PDA

View Full Version : Death toll rises, & Tempers flare...

4dmin
09-01-2005, 12:33 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/

^ great article on the situation... i have a big stink w/ this whole situation...

We live in a county who helps anyone in need, you will find our troops in every part of the world, & we as americans are leaders of the free world. But what just kills me is you don't see countries coming to our aid... how much money did we give for the Tsunami victims??? ya now look at us in need and no one is here to help. it is a fucking shame. :(

Now my other huge problem... this is exactly the situations that happen when you least expect them and this is why you never spread yourself too thin. Bush has been campaigning for his bullshit war all up until the annoucement of devastation... if we didn't have so many service men scattered across the globe helping out other countries we could have 10,000s of troops down there already working to make that region stable. i personally have no sympathy for our administration and the problems they now face, b/c of their lack of vision to help their own people. even before this disaster, we still could always use all the help at home we can get.

I know some of you Bush fans are thinking, well its not his fault we are spread so thin. Bullshit we are at war w/ 2 different countries and we are a likely target right now for more attacks. Its not hard to see/read the news on how thin we are spread. if there was an attack on a city of ours right now we would be beyond devastating to the US.

I know this is just me ranting, but I feel very strongly if you can't take care of our own then you shouldn't be taking care of others.

ps. definately read that article (its 3 pages) things are getting extremely crazy down there... "a brother shot his sister in the head over a bag of ice", "shot fired at rescure helicopters", "medics scard b/c of crowd w/ guns", "National Reserve only sending 100 MP to tame crowd", etc.

SD STI LOVER
09-01-2005, 01:01 PM
damn, that's really fuked up. i can understand that people are scared and don't know what to do, but start killing other people and especially your own family is not the way to go. in one comment the mayor says,"they really aren't bad people, just scared people" well scared people don't go kill people, especially if they are in the same situation as u or even people that are trying to help u. people need a little more sense.

blacknightteg
09-01-2005, 01:04 PM
my mom told me last night that great britian and i think isreal said that they would help out at any way possible or something like that

C22H19N3O4
09-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Paul, we gave money to third world countries for the Tsunami efforts. I'm sure if those countries could help they would. Let's be realistic, did the all the money reach the grassroots efforts? I serioulsy doubt it. But, I do agree that we need to help our own. Will that actually happen? It will for a couple of months until another girl disappears on vacation. When people are made to suffer in some way, they feel this sense of entitlement, so they loot in this case. Instead of neighbors helping neighbors, it's all in the name of self entitlement. That's why this country will implode soon. I am ashamed when people from other countries watch footage of Americans stealing Hilfiger shirts during massive flooding. Is that sign of a Superpower? Desperate times call for desperate measures, but are they desperate enough to take another life to fulfill their sense of entitlement? I guess so. Louisiana, in a sense has become a third world country overnight. Imagine what people on the other side of the Earth have to endure year after year.

tony
09-01-2005, 10:45 PM
wishful thinking but maybe this can bring some of our tropps (national guard at least) home from iraq

Julio
09-02-2005, 06:41 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/

^ great article on the situation... i have a big stink w/ this whole situation...

We live in a county who helps anyone in need, you will find our troops in every part of the world, & we as americans are leaders of the free world. But what just kills me is you don't see countries coming to our aid... how much money did we give for the Tsunami victims??? ya now look at us in need and no one is here to help. it is a fucking shame. :(

Now my other huge problem... this is exactly the situations that happen when you least expect them and this is why you never spread yourself too thin. Bush has been campaigning for his bullshit war all up until the annoucement of devastation... if we didn't have so many service men scattered across the globe helping out other countries we could have 10,000s of troops down there already working to make that region stable. i personally have no sympathy for our administration and the problems they now face, b/c of their lack of vision to help their own people. even before this disaster, we still could always use all the help at home we can get.

I know some of you Bush fans are thinking, well its not his fault we are spread so thin. Bullshit we are at war w/ 2 different countries and we are a likely target right now for more attacks. Its not hard to see/read the news on how thin we are spread. if there was an attack on a city of ours right now we would be beyond devastating to the US.

I know this is just me ranting, but I feel very strongly if you can't take care of our own then you shouldn't be taking care of others.

ps. definately read that article (its 3 pages) things are getting extremely crazy down there... "a brother shot his sister in the head over a bag of ice", "shot fired at rescure helicopters", "medics scard b/c of crowd w/ guns", "National Reserve only sending 100 MP to tame crowd", etc.

Paul you my boy... But stop hatting on bush...hahahaha

"""
WASHINGTON (AP) - In an accelerating drive, more than 50 countries have pledged money or other assistance to help Americans recover from Hurricane Katrina. ""

Even venezuela & CUBA are going to help... EVEN CUBA.. holly shit.

"
The pledges blur political lines. Cuba and Venezuela have offered to help despite differences with Washington. Oil giant Saudi Arabia and small countries like Sri Lanka and Dominica are among the nations making pledges.

"

If you think about it.. Is only been "5 days" when I say 5 days is, This is the beggining of a long journey.

Another thing most other countries have major issues of themselfs right now. And still helping out how they can.

Heres a list of countries helping out

By Friday, offers had been received from Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Guatemala, Paraguay, Belgium, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Italy, Guyana, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Austria, Lithuania, Spain, Dominica, Norway, Cuba, Bahamas, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Ecuador, Iceland, India, Jordan, Luxembourg, the Philippines, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey.

NOW if you think about it.... How many of these countries would help any other Country out there? I bet you not many...

cant burn bridges with the # 1 world power...

GO BUSSSSSSSSSSSHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Brett
09-02-2005, 07:14 PM
The whole thing has been disorganized from the begining, But the people acting like animals now are the ones slowing down any progress, Help is afreaid to go in these area's for fear of getting killed themselves. These fucks are killing, raping and stealing just because they think they can.

Julio
09-02-2005, 07:40 PM
I heard this morning that 70% of the cops from NO dipped the fuck out.. now, how crazy is that shit...

Brett
09-02-2005, 07:53 PM
But can you blame them? Seriously... They are out gunned and out numbered by people who seem to view life has nothing now.

C22H19N3O4
09-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Now we can have the adults actually talk and not let the children chime in..lol. As I stated before in another thread, I am more concerned with the spread of disease and treating the elderly and children. Once viral and bacterial infections spread people won't live long enough to rebuild N.O. Days before Katrina even entered the Gulf I watched this special on the levees the Army Corp. of Engineers was building in N.O. They stated it would be able to withstand some serious water but who in fact can accurately predict how mother nature will react? IMO, the blame will be sorted out after the water recedes and many citizens of N.O have been buried. Also, as Brett pointed out, the people in N.O. are making a mockery of what America represents. The only people NOT coming together in this country are the people in N.O. We rush to aid other countries in need, but we can't help ourselves? I can imagine what other countries must think when we our killing our own citizens in an attempt to loot a Blockbuster. This IMO, is America at its' worst. This is human nature at it's worst. You can't blame mother nature and Bush for that. Blame the individual citizen that decided to rape a girl in the Superdome. Someone posted in another thread about the non-criminal behaviour during the Tsunami efforts, which I believe is factual. It's hard to fathom that third world countries can rise above a devastating crisis (as they do quite frequently ) but the lone Superpower can't even feed, shelter, and protect its' own during a national catastrophe. But, then I look at how we all came together during 9-11 and wonder where that sense of community and good will went. Desperate times do not call for raping, pillaging, and murder. That is what Bush and the political leaders of Louisiana should be ashamed of. Is that what the people of N.O are made of? Is that the foundation that most Americans are molded from? I hope not, but I do question it.
What makes me really sick is the fact that so many people who have posted (not just here but other sites I frequent), have lost the focus of what's really important....saving the lives of those remaining in N.O. I have a few friends helping with the medical efforts at the Astrodome and Superdome, and experienced the unfortunate circumstance of informing pregnant mothers that they may have lost their baby, diabetic patients who may lose an extremity, and children so dehydrated that there maybe premanent organ damage.
Am I the only one ashamed that Americans are killing and looting during a time that requires brotherhood and fellowship? Would some of us do the same thing when placed in that environment? I just think people tend to lose focus and become self-seeking when it comes to their own political/religious doctrine. But, we have to set that aside and confront the task of saving lives and getting the people of N.O. to safer place. End rant.