PDA

View Full Version : problems.

scabtastic
09-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Alright I cant exactly find the answers im looking for so here it is

I have a AE86 and yesterday i started hearing a loud clicking noise coming from the drivers side wheel, i thought it was my fender bouncing because i replaced it, and broke the heads off some bolts so it's not all the way on lol.
Anyways it went away when braking, so i really didnt think anything of it. Today however it started getting worse, and doing it when turning to the left, and continuing to do so when braking. Also i think i mighta head something grinding when going through the drive through...

my question is, does it sound like the wheel bearing?

also if it is should i just go ahead and replace them all?

thanks for you help!

SixSquared
09-17-2008, 10:19 PM
CV joint/bearing for sheezy.

If you have the cash, go ahead and replace em all... old car, wouldn't hurt to replace old/worn out parts. It'll probably handle/ride better for you in the end. :)

scabtastic
09-18-2008, 08:24 AM
oh i forgot to add, when it makes the noise i can feel the clutch pedal pulsate

puregroove
09-18-2008, 09:31 AM
CV joint/bearing for sheezy.

If you have the cash, go ahead and replace em all... old car, wouldn't hurt to replace old/worn out parts. It'll probably handle/ride better for you in the end. :)

Yeah...

Jack up the wheel and spin it, on its own. --could be the wheel bearing. The parts are cheap. Check and see if you have any torn boots.

If it is the wheel bearing and you're hearing that grinding, replace it asap. My car was out of commission for a while since the bearing seized around the spindle.

scabtastic
09-18-2008, 11:06 PM
yeah i just got my truck back thank god, so i can let the rolla sit until i get the parts and what not, might as well do my fluid change along with it.