PDA

View Full Version : Would u rock it...

JITB
09-19-2008, 03:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jitb37/jdm/Priuson20inchRENNSPORTEIGHTYONEs.jpg

FasTech
09-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I kinda like it... Maybe a inch smaller on the rims size! Other than that, I like the color and everything! But yeah I'd rock it.

Captain-Obvious™
09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
I'd rock it

EJ25RUN
09-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I would drive it everyday.

Prius' have a great design. It is just the enviromental nazi's have ruined the car for everybody else.

I wanna bring this irony up.

Remember those enviro biatches were burning Hummers?

Well with these gas prices, low lifes on the other side of the equation are burning prius'.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/news/2008/0905/torchedprius.500.jpg

Revmaynard
09-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Fck the Prius. It's worse for the environment to make it than it is to drive it. It's only cheap on gas in the city, right? Something about the friction from the brakes charging the batteries. *shrug*

EJ25RUN
09-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Fck the Prius. It's worse for the environment to make it than it is to drive it. It's only cheap on gas in the city, right? Something about the friction from the brakes charging the batteries. *shrug*

Most regular cars are the same way. Have you ever driven a Prius? It really nice for what it is. I used to sell them and the ones with NAV are better than Camrys.

Revmaynard
09-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Yea, but for that one to be so ''friendly'' to the environment seems kind of dumb. Don't you think?

EJ25RUN
09-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Yea, but for that one to be so ''friendly'' to the environment seems kind of dumb. Don't you think?

What do you mean 1? It is not the only 1. Remember the Prius has been around for 11 years so it is not nothing new. Honda's version wasn't as civilian friendly so it failed. Every other car brand has to blame itself for not coming out with some sort of a hybrid by now. I do think that certain Prius owners out right lie about the mileage they get but 50+ is very common and even more is achievable if you are traveling below 40 mph because you can drive it 100% electric. I also look at the Prius as a car that isn't what you would think as an econo box. You must have heard about celebrates that have bought them. Yes, most of those have no clue but consider this. Would a celebrity buy a car that isn't nice inside? Something that would make them feel poor and be a drastic down size from a Mercedes? The media has made the Prius better/worse than it really is. I saw it is a great looking car but one that can also get you around fine. Not terrably fast but it is not that slow either.

EJ25RUN
09-19-2008, 03:42 PM
I like the interior alot on this car actually. The main reason i am telling you all this is i had first hand experience selling them and that really let me understand how good of a car it is all around.

My favorite part.
http://www.cardata.com/images/2008_new_cars/Toyota/2008_Toyota_Prius_interior.jpg

Revmaynard
No, I just remember watching the Top Gear episode explaining the manufacturing process. You said ''most regular cars'' so I meant that ''one'' specifically talking about the Prius, if that makes sense. The Prius is designed to be economical but is a lot worse for the environment to be made so in the long run it really evens out with my Honda not being electric but a full petrol engine. I hear it's the batteries being made that isn't so economical for them. (Not trying to argue, just what I've heard about them.)

Revmaynard
The interior reminds me of a Yaris sedan, which makes sense lol. (Never been in the liftback.)

EJ25RUN
09-19-2008, 03:46 PM
No, I just remember watching the Top Gear episode explaining the manufacturing process. You said ''most regular cars'' so I meant that ''one'' specifically talking about the Prius, if that makes sense. The Prius is designed to be economical but is a lot worse for the environment to be made so in the long run it really evens out with my Honda not being electric but a full petrol engine. I hear it's the batteries being made that isn't so economical for them. (Not trying to argue, just what I've heard about them.)

You know just as well as i do Jeremy can twist facts. He is very good with words, almost too well. Don't forget the show started with a supercar race for gas mileage. Batteries as a whole are bad for the environment and there is no way around that. Jeremy is not the best source for 100% true facts.

I am a member of Final gear and after every episode, we discuss what was totally misconstrued on the show.

EJ25RUN
09-19-2008, 03:48 PM
The interior reminds me of a Yaris sedan, which makes sense lol. (Never been in the liftback.)

I can't agree, A package 6 Prius is far more comparable to an Avalon. Again, personal experience.

EJ25RUN
09-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Nice Prius

You have a habit of making a thread and never posting in it.

Revmaynard
09-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I mean the setup, never sat in a Prius so I don't know how the interior is in person. But the dash is setup pretty similar. Haha, that's awesome y'all pick at what he say's wrong. lol

dz988
09-19-2008, 03:57 PM
id rock it
mayb put sum black housing headlights:goodjob:

EJ25RUN
09-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I mean the setup, never sat in a Prius so I don't know how the interior is in person. But the dash is setup pretty similar. Haha, that's awesome y'all pick at what he say's wrong. lol

We are still going on about this dyno test.

Watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvYoOhGk-8A

"So this GT500 actually makes 447"

Something missing from that statement. :rolleyes:

Gorilla Eg!
09-19-2008, 05:10 PM
NICE!....THAT COLOR IS HORRID IN PERSON so props to him for actually making that color on the prius look good :goodjob:

EJ25RUN
09-19-2008, 06:01 PM
I know i'm not alone in thinking the Prius is a good looking car....am i?

alpine_aw11
09-19-2008, 06:33 PM
I know i'm not alone in thinking the Prius is a good looking car....am i?

Maybe not, but I think it's ugly. The front isn't terrible, but the back looks awful to me. Doesn't really matter though seeing as how one views a car's looks is purely subjective.

90_ACCORD
09-19-2008, 10:10 PM
yes only if it wasnt my money i spent on it. not bad but not really my style

imbatman
09-19-2008, 11:49 PM
nice

87 Turbo II
09-20-2008, 09:42 PM
nope, fwd ftl

Brian*
09-21-2008, 09:31 AM
no... hell NO

ackrite1
09-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Hell YES, i would rock the sh@te out of it.

Deke
09-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I'd sooner drive a stock prius than that.

YoTa_BoX
09-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Yup id rock it :)

4Dr_Teg
09-21-2008, 06:06 PM
yes i would!....dangs it hella slammed.

redpanda
09-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I owuld rock the hell out of that

DieselNuts
09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
lol, that would actually be a pretty badass daily

BTLFED
09-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Hell yeah I would rock that sh!t daily! Leave the 4Runner in the garage LOL

auxiliary
09-21-2008, 07:26 PM
nope, fwd ftl

that's the only reason you wouldn't rock it?

...another RWD is better than everything guy...

I mean it's not meant to be a sports car....I'm sure you could think of a bunch of other reasons why you wouldn't rock it but because it's FWD seems to be a silly reason

BTLFED
09-21-2008, 07:27 PM

I mean it's not meant to be a sports car....I'm sure you could think of a bunch of other reasons why you wouldn't rock it but because it's FWD seems to be a silly reason

I try and ignore the ignorant.

Deke
09-21-2008, 07:31 PM

Haha yeah I agree with you auxiliary.

The reason I wouldn't rock it because I think it's ridiculous to try to make an ugly vehicle look nice. It's be like slamming a PT cruiser or an Aztec. Honestly, if I saw that car on the road I would get a chuckle out of it. I have total respect for hybrids and trying to make less of a negative impact on the environment, but putting huge wheels and drop on it, who do they think they're fooling?

EJ25RUN
09-21-2008, 07:35 PM
but putting huge wheels and drop on it, who do they think they're fooling?

It doesn't look that bad.

Deke
09-21-2008, 07:37 PM

I agree, it doesn't look horrible. It's just the principle of it. The Prius is a "hip" car because it's relatively eco-friendly. I just think it falls flat on its face if you try to make it "hip" because of it's mad tyte drop.

It's just my opinion though. To each his own.

PS, the Aztec, PT cruiser example was a little harsh :)

auxiliary
09-21-2008, 07:41 PM

x2

It's ok.

EJ25RUN
09-21-2008, 07:42 PM
I agree, it doesn't look horrible. It's just the principle of it. The Prius is a "hip" car because it's relatively eco-friendly. I just think it falls flat on its face if you try to make it "hip" because of it's mad tyte drop.

It's just my opinion though. To each his own.

PS, the Aztec, PT cruiser example was a little harsh :)

Yeah i have learned to look past what the car represents to others and focus on the aesthetics. I feel that allot of people in this thread would have answered differently if the Prius was not a hybrid. Maybe your just not into the slantback roof.

masonhenson
09-22-2008, 06:19 PM
i like it