

jriley60
09-21-2008, 09:49 AM
oh is the coolant temp sensor going to be the same off my old motor?

jfrolang
09-21-2008, 07:08 PM
The coolant temp sensor is a simple thermistor, and yeah they'll interchange.

eva6206213
10-04-2008, 10:29 PM
!thanks going to check it out here in a little while
~~