PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods turbo and emmissions questions.

ghionw
09-01-2005, 09:09 PM
hey everyone, i am looking to boost my OBDII d16, but I am worried about passing GA emmissions. I am looking to run a 14b setup. Any comments on what parts works best with this turbo and engine setup is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BTEC
09-02-2005, 10:01 AM
hey everyone, i am looking to boost my OBDII d16, but I am worried about passing GA emmissions. I am looking to run a 14b setup. Any comments on what parts works best with this turbo and engine setup is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
14 psi on a d16? woah!! can prolly get 7psi with stock internals and still pass emissions with no ECU mods.

ghionw
09-02-2005, 11:02 AM
not 14psi, a 14b 1st gen dsm turbo...... Just looking for do's and don'ts for passing emmissions after turboing a NA car.

BTEC
09-02-2005, 11:08 AM
not 14psi, a 14b 1st gen dsm turbo...... Just looking for do's and don'ts for passing emmissions after turboing a NA car.
oh ok. i think its called a 14g. high flow cat, fuel pump and FMU should be good for low boost. bigger injectors will make it run rich which will make it not pass emissions. u can get it running right with the turbo and swap everythign back to stock b4 u get ur emissions done if u want to make descent power.

98cvcex
09-11-2005, 01:14 AM
find someone in a county that does not have emissions and use their address. the only thing is your tag will have another county on it instead of the one you live in.

b18hb
09-11-2005, 10:37 AM
^^ you have to come up with proof of residence, which isn't too hard if you know someone that lives out there, but can be really difficult if you don't. don't ask me how i know ;)

5.7camal
09-14-2005, 12:36 AM
find someone in a county that does not have emissions and use their address. the only thing is your tag will have another county on it instead of the one you live in.

yea but i believe you have to get you drivers licence changed to that because i have a lakehouse and tried to do that and they said i have to have my drivers licence changed changed to the other residency.

HiPSI
09-14-2005, 02:09 PM
oh ok. i think its called a 14g

no, it's a damn 14b like the poster stated.

HiPSI
09-14-2005, 02:13 PM
to answer the question, technically anything you can do without messing with the stock ECU or causing it to throw a code would be ok... which is basically nothing with that car ;). unfortunately with obd2 your car can run perfectly within emissions standards but if it has any codes you're screwed.

BTEC
09-15-2005, 11:31 AM
to answer the question, technically anything you can do without messing with the stock ECU or causing it to throw a code would be ok... which is basically nothing with that car ;). unfortunately with obd2 your car can run perfectly within emissions standards but if it has any codes you're screwed.
HE CAN RUN SECONDARY INJECTORS INSTEAD OF MODIFYING HIS ECU OR CHANGING PRIMARY INJECTORS AND CAR WILL STILL PASS EMISSIONS.

Supacharge
09-20-2005, 12:31 PM
not true. i had stock injectors, stock ecu, and turbo. mine threw a code that wasnt even listed on the code sheet. honda didnt know what the code was, no tuners knew what the code was. obdII sucks for passing. some tricks work, some dont. good luck

Evolution Autodesign
09-30-2005, 11:38 PM
OBDII is pretty easy if your turbo setup is mild. On the wife's turbo Integra, we just run an FMU and missing link along with an SAFC. 7 psi on a T3, passed emissions 3 times now without issue.

Even on my turbo Maxima with no cats, big injectors, e-manage, larger MAF it passed last year. This year I keep throwing random codes non related to the turbo setup like EVAP and EGR system that are keeping me from passing.

Or you can just pay an emissions shop to look the other way, some will do that although the state is cracking down on them some and it's harder than before.

Thanks

ghionw
10-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I am only looking for a mild setup. maybe only 9psi max right now. I was planning on using e-manage and larger injectors and the other necessary parts.

brads94accord
10-01-2005, 03:13 PM
it might cost you some extra money but you can pass w/ obd2

Silver RSX-S
10-01-2005, 04:57 PM
wow, good thing all i have to do is enable my emissions systems, set readiness and get tested on my turbocharged catless beast :D

iNsTuN nOoDoH
10-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Everytime I do emissions, I just switch back from Uberdata to the hack. I've passed 2 years already. When you do the hack, you won't throw any codes related to the turbo. The hack is when you run bigger injectors with a safc or vafc. You don't have to run a missing link. I also run 10 psi daily on my stock d16 for 2 years now with no problems with the car or emissions. OBD2 doesn't rely on the sniffer test, only CEL's...

MrEG62U
10-01-2005, 05:35 PM
getting tuned will help