PDA

View Full Version : Soft drinks hurt

Catnip
09-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Does anyone else get a really bad stomach ache from regular soft drinks? I have to drink diet or I feel like dying... unless I water it down. It's very annoying, especially the weird looks from people when a 160 pound, 5'10, 18 year old orders a diet drink.
So, anyone else? Is it just too much sugar? I can eat boxes and boxes of candy and be straight, but regular sodas FTL.

alpine_aw11
09-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Is it that time of the month?

Ed
09-12-2008, 02:06 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/9/6/e/96e10162682fdbafdb8b2cfebe1e2d34.jpg

kthxbai

Ran
09-12-2008, 02:08 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/33vgr6a.jpg

lol

Catnip
09-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Is it that time of the month?

Probably, I've had stomach cramps all week long.

But the soda thing always happens, lol

alpine_aw11
09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Probably, I've had stomach cramps all week long.

But the soda thing always happens, lol

Good response, real talk.

The Ninja
09-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Does anyone else get a really bad stomach ache from regular soft drinks? I have to drink diet or I feel like dying... unless I water it down. It's very annoying, especially the weird looks from people when a 160 pound, 5'10, 18 year old orders a diet drink.
So, anyone else? Is it just too much sugar? I can eat boxes and boxes of candy and be straight, but regular sodas FTL.

DAMNIT! I want to weigh 160. :(

Catnip
09-12-2008, 02:39 PM
DAMNIT! I want to weigh 160. :(

I want to weigh more (muscle, not fat) :(

RL...
09-12-2008, 02:41 PM
soda is very bad for you, more so than you prob realize. Stick with water or gatorade...:goodjob:

Stormhammer
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
^^ yeah lol since emergency crews use coke to clean up blood off the asphalt etc

I have acid reflux so it always hurts :(

Catnip
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
soda is very bad for you, more so than you prob realize. Stick with water or gatorade...:goodjob:

I do drink more than I should, but water makes me drink a lot... then I end up peeing every 15 minutes... :no:

jwrape
09-12-2008, 03:01 PM

Man, this is serious. Your stomach is producing to much acid. I have this same issue and actually didn't know what it was so I tried to maintain and not drink too much etc... until one day I started cough up blood and I had ahole in my Esophagus(< spelling) I went to the Dr. got on Nexium and then went to have a Enoscopy (They scope your throat to look for damage and cancer). The day after i had the procedure it got really bad and my esophagus all but closed up and I had a attack. I thought I was having a Heart attack and I started praying to god to forgive me and take me home. I was seriously thinking it was over and I'm only 31.
I went to the ER and the did a EKG and blood test etc... they finally realized it was a esophagus attack that feels very similar to a heart attack.
Since then I have had about a half dozen of those attacks but I have learned how to calm myself and control them and now lately my acid reflux is becoming more manageable but it takes a LONG TIME to heal because that soft tissue takes for ever to heal. I still pop anti-acid pills every meal and watch the things I eat like, really greasy foods or acidic foods and drinks like tomoatoes, orange juice, ESPECIALLY soft drinks, wine, even beer quadruples your stomach acid with only one 8 oz. can. I have learned that there are certain foods that set it off more than others, Beer doesn't hurt me unless I drink a 12 pack, but orange juice, coke, soda in general, and a lot of wines will instantly hurt my throat and I know.

Think about the burning sensation that a coke feels like in your mouth, that is what it's doing in your throat and stomach but that tissue down there is MUCH more sensitive.

Listen, I lost my grandmother and two of my Grandfathers to stomach related cancers, one of them was specifically esaphagus cancer. I know it's a very serious thing and the symptoms should not be ignored.
The Emory Dr. that operated on my G-father to remove his cancer said if he would have treated it when he realized he had acid issues he most likely would have not ever gotten the cancer and eventually died. He was in perfect health before that hit him.

Sorry for the long winded post but it's serious stuff. :(

Benefit
09-12-2008, 03:03 PM
stop drinking soft drinks completely...gunna fuk u up

Catnip
09-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Sorry for the long winded post but it's serious stuff. :(

Repped. :goodjob:

Julio
09-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Soda is bad for you anyways...

ISAtlanta300
09-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Drink more water instead

FasTech
09-13-2008, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't know! All I drink is water and Sweet Tea..... Never been a fan of Soda at all, once in awhile I'll order a Orange Fanta or something but I can't drink Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, etc....Anything dark because it makes me sick and throw-up.... Not sure why... But water and Sweet Tea work for me.

Thighs
09-13-2008, 11:28 AM
i get that feeling every now and then, but not so much lately. and i drink entirely too much soda.

it feels like its burning a hole in your esophagus and sometimes its bad enough to make my face feel numb. sucks. lol

tron
09-13-2008, 11:28 AM
damn....stop drinkin soda
i stopped just because i realized its not needed and water is fine

Scotsman
09-13-2008, 11:56 AM
damn....stop drinkin soda
i stopped just because i realized its not needed and water is finei've never been a fan of sodas , all i drink is gatorade and some of those new flavored waters

BKgen®
09-13-2008, 12:07 PM
stop drinking soft drinks completely...gunna fuk u up

x2

water all day long. (and the occasional beer)

j_alexia_m
09-13-2008, 12:13 PM
I hurts my tummy too. I usually pass it up for some nice, amazing red dye 40. ^_^

However, if you feel all wierd be like "i have diebetes."

BKgen®
09-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I hurts my tummy too. I usually pass it up for some nice, amazing red dye 40. ^_^

However, if you feel all wierd be like "i have diebetes."

what... the.... fvck....?

Elbow
09-13-2008, 12:28 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/9/6/e/96e10162682fdbafdb8b2cfebe1e2d34.jpg

kthxbai

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I have yet to see that one LMFAO