PDA

View Full Version : Brett & Leisa Lowenthal... info/pix - help our friends!-***LATEST UPDATE on pg.10***

4dmin
09-18-2008, 08:22 AM
I just got off the phone with Brett and he is doing about as good as you can expect. Leisa had a massive stroke last night after they had dinner. She was sent to Northside Hospital (Sandy Springs). She is currently in a coma and doctors say if she doesn't open her eyes within a week she may not come out of it.

Brett said visiting hours are all day except between 7-9pm. She is in room 17 (ICU). He will be there till 7pm then after 9pm

After reading his previous post:

Thank you everyone, reading all this had me crying again this morning. I am about to head to her work to see what kind of benefits she has because even if she pulls through she will not be able to work again they say, so now the reality of bills (House, car payments, etc) are what also kept me up all night because I dont know how I am going to stay afloat if its just me.
Brett/Leisa are the heart + soul of IA. They have been longtime friends of not only Julio/I but every OG on this board. I want everyone to help anyway they can. I would like for us to start a fund for the family to help them out. If you can't give $, keep them in your thoughts/prayers, if you would like to help out the family in another contribution: food, help around the house, etc. (pm me)

I ask all of you to step up to the plate and help out our friends. Please feel free to share info/pix/stories. Thank you.

send donations to paypal: [email protected]

Alan®
09-18-2008, 08:28 AM
If and when you guys set up a fund please let me know so I can make a donation. It won't be a lot but if I can help in any way I will.

The Ren
09-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Brett and Leisa have always been awesome awesome people to me.. even since I got on IA... Brett and I sometimes have not always seen eye to eye.. but he was always honest and truthful.. some of my fondest memories were back at jocks n jills on wings nights or the Target meets... Paul.. you let me know if you need help with anything and I have already told Brett Im here for him...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/PICT00332.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/26r.jpg

1000cckiller
09-18-2008, 08:29 AM
If Brett needs some help around the house I am free on sunday.

4dmin
09-18-2008, 08:30 AM
If and when you guys set up a fund please let me know so I can make a donation. It won't be a lot but if I can help in any way I will.

i hopefully will have a paypal address or mailing address up ASAP. i hopefully will be seeing brett later this evening and i want to know where he would like the fund to go.

Ran
09-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Looking forward to the PayPal info.

It may be a bit personal, but how about an address for cards and things?

Sammich
09-18-2008, 08:31 AM
due to my circumstances, i can't contribute anything monetarily, but w/o a doubt leisa and brett are always on my mind. leisa is a trooper and i'm more than sure she will pull out of it

4dmin
09-18-2008, 08:35 AM
updated her room number. (see 1st post)

alpine_aw11
09-18-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this, hope everything turns out ok for you guys. Good luck.

4dmin
09-18-2008, 08:38 AM
paypal info has been updated (see 1st post)

blackboi50
09-18-2008, 08:40 AM
no facking wayyyy!!! :cry:.........this sh!t chokes me up!!!!........need paypal info!!!!!.....1

Hulud
09-18-2008, 08:41 AM
thanks for the info paul

Brett
09-18-2008, 08:41 AM
guys,your,prayers,mean,the,world,to,me.she,needs,t o,make,it,through,this.she,just,has,to.(space,bar, on,thier,pc,doesnt,work,on,this,forum,sorry)but,i, aim-in-the-waiting-room-till-she-gets-back-from-the-CT-Scan-then-I-hope-to-know-more.She-is-my-WHOLE-life-she-cant-give-up,god-doesnt-need-her-as-much-as-we-do-here.I-am-so-angry-right-now

Mr. Clean
09-18-2008, 08:45 AM
I love IA. I will be donating today.

BobbyFresco
09-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Times like these are when you realize what's important in life...I hope to whatever higher being exists that Leisa pulls through for you and everyone else in her life.

SixSquared
09-18-2008, 08:46 AM
My prayers are with you guys... That's so awful. :(

Ruiner
09-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Oh noooo...no no no no no. Brett, I am almost at a loss for words. Both the fiancee and I will keep Leisa in our thoughts and prayers. I came out of my coma and made a miraculous recovery. Hope is not lost. I pray that she does the same. Keep your head up, man.

Brett
09-18-2008, 08:48 AM
its-just-not-fair-she-doesnt-deserve-this

Ran
09-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks for all the info Paul!

Brett
09-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Im-in-the0-waiting-are-waiting-for-her-to-come-from-the-CT-Scan-on-her-brain

4dmin
09-18-2008, 08:54 AM
I saw this pic on her myspace and it to me totally represents them... as long as i've known them they have always been like two little teenagers in love. Leisa has always supported Brett over the years as he dragged her to event to event and she became IA's #1 Girl. Together they are like a dynamic duo... they have a collective post count of approx 90k :eek:. They love IA more them Julio/I.

http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01184/98/35/1184545389_l.jpg

Stay strong Brett we are all thinking about you two and will help you all through this process.

Brett
09-18-2008, 08:55 AM
I saw this pic on her myspace and it to me totally represents them... as long as i've known them they have always been like two little teenagers in love. Leisa has always supported Brett over the years as he drug her to event to event and she became IA's #1 Girl. Together they are like a dynamic duo... they have a collective post count of approx 90k :eek:. They love IA more them Julio/I.

Stay strong Brett we are all thinking about you two and will help you all through this process.

paul-that-just-made-me-smile-she-is-my-baby.....she-has-to-fight

Nitro
09-18-2008, 08:56 AM
:( Omg B......geez i'm really at a loss for words too bro....i'm praying & hoping for the best my friend.....she's too strong to go out like this keep your head up she'll pull through!!! i'll call u on my break & try to make it down there at my lunch time.....

Sammich
09-18-2008, 08:57 AM
I saw this pic on her myspace and it to me totally represents them... as long as i've known them they have always been like two little teenagers in love. Leisa has always supported Brett over the years as he drug her to event to event and she became IA's #1 Girl. Together they are like a dynamic duo... they have a collective post count of approx 90k :eek:. They love IA more them Julio/I.

this is all i can think of when thinking of brett and leisa too two clowns in love who love to fool around..she gota make it brett

Brett
09-18-2008, 08:57 AM
:( Omg B......geez i'm really at a loss for words too bro....i'm praying & hoping for the best my friend.....she's too strong to go out like this keep your head up she'll pull through!!! i'll call u on my break & try to make it down there at my lunch time.....

she-loves-you-to-death-man,-please-try-and-come-see-her-and-talk-to-her,tell-her-we-need-her

Brett
09-18-2008, 08:58 AM
this is all i can think of when thinking of brett and leisa too two clowns in love who love to fool around..she gota make it brett

thanks-bro

wwpms6
09-18-2008, 09:05 AM
whoa.... i don't know either of you, but you two are in my thoughts. she's got to pull through both of yalls(lol) post crack me up. i will donate some when i get the chance.

Nitro
09-18-2008, 09:11 AM
she-loves-you-to-death-man,-please-try-and-come-see-her-and-talk-to-her,tell-her-we-need-her

Dude u know i'm so gonna be there :cry:

TopSpeedInc
09-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Brett, She is in my prayers. If you need anything let me know.

Tray M

blackboi50
09-18-2008, 09:14 AM
yall are in my prayers!!!!! in my thoughts all day dude!!!!......1

Dr. K8
09-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Brett: Paul and I are coming to visit you both tonight. We will do anything we can to support you through this tough time. I know how hurt you are because Paul and I have a relationship much like yours. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. Love, anger, sadness, fright, confusion, hope... all at once. You have a tremendous support system here on IA - remember you are not alone. Paul and I love you and Leisa very much.

Brett
09-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Brett: Paul and I are coming to visit you both tonight. We will do anything we can to support you through this tough time. I know how hurt you are because Paul and I have a relationship much like yours. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. Love, anger, sadness, fright, confusion, hope... all at once. You have a tremendous support system here on IA - remember you are not alone. Paul and I love you and Leisa very much.

Kate,I-know-she-will-love-to-know-you-are-there-tonight.-they-asked-me-to-leave-the-room-for-another-45-minutes-so-they-can-put-another-tube-in-her.I-feel-all-you-mentioned.love,anger,sadness,total-freight-and-so-much-confusion

silver
09-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Hey Brett, Leisa is in my prayers. I know I don't come around anymore and you guys probably dont like me as much as you did 2 years ago before all the me and JM stuff happened lol, but I always loved you guys and if you need anything, differences aside, please let me know. I am going through some pretty rough stuff myself right now and already have a long prayer list going, but I assure you Leisa is at the top of that list right now!

Brett
09-18-2008, 09:42 AM
thanks-girl

4dmin
09-18-2008, 09:50 AM
visiting hours updated (see 1st post)

Jaimecbr900
09-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Anyone who is interested in helping out, please PM either Paul or myself. We're going to try and keep a list ourselves of those people that want to volunteer to help. Brett is going to need not only our prayers, but he and Leisa are going to need us to support them. If you are willing to step up and help, especially financially, this is the time to do it. Both of them would do it for you without question.

If you can't help financially, there are quite a few other things that are probably going to be available for you to do, so please contact either Paul or myself via PM to put your name in the hat.

Please keep both in your thoughts and prayers regardless.

Thank you.

ProjectWidow
09-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Like most have said, I'm really almost at a loss of words! You guys always seemed so happy together and I'm sure she will pull through!! Stay strong and hang in there Brett!

twinj
09-18-2008, 10:08 AM
:cry:

DJ Maestro
09-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Brett, I am so very sorry to hear about Leisa. I know I am still very much a noob here, but I know already how much she means to IA. I hope with all my heart that she pulls through this. From one old man to another...if you need anything do not hesitate to let me know and I will do everything in my power to help.

You have all if IA behind you buddy.

coolZero
09-18-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm crushed! I am prayign now 4 U both. Anything I can do - you call me - I'm there.

Vteckidd
09-18-2008, 10:31 AM
i will send Donation today. Also going to post this on HT to see i can get some more donations for you.

The Yousef
09-18-2008, 10:31 AM
I know give both of you a lot of sh1t but you guys are like family to me. I wilt try to swing down during my lunch break. if notI will see you tonight brother. everyone is in my prayers.

DeeAOne
09-18-2008, 10:37 AM
ah man this sucks! hope everything turns out ok. just have faith she will pull through!

eViLMunkey
09-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Donation sent to your pay-pal Brett, as I stated in the other thread your family is in my prayers throughout this ordeal... hope the little I gave can help ya out :goodjob:

PawnShopCEO
09-18-2008, 10:55 AM
I sent 20$

Vteckidd
09-18-2008, 11:02 AM
I posted on HT

If you are on IA share your story of Brett and Leisa over there

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2390207

Killer
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
guys,your,prayers,mean,the,world,to,me.she,needs,t o,make,it,through,this.she,just,has,to.(space,bar, on,thier,pc,doesnt,work,on,this,forum,sorry)but,i, aim-in-the-waiting-room-till-she-gets-back-from-the-CT-Scan-then-I-hope-to-know-more.She-is-my-WHOLE-life-she-cant-give-up,god-doesnt-need-her-as-much-as-we-do-here.I-am-so-angry-right-now

brett, you can't get mad man... that's not what you need, nor what leisa needs.... stay strong brother... stay strong!!!!

blacknightteg
09-18-2008, 11:23 AM
o...m....g. This is just wrong. i dont know either brett or leisa that personally, i have been around them a few times at the old jocks and jills meets but my god. i cannot believe this. I always love comming on here and seeing brett being a dufus and leisa bitching in a loving way, it alwasy makes me smile. I am so sorry brett. she is in my prayers, this is just a shocker. Stay strong man, we all love you guys regardless of whether or not we have been around you all personally, like paul said. you two are IA more then any of us on this site. I have faith she will pull through, god i hope.

candy2082002
09-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I am so sorry Brett, she is in my prayers. I can't imagine what you are feeling, but from reading all the love coming from all these people, I hope it helps you and her through this.

Dracc
09-18-2008, 11:58 AM
My damn heart hurts everytime i look in one of these threads.. I'm donating man..

tony
09-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Contributed to the cause, she is in my prayers.

chnco
09-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm at a lost of words. I remember back in the day when I was a n00b I was asking for Leisa's A/S/L in an IA chat on AIM (sorry Brett!). I think that was way back in the day pre Import South at the beginning of time.

Stay strong!

Ran
09-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Sent a small donation as well. It's not much, but I hope it helps.

4dmin
09-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks everyone get the word out and support Brett/Leisa any way you can.

Mike thanks for the HT post.

Ran
09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I made a thread at the anime site that I help moderate. I don't expect much to come out of it in terms of monetary help, but you never know. Even extra thoughts and wishes can never hurt.

http://e-shuushuu.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1040

The Ren
09-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Brett I will give you cash when I see you tonight....we are all here for you and will be throughout...

Nissan Sean
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
brett you and Leisa are in my prayers......

yogi08
09-18-2008, 12:46 PM
i posted on myspace with the donation link... ill post on a few more forums i am apart of and direct them to this. leisa will be better soon man.

4ngie
09-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Brett & Leisa. :( I love you both very much.

http://images17.fotki.com/v349/photos/4/43029/4120767/SAVANNAH115-vi.jpg

Revmaynard
09-18-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about this, Brett. My grandfather suffered a stroke and I know how upsetting it can be waiting to know if they're even going to make it. Think of IA as your backbone, you can always come on here when you need some words of encouragement. I know I'm willing to talk as well of half of these guys. If I could afford to donate I would in a heartbeat. I will post up on my other frequent forum about this to see if anyone else can help. Your family is in my families prayers.

Revmaynard
09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
I posted on my other forum for prayers. I said they could donate if they wanted to and posted the account information.

http://www.hondacivicwagon.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4457&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Alan®
09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Contributed. I only wish it was more.

4dmin
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
UPDATE #2:

CT scan results are back. Neurologist says that she hasn't had any changes from previous scan.....which is actually GOOD news! Although she is still in a coma, her brain is not bleeding any more and pressure has been stabilized for now. She is on a ventilator eventhough she can technically breathe on her own. DR's are using the ventilator to keep Leisa from laboring and allowing her to be as stress free as possible.

Arrangements have been made to get Brittnee picked up, so Brett will be at the Hospital all day now. It would be nice if the first people going up there take Brett something to eat. He's not eaten all day.

I'll keep yall updated.

Prayers are still needed.

:cheers:

yogi08
09-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Keep us updated, im updating my pastor with every update I find out.

DJ Maestro
09-18-2008, 02:14 PM
I believe that there are a few of us going up there tonight after 9pm to see Brett and bring our well wishes to Leisa. Anyone know if Brett likes any kind of snack in particular that we could bring him? I know he likes sammiches, but I don't think any of us will drive out to South Carolina to get Brett a sammich. ;)

*Forgive the humor, but in a time like this laughter could very well be the best medicine. Positive vibes bring positive results.*

flyingtoaster
09-18-2008, 02:20 PM
brett hope you see this soon, leisa and you are in my prayers. she is a trooper and she will be fine hommie. call me if you need anything. your elite fam is here!

WalkS
09-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I sent some money for the donation, it's not much but i hope it will help out in anyway.

Vteckidd
09-18-2008, 02:53 PM
the guys over at Kool Klox have decided to donate $3 from everthing they sell from today till october 20th to the Lowenthals

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2388498

I discussed w/my partner and we've decided to donate $3 from every K00L KL0X sell made here on HT between today and Oct 20th to the Lowenthal's. See sig for clocks. We have a quiet a few more clocks than are listed and we'll try to get a list up asap.

ironchef
09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Hope everything turns out alright, stay strong.

PawnShopCEO
09-18-2008, 03:28 PM
very good from kool klox. Maybe sprayglo can help a little.. I know Brett was always repping them

Sammich
09-18-2008, 03:46 PM
the guys over at Kool Klox have decided to donate $3 from everthing they sell from today till october 20th to the Lowenthals

THATS AWESOME RIGHT THERE:goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
09-18-2008, 04:43 PM

That's very cool. Great job Mike. :goodjob: Props.

Did someone post something on the s2k forum? I know Brett used to go there a lot for a while.

Nerdsrock22
09-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Your family is in my prayers. My donation will arrive as fast as paypal can move.

quickdodge®
09-18-2008, 05:36 PM
My video:

LINK!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPrwm3owFGg)

Love ya, Leisa. Get better. We're counting on it. Later, QD.

BTLFED
09-18-2008, 06:19 PM
I have expressed everything in the other thread and am going to pull together what I can to donate and make a few calls tomorrow to people and see what else I can do.

SixSquared
09-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Do we have any new updates?

Tracy
09-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Wow! Yousie just called me to tell me the awful news. I am so sorry to hear about Leisa. She is the nicest woman I have ever met. SERIOUSLY. My thoughts are with you guys and I know she'll be alright :)

Killswitch Performance
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Even though I have never met either, best wishes to both and hopefully you guys can pull through the hard time.

Tyler

babygurl
09-18-2008, 07:49 PM
I love you Leisa...pull through this, and come back to us...

Brett I love you too...

Scotsman
09-18-2008, 08:00 PM
IRL , i never met the terrible two of you ,lol , but i have heard nothing but the god's gift of grace from the two of you , Brett , hang in there laddie , and to Leisa , fight harder than you have ever fought before! there is many more great times to be had , my prayers go out to the two of you and all that is involved!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/wildbaby/23z941.jpg

FasTech
09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm so sorry, she will deff. be in my prayers and I'll put her on the prayer list at chruch Sunday...... If I wasn't in Macon I'd help with whatever I could.... I'm not financial able to give money at the moment, but no doubt Brett and Leisa will be in my prayers.

amy011079
09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
OMG Brett I am so sorry to hear about this. A friend of mine called just a little while ago and told me what had happened and since I don't have another way to contact you really, I thought I would come on here and give you my condolences and to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Leisa and your family. Please take care of yourself and we're all thinking and praying for you.

eViLMunkey
09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Hope everything is goin' ok which I'm sure it is..

Julio
09-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I haven't been on IA in a couple of days and someone told me about all this at the sonic meet. I was like What ? I was confused.. totally like you are kidding?

Brett, I will have you guys in my mind... I'm shocked/chocked at words..

Time like these are tough.. but everything will be great... Leasa will pull through all these and everything back to normal...

You guys been my people for almost 8 years now!! Been a big part of this community, big part of these industry ... You guys are the BOMB!!!

Keep ya head up !

collins
09-18-2008, 10:56 PM
myself and a few others just left the hospital, and while some of us cant afford to financially help them, our support helps more than you will ever know. true friends are what this couple needs right now, and i must say i was impressed with who all came out. some og's and some not so og's... it makes things so much easier for them when they see how much support they have.

LEISA, WE LOVE YOU GIRL! we'll see your smiling face kicking brett's ass again soon enough! hang in there!

brett, you know the digits. dont hesitate to use them.

Brett
09-18-2008, 11:09 PM
To all of you who came out, THANK YOU!!! YOU ALL MEAN THE WORLD TO ME

To those of you who I just found out have sent donations to my Paypal to help me keep things going while she is gone, You are a blessing and I want to personally thank you from the bottom of my heart, this was TOTALLY unexpected

RODOLFO SOCORRO
Justin Moore
Brian Palms
Benjamin Conrad
Brian King
The Abrom Group LLC
Jason Wallace
James Cromartie
Nathaniel
paul firestine
Randall

Brett
09-18-2008, 11:12 PM

~wipes tears from my eyes~ You guys, ALL of you on here are simply amazing, You have blown me away with your kindness for her, this is something I will tell her tomorrow, to give her yet another reason to fight, so she can personally thank EVERYONE for the hearts at a time like this.

The Yousef
09-18-2008, 11:16 PM
http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01198/28/34/1198754382_l.jpg

Brett
09-18-2008, 11:19 PM
^^ Thats my baby... Thats her usual self

Revmaynard
09-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Do you guys have any kids?

The Yousef
09-18-2008, 11:25 PM

me.

no really....whenever i'm out with them....i call them 'mom and dad'

:lmao:

Brett
09-18-2008, 11:35 PM

She has 2 kids (My step kids)

B_Hoov
09-19-2008, 01:29 AM
damn this sucks, brett i doubt you and leisa remember me, i used to roll around with a couple of your buddies, Tom Lawson and Pete Lutz, i had met you and your wife quite a few times at shows etc, for what it''s worth im praying for you, and me and my wife would like to bring you dinner one night at your discretion, hit me back with info and we'll be making our contribution to the pay pal fund. from what i have seen of you and leisa you are amazing people and she will pull thru buddy! hang in there :goodjob:

osnap
09-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Brett, I just donated via paypal. I really really wish I could afford to give more, but I suppose every bit helps. My heart aches for you man, but I'm confident that things are gonna be alright. I've unfortunately never had the pleasure to meet either you or Leisa, but I feel almost as if I know you well just from interacting with you here on the forums. You're as good as family, as far as I'm concerned.

Brett
09-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks guys!!! I still feel so wierd accepting any type of donations from people because I am not one to ask for things, But with her not able to work and just my check for a while anything helps I guess, as much as I hate to even let people help us.

4dmin
09-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks guys!!! I still feel so wierd accepting any type of donations from people because I am not one to ask for things, But with her not able to work and just my check for a while anything helps I guess, as much as I hate to even let people help us.

Don't worry about it brett people want to make sure you have your mind on leisa and not burdened by everyday issues. IA is full of great people. It has never cease to amaze me the friendships and contacts that are made through a silly online forum. It was nice seeing everyone last night and to see people come together in some members time of need. It makes me proud to say i'm apart of IA.

People should always give more than they can and take less than they need.

:iaowns:

Brett we are going to try to come back maybe sunday to see her. I urge anyone who knows Brett/Leisa to take trip to the hospital to see Leisa and talk to her. Last night Kate and I seemed to think she was responding to us when we talked. You never know 1 person's voice could trigger something amazing :goodjob:.

accord01
09-19-2008, 08:47 AM
I know it has been a while since I have been around but I heard the news and wanted to get on. Brett I am so sorry to hear about everything. Leisa is such an amazing woman. I always looked at her as the heart of Unique Creations. Stay strong and know that so many people love and care for her. I am planning on going to the hospital sometime today to see her. If you need anything Brett let me know, I am here for you.

Crowml
09-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Brett,
The entire team is devistated by this. We're still all here for you should you need us. Leisa is in our thoughts and prayers. But you stay strong buddy. Both of you are still very much a part of Elite and we wilol do what we can to help.

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Brett it broke my heart last night that I wasn't able to go in and see her, but I am very proud of how strong you are being. Leisa needs you to be strong for her right now. You mentioned that you didn't know what you believe anymore b/c you want Leisa here and God doesn't want her as much as you... Keep your faith strong, and don't lose it. People are praying for you and that is what will pull her through. She will fight, she is a fiesty thing... You guys mean so much to me and I will be donating every other week even if it's only $5!!! I will give what I can when I can. If you need anything, you have my number, please do not hesitate to ask...

Max and I will be there again tonight and throughout the weekend and into next week without a doubt... You have plenty of support and lots of prayers... I love you both so so much.

Jaimecbr900
09-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Brett it broke my heart last night that I wasn't able to go in and see her, but I am very proud of how strong you are being. Leisa needs you to be strong for her right now. You mentioned that you didn't know what you believe anymore b/c you want Leisa here and God doesn't want her as much as you... Keep your faith strong, and don't lose it. People are praying for you and that is what will pull her through. She will fight, she is a fiesty thing... You guys mean so much to me and I will be donating every other week even if it's only $5!!! I will give what I can when I can. If you need anything, you have my number, please do not hesitate to ask...

Max and I will be there again tonight and throughout the weekend and into next week without a doubt... You have plenty of support and lots of prayers... I love you both so so much.

I heard Max was being a ham last night.......how surprising!!!!:lmfao: ;)

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-19-2008, 11:04 AM
I heard Max was being a ham last night.......how surprising!!!!:lmfao: ;)

You know it.. the little chicken!! He gave everyone winks and kisses!! Such a sweety! He seemed to bring a little cheer which is always useful in a time like this.;)

4dmin
09-19-2008, 11:05 AM
You know it.. the little chicken!! He gave everyone winks and kisses!! Such a sweety! He seemed to bring a little cheer which is always useful in a time like this.;)

ya he was a funny little guy nice to see you guys :cheers:

Allstar3.8T
09-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Brett, We are all diligently supporting you with prayer, and sharing this with others to spread the word to let everyone know of your family's need. In times like this, disagreements from the past seem so rediculous, and truly insignifigant.....as they actually were. Please keep us posted on the changes you are seeing, and hearing from the doctors and when needs arise, let your friends here know!

Jaimecbr900
09-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Latest update:

Last night, Leisa responded to our conversation....(don't yall wish yall knew what she and I talked about.....;) ). So much so, that she had to be sedated a little to bring her heart beat, which went from 98 to 108, back down and make her relax. We're taking that as a "good" sign. She had a little swelling on her brain, which was some cause of concern, but they started medication to control that right away. By the time we left, it was back down to the acceptable level. Again, "good" news.

This morning, situation was relatively unchanged, which again is better than the alternative. They did discover a slightly elevated level of something in her kidneys, but the results of that will not be in until later this afternoon. I don't think this is cause to be alarmed right now either, but we'll know for sure when the results come in later today.

She is relaxed and still responding to certain people. Brett is continuing his bedside vigil and will be there all weekend long. Anyone wanting to visit with him is welcomed to. Please make note of the visiting hours and gauge accordingly.

Prayers are STILL NEEDED, so let's keep that going. Financial help is STILL NEEDED, so keep that coming too. Overall support has been fantastic, so KEEP THAT COMING TOO.

I'll keep everyone updated. :goodjob:

PRAYERS, PRAYERS, PRAYERS.

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-19-2008, 01:29 PM
ya he was a funny little guy nice to see you guys :cheers:

You too Paul... Thanks.;)

eViLMunkey
09-19-2008, 02:15 PM
To all of you who came out, THANK YOU!!! YOU ALL MEAN THE WORLD TO ME

To those of you who I just found out have sent donations to my Paypal to help me keep things going while she is gone, You are a blessing and I want to personally thank you from the bottom of my heart, this was TOTALLY unexpected

RODOLFO SOCORRO
Justin Moore
Brian Palms
Benjamin Conrad
Brian King
The Abrom Group LLC
Jason Wallace
James Cromartie
Nathaniel
paul firestine
Randall

No problem Brett, you all need the support and that's what friends are for, I still remember to old Koncept, Civic Minded meets at Fudruckers :goodjob: Anything else I can do to help from all the way up here in Massachusetts just ask. As I said before my prayers are going out to you, Leisa and the kids. . We're all here keeping ya'll in our thoughts and Prayers :goodjob:

LaurenK
09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Brett, I will send you a donation as soon as I get paid...Leisa moved her hand today, when i touched her...I know it. I know she heard me. SHE is going to get through this! Just keep positive, keep praying! I love you guys!

QuickBrick
09-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Pray for her.

Done deal brother!

I really don’t know what to say (choked up in disbelief) my friend, but I do want you and Leisa to know you’re on a prayer network (actually two). Hang in there brother, with this much love and kindness, something Leisa has always been about, she can’t help but come back to you!

Please don’t hesitate to give me a ring if you need anything.

Jamie please keep the updates coming. Eddie thanks for the call…

Tom

Jaimecbr900
09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Latest update:

Ms. Leisa's condition hasn't changed, which again is rather "good" news, but something really cool happened today.......

A nurse was trying to apply something to the inside of her mouth, and Leisa lifted up her arm and tried to swat it away!!!!!:cheers: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :super: :super: :super: So that is awesome news!!!!!

Leisa tried to pimp slap the nurse........WORD!!!!!

The prayers and thoughts are working folks. Keep it up.

I'll keep yall updated. :goodjob:

4dmin
09-19-2008, 04:04 PM
:cheers: good deal

metalman
09-19-2008, 04:16 PM
I dont know how I missed this thread and news until now. :???:

Regardless, best wishes and prayers for speedy recovery are being sent.

Mrs Metalman is an experienced nurse, and as such has cared for a goodly number of stroke patients. Please know, there is great hope. What seems quite terrible at first often resolves itself greatly with time. The human brain is a remarkable machine.
Here's wishing the absloute very best to Brett & Leisa.

thecrazyone
09-19-2008, 05:31 PM
i've been reading this thread but dont know what to say...

i dont know you all except the casual jokes on IA i get to know you a little, i know all to well how gloomy times like these can be, stay strong friend. we are all here for you.

Brett
09-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Thank you so much everyone for everything

IndianStig
09-19-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm extremely sorry to hear about that. I hope Leisa has a speedy recovery and goodluck to you and your family Brett.

Brett
09-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Thank you so much

yogi08
09-19-2008, 07:31 PM
your IA family loves both of yall, brett :D
its friday night and im still thikn bout bothr of yall man

Mr. Clean
09-19-2008, 10:58 PM
http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01198/28/34/1198754382_l.jpg

LOLOL this picture is epic.

oh and PIMP SLAPS FTMFW, tell her we want more of that haha.

Brett
09-20-2008, 06:47 AM
I am up and back in the waiting room, from 7am-9am I have to leave the room. She had a pretty stable night, I slpet in the room. She has been running a slight fever all night and has not really given me any more movements when I talk to her, which is kind of depressing to me, becuase I take her hand movements as signs she hears me, But I am trying to not let that affect me. About 4am when they were putting a new tube in her mouth they had to hold her right arm and leg down because she was trying to fight them doing it, I dont know how much of that is reflex or how much is her just showing she doesnt like what they are doing. I didnt get any sleep, The room was literally like a cooler because of her fever so I was freezing all night and a few times I have to leave the room while to do routine things through the nigjht.

She is stable still, so thats all I can really say.... we are on day #3 now, I do not uslally pray, but last night I begged for her to be brought back to me.... I know you all care so much, but you need to understand.... if she does not pull through and she gives up the fight or her brain does not let her come back..... I will be lost in this world, she is what gives me reason to even try to be a better man every day of my life, and to want to be on this earth... without her.... What is my reason for being?

Thank you ALL for everything, some of you I saw sent Paypal donations, and you all are amazing..... It does help ease my mind on that front and allows me to focus it on Leisa 100%.

To those of you who have come out, and I wouild name names but I would feel like complete sh*t if I missed someone when I do, so just know, YOU ALL are amazing to me, some each night have stayed here with me till midnight (Last night till almost 1am when I had to finally go back to her room and attempt to get some sleep)

To those of you praying and spreading the word for others to pray, THANK YOU as well, that is just as important as anything else and means just as much.

IA has really rallied behind Leisa and behind me to keep me strong for her, It is hard, I wont lie... I have not had a day since Wednesday night when she came in that I have not cried atleast 12 times or more...... Leisa is my everyting.....

Baby... you have to come home.... Please......

Nerdsrock22
09-20-2008, 07:01 AM
Brett.

We've never met, but you're an inspiration as a husband and a man. I think you are showing a lot of people here what it takes to truly love someone and to step up and make the necessary sacrifices.

IA: Pay attention, this is how its done.

I'll continue to pray for y'all, without end.

Brett
09-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Thank you, I am not trying to seem like I am a perfect husband, I am FAR from it, I have taken Leisa for granted over the years like we all do with loved ones, assuming they will be there the next day, PLEASE realize who you all have in your lives and dont make that mistake. I am not begging for a second chance to be a perfect man for her,

amy011079
09-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Glad to hear Leisa is responding SOME. At least it's something. Keep us posted. We are still praying for you Brett.

§treet_§peed
09-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Bri told me that when they put the swab in her mouth the other day that Leisa almost knocked the **** outta the nurse lol.. now thats the Leisa we all know...

ARFNSX
09-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Here are a few photos of us at the Auto Show last year.

I look at these photos to make me smile (even though Yousef is in them) :screwy: :D

Leisa is great, strong and determined. She is going to pull out of this just fine without any side-affects

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ARFNSX/Sample%20Corporate%20Photos/15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ARFNSX/Sample%20Corporate%20Photos/ajc11.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ARFNSX/Sample%20Corporate%20Photos/ajc13.jpg

Brett
09-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Thank you Alex, I enjoyed those, and THANK YOU

Leisa's blood pressure has been high all day, but I am thinking it may be because they a lowered the dose JUST A TAD of her sedation but we will see. Still in the coma :(

welery
09-21-2008, 02:03 PM
The S2KAtlanta Club is praying for you, Brett...

Stay strong

Brett
09-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks Walter

FriskyWalrus
09-21-2008, 09:56 PM
brett i wish you and leisa the best. if im not on IA and im on XBL, either you or rich fill me in as to whats going on with her

Brett
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I doubt I will be on my XBOX anytime in the future

Nissan Sean
09-21-2008, 10:04 PM
again God bless.....

FriskyWalrus
09-21-2008, 10:48 PM
I doubt I will be on my XBOX anytime in the future
either way. ill try to keep as updated as i can with this. like i said. i wish you and leisa the best in the situation. you have nothing but prayers from my end my friend

UpSideDownDesi
09-21-2008, 11:46 PM
she is in my prayers. I know she'll pull out, she's a strong woman, and will be back to 100% in no time. *waits for her to post*.

Brett
09-22-2008, 06:43 AM
This morning the took her down for her Cat Scan, they said her body did well for the move and she is back in her room, and vitals are stable. No real changes except her Kidneys are getting back within normal ranges today and they have made a slight adjustment on the breathing machine this morning. Instead of it doing it all for her, they are trying to let her do some of it, but the machone is still doing it just not 100% now, I dont know what the CT scan will say, But I hope the breathing change is a step.... God I need her back.

ShooterMcGavin
09-22-2008, 10:01 AM
hang in there brett :)

aaronfelipe
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
We are here for you Brett. Do not hesitate to ask if you need any help of any kind. I am certain we can contribute to you and Leisa's wellness. God bless my man.

Brett
09-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Well they took her off all sedations today and she has not woken up yet or even tried yet, the Doctor said if she doesnt in a couple days she may never. So guys, I need your prayers more than ever.

eViLMunkey
09-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Well it should take a little while for the sedatives to get out of her system, but as ou all have been in my prayers for the past few days, and shall remain till she pulls through..:goodjob:

Nerdsrock22
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm still praying here, man.

Stay Strong.

SicStang03
09-23-2008, 04:34 AM
She is in my prayers. I'm sure she will pull through. God Bless

Jaimecbr900
09-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Latest update:

As Brett stated, Leisa has been weined off the sedation medicine, yet she's still not responding as the doctors hoped. Brett needs our prayers and support more than ever today and tomm. They would like for her to give some signs of consciousness, but it's not happening right now. They can only keep the breathing tube in, which is in her throat, for so long before they have to take it out due to irritation and possible infections. If it continues, she will have to have a tracheatomy to continue with the breathing aid. This is pretty much standard procedure for someone in her condition. Doctors are trying to stay optimistic, but the next two days are pivotal.

We need everyone to stay focused and help Brett and Leisa. Prayers and support is what is needed.

KREEP
09-23-2008, 08:46 AM
My wife and I are praying

Tracy
09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Brett,

My mother was in a really bad accident many years ago. She was in a coma a little over 3 months. She is totally fine now. She has a bad arm, but that has nothing to do with the coma. My mom is a great example of a long time coma survivor. So, just keep your head up and keep praying. Leisa is strong and she wants to wake up. Keep talking to her. My mom has memories from her coma. She said she knew we were there and we kept her alive and helped her come out of it. :)

Brett
09-23-2008, 08:58 AM
She had no movement over night and with her being taken off yesterday off the sedation I really need her to move and show signs of trying to come back, The doctor says if she doesnt in a couple more days that is a huge problem and she will be moved to a facility to get taken care off and still will not know if she will ever wake up.

FasTech
09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
She had no movement over night and with her being taken off yesterday off the sedation I really need her to move and show signs of trying to come back, The doctor says if she doesnt in a couple more days that is a huge problem and she will be moved to a facility to get taken care off and still will not know if she will ever wake up.

Don't worry Brett, she's gonna pull threw!

Brett
09-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Thank you all, I have to keep remebering this is only day #6, and even though the Dr. says if she doesnt wake up in a week thats a set back, But I have heard so many stories of people in Coma's that dont wake up for closer to 10-14 days or more.... Her brain has been through alot and it may take a tad longer than a week. I am trying so hard to stay strong. God its so hard.

BTEC
09-23-2008, 09:16 PM
damn what the dr said. I said shes gonna wake up, and were gonna have a little get together to celebrate, and im gonna take a pic with her (bc i never have) and its gonna b great!

Brett
09-23-2008, 09:26 PM
I wish I knew people who had strokes in the same area of the brain as her, The Pons is the area hers, in which Pons - contains centers for the control of vital processes, including respiration and cardiovascular functions. It also is involved in the coordination of eye movements and balance. That is why she cant wake up

Sammich
09-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Thank you all, I have to keep remebering this is only day #6, and even though the Dr. says if she doesnt wake up in a week thats a set back, But I have heard so many stories of people in Coma's that dont wake up for closer to 10-14 days or more.... Her brain has been through alot and it may take a tad longer than a week. I am trying so hard to stay strong. God its so hard.

keep strong big homie...do it for her..she will pull thru no question

LaurenK
09-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Yes...Stay strong Brett...we're all here for you!

Imadaman
09-24-2008, 08:48 PM
we here for you man,in my prayers.

Brett
09-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Well today we had a first good day since she has been in there. Today is 1 week tonight she had the stroke.... and today she made a few big changes (Atleast to me, even though the doctor didnt seem to impressed which pissed me off)

Today a CT Scan was done, and her swelling has started to go down in her brain. Because of that they clamped off the tube that has been draining her fluid from her brain and her brain has been doing it like a normal brain since 7am this morning.

Her right side since she has arrived there has reacted to pain tests which told us her brain fires to her right side so we knew there was no damage on that side, but today......Her left leg and arm has been now responding to pain, All reflex only, Not Leisa doing it BUT her left side has not shown any movements in her left side since the stroke so to me it shows her brain is starting to repair the damage.

The doctor says he needs her to wake up, and I wish people on here knew a Neouro (sp?) surgeon, etc who can tell me if these new things could be or seem like steps to her waking up. I would think if her brain is letting her left side begin to feel pain that it should begin to let her wake up, But no one will tell me anything.

But guys, PLEASE I BEG YOU, keep up the prayers, They are starting to show they are reaching her. I so hope she wakes up from this. The longer she stays in it, the less a chance it is I know.

Nismo
09-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Well today we had a first good day since she has been in there. Today is 1 week tonight she had the stroke.... and today she made a few big changes (Atleast to me, even though the doctor didnt seem to impressed which pissed me off)

Today a CT Scan was done, and her swelling has started to go down in her brain. Because of that they clamped off the tube that has been draining her fluid from her brain and her brain has been doing it like a normal brain since 7am this morning.

Her left leg and arm has been now responding to pain, All reflex only, Not Leisa doing it BUT her left side has not shown any movements in her left side since the stroke so to me it shows her brain is starting to repair the damage.

The doctor says he needs her to wake up, and I wish people on here knew a Neouro (sp?) surgeon, etc who can tell me if these new things could be or seem like steps to her waking up. I would think if her brain is letting her left side begin to feel pain that it should begin to let her wake up, But no one will tell me anything.

But guys, PLEASE I BEG YOU, keep up the prayers, They are starting to show they are reaching her. I so hope she wakes up from this. The longer she stays in it, the less a chance it is I know.

Sounds to me unless that right side starts feeling pain there may not be any more feeling on that side of her body. I unfortunatly only know cardiac surgeons. Srys.

Brett
09-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Her right side has felt pain since she arrived, Her left side is what did not show anything until this morning, so I was saying her LEFT SIDE is now also responding to pain tests (The left side was damaged due to the stroke was on the right side of her brain)

Elbow
09-24-2008, 10:39 PM
That news sounds good to me, anything positive is great to hear. I think of you all many times during the day and always check the updates. We have never met in person or anything, but that does not matter. I know I will continue praying.

blacknightteg
09-24-2008, 10:56 PM
you have my prayers brett, i will continue to think about you guys nonstop

Nismo
09-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Her right side has felt pain since she arrived, Her left side is what did not show anything until this morning, so I was saying her LEFT SIDE is now also responding to pain tests (The left side was damaged due to the stroke was on the right side of her brain)

ah excellent. she will be alright then

Kasper
09-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Im glad to see that she is improveing. Any little thing is always an improvement. I know that she will pull threw this and you'll enjoy many more years of happyness and insperation. I keep you both in my thaughts. and i wait for the message shes awake.

Brett
09-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Her left side seems to be getting stronger, from what her mom told me about 30 minutes ago when they tried to change the IV Needle in her left hand they ended up having to have someone hold her left arm down due to the pain of changing the needle because her left arm was fighting it, and she said Leisa's left arm has some strength in it today. BUT she said we really need Leisa to ATLEAST if she cant wake up yet to start to respond to commands so show her brain is working on that, but she hasnt started doing that yet. But It seems if she can wake up her left side may show signs it could make a recovery which is exciting.

KEEP PRAYING!! NOW START TO PRAY SHE WAKES UP BEFORE MONDAY!! That is the day if she doesnt they will have to do a Trac in her throat because they have to take the breathing tube out of her mouth so it doesnt damage her vocal cords, etc which happens if it stays in to many days.

Sammich
09-25-2008, 01:56 PM
awesome dude...

Brett
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
This morning she went down for a CT scan again, Since her drain tube from her head was clamped 48 hours ago, her brain has been draining on its own like our brain does, so the CT scan was done to confrim what the numbers were showing and the removed it this morning. So her brain now has no tubes. Today at 1:30 they will give insert a tube through her belly that will gi directly into her stomach so they can start giving her higher doses of nutrients/liquid food so it doesnt have to go through a thin tube in her mouth, so I hope this may give her more so it will give her more strength, But I dont know if this one will deliver the same or more nutrients to her.

She still though does not respond to command or wake up.

Shawna
09-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Brett I just left you a vm.....id like to go see leisa if I can.

Brett
09-26-2008, 01:33 PM
You can see her any time just not between 7am-9am and 7pm-9pm but any time before or after is fine. Tonight I will be there till 7pm so I can get some sleep and try and clear my head a bit but then will be back tomorrow at 9am till night time and the same for Sunday so just let me know if you want to come this weekend and I will get you in there to talk to her. She is still in a Coma but I think she hears us when we talk to her.

Shawna
09-26-2008, 01:44 PM
U tell me when and im there I don't care what time it is you know how much she means to me

Brett
09-26-2008, 02:09 PM
I know, she needs to hear your voice. Like I said just call my cell (new number, 678.749.1520) if you want to come tomorrow and just tell me what time and I will make sure you see her :)

Shawna
09-26-2008, 02:20 PM
That's fine ill call you around 9am and head down there around then....if you or Brit need anything in the mean time call me 404 429 5031 im back in caanton so not that far....shell wake up hun bc I can't live without her damnit

chnco
09-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey Brett, I posted up on Supraforums, as there is a member on there that regularly post that has his own medical practice and is extremely knowledgable in the medical field. He knows anything and everything medical related. He's a great guy and a wealth of knowledge. Here's some of the post from Supraforums.

I am sorry to hear this. How the hell did i miss this thread?

There is not much detail there but from the mention of the tube it is safe to say that she had an actual bleed/hemorrhage in the brain. The major problem with bleeds is that the swelling and bleeding causes pressure to the surrounding brain cells and that is where the damage comes.

It is still very early to tell. But if the swelling has gone down to normal she should start to come around. There are many many neurological tests that can be done to tell whether the movements are coming from here or if they are just pure reflexes.

Also MRI and PET scans can be done to look at the brain activity and without getting too nerdy to see if it is still viable. I will definitely keep my prayers with the family. If they have any specific questions, i would be more than glad to put my 2 cents in

Different person

sorry to hear about this. i dont want to give a false sense of hope as the pons is a bad place to infarct, but when i was doing neurosurgery, there was a pt who had a middle cerebral artery thrombosis. it was too late/risky to fibrinolyze or to perform an embolectomy. we gave her a poor prognosis and said that she probably wouldnt regain functionality. when i went in there the next morning, she was sitting up and bitching about her headache...needless to say, the brain can do some amazing things so there is hope... i will pray for her and hope she makes it out.

ash7
09-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I've brought you guys (brett & leisa) up during several prayer sessions at my church

- hang in there -

people do care and are praying for you both daily

-jonathan

Tracy
09-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey Brett, I posted up on Supraforums, as there is a member on there that regularly post that has his own medical practice and is extremely knowledgable in the medical field. He knows anything and everything medical related. He's a great guy and a wealth of knowledge. Here's some of the post from Supraforums.

Different person

Nice.

Shawna
09-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I will say this I know someone that has had a stroke and she came out of and is almost back to normal now. She's going to be ok.

BTLFED
09-26-2008, 07:03 PM
She will come back to you Brett. She is too fiesty not to. She is definitely still in my thoughts, and now I have your NEW number (no wonder I couldnt get a hold of you) I'll give you a holla to make sure you dont need anything this weekend. Stay Strong!

Brett
09-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys!!! I just hope she can/does wake up. The doctor wont say if he thinks she will or not, he just says he doesnt know. The bleed I do know in her pans when she had the stroke was a small bleed and was already stopped by the time she was at the hospital that night when they did the CT Scan. I was so glad this week her left side started reacting to pain (Since the first 6 days only her right side was) so I hope this means as her swelling goes down the rest will fall into place. The reperator is at 10 and her breathing is at 15 (meaning she breathes over what the machine breaths for her) and her pupils react to light in both eyes, Seems like all is getting better but she just doesnt show signs if waking up, Thats what hurts so bad.

PLEASE GUYS!! PRAY HARDER :)

If anyone who knows her (Only people I say who know her personally because they still dont want to many people stimulating her) can come this weekend, Just let me know. I will be there all weekend. They did finally alow the TV in her room to be turned on, they have it on a channel that just plays nature sounds and soothing music.

BTLFED
09-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys!!! I just hope she can/does wake up. The doctor wont say if he thinks she will or not, he just says he doesnt know. The bleed I do know in her pans when she had the stroke was a small bleed and was already stopped by the time she was at the hospital that night when they did the CT Scan. I was so glad this week her left side started reacting to pain (Since the first 6 days only her right side was) so I hope this means as her swelling goes down the rest will fall into place. The reperator is at 10 and her breathing is at 15 (meaning she breathes over what the machine breaths for her) and her pupils react to light in both eyes, Seems like all is getting better but she just doesnt show signs if waking up, Thats what hurts so bad.

PLEASE GUYS!! PRAY HARDER :)

If anyone who knows her (Only people I say who know her personally because they still dont want to many people stimulating her) can come this weekend, Just let me know. I will be there all weekend. They did finally alow the TV in her room to be turned on, they have it on a channel that just plays nature sounds and soothing music.

Do I "know her personally?" :ninja:

Brett
09-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah and I am suprised you havent come to see her yet b*tch ;) When I say personally I mean people she knows, Just till she wakes up. SHE KNOWS YOUR ASS

She can see people from 9am till 7pm daily

BTLFED
09-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah and I am suprised you havent come to see her yet b*tch ;) When I say personally I mean people she knows, Just till she wakes up. SHE KNOWS YOUR ASS

She can see people from 9am till 7pm daily

I absolutely was going to last weekend but I wanted stuff to die down a bit because Paul said EVERYONE was there and me and Mr. Kidd should hold off. I will come this weekend f0 sh0. I get off tomorrow at 5pm. Northside right? Off 285 and Northside drive?

quickdodge®
09-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Northside drive?

285 and Peachtree/Dunwoody. It's the exit, if you're coming from Pleasant Hill, RIGHT BEFORE 400. Later, QD.

BTLFED
09-26-2008, 08:13 PM
285 and Peachtree/Dunwoody. It's the exit, if you're coming from Pleasant Hill, RIGHT BEFORE 400. Later, QD.

You know I live in Marietta homie LOL

What exit is it off of 285 if I'm coming from 75?

quickdodge®
09-26-2008, 08:23 PM
You get off at Johnson Ferry Rd. Later, QD.

BTLFED
09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
You get off at Johnson Ferry Rd. Later, QD.

:thinking:

Are you sure? I don't remember there being a Johnson Ferry Rd exit off 285.

dohc4.6sc
09-26-2008, 08:43 PM
:thinking:

Are you sure? I don't remember there being a Johnson Ferry Rd exit off 285.

Yes, there is a Johnson Ferry Rd exit off 285. When you get off the exit, go to the right, then when you reach the first stoplight, go left and the hospital will be on your right. Hope that helps man.

BTLFED
09-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Yes, there is a Johnson Ferry Rd exit off 285. When you get off the exit, go to the right, then when you reach the first stoplight, go left and the hospital will be on your right. Hope that helps man.

Damn I am shot out. I guess it has been that long since I have been on 285. With gas the way it is I try not to stray away from the house too much LOL!

The Ren
09-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I'd love to stop by but I know there are many people who were close to her that wanna see her first..

Im still praying every day though

Shawna
09-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Leisa looks great btw she's a fighter and you can tell lol

PIprez
09-27-2008, 04:44 PM
my prayers are with ya'll brett, keep the faith man she will pull through.

Brett
09-27-2008, 08:14 PM
No updates today, only new thing I saw her do today was she yawned a few times and thats new, But still she has not tried to wake up. I am so scared guys.... I am so scared she will not wake up or she will not be able to.

Only other thing today was when they were doing the suction on her mouth again (Which you all know by my other updates she always fights them on that) she bit down on the tube and when the nurse tried to pull it from her mouth Leisa wouldnt let go of it, and she had to keep yanking on it hard to, and finally just had to take her hand off it for a second, so Leisa would relax and let go. Granted I know she doesnt do this consciously but is cute to see her do it.

Her left side seems a tad stronger to and she did do full body stretches today where both arms, both legs and her body was stretching real hard.

Killer
09-27-2008, 09:01 PM
she's gonna pull through man.. still praying for both of you....

i've never met either of you guys.. and i'm sure you've got all the help you need... but like i said before man.. i work like 10 min away from northside... if you need somethin.. hit me up.. i'll gladly help man!

Shawna
09-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Brett she's going to be fine....she's strong she's a fighter and she's not going down like this. I am so proud of you...you are handling this better than most. Those of us that know her and are close to her are fighting right along beside her. I will prolly be there around 10ish tomorrow so just let me know if u want me to brng you anything...remember I require 1 meal a day

Echonova
09-27-2008, 10:24 PM
No updates today, only new thing I saw her do today was she yawned a few times and thats new, But still she has not tried to wake up. I am so scared guys.... I am so scared she will not wake up or she will not be able to.

Keep the faith brother. I may be off-base on this, but I thought yawning was an involuntary act designed to bring more oxygen to the brain?
If I'm right (guess I'll go Google in a sec) I would take that as a tremendous step.

Take the small victories, for that is the only way you win a war.

Edit: Guess that hasn't been proven.:(
Yawn

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A yawn (from the Middle English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_English) yanen, an alteration of yonen or yenen, which in turn comes from the Old English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English_language) geonian[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawning#cite_note-0)), is a reflex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex) of simultaneous inhalation of air and stretching of the eardrums, followed by exhalation of breath. Pandiculation is the term for the act of stretching and yawning simultaneously.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawning#cite_note-pandiculate-1)
Yawning is associated with tiredness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiredness), stress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_(psychology)), overwork, lack of stimulation, or boredom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boredom). Yawning can also be a powerful non-verbal message with several possible meanings, depending on the circumstances. In humans, yawning has the infectious quality, i.e. seeing a person yawning, or just thinking of yawning, can trigger yawning which is a typical example of positive feedback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_feedback).[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawning#cite_note-2) The exact causes of yawning are still undetermined. The claim that yawning is caused by lack of oxygen has not been substantiated scientifically.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawning#cite_note-Provine2005-3) Some claim that yawning is not caused by lack of oxygen, for the reason that yawning allegedly reduces oxygen intake compared to normal respiration.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawning#cite_note-Provine2005-3) Another speculated reason for yawning is nervousness and is also claimed to help increase the state of alertness of a person - paratroopers have been noted to yawn in the moments before they exit the aircraft.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawning#cite_note-4)

BTLFED
09-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Keep the faith brother. I may be off-base on this, but I thought yawning was an involuntary act designed to bring more oxygen to the brain?
If I'm right (guess I'll go Google in a sec) I would take that as a tremendous step.

Take the small victories, for that is the only way you win a war.

Damn I was hoping for a victory. KEEP THE FAITH BRETT! She is going to come back!!!!

Shawna
09-27-2008, 10:30 PM
The nurses today said that it wasn't a good or bad thing bc no one really knows what it means...imo im going to take it something she didn't do yesterday and that inprovment to me

sirkus
09-28-2008, 06:39 AM
My prayers are with both of you...

B16a2 Civic
09-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Brett, man I'm so sorry to hear about this, I know I haven't been on in a while and haven't talked to u in a few weeks, but I'm sorry to hear and feel even worse I'm this late to offer my prayers. Well I work at Aflac, and we have a policy that deals with comas, so I'm going to talk to my friend in claims to see if I can get you some helpful info or even refer you to someone in atl or in the area that can help. My prayers are with your family.

Brett
09-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Today the doctor said if she doesnt wake up within 3 months, That is usually the time there is little to no hope.

FasTech
09-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Just keep praying and do not give up hope! I know you have heard that from everyone but I really have been praying every night for her.... I'm just ready to hear the good news Brett, just hang in there man.

Brett
10-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Well guys, yesterday was not a good day for her. She had a 102 Degree fever over night Friday night through most of yesterday, Then her breating started to become a tad eratic so they had to put her on the ventilator again and then her blood pressure bottomed out VERy low.

Leisa's mom had to chew this place out this morning due to have have not bathed her since she was moved Thursday, or done other things to take care of her so when I go down there today, I will see what is going on as well.

But In some ways it seems she made some steps backwards which is not good. Guys, PLEASE I BEG, Pray harder. She is all I have in this world, I can not have a life without her.

SLow_POke
10-05-2008, 09:12 AM
w0w just read the news. might not know u personally. But a tragic situation, we will def have you and leisa in our prayers bro. She seems liek a strong woman and will pull thru keep teh faith homie.

ryanh300
10-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Let's keep this going guys...we need the whole community behind Brett on this one. MARCH ON LEISA!!

Brett
10-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I went to go see her today, gave her lots of kisses on her lips and hands, held her hand and talked for a bit, while her mom was yapping for ever on my cell phone I even put it up to Leisa's ear so she can have to listen to her for a bit...lol

Today she is stable. Blood pressure is fine and they say she has some sort of infection but they dont know from what yet, lab results should be back by tomorrow. Her kidney levels are elevated but they say it could be from her 102 fever yesterday so they are watching that as well.

BTEC
10-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I went to go see her today, gave her lots of kisses on her lips and hands, held her hand and talked for a bit, while her mom was yapping for ever on my cell phone I even put it up to Leisa's ear so she can have to listen to her for a bit...lol

Today she is stable. Blood pressure is fine and they say she has some sort of infection but they dont know from what yet, lab results should be back by tomorrow. Her kidney levels are elevated but they say it could be from her 102 fever yesterday so they are watching that as well.
tha last thing i remember her posting on myspace was bout listening to her mom yapping on the phone. lol!!!

Brett
10-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah she always gets aggrivated when her mom doesnt shut up, so thats why I put the phone to her ear so she can deal with what I am having to listen to also

BTEC
10-05-2008, 04:43 PM
it wouldve been funny if she start swatting at the phone when u put it to her ear. lol!!!!

civicsipilot
10-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Brett, I dont know either of you, But i do know what you are going through. My uncle (hes also my best friend and mentor) Was in a coma for a month and a half 2 years ago. The Dr.s told us to unplug him because there was nothing they could do and that he would never be anything more than a vegitable IF he did wake up. Well we knew he was much more of a fighter than that and did not "pull the plug" he woke up and is the same now as he was before his accident. (it took a few months of therapy but hes back) You are both in my families prayers!

I read a few post back that they have not bathed her. PLEASE for her sake. even if you have to grab an orderly by the throat, Make sure they bath her, and change her sheets at least every 3 days! Because they are retarded and thought he would not make it they neglected to do this for my unlce and he STILL had an open bedsore the size of a softball on his lower back 6 months after being in the hospital. MAKE THEM DO IT. Again, you both are in our prayers and I hope evrything works out for the best!

stephanie
10-06-2008, 06:16 PM
i am going to see what i can donate...and try to do something this week. that is more stress than i could ever imagine.
is there an alternative to paypal?