PDA

View Full Version : B@d @pple...

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2008, 07:49 AM
I am going to need to hardwire my satellite receiver in the car. Can you hwlp me out by telling me how to do this? Thanks. Later, QD.

TurboRiceCooker
09-14-2008, 09:14 AM
I WOULD HELP YOU OUT WITH THIS IF I KNOW HOW. SORRY DUDE.

patrick4588
09-14-2008, 09:24 AM
most satellite radios run off of 5v, so dont cut the cigarette plug off. you need to buy a female cigarette lighter plug. it will a positive and negative wiring coming off of it; just tap those onto the regular cigarette lighter wires and you are done.

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2008, 09:35 AM
^^^ Hmmmm. I have no cigarette lighter in my car. Later, QD.

hybrid90accord
09-14-2008, 10:18 AM
just catch a 12v Acc either at the ignition harness,fuse box. or behind the radio and make sure to fuse the wire for added protection. Also if your running a stand alone unit like a inno, xpress, starmate, etc id highly suggest using a fm direct adapter to eliminate any fm bleed threw or static from the channel.

b@d @pple
09-14-2008, 10:24 AM
look at the power plug that the kit comes with..on the cigarette adapter power plug it will say 12v or 5 v..if its 12v(there will be no resisters inside the plug) you can cut off the plug and wire it up to switched ignition and ground...if it is a 5v output the you will have to either solder wire to the circuit bored inside the plug or you can buy a female cigarette adapter,then just plug it into the powerplug of the sat radio) and wire the adapter to ignition and ground

b@d @pple
09-14-2008, 10:28 AM

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks, hybrid and b@d. I forgot to mention that I have a radio from the car. It is the factory AM/FM radio for the 79 Civic. I wanted that radio in the car for the stockness and to hardwire my Sat. radio because I can put the receiver where it really won't be seen. I do have the FM adapter for noise bleed. I can run all that through; just needed a power source. Later, QD.