PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Slowr/t's Epic story.......

SLOWR/T
09-19-2008, 10:39 PM
First I think this is the correct section Second alittle background. I got a 91 turbo Civic hatch a few weeks ago. Started off with over heating problems. Blew some hose's, changed the thermostat, blew another hose. After that it was still heating up after a little while on the interstate. Well the car had a half core radiator so I looked around and ended up finding a deal on a full core hoping it would help. I also got a traction bar with it and found later that there was going to be some fitting issues. Alittle triming and some adjusting of the turbo and I got it to work but was unsure if the WG would work. On with some other things, the oil feed line was looking rough so I thought Id replace it. Right now its a rubber fuel line with alum. foil wrapped around the bottom to protect if from heat (Yeah I know Im working on getting it fixed). So back to the story. Finally got it going tonight and was checking and double checking things. Took it for a drive (very short lived). I use to hit only 4-5psi but this time (remember the WG.... yeah) 5psi comes and goes then 10psi and BOOM............... charge pipe blew. So I went back fixed it. Some may know Bucky and Carbon_crash are my roomates so when I came back they were puzzled. Told them what happened went back out. Last I heard was "dont blow it LOL". On with trip 2 it still wanted to go past 10 so I figured Id drive it easy to work tomarrow and try to fix it after work. Get almost to the 4 way stop and I start seeing smoke and Im like FU.CK! Didnt know what it was so I pull into a church parking lot and smoke is pouring out of the hood. I poped it and the car disapeared. At first I thought it was on fire. After the smoke cleared I saw the rubber line melted pouring all my oil out. So I call Bucky and tell him and already I hear Tony (carbon_crash) laughing so he jumps into the danger ranger and comes to pull me home. When he gets to the 4 way I already hear him laughing so he pulls up, we look at all the oil have a laugh, hook the chains up and pull her home. Anyways thats been my journey with this car so far. On a side note anyone have a extra oil feed line laying around? LOL I have one pic I took with my phone Ill upload it tomarrow.

Cliffs. Got a Sohc-t 91 civic. Had some overheating problems got a bigger radiator, had to adjust the turbo and changed the oil feed line. It ended up melting, pouring oil all over the turbo making tons of smoke. Carbon_crash got a good laugh and had to pull me home in the danger ranger. end of story.

carbon_crash
09-20-2008, 02:01 PM
I did laugh a good bit at your expense! lol!! danger ranger to the rescue

SLOWR/T
09-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Guess no one thought it was as funny as us tony.

FasTech
09-21-2008, 03:57 PM
My buddy had a danger ranger.. We have flipped it like 5 times and he still drives it everyday!...lol

green91
09-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Keeping rubber hoses off the exhaust FTW

SLOWR/T
09-21-2008, 06:29 PM
looking for a header or stock mani. Im going to go all motor for now till I get my 7 running and I can take this homemade bullshi.t off and have a correct one built.

rickgiblin
09-21-2008, 07:29 PM
wow... seems like your having a hell of a time.