PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky rolling noise

gsrteg
09-14-2008, 10:43 PM
So, I've been driving my car for the past 3 months with a mild squeaky/rolling/squealling noise coming from my passenger side. I'm not sure if it's from my passenger side wheel hub, brake disk, brake pads, or transmission etc...? I changed my brake pads not too long ago, and brake disk is evenly flat...Any ideas, anyone have this problem? Could it be transmission bearing gone bad?

RBS
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
could be wheel bearing.. jack up that one side of your car that you think is making the noise, and spin the wheel see if it makes noise. OR, hold the wheel firmly and shake it around and see if the wheel bearing is bad

Fr33way
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
^^^ First thought is wheel bearing seal drying out.

gsrteg
09-15-2008, 09:22 PM
I'll try that this weekend, hey thanks...hope its the wheel bearing...

could be wheel bearing.. jack up that one side of your car that you think is making the noise, and spin the wheel see if it makes noise. OR, hold the wheel firmly and shake it around and see if the wheel bearing is bad

gsrteg
09-15-2008, 09:24 PM
How do I check if the wheel bearing seal is drying out??? Would I have to take the whole freakin hub off from the axle and look behind it??? If so, then I do that this weeked as well...hey thanks fo the thought.

^^^ First thought is wheel bearing seal drying out.

turbob20
09-16-2008, 12:55 AM
check and see if you accidently bent the backing plate/dust sheild against the rotor. happens alot.

gsrteg
09-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I forgot about that too....thanks for the input. I check this weekend as well.

check and see if you accidently bent the backing plate/dust sheild against the rotor. happens alot.