PDA

View Full Version : I F'n HATE American Sheeple and our damn media

DinanM3atl
09-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Last night gas jumped 50 cents and the storm hasn't even hit yet. News starts the scare.

2pm this afternoon at lunch with co-worker. He gets a text from a girl that says "Nick go get gas, it will be 6 dollars tomorrow". That is right, it WILL be 6.

7pm I get home from work and my mom calls, apparently in 1 week it will be 2x to 3x the price it is today. Mom I thought you were better than this?

10pm I go to Andretti and run some kart racing, I drive home. First 5 stations I pass no have plastic bags, yellow tape and no gas signs. Are you ****ing joking? I pass the last station near my house and there is honking and yelling and there are 8 pumps with cars 10 deep...

God damnit I hate the media in this country. I hate the American sheep. This happened years ago and the Mayor said "We are NOT going to run out of gas, just fill up as normal". The local media reports everyone is running out. I pass stations and soccer moms have 10 5 gallon jugs and filling up their 20gal SUV and guess what? Stations ran out. Of course they will run out if EVERYONE goes to the station all at once... The tanks aren't large enough to hold that much gas.

All of this and it was a 2, scare the **** out of everyone that it is going to hit at a 3 and it appears it made landfall as a weak 2 and immediately was a 1.

I feel bad for the damage it is causing and everyone involved but everytime this is getting out of hand.

Alan®
09-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Last night gas jumped 50 cents and the storm hasn't even hit yet. News starts the scare.

2pm this afternoon at lunch with co-worker. He gets a text from a girl that says "Nick go get gas, it will be 6 dollars tomorrow". That is right, it WILL be 6.

7pm I get home from work and my mom calls, apparently in 1 week it will be 2x to 3x the price it is today. Mom I thought you were better than this?

10pm I go to Andretti and run some kart racing, I drive home. First 5 stations I pass no have plastic bags, yellow tape and no gas signs. Are you ****ing joking? I pass the last station near my house and there is honking and yelling and there are 8 pumps with cars 10 deep...

God damnit I hate the media in this country. I hate the American sheep. This happened years ago and the Mayor said "We are NOT going to run out of gas, just fill up as normal". The local media reports everyone is running out. I pass stations and soccer moms have 10 5 gallon jugs and filling up their 20gal SUV and guess what? Stations ran out. Of course they will run out if EVERYONE goes to the station all at once... The tanks aren't large enough to hold that much gas.

All of this and it was a 2, scare the **** out of everyone that it is going to hit at a 3 and it appears it made landfall as a weak 2 and immediately was a 1.

I feel bad for the damage it is causing and everyone involved but everytime this is getting out of hand.
X FUCCING 2.

People are so pathetically stupid it's not even funny.

blacknightteg
09-12-2008, 10:59 PM
amen brother.

BKgen®
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
X FUCCING 2.

People are so pathetically stupid it's not even funny.

x3

We're in the south -- Get used to simple minded rednecks who believe anything people tell them. :doh:

Slomaro Z28
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
All the stations here were packed all day.

Revmaynard
09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
From what I saw on the news they were shutting down three rigs in Texas for the hurricane, that's why people are saying we're going to ''run out''. I can justify getting gas cheaper, I mean, I don't believe that bs the news talks about when it happens, but gas prices DO go up after something like this.

DinanM3atl
09-12-2008, 11:13 PM
They do because of wholesale pricing and then they will come back down. If everyone would fill up as normal this wouldn't happen and we wouldn't 'run out'.

Blitanicle99
09-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah, like 3 stations on the way home were out. And I usually fill up the diesel at night anyway, but those ****ers shut off the pumps. Ill threaten to rip the pump out of the ground tomorrow if theres anymore problems lol

redrumracer
09-12-2008, 11:29 PM
yea its all stupid, i just got my gas as normal on my way back home today @ 3.95

Echonova
09-12-2008, 11:37 PM
From what I saw on the news they were shutting down three rigs in Texas for the hurricane, that's why people are saying we're going to ''run out''. I can justify getting gas cheaper, I mean, I don't believe that bs the news talks about when it happens, but gas prices DO go up after something like this.There is a certain risk of "running out" at the bulk plants. Thanks to back to back hurricanes. Problem is, as previously stated... Making a run on the gas stations only makes things worse. IF Ike caused castastrofic damage then there might be a problem. However, it's unlikely to damage the pipeline and as soon as production can be ramped back up gas should settle down to around $3.00 a gallon given the current price of a barrel of oil. Gonna take a few weeks to get there, but it's coming. It is reasons like this, I keep a 55 gal drum of Prem unld in my garage. I'm set either way.

DinanM3atl
09-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Where does one buy a 55gal drum of premium? Good idea man. Very good idea.

And you speak the truth.

Got Milk?
09-12-2008, 11:57 PM
i hope that it doesnt hit 10 dollars by tomorow lol.

Time to buy a bike, no not a motorcycle an actual bike aka screw gas.

Echonova
09-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Where does one buy a 55gal drum of premium? Good idea man. Very good idea.

And you speak the truth.I work for the evil oil companies as an environmental consultant/ ethanol ninja. Best way for you to get one is to purchase a 55 gal drum refurbished, McConnel drum is right off Buford Hwy (metal drum is better) will run you around $85ish I think... I buy in bulk so I really don't know the price for one. When gas gets cheap, throw it in a pick up and filler up. Hell, I could get you one for a decent price, question is... Once you get the gas barrel... How are you going to get the gas out?

Echonova
09-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Also keep in mind that gas has a really short shelf life. It won't be good a year later. Gas starts turning into varnish after 30 days, it's a long process but you have 6 months tops to use that barrel.

b18hb
09-13-2008, 12:04 AM
lol... a keg tap =P

Revmaynard
09-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Also keep in mind that gas has a really short shelf life. It won't be good a year later. Gas starts turning into varnish after 30 days, it's a long process but you have 6 months tops to use that barrel.

So you're just wasting our gas, *******!?:ninja:

:lmfao: Jk.

Alan®
09-13-2008, 12:08 AM
I work for the evil oil companies as an environmental consultant/ ethanol ninja. Best way for you to get one is to purchase a 55 gal drum refurbished, McConnel drum is right off Buford Hwy (metal drum is better) will run you around $85ish I think... I buy in bulk so I really don't know the price for one. When gas gets cheap, throw it in a pick up and filler up. Hell, I could get you one for a decent price, question is... Once you get the gas barrel... How are you going to get the gas out?
Siphon it out into a smaller or 5 gallon gas can?

redrumracer
09-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Once you get the gas barrel... How are you going to get the gas out?
go get a cheap ass $30 fuel pump from autozone and some 3/8 fuel hose and there ya go, a way to get the gas out. although that 3/8 line takes a while to get a lot of gas out.

Echonova
09-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Siphon it out into a smaller or 5 gallon gas can?With a straw? Yes, it can be done. There are many ways to do it, I'm just making sure that this is thought all the way through... and gas tastes like sh*t. Hand pump FTMFW.

Echonova
09-13-2008, 12:18 AM
So you're just wasting our gas, *******!?:ninja:Hell no. My lawn mower gets only the best...

Revmaynard
09-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Hell no. My lawn mower gets only the best...

LOLOL.

Unleash the fury of 93 octane!

Echonova
09-13-2008, 12:24 AM
LOLOL.

Unleash the fury of 93 octane!Does wonders for when my Honda lawnmower hits V-TACH!!!!!

DinanM3atl
09-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Little small pump or hand pump would be fine :)

green91
09-13-2008, 03:33 PM
LOL i get 55gal steel drums for free all the time. Ill admit i did fill up, but only because there were a few stations not gouging the price and i knew i would need gas within a few days anyway. But my got my truck full and my car full so i should be able to last on that until this stupid rage goes down. Ive heard rumors of a few local gas stations getting fined $40k+ for price gouging.