PDA

View Full Version : graphics tablets....

b18hb
09-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Who uses them?

b18hb
09-14-2008, 07:16 AM
No one? You should... They are awesome!!!! I just bought a cheapy to use w/ my laptop @ school so I could keep digital notebooks and lose those bulky notebooks. I don't know how I've gone so long without one. From what I gather, there are better ones out there (and I'll probably buy one when I graduate, just to compare) but I am extremely impressed. Best 100 bux I've spent recently.

BKgen®
09-14-2008, 11:10 AM
i do. i do a lot of flash animation @ photoshop work. can't live without it.

flak_monkey
09-14-2008, 10:38 PM
I use them on Zbrush, mudbox, and corel paint. I have a 9x14 wacom.

DevilK9
09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
I've got a Wacom Bluetooth. The new job's getting me a Wacom that's a little nicer.

Really looking forward to it.

How could you live without it?

Friggintitsman
09-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Wacom is the best IMO

b18hb
09-16-2008, 08:09 AM
A lot of ppl share your opinion. I purhcased the VisTablet, and it has a little more working area than the wacom bamboo medium, its rated to have better pressure sensitivity, and its a little less bulky. It doesn't have some of the features that the bamboo possesses, such as a mouse separate from the pen, or the cool "touch ring", but it does have a greater quantity of programmable "buttons" (you touch them with the pen) that you can assign different functions or programs to. (29 total) in addition to the two on the pen. It seems to interface pretty well with all the programs I've worked with so far, there are a few things I am trying to smooth over, but I have no doubt that the solutions are hidden in the settings somewhere.

I bought the tablet to use as a portable for use with my laptop, and at $105 vs. the $200 ish for the bamboo, it seemed to be a better purchase. I only question how long it will hold up, but time will reveal that to me.

Eventually, I will probably buy a wacom for use with my home pc because of their reputation and to compare with my opinion of the one I'm using now, but for what I am doing at the moment, this tablet is great.