PDA

View Full Version : 1990 GSX problem

Motivation
09-20-2008, 07:58 PM
I was about to leave and when I went to start it, it revs to 1.3k-almost 2k rpm. Check engine light comes on. When I rev it, it only revs to around 3k and sounds like it is hitting a rev limiter... Any ideas on what it could be? (SAFC2 if this helps any) Thanks for any help. REPS for any help. Really need it...

dohc4.6sc
09-20-2008, 08:00 PM
a better explanation would help i guess? i have owned plenty of tese and have no clue what you are talkin about bro.

Motivation
09-20-2008, 11:11 PM
a better explanation would help i guess? i have owned plenty of tese and have no clue what you are talkin about bro.

I start the car, after about two seconds the check engine light comes on. Then it will start revving to about 1.3k-2k rpm when I am letting it idle. When I press the throttle it only revs to about 3k and sounds like it is hitting a rev limiter that won't allow it rev any higher... Sorry not sure how to explain it anymore... That is all I know... :???: I think it has something to do with the SAFC though... not sure... I am going to mess with it in the morning... thanks anyways bro.

Motivation
09-21-2008, 04:06 PM
after about 8 hours of research on VFAQ.com gadsm and a few other sites, talking to a few people who knew about them, including Josh (tech5, recommended to everyone) I got it back up and running better than before. When going through the safc2, the karman setting got taken off the monitor list... I found out that when this is taken off, the car will not run correctly. So, I put it back on the monitor and the car fired right up, no check engine, and everything is smooth... :doh::headslap:

FasTech
09-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Is this cgEvan's old car???

Motivation
09-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Is this cgEvan's old car???

Yes it is.

FasTech
09-21-2008, 05:11 PM
That thing just floats around everywhere doesn't it.......lol

Hope you get her running right bro

Motivation
09-21-2008, 05:14 PM
That thing just floats around everywhere doesn't it.......lol

Hope you get her running right bro

not anymore she doesn't... lol. she finally found a home... Going to get it tuned in a few weeks, and upgrading turbo and a few other things, evo seats from 5.7 tundra, HID's next week and a few other things...

Thanks bro. :goodjob: she's running good now.

Catnip
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
the same thing happened to me. lmao.

Motivation
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
lol, well I never even thought about it or I would have mentioned it to you... would have saved me a lot of trouble and maybe a little sleep. ha... that turbo upgrade might happen this weekend or next. :ninja:

Catnip
09-21-2008, 09:24 PM
lol, well I never even thought about it or I would have mentioned it to you... would have saved me a lot of trouble and maybe a little sleep. ha... that turbo upgrade might happen this weekend or next. :ninja:

dang, finances must be looking good :yes:

lol