PDA

View Full Version : Taking car to do emission

Seun
09-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Due to gas prices, im thinking of using my hatch as a daily driver now. The problem is, its been sitting in my backyard for almost 3 years now. It still has 07 tags, How do i take it to emissions with out getting pulled over?

Code-Aye
09-16-2008, 12:50 AM
drive, and say fu*k it

Seun
09-16-2008, 12:52 AM
drive, and say fu*k it

lol, I know its kind of a dumb question but im stumped.

X-Runner
09-16-2008, 12:58 AM
You dont lol

seanrg1116
09-16-2008, 09:00 AM
lol, I know its kind of a dumb question but im stumped.

remove temptation from the cops and put a tag applied for sign in the back window and take the tag off and go up there with the tag in the passenger seat just in case u get pulled over.

Sport1.3
09-16-2008, 09:12 AM
remove temptation from the cops and put a tag applied for sign in the back window and take the tag off and go up there with the tag in the passenger seat just in case u get pulled over.

there is no such thing as "tag applied for" any longer. one of those is just begging for a cop to pull you over.

Your best bet is to take the tag off the car completely. First of all make certain you place the car on your insurance. Go online to DMV.org and print yourself off a Bill of sale. You will obviously have to forge the paperwork saying you bought the car within the last 30 days. This is some insurance against getting a ticket for no tag, if you're pulled over. Take the car and have the emissions done, its all electronic now so once taken its then accessable to the Tag office via computer. In about 1 business day go to the tag office and pay the ad valorem, and tag fee's etc and recieve your updated tag and or stickers. place them on the car and your in like sin.

Bill of Sale
http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/forms/pdf/motor/t-7.pdf

seanrg1116
09-16-2008, 02:23 PM
there is no such thing as "tag applied for" any longer. one of those is just begging for a cop to pull you over.

Your best bet is to take the tag off the car completely. First of all make certain you place the car on your insurance. Go online to DMV.org and print yourself off a Bill of sale. You will obviously have to forge the paperwork saying you bought the car within the last 30 days. This is some insurance against getting a ticket for no tag, if you're pulled over. Take the car and have the emissions done, its all electronic now so once taken its then accessable to the Tag office via computer. In about 1 business day go to the tag office and pay the ad valorem, and tag fee's etc and recieve your updated tag and or stickers. place them on the car and your in like sin.

Bill of Sale
http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/forms/pdf/motor/t-7.pdf

:goodjob: good info man

RL...
09-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Just drive to emissions, the chances of you getting pulled over are extremely small. I drove a year with no license and never got caught...if you gotta drive, you gotta drive :goodjob:

Elbow
09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
"...if you gotta drive, you gotta drive "

Wow.....

I was going to reply with something else about the emission thing but now my mind is blown. :eek:

Barefoot
09-16-2008, 03:42 PM
remove temptation from the cops and put a tag applied for sign in the back window and take the tag off and go up there with the tag in the passenger seat just in case u get pulled over.tag applied for sign is asking to get pulled over.

i got pulled over like that. the cop told me get insurance on it. then have it towed to the emissions place. then go get your tag and ride out. it made since. i still drove it to the emissions place. on the way there the same FUCKIN cop saw me pulled me over an gave a ticket. i was lucky he didnt impound it. but its all up to u.

Elbow
09-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah "Tag Applied For" is BS. I tried that once he told me I am better off driving without a tag all together.

Nateds16
09-16-2008, 03:53 PM
if you get pulled over they will through it out in court just went today

Barefoot
09-16-2008, 04:19 PM
if you get pulled over they will through it out in court just went today:goodjob:nice!!! giving encouragement to get stopped, get a ticket, have to go to court, and waste a lot of peoples time.

X-Runner
09-16-2008, 04:23 PM
In about 1 business day go to the tag office

I went within 5 minutes and got mine.

Sport1.3
09-16-2008, 04:30 PM
I went within 5 minutes and got mine.

then there you go.....not all are posted same business day though

DaSmittyman
09-16-2008, 04:33 PM
if you have another car up to date just swap the tags and don't drive stupid(not saying you do)

Sport1.3
09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
if you have another car up to date just swap the tags and don't drive stupid(not saying you do)

thats more illegal than driving without one lol

rzaray89
09-16-2008, 05:01 PM
if you get pulled over they will through it out in court just went today

where? got pulled over in lawrenceville leaving the dmv. couldnt get my plates because of an improper title transfer, had to do the whole title bond thing. (if you don't know, don't ask)

showed the cop all the paper work they LITERALLY JUST GAVE me so I could have my car legit (I was on my way 8 miles back home). and officer oink oink still wrote me a ticket. plead guilty to a "lesser charge" (spotless driving record). the result? invalid tag:$567?!

also happend with gwinnett pd, had no paperwork for insurance, so the :police:impounded my car. however GC is so much more lenient as they threw out the tag, insurance, and "unsafe lane change" tickets that I got that day...guess because they have more important things to do than the city of lawrenceville

find someone who will pass it for you. the laws are so retarded that you can't drive your car on the road in order to make it legally driveable. sure, lets all pay a tow company to take a car a short distance in which it is physically capable of driving to, so i can risk failing and waste more time and money.
but nvm, that's our government..:2up:

i thought there was some type of 30 day tag you could get assuming that you had insurance?

DaSmittyman
09-16-2008, 06:17 PM
thats more illegal than driving without one lol

ya but a officer isn't going to pull you over to "check" your tags to make sure its for your car unless your doing something to give him a reason to pull you over. A police officer isn't going to know the tag isn't for your car.

Sushi
09-16-2008, 07:10 PM
ya but a officer isn't going to pull you over to "check" your tags to make sure its for your car unless your doing something to give him a reason to pull you over. A police officer isn't going to know the tag isn't for your car.

dude your ****ing stupid im sorry but thats just bad advice. Cops run tags all the time they dont have to pull you over to run your tag. Thats why they have computers with wireless internet in there cars!

Seun
09-17-2008, 12:13 AM
thanks for all the replies. I was going to make a bogus bill of sale and drive it but i made a new friend today who will pass my car for some hush hush money. Its a loud ass little honda, no need to get the attentions of the police. Plus it saves me the time and money of finding a cat and installing it.

Me86Rob
09-17-2008, 12:40 AM

that is epic fail. you dont apply for a tag. i drove my Z for a month with NOTHING in teh back. and i was ok. got pulled over once. showed bill of sale, was on my way. if you are reeeally paranoid, just write out a fake bill of sale and take the tag off. but thats like, worst case scenerio

Kaiser
09-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Or, he could just go and get a 30 day temporary tag for the car, saying it hasn't been driven in three years and needs a legal way to get it to emissions. You pay A-V tax on the spot, get a 30 day and go to get your emissions done. Return within 30 days and pay the tag fee, get a new sticker for the plate, and you've done everything the correct and legit way.

Another alternative is of course to tow it to the local emissions station.

Whatever you do though, make sure you have insurance on the car before it touches the road again.