PDA

View Full Version : HELP, 95' CIVIC EX died & won't restart. Fuel pump isn't running

jwrape
09-19-2008, 07:12 AM
My brother inlaws 95' Civic Ex w/Vtec swap diethe other day while he was driving in traffic.
It won't restart and we can't see to find the issue.
So far we have replaced the fuel pump and replaced the Main relay under the dash that controls the fuel pump.
It seems that the fuel pump isn't coming on at all.
What else could it be?

j0nbunklah0m
09-19-2008, 07:17 AM
check the fuses. the ecu fuse. or it could be the ecu itself. i had the same problem turned out to b just a fuse

jwrape
09-19-2008, 07:28 AM
check the fuses. the ecu fuse. or it could be the ecu itself. i had the same problem turned out to b just a fuse

Checking the EUC right now by putting a paper clip in the plug above it to see if it will flash the CEL light.
Are there any other fuses in the car besides the fuse box under the hood?

Grimm Reeper
09-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Agreed^^^ Check the fuse and then after that check all of your grounds, if the fuse is blown, but still check even if it isn't.

mitch lab
09-19-2008, 07:33 AM
After checking the fuses, check to see if you have spark. IF you dont hear the fuel pump's buzz or unsure you can loosen up the fuel line/turn the car on on position, and see if your getting fuel.

jwrape
09-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Ok, the problem is that he is at his friends house where the car was towed and has almost no tools.
He just put a paper clip in the 2 prong plug to get any codes from the the ECU and the CEL light just stays on. Does not flash at all. He checked the ECU fuses and they are good as well.
Sounds like the ECU is dead right????

Pedal
09-19-2008, 08:07 AM
nevermind you replaced it already sorry

jwrape
09-19-2008, 08:15 AM
fuel main relay, about 80-90 at a honda shop

this is gonna be under the drive side of the dash (if sitting in the car) left side lay on your back in the floor board and loock up it will have a plug that is 4 wide and 2 high. most are gray or black with a gray, black or maroon bottom. one 10mm bolt holding it on
You didn't read the first post completely
"So far we have replaced the fuel pump and replaced the Main relay under the dash that controls the fuel pump."

But he just fixed it. It was the SRS fuse was blown under the dash at the top of the fuse panel. now it's off and runnin':cheers:
Thanks for all your help....

loSiRcity
09-19-2008, 09:36 PM
check the ignition switch. when they start to go out the contacts inside won't touch and tend to go out while driving due to a vibration. does the starter turn the motor over if the starter works its not the ignition switch. if in doubt just remember that the switch will be cheaper than an ecu and returnable unlike electronics. thats my two cents just throwing it out there good luck

Tech5
09-19-2008, 09:53 PM
the reason why the CEL didnt flash is because you wasnt getting a good connection in the connect, re do it an wingle it around until you see it start to flash, good deal on fixing it

jwrape
09-20-2008, 06:12 AM
He finally figured it out. I told him to go back through all the fuses and double check them. He did and found that the SRS(Safety Restraint System) fuse was blown. He replaced the fuse and the car started. :screwy: