PDA

View Full Version : Test to vote???

SiRed94
09-18-2008, 02:08 AM
I swear, you should have to be able to pass a test that asks questions about each candidates goals to be able to vote. There are so many fuccking retards that go out and vote for stupid ass reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with politics...

I'm hearing white ppl say they are voting for McCain because black ppl have been planning a take over for years and they are going to take over if Obama gets into office. Seriously... WTF???

And I hear black ppl say they are voting for Obama solely because he is black, or because he's black, therefore he will legalize weed.

I personally do not give a fucck about politics, or who is president. I don't follow their campaigns, or even know their goals. So, I keep my ass out of the polls. I'm just tired of hearing ignorant mother fucckers talking about voting, that know absolutely nothing about either candidate. So, all I'm saying is if you have not assessed every candidates goals, or cannot tell me what each of them stands for... please do not fuccking vote.

Anyone else feel this way? or agree that there should be a small exam given right before you are allowed to enter your vote?

stephen
09-18-2008, 04:30 AM
i agree with you, that there are people who vote for ignorant reasons. nevertheless , voting gives people the right to express themselves for whatever reason. just like there are voters who vote for "the wrong reasons," there are also candidates who run for the wrong reasons and also cheat (look at that bush/kerry florida fiasco). a quiz/test/exam/etc. wouldn't necessarily eliminate the problem. being able to vote is supposed to be a positive thing...but remember, you can never have good without bad. the best thing to do is use your right to vote to VOICE YOUR OPINIONS, and hope that there's enough people who think like you to get what it is that you want.

Total_Blender
09-18-2008, 07:34 AM
A "poll test" would be a direct violation of the Voting Rights act of 1965. As a response to the 15th amendment (which said that people could not be denied voting rights on the basis of race), White lawmakers tried all sorts of things to deny Blacks their right to vote. Literacy tests, requirements of property ownership, poll taxes, etc. The Voting Rights Act of 1965 ensured that the right to vote is protected for all Americans.:goodjob:

It is the right of every American to vote no matter how un-informed or un-scrupulous their vote will be.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_Rights_Act_of_1965

alpine_aw11
09-18-2008, 09:13 AM
As much as I agree, I wouldn't support that because it does violate the right of American citizens, no matter how ignorant and stupid they are, to voice their worthless opinions.

40th GT
09-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I hear you, but there are plenty of other black people who are aware of Obama's political views.

SiRed94
09-18-2008, 10:30 AM
A "poll test" would be a direct violation of the Voting Rights act of 1965. As a response to the 15th amendment (which said that people could not be denied voting rights on the basis of race), White lawmakers tried all sorts of things to deny Blacks their right to vote. Literacy tests, requirements of property ownership, poll taxes, etc. The Voting Rights Act of 1965 ensured that the right to vote is protected for all Americans.:goodjob:

It is the right of every American to vote no matter how un-informed or un-scrupulous their vote will be.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_Rights_Act_of_1965

yeah... I know all about that...thanks

SiRed94
09-18-2008, 10:32 AM
I hear you, but there are plenty of other black people who are aware of Obama's political views.

hahah I wasn't just talking about black ppl...