PDA

View Full Version : Misc Animals

Hulud
09-01-2005, 09:17 PM
so do animals go to heaven cause they might not have the capability to believe in 'god'? (in reference to christianity)

C22H19N3O4
09-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Well, God spelled backwards is Dog......so.... :D

Hulud
09-01-2005, 10:02 PM
hahaha but i heard somewhere (dont know if its true) that animals dont go to 'heaven' because they have no soul or some shit

technoteg97
09-01-2005, 10:05 PM
isint there a film related to dogs in heaven or something..lol

EX-Svic
09-02-2005, 12:05 AM
lol there is 2 films 1 and 2 lol

Killer
09-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Actually you're right.... animals do not have a soul. there fore they can't make it into heaven. an animals role in life is basically to keep this world going.... Like all animals have a purpose to fulfill. as do insects... and so on and so forth. God put everything on this earth to do a job....

BTEC
09-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Actually you're right.... animals do not have a soul. there fore they can't make it into heaven. an animals role in life is basically to keep this world going.... Like all animals have a purpose to fulfill. as do insects... and so on and so forth. God put everything on this earth to do a job....
so my dog is ging to hell??!!

Killer
09-02-2005, 09:16 AM
no.... it's not going anywhere... if it doesn't have a soul to carry on after death it's not gonna go to heaven or hell... (sorry i should have explained better)

AtifSajid
09-02-2005, 11:08 AM

You are right. Most animals, not all were just put on earth for food.

Killer
09-02-2005, 11:16 AM
yeah.... isn't so weird that everything in this earth has a purpose.... this world is so organized and so well planned...

Wedge
09-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Psalm 84:11
"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly." NAS

So God doesn't deny anything good from us. My cat is a good thing. It also says there will be no tears in heaven, and I will certainly cry if he is not there.

ISAtlanta300
09-02-2005, 02:20 PM
That is not the "good thing" that is meant. A million dollars is also a "good thing" to you now.. maybe so is your beloved car.... :)

Killer
09-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Psalm 84:11
"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly." NAS

So God doesn't deny anything good from us. My cat is a good thing. It also says there will be no tears in heaven, and I will certainly cry if he is not there.

no you won't.... you'll not even have a thought of something or someone that is not in heaven...

Wedge
09-02-2005, 03:17 PM
no you won't.... you'll not even have a thought of something or someone that is not in heaven...

I know. I know. But it makes me feel better right now.

Hulud
09-02-2005, 04:51 PM

this is another reason i dont believe in christianity

Killer
09-06-2005, 08:57 AM
this is another reason i dont believe in christianity

well that's weird cause when u look at it that way.... it makes sense... think about how organized this world is... that doesn't just happen....

4dmin
09-06-2005, 10:05 AM
no.... it's not going anywhere... if it doesn't have a soul to carry on after death it's not gonna go to heaven or hell... (sorry i should have explained better)

ok since animals don't have souls, what is your definition of a soul??? how can you say you have a soul and an animal doesn't??? many christians bury their animals, what do you do?

soul http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dsoul) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (shttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/omacr.gifl)
n.

The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity.
don't animals have thought, action, & emotion??? i know mine do.

Killer
09-06-2005, 10:12 AM
animals were created to server humans, and to do their jobs on this earth. and that's it.... humans were created to worship God, (same as angels) the only difference in humans and angels is the fact that we have a choice. The only way still to make it to heaven is to worship God.... Have you ever seen a dog lift up it's paws and praise the Lord. Animals don't have thought... They have instinct.

Pedal
09-06-2005, 10:45 AM
animals dont have thought...................have you ever owned or spent any time with an animal.....i tell you my dogs are not smart by any means but those fucks sure as hell do have the ability to think

Pedal
09-06-2005, 10:48 AM
well that's weird cause when u look at it that way.... it makes sense... think about how organized this world is... that doesn't just happen....

and if it doent just happen than how does one explain the ability of frongs to change sex in a single sex invironment. (similar to what is talked about in the DNA fillers of Durassic Park moves) do minimal research and you will find that there are infact frogs that can do this

Killer
09-06-2005, 11:06 AM
and if it doent just happen than how does one explain the ability of frongs to change sex in a single sex invironment. (similar to what is talked about in the DNA fillers of Durassic Park moves) do minimal research and you will find that there are infact frogs that can do this

...... you have no point there... it just added to my point... that seems pretty organized to me... like something gave the frogs the ability to do so... they don't just go... "eh i want to have a gina today instead of a penis!" and i've had plenty of pets... and i understand what ur saying, but they don't have thoughts like human thoughts.

Pedal
09-06-2005, 11:17 AM
ok if my point furthers your that is fine....but how do you know that they dont have thought like you and i...and i woould say that at least 100 times pre day my dogs reaches into the air...do i know if they are worshiping god or worshiping me or just happy to see me. sure we assume it is that latter of all the example but do we know.....the answer is NO b/c we are unable to communicate with them......

Killer
09-06-2005, 12:49 PM
If dogs, or any other animal for that matter, could think like human beings and have logic and true emotion they would be a lot more complex than just "bark" "meow".... there would be a lot more to the animal itself.

4dmin
09-06-2005, 02:32 PM
If dogs, or any other animal for that matter, could think like human beings and have logic and true emotion they would be a lot more complex than just "bark" "meow".... there would be a lot more to the animal itself.

well animals problem solve and show emotion... my dog is a fucking genius if he could speak english he'd tell you that your full of shit and he'd kick your ass :lmfao:

http://www.importatlanta.com/ia/paul/romulus.jpg

ISAtlanta300
09-06-2005, 03:43 PM
well animals problem solve and show emotion... my dog is a fucking genius if he could speak english he'd tell you that your full of shit and he'd kick your ass :lmfao:

http://www.importatlanta.com/ia/paul/romulus.jpg

LOL please do not confuse "TRAINING" an animal with INTELLIGENCE !!! Even "roaches" can be trained. Does that mean they have logic? Or thought?

You can teach a parrot to "talk". That does not mean that it knows what it is saying.

You can teach a "chimp" to react to numbers and figures.. but he just ain't going to do it by itself.

etc etc etc......

Killer
09-06-2005, 03:52 PM

If your so set on there not being a God... Why do you care if your dog's gonna go to heaven or hell/has a soul? On another note... your all about proof. prove to me your dog thinks logically instead of just having instinct. show me a wild dog, not a trained dog, that does more than it has to to survive in the wild(since that's what u mean by problem solving)... show me all the inventions they've made... animals are trained to do things, have you ever seen an animal just decide one day to play an instrument... no... not unless it was trained to do so....

4dmin
09-06-2005, 05:36 PM
If your so set on there not being a God... Why do you care if your dog's gonna go to heaven or hell/has a soul? On another note... your all about proof. prove to me your dog thinks logically instead of just having instinct. show me a wild dog, not a trained dog, that does more than it has to to survive in the wild(since that's what u mean by problem solving)... show me all the inventions they've made... animals are trained to do things, have you ever seen an animal just decide one day to play an instrument... no... not unless it was trained to do so....

dude it was a joke about my dog, but if humans have a soul then so do animals... and animals don't have to be taught anything they evolve just like humans do, they can problem solve just as well. i have a dog that knows how to open my front glass door by herself. i never taught her shit, but since she can see me and other walk through the same door so easily she learned how to do it.

furthermore you are nothing but an animal... if i stuck you in the jungle you wouldn't last 24 hours, so who is more evolved animals or humans????

Hulud
09-06-2005, 09:32 PM
THATS WHAT I HATE ABOT CHRISTIANITY

EVERYONE THINKING THAT HUMANS ARE THE GREATEST THING EVER AND EVERYTHIGN REVOLVES AROUND US.

WELL THAT SHIT DOESNT HAPPEN LOOK AT THE UNIVERSE DOES IT STILL REVOLVE AROUDN THE EARTH LIKE ORIGINALLY THOUGHT?

Jaimecbr900
09-06-2005, 10:04 PM
THATS WHAT I HATE ABOT CHRISTIANITY

EVERYONE THINKING THAT HUMANS ARE THE GREATEST THING EVER AND EVERYTHIGN REVOLVES AROUND US.

WELL THAT SHIT DOESNT HAPPEN LOOK AT THE UNIVERSE DOES IT STILL REVOLVE AROUDN THE EARTH LIKE ORIGINALLY THOUGHT?

What I don't like is people who think CHRISTianity is about people. :jerkit:

You haven't added anything remotely intelligent to any of these conversations. You are simply, "I hate this...", and "I hate that..."and lame joke here about God and lame joke about that God.

We are trying to have an intelligent discussion among adults w/o making it personal. IF you have nothing intelligent to add, go back to lurking instead of spouting hate.

BTW, what SHOULD we revolve around??? YOU???? :rolleyes: And the Earth is not flat either.....and there arent' dragons waiting to eat ships at the edge either....what's the point???? You are all about HATING people. Who DO you like anyway????

Hulud
09-06-2005, 10:07 PM
What I don't like is people who think CHRISTianity is about people.

what SHOULD we revolve around??? YOU???? :rolleyes: And the Earth is not flat either.....and there arent' dragons waiting to eat ships at the edge either....what's the point???? You are all about HATING people. Who DO you like anyway????
then tell me how christianity doesn not revolve around people and their belief in god?

and i never said what WE should revolve around now did i?

who did i say i hate? find it for me and ill give you an explanation

Jaimecbr900
09-06-2005, 10:11 PM
BTW, I'm an animal lover, but animals were DOMESTICATED. No animal was ever born domesticated, until we intervened. So the intelligence or lack thereof in animals was taught to them by US.

If we'd never domesticated any animals, they'd stayed as originally intended and that was to serve us at whatever level they could.

Hulud
09-06-2005, 10:16 PM
nah i think its more af an adaptation issue that humans have adapted more and so we may be superior but we would be no where without animals. but i will never feel that animals are on earth to serve us

Jaimecbr900
09-06-2005, 10:30 PM
nah i think its more af an adaptation issue that humans have adapted more and so we may be superior but we would be no where without animals. but i will never feel that animals are on earth to serve us

That's your perrogative.

What do you think animals were put here for then?

Hulud
09-06-2005, 10:32 PM
i dont think they were put here for anything more than we are here for.

just live our lives

Jaimecbr900
09-06-2005, 10:46 PM

just live our lives

You need to speak English or Spanish because that's the only languages I understand throughly.

You said absolutely nothing there.

Hulud
09-06-2005, 10:58 PM
You need to speak English or Spanish because that's the only languages I understand throughly.

You said absolutely nothing there.
sorry i forgot one word. my last post was all in reference to thsi question you asked, "What do you think animals were put here for then?"

just to live our lives

Pedal
09-07-2005, 07:24 AM
he is saying that animals and humans were put here for the same reasion and that reason is simply to live life...........that is what i got out of it

4dmin
09-07-2005, 08:41 AM
BTW, I'm an animal lover, but animals were DOMESTICATED. No animal was ever born domesticated, until we intervened. So the intelligence or lack thereof in animals was taught to them by US.

If we'd never domesticated any animals, they'd stayed as originally intended and that was to serve us at whatever level they could.
all animals are domesticated, just as humans are... why do you think animal hunt in packs and live in heards, is that not domesticated behavior? i believe it is. Just as you or I... your parents domesticated you, w/o them you would be wild just like an animal. I you put a child in a room to grow up in w/o any contact what do you think the child will be??? he will be an animal, he will know nothing more than animal instinct, b/c that is what he can learn.

i think you people need to rethink what you have learned b/c animals serve a far greater purpose than you can image. its amazing that, heard of animals can live off the jungle/forest alone, but you or I wouldn't last 24hrs w/ all of the knowledge we have.

Killer
09-07-2005, 08:52 AM
^^^ how do u figure you or i would only last 24 hours... have u not heard of single soldiers being lost or hiding for days, weeks, months, even years.... do you know how they did it... they let animals server there purpose.... THEY ATE THEM!!!! if animals don't have a purpose then how do u explain what they do.... why are some birds scavangers and why are some predators???? why can't they just go get a job and buy something from mcdonalds???

and you also only furthered the point when u said your dog could open a door.... you said it WATCHED YOU and LEARNED..... the dog didn't come up with they way to open it on it's own.

4dmin
09-07-2005, 09:41 AM
^^^ how do u figure you or i would only last 24 hours... have u not heard of single soldiers being lost or hiding for days, weeks, months, even years.... do you know how they did it... they let animals server there purpose.... THEY ATE THEM!!!! if animals don't have a purpose then how do u explain what they do.... why are some birds scavangers and why are some predators???? why can't they just go get a job and buy something from mcdonalds???

and you also only furthered the point when u said your dog could open a door.... you said it WATCHED YOU and LEARNED..... the dog didn't come up with they way to open it on it's own.

ok genius, how would you last in the wild w/ nothing bare naked w/ nothing but your bare hands... i know you wouldn't last 24hours in wild, not your back yard forest the wild where animals roam.

also you are just the same you had to learn everything you know, you didn't just figure it out, and learning is figuring it out anyway :rolleyes:

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2005, 09:55 AM
all animals are domesticated, just as humans are... why do you think animal hunt in packs and live in heards, is that not domesticated behavior? i believe it is. Just as you or I... your parents domesticated you, w/o them you would be wild just like an animal. I you put a child in a room to grow up in w/o any contact what do you think the child will be??? he will be an animal, he will know nothing more than animal instinct, b/c that is what he can learn.

i think you people need to rethink what you have learned b/c animals serve a far greater purpose than you can image. its amazing that, heard of animals can live off the jungle/forest alone, but you or I wouldn't last 24hrs w/ all of the knowledge we have.

That's the old Nature vs Nurture debate but only referencing animals.

If animals were put here for a "higher purpose" than to serve us as either food, to help work, or companionship, then why aren't you a vegeterian???? Wouldn't everyone BE vegeterian then? If you truly believe that, then why eat a burger or hot dog? ;)

Animals survive in the wild better than we do simply because that's their instinct. You put a Gorilla in the middle of Manhattan and he'd survive as long as you would in HIS environment w/o prior training. Point? It doesn't make him SMART to do what he has been programmed and taught to do. It merely makes him a survivor technically. Take him out of his environment and what happens? If not taught or taken care of by a HUMAN, he'd perish just as any other thing taken out of their natural environment. Humans are the only species able to adapt fast enough to prolong the inevitable and sometimes even adapt completely.

If I take your poodle and put it in the Jungles of Brazil, it will die just as fast if not faster than you would. It's not used to fending for itself and other animals may come along and eat it. You on the other hand could atleast forage for food, make shelter, and depending on training could survive for an indefinite amount of time. Animals hunt in packs and stand in herds merely out of instinct and survival. Majority of the time they are preprogrammed that way just like a computer. Some animals also NEVER hunt in packs and NEVER stand together in herds. Does that mean they are less of an animal for it? No. Just programmed different.

BTW, just FYI.....I will check for sure, but it is my understanding that the bible says something to the effect of "IF you've never been given a choice to believe in God (i.e. babies, animals, far off tribes, etc) that you will not be condemned". Again, don't quote me, but I've heard that before somewhere. I will look it up to give the exact verbage. This is where the Catholic church gets the idea of "Purgatory", a place that is neither Heaven nor Hell. I will check tonight when I go to church, so noone start a flaming war about this just yet. ;)

Killer
09-07-2005, 09:57 AM
i could do plenty of things to survive... you'd have to be the biggest idiot ever to not las 24 hours. humans have logic and can figure things out on there own.... i can put a puzzle together cause i can logically think... i can take notice to the shapes... so on and so forth... i've never seen a dog go buy a puzzle and figure it out.

and Jamie... that's just a belief about the "if your not able to understand"..... No one really know's... i've asked plenty of pastors/preachers and all say it is not in the Bible... the belief your speaking of is called "The age of accountability".

Hulud
09-07-2005, 10:24 AM
If animals were put here for a "higher purpose" than to serve us as either food, to help work, or companionship, then why aren't you a vegeterian???? Wouldn't everyone BE vegeterian then? If you truly believe that, then why eat a burger or hot dog? ;)
why arent all animals vegetarian? its the circle of life. just because we feel that animals are not here for us doesnt mean we shouldnt eat them. other lions (and other animals) eat smaller animals all the time, the smaller animals were not put here just for food, imo

BTW, just FYI.....I will check for sure, but it is my understanding that the bible says something to the effect of "IF you've never been given a choice to believe in God (i.e. babies, animals, far off tribes, etc) that you will not be condemned". Again, don't quote me, but I've heard that before somewhere. I will look it up to give the exact verbage. This is where the Catholic church gets the idea of "Purgatory", a place that is neither Heaven nor Hell. I will check tonight when I go to church, so noone start a flaming war about this just yet. ;)
find that cause i havent heard that before and i would like to be informed. sounds good

Pedal
09-07-2005, 10:26 AM
you can put a puzzle together b/c you were tought how to recognize shapes as shapes and so on and so forth

Killer
09-07-2005, 10:47 AM
well teach your dog and u'll have me convinced.....

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2005, 10:49 AM
why arent all animals vegetarian? its the circle of life. just because we feel that animals are not here for us doesnt mean we shouldnt eat them. other lions (and other animals) eat smaller animals all the time, the smaller animals were not put here just for food, imo

You're not making sense. In one sentence you say you believe animals are NOT here for us, yet in the next you say we can eat them. Is "eating" an animal NOT using them for yourself? Would that not be one way in which they serve us?

You're right, animals do serve a variety of purposes. I've been saying that all along. You were saying there sole purpose was merely to "live" like we do. I don't agree with that because if it were WE as humans with brains would then certainly NOT EAT them. That's like practicing Cannibalism. Do you agree with Cannibalism then? Why not? It's no different than what you perceive people do now.

4dmin
09-07-2005, 12:25 PM
That's the old Nature vs Nurture debate but only referencing animals.

Animals survive in the wild better than we do simply because that's their instinct. You put a Gorilla in the middle of Manhattan and he'd survive as long as you would in HIS environment w/o prior training. Point? It doesn't make him SMART to do what he has been programmed and taught to do. It merely makes him a survivor technically. Take him out of his environment and what happens? If not taught or taken care of by a HUMAN, he'd perish just as any other thing taken out of their natural environment. Humans are the only species able to adapt fast enough to prolong the inevitable and sometimes even adapt completely.

If I take your poodle and put it in the Jungles of Brazil, it will die just as fast if not faster than you would. It's not used to fending for itself and other animals may come along and eat it. You on the other hand could atleast forage for food, make shelter, and depending on training could survive for an indefinite amount of time. Animals hunt in packs and stand in herds merely out of instinct and survival. Majority of the time they are preprogrammed that way just like a computer. Some animals also NEVER hunt in packs and NEVER stand together in herds. Does that mean they are less of an animal for it? No. Just programmed different.

Why do you have to be a vegitarian (and the word you were actually looking for is vegan) if you think animal have a higher purpose??? Animals eat other animals, we are nothing but animals, so why shouldn't we??? Its called survival of the fittest.

Just as you stated we couldn't survive in thier domain as they in ours, so what makes us any different. And if in the bible as you say "if not given the choice" then how can babies go to heaven and not animals??? :goodjob:

4dmin
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
i could do plenty of things to survive... you'd have to be the biggest idiot ever to not las 24 hours. humans have logic and can figure things out on there own.... i can put a puzzle together cause i can logically think... i can take notice to the shapes... so on and so forth... i've never seen a dog go buy a puzzle and figure it out.

really you want to wager some money and your life on this??? i don't think you could survive 24 hours in the jungle/desert... lol, i would like to see how you would w/o any clothes, or any object for that matter; just this ego you have that thinks you are higher being. Even w/ you being "so logical" have you ever tried to make fire w/o matches, or hunt w/o a gun?

Animmals work puzzle just as you or i and they can recognize shapes... animals are like children, most life expectancy isn't as long as ours and their brains don't have the development capability ours do. its almost like a retard child or a todler. A dog knows what food is just like a todler; they must be trained to know where to shit. :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Why do you have to be a vegitarian (and the word you were actually looking for is vegan) if you think animal have a higher purpose??? Animals eat other animals, we are nothing but animals, so why shouldn't we??? Its called survival of the fittest.

Because if you believe that animals are not here to serve us in some capacity, food included, then you feel they are here for a "higher purpose". What's that "higher purpose", I don't know. But if you honestly feel that way, then it would stand to reason that you would NOT eat them since the act of EATING something can certainly be seen as the food SERVING for us. It's stretching, but you get the point I'm trying to make.

Just as you stated we couldn't survive in thier domain as they in ours, so what makes us any different.

In the bible it clearly states in Genesis that:

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

It goes on to say:

3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

So to ME there are clear indications of what God intended. Again, that is only IF you believe the bible. IF you don't, then I guess you don't.

4dmin
09-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Because if you believe that animals are not here to serve us in some capacity, food included, then you feel they are here for a "higher purpose". What's that "higher purpose", I don't know. But if you honestly feel that way, then it would stand to reason that you would NOT eat them since the act of EATING something can certainly be seen as the food SERVING for us. It's stretching, but you get the point I'm trying to make.

In the bible it clearly states in Genesis that:

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

It goes on to say:

3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

So to ME there are clear indications of what God intended. Again, that is only IF you believe the bible. IF you don't, then I guess you don't.

it is still kill or be killed... personally you say humans are supposed to serve a higher purpose than animals, but i would own a slave and many of you too would, which is nothing more than an animal. you have to be realistic about this... as you said earlier you couldn't survive in their domain they can't survive in yours, so how are you better than an animal? We are the same just smarter.

You can't take the bible word for word anyway cause in this cause "anything that lives and moves" that would mean humans as well? ;)

Killer
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
really you want to wager some money and your life on this??? i don't think you could survive 24 hours in the jungle/desert... lol, i would like to see how you would w/o any clothes, or any object for that matter; just this ego you have that thinks you are higher being. Even w/ you being "so logical" have you ever tried to make fire w/o matches, or hunt w/o a gun?

Animmals work puzzle just as you or i and they can recognize shapes... animals are like children, most life expectancy isn't as long as ours and their brains don't have the development capability ours do. its almost like a retard child or a todler. A dog knows what food is just like a todler; they must be trained to know where to shit. :goodjob:

if i didn't have a job... i'd take you up on the jungle... the desert ef no!!! have you seen the sun in the desert.. with no clothes my a would be burnt in the first five seconds!!!

but until animals start inventing things or come up with a way to translate our languages, or anything else a human can do for that matter... they are here to either serve as food our carry out a duty that makes this earth work. Not to just live or to worship God.

ISAtlanta300
09-07-2005, 02:30 PM
it is still kill or be killed... personally you say humans are supposed to serve a higher purpose than animals, but i would own a slave and many of you too would, which is nothing more than an animal. you have to be realistic about this... as you said earlier you couldn't survive in their domain they can't survive in yours, so how are you better than an animal? We are the same just smarter.

You can't take the bible word for word anyway cause in this cause "anything that lives and moves" that would mean humans as well? ;)

I don't get the "slave" part... My dog does not clean my house or cook my breakfast or work in my yard so I lost you there.....

Someone said something about babies and dogs being "taught" what food is and where to shit.. Thank you for making the point even more valid. That goes to show that the human brain DEVELOPS, while an animal brain DOES NOT !!

You STILL would need to teach a 6 month old puppy from the kennel where to shit, while a 6 year old may wipe his own ass already. If I brought a 6 year old to YOUR house, I do not need to teach him AGAIN where to shit.. he would KNOW to ask for the bathroom then and would KNOW what a bathroom is for. An ANIMAL can NOT figure that out for himself. THAT is the difference between Man and Animal.

4dmin
09-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't get the "slave" part... My dog does not clean my house or cook my breakfast or work in my yard so I lost you there.....

Someone said something about babies and dogs being "taught" what food is and where to shit.. Thank you for making the point even more valid. That goes to show that the human brain DEVELOPS, while an animal brain DOES NOT !!

You STILL would need to teach a 6 month old puppy from the kennel where to shit, while a 6 year old may wipe his own ass already. If I brought a 6 year old to YOUR house, I do not need to teach him AGAIN where to shit.. he would KNOW to ask for the bathroom then and would KNOW what a bathroom is for. An ANIMAL can NOT figure that out for himself. THAT is the difference between Man and Animal.the point about the slave what jamie kept saying i should be vegan/vegetarian, personally i eat meat b/c i like it... just as if i could own a slave i would. why b/c in this world it is survival of the strongest and the strongest will survive, that is why animals are our pets and not the other way around (ever seen planet of the apes?)

now you can't compare brain to brain, b/c the human brain is way more complex than a dogs, but dogs do learn and can be taught. humans have to be taught just the same. if you grew up w/ no one telling you about shiting in the toilet you would still be wetting your bed. the same for dogs you train them to piss outside in the yard not in your house. that is a learned behavior.

com'on guys how tuff is it to realize that humans are just the smartest of animals, look what we have evolved to. you find life so easy b/c of the 1000s of years of evolution that has brought us to present day. its like learning to walk or fly... those are learned behavior from trial and error, every living thing on this planet goes through it just some are more advanced than others. thats why dogs are mans best friend and not donkeys.

Killer
09-07-2005, 02:58 PM
but humans came up with a way to not have to crap in the yard... we invented toilets..... no animal has ever invented a thing. yes some use "tools" like monkeys use sticks for stuff... but have you ever seen an animal shape anything or form anything to make it more useful.. no... monkey's don't make fishing poles or spears... they use only what they have because it's instinct. they don't try to improve what they have either...

4dmin
09-07-2005, 03:10 PM
but humans came up with a way to not have to crap in the yard... we invented toilets..... no animal has ever invented a thing. yes some use "tools" like monkeys use sticks for stuff... but have you ever seen an animal shape anything or form anything to make it more useful.. no... monkey's don't make fishing poles or spears... they use only what they have because it's instinct. they don't try to improve what they have either...

have you INVENTED anything? ok then :rolleyes:

your missing the point, you can't compare the average humans brain to a dogs, you can't compare the average humans brian to a todler why b/c the don't compare... its like oranges to apples they are different.

humans are just complex animals, we have just evolved differently than animals... animals breed, feed, communicate, kill, build, survive, etc... its funny for people who talk about you have to "believe" ; yet you think its crazy that an animal has a soul. what is life w/o purpose? if an animal has no soul then neither does a new born. its simple design isn't it; if you can't worship then you don't have a soul. i for that matter don't worship so then i don't have a soul, right???

Killer
09-07-2005, 03:15 PM
i've invented plenty... it's not pattented nor famous but i've made and moded a lot of things....

and you make the choice not to worship... you have a soul that you can either give to God or let the devil take from you. and i don't think it's crazy that an animal has a soul... because they don't have one... i still don't see y you care whether or not your dog, my cat, you or i have a soul.... you don't believe in heaven. so why do you care????

ISAtlanta300
09-07-2005, 03:21 PM
; yet you think its crazy that an animal has a soul. what is life w/o purpose?

Congratulations.. u asked the right questions.. now look in the mirror and ask yourself that. Maybe "what is MY purpose in life? Just to live my life?"

:)

4dmin
09-07-2005, 03:23 PM
i've invented plenty... it's not pattented nor famous but i've made and moded a lot of things....

and you make the choice not to worship... you have a soul that you can either give to God or let the devil take from you. and i don't think it's crazy that an animal has a soul... because they don't have one... i still don't see y you care whether or not your dog, my cat, you or i have a soul.... you don't believe in heaven. so why do you care????

just b/c i don't believe in your GOD doesn't mean i don't think people have a soul... those are two totaly different things you are trying to connect.

Animals have a soul in the sense that they possess life. A common Hebrew word translated life (soul) is nephesh. Nephesh is used for the life or breath of both animals and man (Gen. 1: 20, 30; 19: 17). Life is that state that is the opposite of death. It is a state of animation, breathing, and awareness. Men and animals alike possess a soul in the sense of breath (nephesh). However, in the sense of possessing a part or element that lives forever, as man possesses, animals do not possess an eternal spirit (cp. Matt. 25: 46). The animal simply and totally returns to the dust, the spirit of man continues to exist (Eccl. 3: 21, cp. 12: 7).

there w/ bible references animals have SOULS!!! they may not go to heaven but they do have souls. :goodjob:

ISAtlanta300
09-07-2005, 03:24 PM
the point about the slave what jamie kept saying i should be vegan/vegetarian, personally i eat meat b/c i like it... just as if i could own a slave i would. why b/c in this world it is survival of the strongest and the strongest will survive, that is why animals are our pets and not the other way around (ever seen planet of the apes?)

now you can't compare brain to brain, b/c the human brain is way more complex than a dogs, but dogs do learn and can be taught. humans have to be taught just the same. if you grew up w/ no one telling you about shiting in the toilet you would still be wetting your bed. the same for dogs you train them to piss outside in the yard not in your house. that is a learned behavior.

Not really. I would prob. be pissing or shitting in the woods. I would FIGURE OUT to use leaves to wipe my ass. I would FIGURE OUT that I "smell", therefore I must "wash" myself in the river. I would "FIGURE OUT" how to invent the wheel.

There were dogs back then as there are dogs now. But only humans have "advanced". Hmmmmmmm

4dmin
09-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Congratulations.. u asked the right questions.. now look in the mirror and ask yourself that. Maybe "what is MY purpose in life? Just to live my life?"

i have and your book still doesn't answer it for me :goodjob:

Not really. I would prob. be pissing or shitting in the woods. I would FIGURE OUT to use leaves to wipe my ass. I would FIGURE OUT that I "smell", therefore I must "wash" myself in the river. I would "FIGURE OUT" how to invent the wheel.

There were dogs back then as there are dogs now. But only humans have "advanced". Hmmmmmmm

yes there were humans back then too and you make assumptians that you would know what to do w/o knowing anything :thinking: also even eyptians buried animals w/ them for the afterlife. this is BC and the rise of Christianity.

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Egyptians were NOT Christians. Actually they were Christian persecuters. So if THEY believed that dogs, birds, gold, a staff, and jewelry were "needed" for the afterlife it certainly doesn't reflect anything about what Christians believe. I don't see how that could serve as "proof" of anything in this discussion.

Even if we use the evolution theory of man, it proves that man is the superior being on the face of the planet. Why? Because even in the evolution theory man evolved from simian to upright human. Dogs have evolved very little if any. How can that be considered an "equal" even IF we don't factor in the God factor?

Take that one more step: If monkeys share the majority of our DNA, have vocal chords, and a brain similar in size......how come they've never uttered a word? How come if WE evolved from THEM, WE walk upright, talk, think, and take care of ourselves totally different?

I don't see how anyone can say rationally that animals are "equals". :confused:

4dmin
09-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Egyptians were NOT Christians. Actually they were Christian persecuters. So if THEY believed that dogs, birds, gold, a staff, and jewelry were "needed" for the afterlife it certainly doesn't reflect anything about what Christians believe. I don't see how that could serve as "proof" of anything in this discussion.

Even if we use the evolution theory of man, it proves that man is the superior being on the face of the planet. Why? Because even in the evolution theory man evolved from simian to upright human. Dogs have evolved very little if any. How can that be considered an "equal" even IF we don't factor in the God factor?

Take that one more step: If monkeys share the majority of our DNA, have vocal chords, and a brain similar in size......how come they've never uttered a word? How come if WE evolved from THEM, WE walk upright, talk, think, and take care of ourselves totally different?

I don't see how anyone can say rationally that animals are "equals". :confused:

i never said that animals are our equals, but that we are animals. if they were equals it would be a level'd playing field but it is not that way, we rule. much like i've said before "survival of the fittest".

the point of this topic was one do animals have a soul and two do they go to heaven. i posted info from the bible stating even animals have souls, i just think that if an animal has a soul then it must go to heaven as well. also the point about egyptians is that even races prechristianity believed in after life for animals, so i don't think its crazy to think so.

Killer
09-08-2005, 10:14 AM
how can you think they go to heaven????? you've said you don't even believe in God??? unless i'm mistaken....

4dmin
09-08-2005, 12:35 PM
how can you think they go to heaven????? you've said you don't even believe in God??? unless i'm mistaken....

Ok, please explain to me how heaven is just a christian idea? just b/c i'm not christian nor do i believe in your god doesn't mean that i can't believe in something or an afterlife.

Killer
09-08-2005, 01:03 PM
you can believe in what ever you want to believe, but Heaven and Hell are for Christians and non believers. you can believe in any type of after life you like... but it's not gonna be "Heaven" because "Heaven" is where God dwells.

ISAtlanta300
09-08-2005, 01:04 PM
So what would be your idea of heaven? Do you believe we will all just be meandering around? Or that there will be some kind of power controlling it all?

Kristi
09-08-2005, 01:43 PM
just saw this thread, but i think that animals go to heaven. i know when i get there i will see my old puppy pepsi and my other past animals.

i think that they do have souls. it cant be proven that they don't.

4dmin
09-08-2005, 01:45 PM
you can believe in what ever you want to believe, but Heaven and Hell are for Christians and non believers. you can believe in any type of after life you like... but it's not gonna be "Heaven" because "Heaven" is where God dwells.

the term heaven was used long before christianity and it means: A condition or place of great happiness, delight, or pleasure, the word now since the rise of christianity has become a term that christians seem to think they made up. :goodjob:

there are always heavens it doesn't matter if your muslim, buddist, christian, or worship the devil for that matter. just b/c your not christian doesn't mean heaven doesn't exsist for you. so your wrong in christianity heaven is where GOD dwells.

you need to remember the world doesn't revolve around christianity, we as people exsisted long before your religion did.

ISAtlanta300
09-08-2005, 02:10 PM
just saw this thread, but i think that animals go to heaven. i know when i get there i will see my old puppy pepsi and my other past animals.

i think that they do have souls. it cant be proven that they don't.

What is your definition of a "soul" ?

ISAtlanta300
09-08-2005, 02:11 PM
the term heaven was used long before christianity and it means: A condition or place of great happiness, delight, or pleasure, the word now since the rise of christianity has become a term that christians seem to think they made up. :goodjob:

there are always heavens it doesn't matter if your muslim, buddist, christian, or worship the devil for that matter. just b/c your not christian doesn't mean heaven doesn't exsist for you. so your wrong in christianity heaven is where GOD dwells.

you need to remember the world doesn't revolve around christianity, we as people exsisted long before your religion did.

Not according to the bible.. :)

Genesis mentions that God created the "heaven and the earth" so it got dibs on the word.. ;)

4dmin
09-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Not according to the bible.. :)

Genesis mentions that God created the "heaven and the earth" so it got dibs on the word.. ;)

its amazing every religion has a heaven yet you think you are the chosen people...:lmfao: well i don't believe in your heaven or hell so to me your book is nothing but lies.

Killer
09-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Well all i can say is one day we'll all see who's right and who's wrong.... but i'm not scared not one bit i know where i'm going and i don't have to ask everyone else's opinion on the matter ;)

ISAtlanta300
09-08-2005, 02:34 PM
its amazing every religion has a heaven yet you think you are the chosen people...:lmfao: well i don't believe in your heaven or hell so to me your book is nothing but lies.

LOL it is not that we think we are the chosen people.. we ARE the chosen people !! yea !! wha?? what now?? want to mess with me and my "clicka" ??

LOL

Nah but in all seriousness, you believe in what you want to believe in. Every "OTHER" religion has a heaven.. but MOST if not all other religions have "deviated" from "the book of lies" you so eloquently put it. While it may be true that other "tribes" do believe in an "afterlife", karma, reincarnation etc, the "idea" of heaven came from Christianity.....

4dmin
09-08-2005, 03:07 PM
LOL it is not that we think we are the chosen people.. we ARE the chosen people !! yea !! wha?? what now?? want to mess with me and my "clicka" ??

LOL

Nah but in all seriousness, you believe in what you want to believe in. Every "OTHER" religion has a heaven.. but MOST if not all other religions have "deviated" from "the book of lies" you so eloquently put it. While it may be true that other "tribes" do believe in an "afterlife", karma, reincarnation etc, the "idea" of heaven came from Christianity.....

again we are getting off subject, but how did heaven come from christianity if heaven came before christianity? :goodjob: and before christ and before people worshiping your god.

Killer
09-08-2005, 03:15 PM
ummm "christianity" wasn't first your right... but Adam and Eve worshiped God long before anyone else on the earth existed.... there fore Heaven with God was first....

Jaimecbr900
09-08-2005, 08:21 PM
again we are getting off subject, but how did heaven come from christianity if heaven came before christianity? :goodjob: and before christ and before people worshiping your god.

What do you base that on?

Killer
09-09-2005, 09:16 AM
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were first... Then God made angels... a couple of angels went bad... God made hell and cast the angels into it.... God made man with the power to chose heaven or hell... Adam and Eve Worshiped God.... They were the first humans on the earth... <---- = GOD AND GOD'S HEAVEN FIRST

4dmin
09-09-2005, 09:58 AM
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were first... Then God made angels... a couple of angels went bad... God made hell and cast the angels into it.... God made man with the power to chose heaven or hell... Adam and Eve Worshiped God.... They were the first humans on the earth... <---- = GOD AND GOD'S HEAVEN FIRST

wow that is your proof of heaven??? whatever dude, keep trying when you can prove adam/eve exsisted then we'll talk. its amazing your trying to debate on a issue that is older than your religion :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
09-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Paul, you didn't answer my question.

What do you base your opinion on that there was a "heaven" BEFORE Christianity?

Killer
09-09-2005, 11:11 AM
you asked how we(I) got that heaven w/God was first.. that's where i get it... simple as that...

4dmin
09-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Paul, you didn't answer my question.

What do you base your opinion on that there was a "heaven" BEFORE Christianity?

well considering the bible wasn't in exsistance till AD and Christianity for that matter. we already discussed and confirmed that christianity wasn't even seen as a religion untill about 250+AD... well there have be people on earth way longer than that, way longer than christ, so heaven did come before christianity.

you guys need to open your mind a bit out of the millions of people in the world not everyone is christian, some religions today date back to before christ that have "heaven".

Jaimecbr900
09-09-2005, 02:18 PM
well considering the bible wasn't in exsistance till AD and Christianity for that matter. we already discussed and confirmed that christianity wasn't even seen as a religion untill about 250+AD... well there have be people on earth way longer than that, way longer than christ, so heaven did come before christianity.

I follow all that, but what I don't have is what info are you using to arrive at the conclusion of, "people were here before Christianity, so therefore "heaven" came before Christianity..." Are you summizing that since people believed in an "afterlife" before that meant they believed in a "heaven"????

you guys need to open your mind a bit out of the millions of people in the world not everyone is christian, some religions today date back to before christ that have "heaven".

Which one(s)?

Remember, believing in an "afterlife" or "reincarnation" is not automatically saying they believe in "heaven" per se.

ISAtlanta300
09-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Yes but "Paul".... "GOD" did not become true just because the bible was written.. he was ALWAYS there !! Since the beginning of time !!

It is not that when the bible was written all of a sudden "Heaven" and "God" magically started to appear... He was always there. Way before people STARTED to write about it.

Therefore, IF you believe in the bible.. or actually to put it more clearly, IF you believe in "GOD" then you do believe in "HIS" heaven...

And therefore, "ACCORDING" to the bible, the "Idea" of Heaven.. a heaven with GOD, came frome Christianity.. as it was the same God that created Adam and Eve and everything in the beginning...

4dmin
09-09-2005, 04:36 PM
heaven is an idea (a concieved place for the dead), another word for the afterlife... this term has been around before christianity... just like there are many different names for GOD or the Devil, it isn't that tuff to grasp.

See what your trying to state is that... people exsisted for 1000's for years w/o mention of GOD, then christianity came along and spelled out Jesus, GOD, & Heaven...

Jaimecbr900
09-10-2005, 12:00 PM
heaven is an idea (a concieved place for the dead), another word for the afterlife... this term has been around before christianity... just like there are many different names for GOD or the Devil, it isn't that tuff to grasp.

Remember that not all afterlife= heaven. Some religions believe, as the Egyptians did, that afterlife meant reincarnation which is not heaven. So just believing that "something" is going to happen after you die doesn't automatically mean they believed that something was heaven.

ISAtlanta300
09-10-2005, 01:55 PM
See what your trying to state is that... people exsisted for 1000's for years w/o mention of GOD, then christianity came along and spelled out Jesus, GOD, & Heaven...

No, what I am trying to say is that God was there BEFORE it was written about Him. But He was there. Adam and Eve did not write about him. But that does not mean he was not there in the beginning. They talked to him and stuff...

Brett
09-10-2005, 02:15 PM
humans were created to worship God,

I dont buy that shit in the least, Im not here to worship anyone or anything.

PSINXS
09-10-2005, 03:30 PM
From dust you are, to dust you will return. they die and remain in the grave like the rest of us. and no they do not have a heavenly hope.