PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods I think i'm having fuel issues.

jmmx258
09-18-2008, 10:18 PM
As the title says. A boosted B20 no vtec

When I'm driving, out of boost, the car runs fine. Pulls fine, does everything fine. As soon as I boost over 5psi it seems like the motor is flooding out. A good friend is burning me a chip tonight from a well running boosted B20 with a VERY similar setup. We've done some mild street tuning and it just doesnt seem to get any better. Sometimes, i can't get into boost at all.

Could it be that my phearable basemap is flowing to much fuel? I'm running 450cc DSM's on a phearable chipped p28.

Also, could it be my pressure regulator going or have crapped out? The first half hour to 45 minutes of the driving, after a 2-3 minute idling warm up the car runs fantastic, infact ran a 13.7 on bald street tires and low air pressure. After a while though, it just seems to run like its loaded up and cuts out, and seems like its getting way to much fuel.

I have a 255 fuel pump, I plan on installing, but in no way should i need that at only 9-10psi

patrick4588
09-18-2008, 10:22 PM
removed since double post

patrick4588
09-18-2008, 10:22 PM
i would run a 255 if you are boosting at all. and i would get a wideband to monitor things. i severly doubt you are doing any street tuning without a wideband. and if you had a wideband, you would know if you were running too rich or not.

turbob20
09-19-2008, 02:06 PM
its your map sensor going haywire. cause on my phearable chip mine would do fine till 5 psi too. i had to get scotty to tune it because phearable dont base in for the map sensor like they say they do but untill i tuned i used a missing link and it will stop till you get a real tune.and get a walbro 255 for any nos or boost. check and make sure you tune for what psi you want to run and no more than 11-12 psi on the stock map.

jmmx258
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Well, I'm on the stock map, running 10psi now and running STRONG!!! However, i pushed 70psi of oil, and forgot to put a restrictor in, and blew a seal. A rebuild kit will be shipped tomorrow morning. As well as a restrictor :)

Also as it turns out, I did have an AEM wideband. It went haywire, after a simple phone call, I was re-imbursed after telling them I no longer needed it and was going N/A I was completely reimbursed minus shipping of course, and the wideband was sent back.

Now, i'm running the NGK 91101 AFX and its working great! I can't wait to slap the slicks on it this week!!!