PDA

View Full Version : Bush approval rating - will this effect election?

4dmin
09-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Republicans are claiming to be the party of "CHANGE" now - what do they plan on doing differently? There has been very little on this, like McCain has to walk a fine line between agree/disagree with current situation. How will Bush's Approval Rating effect this election. I'm more interested in republican answers b/c many still fall into the 30% that think he is doing a good job.

http://www.hist.umn.edu/%7Eruggles/Approval_files/Approval_27267_image001.png

DevilK9
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
As long as it is clear that Bush's soul is being injected into McCain's heart cavity it will.

bafbrian
09-16-2008, 11:23 PM
In reality, his approval ratings shouldn't mean with regards to McCain. But, the politics at play are putting them in the same boat based upon his voting record. If we look at history, Bush is considered, by approval ratings, the second worst president to Harry Truman who had an approval rating of only 22% compared to Bush's 30%.

Still got some time left in office, so this could change. Only time will tell.

AlanŽ
09-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Yea it will. Simply because the game plan is to make McCain look as much like Bush as possible.

Vteckidd
09-16-2008, 11:46 PM
No it wont, in the end, people will VOTE Economy, and who they think can fix it.

As of now, its leaning towards Mccain in the polls as he is gaining ground in the Battle states and hes now showing to lead Obama in the Electoral College projections.

I think its pretty clear the public knows Mccain is not the same as Bush.

Hence the polls showing Mccain ahead and staying there.

Deke
09-17-2008, 12:07 AM
From what I can tell, McCain seems to be separating himself as much as possible from Bush. I mean, Bush wasn't even at the convention. I think the majority of republican voters are certainly trying to forget Bush and move on to the new era of McCain. Whether or not they're fooling themselves is yet to be seen.