PDA

View Full Version : Where to get OEM Spark plug wires in Snellville?

jwrape
09-18-2008, 04:01 PM
I went out to lunch today and the car is now running on 3 cylinders. I noticd it was idling a little rough but then today I lost a good bit of power and I can defiantely tell it's not sparking on one cylinder.
I have to pick up my daughters from their ball game and I am driving from 285/85 N, down pleasant hill to Ronald reagan to 78 towarsd loganville later tonight. It will be after 7pm, is there a place to get OEM wires on the way home so I can change them on the way. I don't wanna buy cheap wires just to get me home I want to buy good wires once.

let me know if you guys know of a place to get some good wires on that way home.

jwrape
09-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Comon' I need to know something before I leave work. Car's running like crap and don't wanna buy crappy wires. Any suggestions, I know you guys know something

uproot
09-18-2008, 04:24 PM
try advance auto parts, they had a better selection of plugs when i bought mine a couple weeks ago, they had the NGK plugs i wanted and autozone didn't, so maybe give them a shot for the wires?

I don't know what you drive but if it's a honda, maybe try honda on hwy. 78

edit: just noticed you said it would be 7... i guess try advance on 78 in loganville that's where i went for my plugs, there's also a NAPA beside home depot maybe give them a shot too?

sorry if im not much help, lol

jwrape
09-18-2008, 04:33 PM
try advance auto parts, they had a better selection of plugs when i bought mine a couple weeks ago, they had the NGK plugs i wanted and autozone didn't, so maybe give them a shot for the wires?

edit: just noticed you said it would be 7... i guess try advance on 78 in loganville that's where i went for my plugs, there's also a NAPA beside home depot maybe give them a shot too?

Oh, I drive a 95 Integra GSR w/ LS swap.
I know Advance has the NGK plugs, which is good but they only have Bosch wires, do you think they would be a decent substitute? I know these Honda's work best on NGK wires, but I can't seem to find them at any Autoparts store.

slostang
09-18-2008, 04:36 PM

I second advance auto parts. I work there. :D we are running a special this month on Bosch platinum +2 plugs for $4.48 this month ONLY. but I would recomend the autolite professional series plug wires. they are awsome.

slostang
09-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh, I drive a 95 Integra GSR w/ LS swap.
I know Advance has the NGK plugs, which is good but they only have Bosch wires, do you think they would be a decent substitute? I know these Honda's work best on NGK wires, but I can't seem to find them at any Autoparts store.

all advance stores carry xact (store brand) and autolite professional series wires.

get the autolites.

jwrape
09-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I second advance auto parts. I work there. :D we are running a special this month on Bosch platinum +2 plugs for $4.48 this month ONLY. but I would recomend the autolite professional series plug wires. they are awsome.

That's right, Autozone had the Bosc, advance has the Autolite pro's. I guess unless there is another suggestion I will go that direction. Does Advance have a long spark plug wrench that I cna buy to change the plugs in the lot? I think it's either a burnt wire or a fowled plug. :thinking:

jwrape
09-18-2008, 04:39 PM
all advance stores carry xact (store brand) and autolite professional series wires.

get the autolites.

Yea, had bad experience with Xact wires. I won't use those again. I 'll try the AL Pros

uproot
09-18-2008, 04:39 PM
i wouldn't get bosch wires - thats my next purchase is wires i just haven't looked around part stores for them yet - only seen them online

good luck and let me know what you find... maybe try napa? idk...

slostang
09-18-2008, 04:44 PM
That's right, Autozone had the Bosc, advance has the Autolite pro's. I guess unless there is another suggestion I will go that direction. Does Advance have a long spark plug wrench that I cna buy to change the plugs in the lot? I think it's either a burnt wire or a fowled plug. :thinking:

with ohc motors you will need a ratchet, extention, socket. they should have a ratchet, socket and extention for you to borrow. but if you want to buy some tools all our hand tools are 50% off.

jwrape
09-18-2008, 04:51 PM
with ohc motors you will need a ratchet, extention, socket. they should have a ratchet, socket and extention for you to borrow. but if you want to buy some tools all our hand tools are 50% off.

I thought they might have one of those long T handled Spark plug wrenches that would slide in there. :???:

slostang
09-18-2008, 04:59 PM
I thought they might have one of those long T handled Spark plug wrenches that would slide in there. :???:

:doh: yeah they should have those. I had a brain fart.

jwrape
09-18-2008, 05:00 PM
:facepalm: yeah they should have those. I had a brain fart.

Cool, that will work...:goodjob: Thanks for the info.

slostang
09-18-2008, 05:02 PM
^^ no prob.

scttydb411
09-18-2008, 06:18 PM
get the wires from honda or get ngk (order if you have too). plugs ngk as well. most of the time i see any type of ignition/spark issues on a honda, it's because there are crappy wires and bosch or autolite plugs.

jwrape
09-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Well, I got to Advance auto last night, bought my $45 wires and installed them and that cured the issue. Glad that was all it was.
It was tough driving the 30 miles over to Snellville though. I went through a half a tank and only got 150 miles, usually I get something like 175-180 for a half tank but i had to open it up every time to get it to go. 3cylinders verses 4 is a large difference.