PDA

View Full Version : In The Week Of The Worst Day On Wallstreet, What Does Obama Do?

Brett
09-16-2008, 08:25 PM
He says how bad things are and how he wants to change it, But what does he do on the week of the worst day on Wallstreet? Has a $29,000 per plate dinner tonight for his campaign in Beverly Hills...... :rolleyes:

JConner
09-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Not to mention that the Democratic controlled congress has passed the fewest bills in 20 years. So much for Democrats bringing change. They decided to go on vacation instead of passing legislation to deal with the energy crisis.

flak_monkey
09-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Do you look at how much McCain's wife's outfits cost? Over 300 thousand dollars.

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Do you look at how much McCain's wife's outfits cost? Over 300 thousand dollars.
Typical Democrat Bull sh*t :goodjob: . LOL instead of going yea umm that is kinda weird you come back with some stupid **** on how much McCain's wife wardrobe is worth. What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I think the Dems are really playing on something from Swordfish here misdirection. "What the eyes see and the ears hear the mind believes"

JConner
09-16-2008, 09:49 PM

WTF does that have to do with the election? It is her money and she can spend it on whatever she wants.

I bet Michelle Obama's outfits aren't from wal-mart either with the kind of money that they have.

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 09:52 PM
WTF does that have to do with the election? It is her money and she can spend it on whatever she wants.

I bet Michelle Obama's outfits aren't from wal-mart either with the kind of money that they have.
Don't bother dude.

I will never understand this line of thinking of if you make $1,000,000 a year then it's ok that the government takes 35% because you still have $650,000 and that you really don't need all that money anyways.

JConner
09-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Don't bother dude.

I will never understand this line of thinking of if you make $1,000,000 a year then it's ok that the government takes 35% because you still have $650,000 and that you really don't need all that money anyways.

Yep, it's because "they can afford it" according to Obama. The person making $1,000,000 a year clearly worked harder than someone making minimum wage. So the person making $1,000,000 a year gets punished for hard work while the minimum wage worker gets rewarded with government assistance.

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Yep, it's because "they can afford it" according to Obama. The person making $1,000,000 a year clearly worked harder than someone making minimum wage. So the person making $1,000,000 a year gets punished for hard work while the minimum wage worker gets rewarded with government assistance.
What you said is not necessarily true. I believe the majority of people in this country work hard no matter how much money they make the way I look at it is that some people simply made better decisions or got an opportunity and ran with it. :2cents:

allmotoronly
09-16-2008, 10:13 PM
What you said is not necessarily true. I believe the majority of people in this country work hard no matter how much money they make the way I look at it is that some people simply made better decisions or got an opportunity and ran with it. :2cents:

true, but why should someone who "made better decisions" get taxed more? It's like reverse punishment.

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 10:27 PM
In all fairness what did McCain do though

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Well here's what he said earlier today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a3QsD0.948uc&refer=home

Jspec5
09-16-2008, 11:00 PM
honestly, who gives a rat's @ss about they're taxes or what the fu*k they're wives wear?! im lookin at who's gonna look out for the middle class. i aint rich and my guess is most of the peeps on IA aint rich either. they need to focus on makin the economy better and not focus on what the fu*k they ate!

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 11:04 PM
im lookin at who's gonna look out for the middle class. i aint rich and my guess is most of the peeps on IA aint rich either. they need to focus on makin the economy better and not focus on what the fu*k they ate!
:doh: Contradictary post alert

BanginJimmy
09-16-2008, 11:04 PM

people that make money work smarter, not just harder. Most people that make good money also started working earlier, as in working on their school work, getting good grades, going to college and getting a good job. The one making minimum wage probably spent most of his time in school worrying about being cool instead of his grades.

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 11:08 PM
people that make money work smarter, not just harder. Most people that make good money also started working earlier, as in working on their school work, getting good grades, going to college and getting a good job. The one making minimum wage probably spent most of his time in school worrying about being cool instead of his grades.
Which is exactly what I meant by better choices :goodjob:

bafbrian
09-16-2008, 11:09 PM
He says how bad things are and how he wants to change it, But what does he do on the week of the worst day on Wallstreet? Has a $29,000 per plate dinner tonight for his campaign in Beverly Hills...... :rolleyes:

So...he is guilty for having a preplanned fundraiser dinner. Both are having fundraisers, what does it matter when they do it? The financial market has been in the news for months and even during the nomination process, all the candidates were raising money and no one, I didn't see any IA threads, complained. So, what is the difference between the nomination fundraising and the financial crisis and now?

Is there a problem with either candidate raising money for their campaign? Has that become immoral?

bigdare23
09-16-2008, 11:12 PM
What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

What the hell does the price of Obama's meal have to do with running the country? Obama's meal is as relevant as Mrs. McCain's dress.

bigdare23
09-16-2008, 11:14 PM
:doh: Contradictary post alert

please explain how :goodjob:

bafbrian
09-16-2008, 11:15 PM
What the hell does the price of Obama's meal have to do with running the country? Obama's meal is as relevant as Mrs. McCain's dress.

So...what is the looming national importance of either?

These are the types of "political issues" that are quite frankly ruining this election's politics. These "kiddie" issues are irrelevant and small. Gotta look at the big picture.

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 11:19 PM
please explain how :goodjob:
This is the best way I know to sum it up. Who is most likely to give you a job, a rich man or a poor man? Now what happens if you take all that rich man's money away? You don't have a job.

bigdare23
09-16-2008, 11:19 PM

These are the types of "political issues" that are quite frankly ruining this election's politics. These "kiddie" issues are irrelevant and small. Gotta look at the big picture.

Dont forget that it's one sided. When your bring up the "kiddie" issues such as Palin having a pregnant teenage daughter, the "kiddie" issues aren't relevant then. :rolleyes:

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 11:20 PM

And it's all fueled by who?

HINT:They are in your TV :goodjob:

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Dont forget that it's one sided. When your bring up the "kiddie" issues such as Palin having a pregnant teenage daughter, the "kiddie" issues aren't relevant then. :rolleyes:
:doh: Again I challenge anyone to show how Palin's daughter has any effect on her ability to do her job. If anything it just shows that she is working more and parenting less which is fine by me. Like I have said before and I'll say it again because it's something I live by when it comes to. You go to work to get **** done and get paid for it. You DON'T get paid to bring your personal issues to work and let it bring down your performance level because in the end it costs boss money.

bigdare23
09-16-2008, 11:25 PM
This is the best way I know to sum it up. Who is most likely to give you a job, a rich man or a poor man? Now what happens if you take all that rich man's money away? You don't have a job.

Damn, those are some generous rich men. Majority of them I see are all about PROFIT, cutting jobs by replacing workers with machines or exporting work outside of the US so they pay lil Asian kids pennies on the dollar. We must not be talking about the same group of people.

Seriously, rich people are only out for themselves (with some exceptions).

bigdare23
09-16-2008, 11:27 PM
:doh: Again I challenge anyone to show how Palin's daughter has any effect on her ability to do her job. If anything it just shows that she is working more and parenting less which is fine by me. Like I have said before and I'll say it again because it's something I live by when it comes to. You go to work to get **** done and get paid for it. You DON'T get paid to bring your personal issues to work and let it bring down your performance level because in the end it costs boss money.

:doh: I challenge anyone to show how Obama's meal has any effect on his ability to do his job. :lmfao:

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 11:29 PM
:doh: I challenge anyone to show how Obama's meal has any effect on his ability to do his job. :lmfao:
:thinking: I agreed with you on the hillarity of the ignorance of that post. way to dodge mine though :rolleyes:

bafbrian
09-16-2008, 11:29 PM

I don't recall a post where I said that. If you can show me, then I will concede. In my post, I didn't pick a side. I was speaking with regard to both sides. When I did post about my political allegiance, I consider myself a moderate because both parties do have valid claims on the issues of importance.

But, I will repeat my statement above, if you can show me a post where I advocated a side, please show me. Otherwise, don't assume I am supporting a particular candidate.

We need to get back to issues of importance: the economy, employment, education, foreign policy, and other NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL ISSUES.

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Damn, those are some generous rich men. Majority of them I see are all about PROFIT, cutting jobs by replacing workers with machines or exporting work outside of the US so they pay lil Asian kids pennies on the dollar. We must not be talking about the same group of people.

Seriously, rich people are only out for themselves (with some exceptions).
When you're talking about BIG corporate America you;re right but why is that? Unions maybe? And those are supported by who? And they in turn vote primarily for?

When you're talking about small business america it's a different story.

bigdare23
09-16-2008, 11:31 PM
I don't recall a post where I said that. If you can show me, then I will concede. In my post, I didn't pick a side. I was speaking with regard to both sides. When I did post about my political allegiance, I consider myself a moderate because both parties do have valid claims on the issues of importance.

But, I will repeat my statement above, if you can show me a post where I advocated a side, please show me. Otherwise, don't assume I supporting a particular candidate.

We need to get back to issues of importance: the economy, employment, education, foreign policy, and other NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL ISSUES.

:???:

It wasn't directed to you. I was just adding to your statement.

:headslap:

bafbrian
09-16-2008, 11:35 PM
And it's all fueled by who?

HINT:They are in your TV :goodjob:

They are fueled by the candidates and biased media, depending on which station you pick, because the small, "kiddie" issues attract quick, short-lived attention.

Anytime one of these issues makes the news, those issues of importance take a back seat. When people found out Obama was raised in a country dominated by Islam, most were "up in arms" because he was deemed a Muslim.

When people found out about McCain's multiple houses, most were "up in arms" because he was seen not caring about the middle class because he was unaffected by the current crisis.

All the while, the issues of importance took a backseat, while short-lived as stated above, while these "kiddie" issues were leading news. Just like this whole fundraiser deal with Obama and the financial crisis, how do people expect these candidates to run a campaign with no money, on "hopes and dreams"?

bafbrian
09-16-2008, 11:38 PM
:???:

It wasn't directed to you. I was just adding to your statement.

:headslap:

The way in which the post is phrased could imply political allegiance with the Palin pregnant daughter "issue".

If that is the case, then I do agree with you post from earlier.

blaknoize
09-16-2008, 11:38 PM
What does that have to do with his ability to run the country? Fund raising dinners? This post is as bad as the media when it comes to things that are not even related to issues in the real world.

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 11:42 PM
What does that have to do with his ability to run the country? Fund raising dinners? This post is as bad as the media when it comes to things that are not even related to issues in the real world.
Yup but eh what do you expect this country is full of sheep.

Vteckidd
09-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Ehhh fundraisers are fundraisers. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

ANyone watch Huckabee an Hannity tonight? pretty much PWNED OBama.

bigdare23
09-16-2008, 11:44 PM

x2

Seriously, I know people have support for their candidates, but making something out of nothing is :gay: .

bafbrian
09-16-2008, 11:48 PM
x2

Seriously, I know people have support for their candidates, but making something out of nothing is :gay: .

When you see "issues" such as these in the media, particularly prevalence on certain outlets, you can clearly see were the biases are. At the same, when these issues are focused upon, those "die-hard" supporters cling to this issues as reasons to discredit the opposition.

The real questions regard these "issues": Why do I care? Of what importance is this?

In the end, these "issues" are meaningless. I say so, "so what, big whoop, who cares?"

Brett
09-17-2008, 06:12 AM
So...he is guilty for having a preplanned fundraiser dinner. Both are having fundraisers, what does it matter when they do it? The financial market has been in the news for months and even during the nomination process, all the candidates were raising money and no one, I didn't see any IA threads, complained. So, what is the difference between the nomination fundraising and the financial crisis and now?

Is there a problem with either candidate raising money for their campaign? Has that become immoral?

To me Democrat or Republican, in these times when they know the economy sucks, and they are basing thier campaigns on it, Having a $29,000 per plate funraiser for a campaign just goes against what they preach to me.

**For the record, I dont agree with either side having $29,000 per plate fund raisers for thier campaign, when they are both as concerened for the economy as they claim, this to me just says they care but then says pay be $30 grand for a plate of food so I can spend it to advertise on TV :no:

Echonova
09-17-2008, 06:56 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/barack.jpg

4dmin
09-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Typical Democrat Bull sh*t :goodjob: . LOL instead of going yea umm that is kinda weird you come back with some stupid **** on how much McCain's wife wardrobe is worth. What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I think the Dems are really playing on something from Swordfish here misdirection. "What the eyes see and the ears hear the mind believes"

bahhhhhhhhh talk about double edged sword... :lmfao:

bafbrian
09-17-2008, 08:17 PM
To me Democrat or Republican, in these times when they know the economy sucks, and they are basing thier campaigns on it, Having a $29,000 per plate funraiser for a campaign just goes against what they preach to me.

**For the record, I dont agree with either side having $29,000 per plate fund raisers for thier campaign, when they are both as concerened for the economy as they claim, this to me just says they care but then says pay be $30 grand for a plate of food so I can spend it to advertise on TV :no:

If that is the case, that point should have been made in you original post instead of complaining about Obama. Not trying to say you are wrong, but starting off with an unbiased starting post makes for a better discussion.

Total_Blender
09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
For 29 grand I hope he's serving A-5 Kobe Ribeyes (JDM, if you will) with a copy of the cow's birth certificate bound in a folder made from its hide.

http://www.tangmeister.com/cut/Kobe_Display.jpg

Followed by some Macallan Rare Vintage:

http://www.wackyarchives.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/015_food.jpg

:goodjob:

flak_monkey
09-18-2008, 06:11 PM

I think the Dems are really playing on something from Swordfish here misdirection. "What the eyes see and the ears hear the mind believes" It's relevant. They are talking about how expensive Obama's dinners are, and I'm talking about how expensive that cvnt's dresses are. You've ruined this with your pointless war and breaks for the criminally wealthy while the lower middle class is continually stressed.

Take the tea in china and shove it in your tight laced, republican *******.

for the record, I'm not a democrat. I'm a liberal.

blaknoize
09-18-2008, 06:15 PM
^^^^ooooooo sssssshhhhhh!!!!!ttttt

AlanŽ
09-18-2008, 06:20 PM
It's relevant. They are talking about how expensive Obama's dinners are, and I'm talking about how expensive that cvnt's dresses are. You've ruined this with your pointless war and breaks for the criminally wealthy while the lower middle class is continually stressed.

Take the tea in china and shove it in your tight laced, republican *******.

for the record, I'm not a democrat. I'm a liberal.
I didn't know it was a crime to make money.Last I checked in a Capitalistic society you were ENCOURAGED to make money NOT PUBLISHED. And since our economy is in the tubes because for the most part PEOPLE AREN'T MAKING MONEY.Banks are closing, the government is having to bail these companies out because they didn't do their job in the first place yet you want to tax them more than they already are being taxed? That makes so much fuccing sense. They should let you be President.

And I could careless if you're republican,democrat,liberal, or conservative. You have single handedly proved that stupidity has no party limits. :goodjob:

flak_monkey
09-18-2008, 06:34 PM
You have single handedly proved that stupidity has no party limits. :goodjob:

You've proven that it's ****ING CONTAGIOUS. Must have come from spending extended periods of time with lapsed religious nutjobs and die hard republicans.

AlanŽ
09-18-2008, 06:44 PM
You've proven that it's ****ING CONTAGIOUS. Must have come from spending extended periods of time with lapsed religious nutjobs and die hard republicans.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I can't remember the last time I set foot in a church and the only person that I know that is even remotely republican is my dad but he is a libertarian. Try again.

flak_monkey
09-18-2008, 06:49 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I can't remember the last time I set foot in a church and the only person that I know that is even remotely republican is my dad but he is a libertarian. Try again. Actually, I was taking a shot at myself and talking about the people that I am forced to spend time with every day. You know, if you can point out that you think that I'm stupid because I have a different opinion, why should I not be able to make fun of myself?