PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason Behind Gas Prices

The_ CaneCorso
09-20-2008, 02:09 PM
The real reason behind gas prices.... The Arab Nations & Opec, realize their time is limited. No, where not going to war with them. The US dependance on foreign oil is comming to an end.

Let me explain, Cummins has already, and is further developing a Natural Gas engine. They are currently in testing in the the LA, and Long Beach ports. The engine get an equivalant MPG as the diesel and similar HorsePower. (Detriot Diesel/Mercedies is currently in development as well) The technology is here and works well. Now here is the catch, The US has found the largest reserve of Natural gas ever! here in out own back yard. Natural gas is the new fuel of the future. The Oil producers realize, Especially the Arab countrys, that without the US buying their oil, the means for them to buy food is in jeapardy. Remember, they can only grow food in very controled environments, not enough to feed their country, so they must import their food.
Now, put 2 & 2 together, they will not increase production to reduce cost for a very obvious reason. Bush went to the Arab countrys and kissed their butts to increase production, and they pretty much told us to to deal with it. Not the way you should treat the hand that feeds you.
http://www.cumminswestport.com/customer/faq.php
great info on the Natural Gas engine

http://www.naturalgas.org/environment/technology.asp
Great info on our ability to produce

Nissan Sean
09-20-2008, 02:14 PM
i hope the arab nations starve... im tired of paying anything higher than $2.00/gallon. i hope the Big oil companies dont buy out this new technology.

ksniperfox
09-20-2008, 03:56 PM
wheres the source?

i cant believe anything official(from cnn or similar) would be typed like that.

.blank cd
09-20-2008, 05:29 PM
I wont mind payin $3.00 (im gettin 30+mpg ,filling up w/ maybe 40 bucks. lasts for a good 2 weeks). NE thing to try to keep some of these useless SUV's off the road. If it goes back to below 3 bucks, SUVs and trucks will just start coming out of the woodwork sucking down gas

JConner
09-20-2008, 06:04 PM
this is why we drill here and drill now.... and also Compressed Natural Gas cars are the future. Clark Howard from WSB already has a CNG honda civic and says he pays like $1.20 a "gallon" (whatever a gallon is equal to in CNG). Although there are only a very few places in Atlanta to get CNG right now.

Nateds16
09-21-2008, 05:03 AM
damn

EG6
09-21-2008, 06:51 PM
I honestly don't think that gas will ever go down...if stations realize that people will and have to pay these rediculous prices why should their prices go down? I don't know all the details on who controls station prices and where the money goes directly but I do hope that gas goes down one day...hell i remember when it was like .89 a gallon-of course that was back when i didn't drive :(

Slomaro Z28
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
this is why we drill here and drill now.... and also Compressed Natural Gas cars are the future. Clark Howard from WSB already has a CNG honda civic and says he pays like $1.20 a "gallon" (whatever a gallon is equal to in CNG). Although there are only a very few places in Atlanta to get CNG right now.

If its what I'm thinking it'd be like propane and be in pounds, but I might thinking of something else.

RandomGuy
09-22-2008, 03:05 AM
what I don't get is that the marta buses use CNG, meaning the technology and infrastructure must already exist

Stormhammer
09-22-2008, 08:15 AM
^^ true

SPOOLIN
09-22-2008, 08:40 AM
If its what I'm thinking it'd be like propane and be in pounds, but I might thinking of something else.

its measured in cubic feet. in your house its measured as a Therm(100 cubic feet.)

UpSideDownDesi
09-22-2008, 09:37 AM
it's a money game and will never be over. U know why bush kissed arabs ass? They pay Bush family+business $400mill a year and his job pays him $400k a year....do the math.

BanginJimmy
09-23-2008, 08:37 AM
The problem with use NG is that most people also use that to heat their homes. It you put 5 million cars on the road that also use NG then think of what that will do to the price per therm to heat a home in the winter. It is already over$1.65 a therm, add that much more strain on the NG market and we will see $3.00 a therm and end up costing us more than buying NG to heat the house and gasoline to run the car. Even at $4.00 a gal.

i4_garage
09-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Gas will never run out :)

Vteckidd
09-23-2008, 11:16 AM
what I don't get is that the marta buses use CNG, meaning the technology and infrastructure must already exist
it does half of DObbins AFB Fleet is CNG

it WILL be the next fuel, you can bet on it. Its just so much farther ahead of Hydrogen right now and the technology is so simple. It would not take alot to retrofit cars either.

Vteckidd
09-23-2008, 11:17 AM
The problem with use NG is that most people also use that to heat their homes. It you put 5 million cars on the road that also use NG then think of what that will do to the price per therm to heat a home in the winter. It is already over$1.65 a therm, add that much more strain on the NG market and we will see $3.00 a therm and end up costing us more than buying NG to heat the house and gasoline to run the car. Even at $4.00 a gal.
ehhh ive read reports that we have enough Natural Gas to power every home in america for the next 160 years.

tony
09-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Not the way you should treat the hand that feeds you.

Please tell me you dont believe that.

sabastian458
09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
oil prices are the way they are due to speculation. People on wall street sell a future in oil at $xx amount, then say a hurricane is suppose to hit withing a week. Well that future just went to $xxx amount because supply is going to be down after it hits. But we pay more before it hits. Stupid.

Look at other countries in the world and see how much they pay, it will sicken you. Only a few others pay as much as we do

highspeed
09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
All I know is that the closest gas station around dahlonega is 6 miles out of town and they are also almost out of gas, the stations in dahlonega ran out about noon. I barely made it to that gas station........this sux

redrumracer
09-23-2008, 07:14 PM
lol im not even having a problem finding gas, sucks for yall

BanginJimmy
09-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Look at other countries in the world and see how much they pay, it will sicken you. Only a few others pay as much as we do

Like in Eurpose where they pay over $9.00 a gallon, or in Asia where they pay about the same. Maybe in Australia where they aer paying more than $7.00.

The only places you are seeing people with overly cheap hgas are those countries that the govt subsidises the cost.

Spektrewing386
09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_fields
http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/70/670-004-CDC33F92.gif

Importing oil is expensive. If you have your own oil, then its not so expensive.

Five*Star*
10-05-2008, 10:14 AM

I disagree. I think the price will drop actually. We will be getting better prices because there is a huge supply, and it will move faster.

It's like when you go to sams club and buy in bulk.

Glides
10-05-2008, 10:53 AM
oil prices are the way they are due to speculation. People on wall street sell a future in oil at $xx amount, then say a hurricane is suppose to hit withing a week. Well that future just went to $xxx amount because supply is going to be down after it hits. But we pay more before it hits. Stupid.

Actually. Check other countries. Alot of them pay more than we do. Even with exchange rates.

Also, Saudi Arabia pulled out of Opec last I heard about a month or so ago.