PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool Japanese car meet, Saturday, Oct, 25 12:30 pm

Big_Dave
09-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Here it is....The third and final Old Skool Japanese meet for this season. The past two meets have been a lot of fun. Forty-three cars showed up for the first meet, around sixty cars showed up at the second meet, so maybe we can hit one hundred cars at the last meet of the season. At the last meet parking became an issue, so we're heading to Lake Lanier for this meet. And now, for our next victim...Mary Alice park in Cumming, Ga. It has KILLER parking. We have enough room to actually say, spectators welcome. So, if you don't have an old skool car, but your interested in them, come on out.
Once again, fix what you broke at the last meet, rewrite that bill of sale, or even better, get a tag for Ol' Bessie, and get her to the meet.

mushroom_toy
09-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Ill either be there on the bike or in the car. :)

Big_Dave
09-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Old Skool Japanese motorcycles have a spot at the meet. Bring 'em if you got 'em.

Jehu
09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
I should be there...

AlliRae
09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
well... the car is down... so we might ride up there on the bike... it's not old school... but i'll wear the shirt

puregroove
09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Heck yeah!

quickdodge®
09-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Again, I say that I see a bad ass car on that flier. Thanks for the inclusion. Later, QD.

mushroom_toy
09-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I might be bringing some old british junk with me too haha.

LeX
09-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Ill either be there on the bike or in the car. :)

don't forget the 280zx shiftknob haha i'll be in debt to ya :cheers:

i'll be at the meet again. f*** me if i don't have something o/s

mushroom_toy
09-12-2008, 09:06 PM
don't forget the 280zx shiftknob haha i'll be in debt to ya :cheers:

i'll be at the meet again. f*** me if i don't have something o/s

Ill bring it just remind me like a day or two beforehand.

Elbow
09-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I'll be there

EP3sAreFun
09-12-2008, 10:19 PM
already got the day off ^_^ and if i can get around to put power steering back in the car then parking will be alot easier!

mushroom_toy
09-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Ive decided....Ill be on the bike. Gonna be driving the car to the sofa meet, so wanna mix it up a little :P

Silver280zx
09-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Ill be there in the Z

Stormhammer
09-15-2008, 12:10 AM
So far there's me and about 7 other Starions showing up ( 2 coming in from AL and one possibly from South Carolina :D )

edit: okay make that 3 from SC

K24cb7coupe
09-15-2008, 01:52 PM
what about new skool japanese bikes????

LeX
09-15-2008, 02:39 PM

anyone is welcome to come and i'm sure people will appreciate the bikes even though they're not O/S

quickdodge®
09-15-2008, 07:21 PM

This is specifically gear towards old school. But anyone is welcome to come and check it out. Later, QD.

Big_Dave
09-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Dang, it looks like the Starions might out number the rx7's!......Yeah, cd5accord, bring your new school bike, don't worry about bringing the first Toyota Starlet to one of these Old Skool meets! We have plenty of parking at this location, so come on out if you just want to ckeck out the cars and bikes.
Oh yeah,
Again, I say that I see a bad ass car on that flier. Thanks for the inclusion. Later, QD. Thanks for the props on my 77 Celica, Qd! Lol

Jehu
09-16-2008, 06:12 AM
Dang, it looks like the Starions might out number the rx7's!......
Don't jinx us! lol Mine is barely hanging on by a thread it seems! It no likey boost right now...falls flat on it's face.

But it's a month away and I have a mountain run planned before this so no excuses!

Big_Dave
09-16-2008, 08:44 AM
^^Is it a problem coming from when we all rode up to the varsity?

Jehu
09-16-2008, 09:16 AM
That day it was fine but it started doing this before then. It's just more prevalent now...

Stormhammer
09-19-2008, 11:12 AM
No worries, you'll make it - even if we have to fix your car in a parking lot. Again :lmao:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2028/oldskool031yw7.jpg

Jehu
09-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Ah yes, those are the days I hold dearest in memory!

BTW, the SQ is running good again and I have added me a 1st gen BOV!

fresh fit
09-21-2008, 09:41 PM
i will be there in the fc.

Big_Dave
09-21-2008, 10:34 PM
^^Sweet.

NAMNORI
09-23-2008, 04:13 AM
ill be there with the 83 celi

meestir_2
09-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Should be fun. I'm bringing out the 4ac. cant wait. ;p

2jzgte_mk3
09-24-2008, 02:14 PM
ILL BE THERE!!!

Big_Dave
09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
This meet is going to be off the chain. All of you new guys posting up about coming out. Plus we met up with a few more guys at the Motorsport Nationals that said they are coming out from Tennesse, Alabama, North, and South Carolina. It looks like we'll bust the 100 car mark for sure. Keep spreading the word! :goodjob:

meestir_2
09-24-2008, 07:24 PM
actually scratch the 4ac. it got dead. hopefully will have a 20v by then. but prolly not.

Big_Dave
09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
^^^Dang, that sux. Good luck with the 20v

Big_Dave
09-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Whoo hoo, checkout the pipes.

Balls
09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
wont miss this meet. hopefully more two's will show up

puregroove
09-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Bosozoku!!

I will be at the meet, fa sho. --already asked off and got someone to cover. :goodjob:

Big_Dave
09-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Bosozoku!!

I will be at the meet, fa sho. --already asked off and got someone to cover. :goodjob:

You better be there. I've had enough of those ,"I've gotta work" excuses! :taun:

NAMNORI
09-29-2008, 12:26 AM
hey i want pipes like these on my celica:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=165032&stc=1 http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=165031&stc=1 http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=165030&stc=1 http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=165034&stc=1 ho

puregroove
09-29-2008, 09:16 AM
You better be there. I've had enough of those ,"I've gotta work" excuses! :taun:

lol, I know. It's been tearin' me apart. ;)

Big_Dave
09-30-2008, 12:04 AM
check out this link to cool wheels 101. It has a few of the OG JDM rims
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008/09/03/the-101-gt-gt-cool-japanese-wheels-pt-1.aspx

Jehu
09-30-2008, 09:40 AM
I get an error on the link but the pics work...all of them look nice!

My car is not running right at this time though. Hopefully will be good by the meet though.

SpecV_Scott
09-30-2008, 11:25 AM
I now have a target date to get my Mirage swap completed. I hope my '89 isn't too new for the meet.

Big_Dave
09-30-2008, 01:56 PM
^^^I now have a target date to get my Mirage swap completed. I hope my '89 isn't too new for the meet.^^^
Your Mitsubishi isn't quite Old Skool, but come on out. We're going to have plenty of parking.
"tis the way of old skool cars. Hope it's nothing too serious. I've heard that Starion/conquest are coming from all around the South. Hope you'll be there.

I get an error on the link but the pics work...all of them look nice!

My car is not running right at this time though. Hopefully will be good by the meet though.

PostScript
09-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Add 2 more cars to the group. I'm bringing a buddy with the hammered M30 and the long over-due, semi-finished, bucket of parts Corolla haha. I've sat the last 2 meets out because i refuse to drive one of the newer cars out to these things and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! 100+ cars, lets do it!

WFOdime
10-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I might not make it unless someone wants to lend me their 510 gas tank for a few days. mines got rust.

LeX
10-01-2008, 11:42 AM
I might not make it unless someone wants to lend me their 510 gas tank for a few days. mines got rust.

dude ur gonna have a hell of a time finding one haha. I know one guy that has one cheap but he's very very hard to reach I can see if I can get in touch with him for you

WFOdime
10-01-2008, 03:47 PM
dude ur gonna have a hell of a time finding one haha. I know one guy that has one cheap but he's very very hard to reach I can see if I can get in touch with him for you

If you could that would be the amazing. How chep? (I'm a broke college student)

impreza_rsk
10-01-2008, 07:16 PM
What Classifies as old school? Just wondering if a first gen Impreza classifies?

quickdodge®
10-01-2008, 07:52 PM
What Classifies as old school? Just wondering if a first gen Impreza classifies?

That would be 1993, right? Not even close, man. You got about another 10 years to go. But come out anyway. Spectators are always welcome. Later, QD.

impreza_rsk
10-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Then how come every one says I am driving an old school impreza? I would bring out the Lancia Zagato but I really dont think you jap guys would except it.
after all this is a jap meet and not an all import meet. so never mind.
and yes it is a 93 Impreza (first year it was released).

fresh fit
10-01-2008, 10:01 PM
i would be there for sure if my rx7 didnt get atacked by a sledge hammer.......

Stormhammer
10-02-2008, 11:51 AM
^^^I now have a target date to get my Mirage swap completed. I hope my '89 isn't too new for the meet.^^^
Your Mitsubishi isn't quite Old Skool, but come on out. We're going to have plenty of parking.
"tis the way of old skool cars. Hope it's nothing too serious. I've heard that Starion/conquest are coming from all around the South. Hope you'll be there.

technically speaking a lot of other cars that show up aren't old school either then -coughsae86scoughs-

:D

So far it looks like about 12-13 of us are going to be showing. We're going to outnumber you bitches.

quickdodge®
10-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Then how come every one says I am driving an old school impreza?
It may be an Imprezza thing. Either that or they don't know what old school is. Just like Integras. They aren't old school either, but I guess the people in the Integra circle call the 1st gens old school Integras. But in looking at the overall automotive dealings, the general cut off date is around 1983. Later, QD.

Big_Dave
10-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Below, the Japanese Classic Carshow registration information...It says all pre-1985 japanese cars...maybe this will clear up the question of what is old skool. By the way Stormhammer the Ae86 I got is a 1984 what year is your Starion? Cough1987,1988Cough? hmm.

Welcome Vendors Sponsors Press Release Register Contact Directions Links

For Immediate Release
June 2 2008
Hawaiian Gardens, California
Japanese Classic Car Show Association
Event Address: 8800 Irvine Center Dr. Irvine, CA 92618

The JCCS (Japanese Classic Car Show) America's original all-marque old-school Japanese car show, is an event whose time has come. The concept of a Japanese car being considered a classic is no longer an oxymoron. Come and celebrate your own fond memories of Japanese cars, or perhaps create some new ones, as you stroll among the 400 + pre-1985 Japanese cars expected at the event, held October 12 at Hidden Valley park in Irvine.

Time has gone by so quickly…was it really just four years ago, in 2005, when the thought of a “classic Japanese” car show generated both curiosity and controversy from those who did (and those who refused to) attend? It seemed as if there were many insurmountable obstacles to overcome. Yet we knew that we were not alone in our enthusiasm for vintage Japanese cars: we have met many classic Japanese-car owners here in southern California, the land of eternal sunshine, whether it’s at our JCCS events, at other car events around Southern California, through our website, or even in junkyards, looking for parts to keep their pride and joy alive that much longer!

JCCS deeply appreciates the warm and overwhelming support from all the owners, local car clubs, overseas friends, sponsors and visitors who have supported us since the beginning, when we were just starting out. The success of this event has everything to do with you … and we’re profoundly grateful to you all! You have inspired us and made us proud to keep going.

Our growth has been so tremendous, that we have a new location for this year’s event: Hidden Valley Park in Irvine, CA. All of our cars will be parked on a field of green, a beautiful, pastoral setting in which we can enjoy the show. This year’s theme color, green, comes from both our own rapid growth and as a celebration of the show’s new home. That growth could only have come from people who have become friends with JCCS, and the Chinese character/Japanese kanji in our famous Hanafuda image (flower card) means “Friends.” To us, all of these things are intertwined and together in our hearts and minds.

In that spirit, all Japanese car marques, including (but not limited to) Toyota, Nissan/Datsun, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Honda, Isuzu, Daihatsu, Hino, and Prince are invited to participate. Please join us and be a part of Japanese car history in the USA! The 4th Annual Japanese Classic Car Show will be held at the Hidden Valley Park, Irvine, California. This event, the first of its kind in America, is open to the public from 9am to 3pm. Admission: $5 for adults, kids under 12 free! Spectator parking is just $5 at the gate. Food and Drink will be available, and a family play yard will be open for spectators. Vehicle registration opens on-line July 1st at www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com … sign up quickly, as only limited entry is available. No registration at the gate. You can pack a picnic lunch or feed your family from our on-site vendors. But whatever you do, be there!

Press Release 2007 LINK

Press Release 2006 LINK

Press Release 2005 LINK

"Kyu-sha shu-kai" stands for Classic Car Meeeting

Welcome Vendors Sponsors Press Release Register Contact Directions Links

Japanese Classic Car Show Association
P.O.Box 1400, Hawaiian Gardens, CA. 90716
Copyright 2005 Japanese Classic Car Show Association. All rights reserved.

impreza_rsk
10-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Actually old school or old skool, as it is actually spelled is constantly changing so there is no definition so it is up for interpretation, but to most automotive groups in the world the dividing line is the year 2000. You just want to exclude anything that is post 1985, But I understand it is all about interpretation just like the Police interpret the law to their benefit. "Nostalgic" could better describe your meet. "don't bother checking Wikipedia they are deleting the definition of "Old School" as it is constantly changing. I already checked. Also checked urban dictionary. the number one definition was"Anything that is from an earlier era and looked upon with high regard or respect. Can be used to refer to music, clothing, language, or anything really", and pre 2000 is considered to be an earlier era.

quickdodge®
10-03-2008, 05:26 AM
Actually old school or old skool, as it is actually spelled

It is actually spelled o-l-d s-c-h-o-o-l. "Skool" is just a ghetto-fied way to spell it.

is constantly changing so there is no definition so it is up for interpretation, but to most automotive groups in the world the dividing line is the year 2000. You just want to exclude anything that is post 1985, But I understand it is all about interpretation just like the Police interpret the law to their benefit. "Nostalgic" could better describe your meet. "don't bother checking Wikipedia they are deleting the definition of "Old School" as it is constantly changing. I already checked. Also checked urban dictionary. the number one definition was"Anything that is from an earlier era and looked upon with high regard or respect. Can be used to refer to music, clothing, language, or anything really", and pre 2000 is considered to be an earlier era.

You have to be kidding right? This entire post is pointless. Not only is it completely fiction, but you're making all this because (I guess) you're pissed off because you've been "schooled" about your car by people who really know. Now there's no sense in tearing this thread up with your nonsense. If you want to continue to hash this out, make a new thread in the GENERAL CAR TALK section and I'll/we'll be glad to "school" you some more on why you seem to have nothing to add to this. Leave this thread for the meet. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
10-03-2008, 05:44 AM
If you want to continue to hash this out, make a new thread in the GENERAL CAR TALK section and I'll/we'll be glad to "school" you some more on why you seem to have nothing to add to this. Leave this thread for the meet. Later, QD.

Ooops. I did it again. LINK!!! (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37219992#post37219992)

Now please leave this thread out of it. Later, QD.

Big_Dave
10-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I really consider the AE86 as the first of the new school cars or last of the old school corolla,they have more in common with RWD TE series corollas. I really feel around 1986 was the last year of old school cars because most auto manufacturers had finally switched to fuel injection and a more modern or luxurious interiors. For example, the 300zx started in 1984 ran through 1989 but is mre of a new style car in terms of weight and luxury options.
Some cars such as the AE 86, Mitsubishi starion, the NissanZX series, and 200Sx were started in the early eighties. So I feel we can't just put a year model as the cut off. I feel the 240 sx is a modern era car even a 1989.
I also feel like an old skool is a car where ingenuity is as important as having money. Let me explain...A person can buy pretty much any honda or 240sx and as long as they can bolt on the "pre-engineered" parts they bought off of E-bay or a magazine they can build a fast or "custom" car with a minimal amount of effort. Take an old skool car like a "75 Datsun 710 or a '74 Toyota corona Mark II, for example, there are no new body panels available, no "easy" bolt in engine upgrades. If your old skool you know it, because you and your old skool friends scratched your heads and figured out by trial and error how to bring this cool azz car back to life and out on to the streets to kick some new cookie cutter style car's a**.

NAMNORI
10-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Actually in everyone wamts to get technical with this topic anything 20-25 yrs old is considered a classic.Anything over 25 years old is considered an antique. do your math and figure it all out my 83 celica is considered what????

its borderline antique so hey i can definitly say im old skool
btw QD what does the spelling matter to you? :blah: :blah: :blah:

impreza_rsk
10-03-2008, 03:04 PM
So I feel we can't just put a year model as the cut off. **.
wise words. Another definition is " Something from the previous decade and before". Therefor 1990 - 1999 would be included in the era of "old school" or "old skool" however you want to spell it. The Urban dictionary is a pretty good place if you want to get a pretty good idea of what something means. Ignorance will be the downfall of society. So I will leave you to your exclusion club.

impreza_rsk
10-03-2008, 03:05 PM
"classic"

NAMNORI
10-03-2008, 03:12 PM
hey man by no means am i knocking your ride and from what ive read everyone is welcome to come out im just trying to inform QD about the true definition of the word classic if you consider your impreza a classic b/c it the first year of its release thats cool with me.!!!

quickdodge®
10-03-2008, 08:40 PM
btw QD what does the spelling matter to you? :blah: :blah: :blah:

I didn't bring up spelling moron. Your buddy that you're trying to defend did. Ask him.

im just trying to inform QD about the true definition of the word classic

You don't inform me of a goddamn thing, junior. Later, QD.

Silver280zx
10-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Actually old school or old skool, as it is actually spelled is constantly changing so there is no definition so it is up for interpretation, but to most automotive groups in the world the dividing line is the year 2000. You just want to exclude anything that is post 1985, But I understand it is all about interpretation just like the Police interpret the law to their benefit. "Nostalgic" could better describe your meet. "don't bother checking Wikipedia they are deleting the definition of "Old School" as it is constantly changing. I already checked. Also checked urban dictionary. the number one definition was"Anything that is from an earlier era and looked upon with high regard or respect. Can be used to refer to music, clothing, language, or anything really", and pre 2000 is considered to be an earlier era.

Actually if you want to get technical, oldschool is anything 25 years old or older.

Hey dave, just got my new msa custom exhaust on the Z. Its going to be at the meet, its sounds f'ing redicoulous. Your going to want this exhaust for the maxima when you hear it.

Me86Rob
10-03-2008, 09:45 PM
ill be there in my 300z

Big_Dave
10-04-2008, 01:36 AM
If I hear one more thing about how to spell or what is old sckhoool, I'm gonna delete this thread.....Just joking! I think this is funny. It's not an "exclusion club" Everyone is invited to come out, and it will be a fun day with alot of cars that aren't seen on the road anymore. Im sure that there will be as many modern cars there as there are Old School, Skool, Classic, Nostalgic, Antique tagged, 20 to 25 year old cars that were made in Japan before Japanese cars were made in America. But, If your not Ol' Skool, We've got a place for you to park. That area will probably be it's own car meet in and of itself. Hope to see everyone out there. October 25, Mary Alice Park 12:00 pm

superboost
10-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I can make it this time. Hopefully I can bring my neo-school swedish death trap with me.

impreza_rsk
10-04-2008, 01:46 AM
You might want to check out an article Sport Compact Car wrote it is called "Old School Rules". Go check it out then let me know what you perspective of the term old school. type in a search engine "old school rules" sport compact car.

Stormhammer
10-04-2008, 02:04 AM
You might want to check out an article Sport Compact Car wrote it is called "Old School Rules". Go check it out then let me know what you perspective of the term old school. type in a search engine "old school rules" sport compact car.

impreza_rsk - I get your point, but a GC8 being considered old school is really only within the Impreza community itself. Unless you throw some wantanabe's and mimick the styling of the 70s and 80s.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/fivehunsky/100_1119.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/bajasoobnut/WCSS10/P8160089.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/azfast1/CIMG6298.jpg

Those are really what I, at least, would define as old school ( which you can look it up, when related to cars, directly correlates to the world nolstalgic )

Still come on out though :D

Also those SCC articles consider a 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 old school. And a 1991 300ZX. Old supercars? Yes. Old school/nolstalgic.... ehhh, not so much.

Big_Dave
10-04-2008, 02:06 AM
^^^It not up for discussion, Impreza dude!^^^ I never have read sport compact car and never will.^^^ Come check out the meet if you want to, but leave this dumbass subject alone.

Big_Dave
10-04-2008, 02:12 AM
:yes: I want one of those Subaru vans in a bad way

quickdodge®
10-04-2008, 03:39 AM
but leave this dumbass subject alone.

I've already tried to get these people to leave this out of the thread (that's why I made an entirely different thread on it), but they can't read well enough to leave it alone. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
10-04-2008, 03:48 AM
ok just give me a straight yes or no answer. im not trying to be dumb or ignorant here, but my car is an 86 model. but the car was the exact same from 84 through 86. if i show, are yall gonna let me park with the old school cars, or make me park with spectators. whatever yall decide, is fine with me. i wont argue

Big_Dave
10-04-2008, 10:00 AM
LexiZ31,

I'm saying that according to a pre 1985 guideline, that your car falls into the Old School category. YOUR IN! Just like 200 sx, Ae86, starion/conquests, and I Know I'll catch some flack for this but, third gen Supras (final evolution of the m series engines)

quickdodge®
10-04-2008, 10:07 AM
^^^ You have PM...ASAP!!! Later, QD.

Me86Rob
10-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Ok thank you! and maybe, if yall are lucky,sometime next year ill be able to get my minty fresh 80k orig miles hachi out there :ninja:

Stormhammer
10-04-2008, 02:11 PM
**** the Z, bring the 86

impreza_rsk
10-04-2008, 03:48 PM
No thank. never been a fan of people showing off their stuff unless any one can participate.

quickdodge®
10-04-2008, 05:43 PM
No thank. never been a fan of people showing off their stuff unless any one can participate.
Bye bye. Later, QD.

LeX
10-04-2008, 05:52 PM
LOL..... i may have a surprise car for the meet, or maybe not

Stormhammer
10-04-2008, 06:15 PM
LOL..... i may have a surprise car for the meet, or maybe not

is it a Subaru? :ninja: :lmfao:

NAMNORI
10-06-2008, 12:41 AM
actually qd i can and will inform anyone whatever i damn well please. if you dont like it kick rocks bit*h. have a nice day. tomorrow will be just like today was, another informative day by me!

LeX
10-06-2008, 01:30 AM
is it a Subaru? :ninja: :lmfao:

ass

:lmfao:

quickdodge®
10-06-2008, 05:34 AM
actually qd i can and will inform anyone whatever i damn well please.

You're not informing anyone of anything. Just because you post doesn't make it true. You know about as much about old school as Dr. Seuss knows football.

if you dont like it kick rocks bit*h.

"Kick rocks?" The hail is that?

have a nice day. tomorrow will be just like today was, another informative day by me!

I've asked you once and I'm not sure why you can't read this, but post your crap in the other thread I made. It would be better for you if you didn't post at all, but at least leave a thread about the meet about the meet. The other thread was for this. Later, QD.

batdude8
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
I think I might make it out to this... if the Starion is stull running then. LOL

Stormhammer
10-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I think I might make it out to this... if the Starion is stull running then. LOL

lol this was the meet I was talking about in the PM

bring it :D There's already about 15 of us coming

We're going to outnumber almost every other car there :D Except maybe the FB, those cheap sloots.

topsecret2JZ
10-06-2008, 10:49 PM
so what exactly is consideredold, i wanna come does a 92 count :)

fresh fit
10-06-2008, 11:14 PM
i got my new fc today so i should be there. even though its not officially old school.

Big_Dave
10-07-2008, 03:14 AM
so what exactly is consideredold, i wanna come does a 92 count :)
If your cars bodystyle started around 1985, It's old skool. But, come on out we'll have plenty of parking space.

Stormhammer
10-07-2008, 04:23 PM
dear god - if this one guy can find someone to tag along with him, we'll have people from Maryland showing up :bump:

I'm just really hoping that attendance will not be a let down :cry:

Dave - is there any way to get a tally so far?

BUGMAN
10-07-2008, 09:39 PM
If your cars bodystyle started around 1985, It's old skool. But, come on out we'll have plenty of parking space.

Good save me a spot beside you so I can park my Stang safely. :boobies:

Wassup man!

Big_Dave
10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Stormhammmer, I've tried to do some kind of a talley for the meet, we've got 50 people coming from phone calls we've made to friends we know. I'll hit up the OG/TA guys, they will probably be coming with about 25 rotaries. This isn't including anyone from IA, or the many different forums that many of us are posting on. So I'm still pedicting 100 cars and possibly more.

Wazzup Bugman! Hope you guys come out. How's the Honda coming along?

quickdodge®
10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Stormhammmer, I've tried to do some kind of a talley for the meet, we've got 50 people coming from phone calls we've made to friends we know. I'll hit up the OG/TA guys, they will probably be coming with about 25 rotaries. This isn't including anyone from IA, or the many different forums that many of us are posting on. So I'm still pedicting 100 cars and possibly more.

I'm still planning on Saturday, dude. Later, QD.

BUGMAN
10-08-2008, 10:19 PM

Missing you guys!!! I think Austin and myself are gonna have to ride out and crash on ya in the next day or two. Be watching, ya never know when I am gonna show up at your door step. :cheers:

I haven't touched the Honda yet but I have everything here to finish her up completely. Thanks for the help on that lil thing. :goodjob:

Big_Dave
10-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah, you guys come by anytime! I'm about to do the final prime, and start jambing out the 61 Impala. If Austin wants to come and check out the process tell him, he is welcome to do so.

Missing you guys!!! I think Austin and myself are gonna have to ride out and crash on ya in the next day or two. Be watching, ya never know when I am gonna show up at your door step. :cheers:

I haven't touched the Honda yet but I have everything here to finish her up completely. Thanks for the help on that lil thing. :goodjob:

mushroom_toy
10-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Guess I wont be there the bike is officially down and I prob. wont drive the Honda. :(

2jzgte_mk3
10-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Here it is....The third and final Old Skool Japanese meet for this season. The past two meets have been a lot of fun. Forty-three cars showed up for the first meet, around sixty cars showed up at the second meet, so maybe we can hit one hundred cars at the last meet of the season. At the last meet parking became an issue, so we're heading to Lake Lanier for this meet. And now, for our next victim...Mary Alice park in Cumming, Ga. It has KILLER parking. We have enough room to actually say, spectators welcome. So, if you don't have an old skool car, but your interested in them, come on out.
Once again, fix what you broke at the last meet, rewrite that bill of sale, or even better, get a tag for Ol' Bessie, and get her to the meet.

Is my mk3 considered old school? :goodjob:

quickdodge®
10-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Is my mk3 considered old school?

No, not quite. But close. Bring it out anyways. Later, QD.

Big_Dave
10-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Dang man, what happened to the bike? Come on out in the Honda, your body style started in, what? 1986? I know you've done alot of work to your car, and there are not many Catalog parts for your Honda's body style. Hope to see you there, if you can make it out.

Guess I wont be there the bike is officially down and I prob. wont drive the Honda. :(

Stormhammer
10-10-2008, 08:55 AM
So, Gilbert might be coming out :D ( Dave, you know him - 300ZX fan, used to own a nice white widebody with an 83 hood )

Jehu, I see you in this thread. You better come.

Big_Dave
10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah I know Gilbert, He's cool. What's he driving now? does he still have his 300zx?

EP3sAreFun
10-10-2008, 09:57 AM
like 2 weeks away and i've got so much crap to do >_<

Jehu
10-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Jehu, I see you in this thread. You better come.
I'm working on it! lol

I might not (probably won't actually) make it on my mountain run but I think I can swing an afternoon event, with an SQ or not...it's too close for me not to!

mushroom_toy
10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Dang man, what happened to the bike? Come on out in the Honda, your body style started in, what? 1986? I know you've done alot of work to your car, and there are not many Catalog parts for your Honda's body style. Hope to see you there, if you can make it out.

Ran out of oil on the highway, couldnt get anyoen to help me bring it home, so I put some oil in it headed home and i think the engine seized up about 5-6 miles from my house. So I walked with my bike back to the house....and im done with it for a while. After walking it back 6 miles up and down hill, I dont want to mess with it for a while. Im pretty sure its pretty fucked though.

Big_Dave
10-10-2008, 02:22 PM
^^^Dude that sucks! Bring the Honda, and hang out a while. It will be a good time.^^^

Me86Rob
10-12-2008, 03:05 PM
woot ill be there in the Z! :ninja:

sidewayz13b
10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
I'll show up to this one, now that i'm off on weekends.

87' mazda rx7 dd

Big_Dave
10-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Glad to hear your going to come out in your ZX. If you need any parts let me know. We have a couple for parts.

fresh fit
10-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I'll show up to this one, now that i'm off on weekends.

87' mazda rx7 dd
yay another fc!!!!!!!

WFOdime
10-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I will not have the dime running in time but I will still try to make it in either a z31 or a first gen mr2.

Big_Dave
10-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Sound like we're going to have a lot of Rx7's, and Starions.
WFOdime, Glad to hear you are coming out. Either car is a cool car. Bring 'em both! Lol!!

Stormhammer
10-13-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm throwing this up on Club4AG to actually give the 86 guys a chance :lmao:

fresh fit
10-13-2008, 08:27 PM
i need a number to call someone from zero garage asap!

puregroove
10-13-2008, 08:41 PM
i need a number to call someone from zero garage asap!

pm rt132kp61

quickdodge®
10-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Is it about this meet? If so, you can hit me up in PM.

If not, send him a PM. He gets on late in the evening. Later, QD.

fresh fit
10-13-2008, 08:55 PM
na its about my car. i need to do some work but i dont have the right stuff to do it. i want to see if they can help. i p.m.ed him.

Is it about this meet? If so, you can hit me up in PM.

If not, send him a PM. He gets on late in the evening. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
10-13-2008, 08:57 PM
na its about my car. i need to do some work but i dont have the right stuff to do it. i want to see if they can help. i p.m.ed him.

Gotcha! Later, QD.

Stormhammer
10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
up on East Coast Toyotas

kenneth-m
10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
how many do we have showing up to the last meet

Big_Dave
10-14-2008, 10:16 PM
We had 63 cars at the last meet. I know we have that many confirmations already. The OG/TA (rx7 guys) Have people coming from several states. One guy said he's coming from Virginia. (9 more days)

Me86Rob
10-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Glad to hear your going to come out in your ZX. If you need any parts let me know. We have a couple for parts.

PM'D!:goodjob: :goodjob:

Big_Dave
10-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Lexi, I got your PM. I'll check and see if we have the parts you need. I'll PM you when I find out. We should have 'em.

LeX
10-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Lexi, I got your PM. I'll check and see if we have the parts you need. I'll PM you when I find out. We should have 'em.

want a recently rebuilt L24 and tranny? I'm not going to need it i'm sure you guys have a use

Big_Dave
10-15-2008, 03:55 PM
want a recently rebuilt L24 and tranny? I'm not going to need it i'm sure you guys have a use
Is it a Z-car L24 and a 4 speed? Are you going to make it to the meet?

Me86Rob
10-15-2008, 11:17 PM

yea dude just let me know how much $$$. ill try to gather up some spare change

LeX
10-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Is it a Z-car L24 and a 4 speed? Are you going to make it to the meet?

i'm going to try to be there... I don't have a way of bringing the engine but the engine is located in woodstock and i own it, i just don't have the means to remove it so it's yours if you want it. I think it's originally tranny so it's a 4spd with L24 out of a 72 240z

WFOdime
10-16-2008, 12:46 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/879621049.html

^^^someone needs to buy this and bring it to the meet.

RGRacing
10-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Will trade it for a 67 Datsun 411.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/879621049.html

^^^someone needs to buy this and bring it to the meet.

Big_Dave
10-17-2008, 12:29 AM
What's up Roland? You coming to the Old Skool meet? Ozzy has a nice 74 corolla Mango with a 4age with dual sidedrafts for $2500.00. It's a pretty solid car with fresh paint. He might do some trading. Anyone else interested PM me and I'll get you in touch with him.

Will trade it for a 67 Datsun 411.

aws140
10-17-2008, 10:40 AM
How late do the meets usually run? Ive wanted to make it out to past meets, but was unable to. Id like to come to this meet, but I have to work every Saturday until about 4-5.

Me86Rob
10-17-2008, 12:55 PM
What's up Roland? You coming to the Old Skool meet? Ozzy has a nice 74 corolla Mango with a 4age with dual sidedrafts for $2500.00. It's a pretty solid car with fresh paint. He might do some trading. Anyone else interested PM me and I'll get you in touch with him.

PM'd again!

Big_Dave
10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
PM'd again!
I got your PM. I sent you his number. It's a cool car. Good luck!

quickdodge®
10-17-2008, 07:38 PM
How late do the meets usually run? Ive wanted to make it out to past meets, but was unable to. Id like to come to this meet, but I have to work every Saturday until about 4-5.

They run until... This one starts at around 12pm, so it will probably run until around 6. Not too sure, though. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
10-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Next Saturday, people. Later, QD.

BUGMAN
10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
I just realized that this is the same day as our Halloween Party for the kids. Whew not sure if I can swing em both but we will see what we can do.

DVSRX-7
10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
im bringing my 7 out again... i went to the last meet and it was great.... oh and for the starion guys... the rx7s will not be beat.. lol Rotary Power!!!

Big_Dave
10-19-2008, 10:54 PM
I just realized that this is the same day as our Halloween Party for the kids. Whew not sure if I can swing em both but we will see what we can do.
That's cool man. If you can make it out, come on out. If you can't, I know you guys will have fun!

As for the Rx7's and the Starions....I bet more rx7's for sure, but I bet Starions show from more states! It's gonna be cool.

Stormhammer
10-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Hey Dave, are you planning on doing a caravan of sorts?

Big_Dave
10-20-2008, 02:23 PM
^^^We're planning on leaving from the shop around 10:00 am. Anyone is welcome to ride to Mary Alice Park with us. We probably have 10 to 15 cars riding together now.

puregroove
10-20-2008, 02:52 PM
^^^We're planning on leaving from the shop around 10:00 am. Anyone is welcome to ride to Mary Alice Park with us. We probably have 10 to 15 cars riding together now.

I will most likely try to join, you guys. :goodjob:

Balls
10-20-2008, 04:06 PM
if anyone wants to ride out from lawrenceville we got a group meeting at lubys around 1100 am.

quickdodge®
10-20-2008, 07:37 PM

What path are you guys going to take?

Remember the "plan" I had for when we got there (early)? Later, QD.

Silver280zx
10-21-2008, 09:50 PM
I can probably meet you guys at the shop and caravan up there in the Z

DVSRX-7
10-22-2008, 04:03 AM
does anyone live in norcross/lilburn? i live right next to indian trial and i wuld want to follow someone to the meet.. knowing me without maps or navi... ill end up in tennesee still waiting for everyone else haha.. pm me please..

puregroove
10-22-2008, 08:58 AM
does anyone live in norcross/lilburn? i live right next to indian trial and i wuld want to follow someone to the meet.. knowing me without maps or navi... ill end up in tennesee still waiting for everyone else haha.. pm me please..

Here's a link on how to get there from Pleasant Hill Rd.:http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=pleasant+hill+rd,+duluth,+ga&daddr=1820+Mary+Alice+Park+Rd,+Cumming,+GA+30041+( Cuming+City+of+Mary+Alice+Park)&hl=en&geocode=%3BFenMCQIdfbn8-iEDf_F-YniGRQ&mra=ls&sll=34.085649,-84.093475&sspn=0.416841,0.804749&ie=UTF8&z=11

or you can join the caravan at Zero Garage. :goodjob:

3 more days, everybody!!

gt4rcdude
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM

I live in Snellville. I'll be doing the 285/400 route 'cuz I hate traffic lights. I live near Indian Trail/Bethany Church and hwy 78.

BABY J
10-22-2008, 02:57 PM
See ya there. No Datto 510 this time - I've been in GA for only 4 days in the last 3.5 months. But the 77 Civic will be in attendance.

Me86Rob
10-22-2008, 03:03 PM
bad news guys the Z wont be making it. some stuff came up and i cant drive her right now. but ill be there iin my crustang. looking foward to meeting all of yall

brownhornet
10-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Trying to make it out.

BTW, good looking out on the Motorsports Nationals thing:goodjob:

DVSRX-7
10-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks PureGroove.. Saved it to my fone lol.. If I dnt make it.. Na na wait... I'm goin to make it! I took the day off!!.. Haha.. Rotary Power!! Lol..

quickdodge®
10-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Trying to make it out.

BTW, good looking out on the Motorsports Nationals thing:goodjob:

You're title says "ol school pimpin." What old school do you have? Later, QD.

brownhornet
10-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Ol school pimpin was more of a reference to my personality. I do however own a 86 Merkur XR4TI. Unfortunately, it is down for now, and won't make it to the meet. I'm still planning on coming out to check out the rides though. It should be a good time.

Silver280zx
10-22-2008, 09:22 PM
It looks like i might not be meeting you guys up at the shop, i wont be able to get there that early. Ill just meet you guys up there.

quickdodge®
10-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Ol school pimpin was more of a reference to my personality. I do however own a 86 Merkur XR4TI. Unfortunately, it is down for now, and won't make it to the meet. I'm still planning on coming out to check out the rides though. It should be a good time.

Personality? Ok, then. Merkur XR4TI, although not old school, is a fucking cool ass ride. I used to want one of those waaay back in the day. Lolol. Hope you can make it. And you're right, it should be a blast. Later, QD.

BABY J
10-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Merkur XR4TIs are kool if you can keep them from catching on fire - :)

mushroom_toy
10-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Well......I am coming. XD Cant wait to take some pictures. :) Address??

Plug: Anyone want to buy my intercooler, cash offers??

LeX
10-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Well......I am coming. XD Cant wait to take some pictures. :) Address??

Plug: Anyone want to buy my intercooler, cash offers??

still got the 280zx knob LOL?

RGRacing
10-23-2008, 01:31 AM
If anyone needs any rotary parts let me Dave or John know. We will all have a list of some of the parts. old skool to 1985 RX7. Look for the Brown RX3!

DVSRX-7
10-23-2008, 01:38 AM
will u guys have any block off plates? or suspension if yes pm me thanks...

RGRacing
10-23-2008, 02:30 AM
Exactly what do you need?
My email is
[email protected]

mushroom_toy
10-23-2008, 02:34 AM
still got the 280zx knob LOL?

Ill bring it to ya....youll have to find me XD

superboost
10-23-2008, 09:22 AM
old swedish shall make a guest appearance.

LeX
10-23-2008, 10:48 AM
gonna be there in the subaru! sorry folks hahaha.. Allie i know you said you'd prob bring your RS you better :)

SpecV_Scott
10-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Didn't get my Mirage done in time (waiting on parts, and it's too new of a car anyway), so I'll be driving the Miata and parking it in a corner somewhere. My buddy will be bringing his AE86 (the one I posted in the FS forum).

BABY J
10-23-2008, 03:04 PM
^^ make sure you find me - haven't seen u in years. :)

Baby J

SpecV_Scott
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Definitely man! I look a little different, but I should be able to spot you.

quickdodge®
10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
old swedish shall make a guest appearance.

You know this is a Japanese meet, right?

But alas, next year, we are looking at a few things so keep your head up. But of course stop by.

Later, QD.

quickdodge®
10-23-2008, 09:59 PM
WEATHER REPORT FOR SATURDAY!!!

So far, it looks like the weather will hold up for this. High to be around 67 degrees with a low of 41. Precip is at 20% so that's decent. Later, QD.

mushroom_toy
10-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Rain or shine Im pumped....

On another note I found an early 80s civic that looks to be abandoned around here...im gonna have to check it out. :)

Big_Dave
10-24-2008, 04:32 AM
This meets gonna be out of control! We've been on the phone with people just finding out about this meet, for a large part of yesterday. We had 10 new people claim they will be at the meet on Saturday.
www.rockauto.com (http://www.rockauto.com/), sent us some magnets, flyers, and a gift certificate to give away.
Grassroots Motorsports sent us this email:
This is just a quick note to let ya'll know the next Grassroots Motorsports has a lot of Datsun, Nissan and Z content in it, including a 240Z/RX7 head-to-head showdown, a road test of the GT-R, and even an appearance by the 300ZX in our "Budget Supercars" feature. If you'd like to offer your club members a free copy of this issue, just have them go to http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/tryz258/ by Nov. 17. If you'd like a GRM logo for your websites--or anything else--just drop me a line. Tim Baxter - Online EditorGrassroots MotorsportsClassic Motorsports

Hit this link up, and get a copy of GRM! See everyone Saturday. :goodjob:

quickdodge®
10-24-2008, 05:22 AM
Hit this link up, and get a copy of GRM! See everyone Saturday. :goodjob:

SENT!!!

This is getting good, folks. Later, QD.

NAMNORI
10-24-2008, 05:51 AM
hey guys comin out in the 83 celica sounds like its gonna be wild

Stormhammer
10-24-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm trying to touch base with everyone on my end :lmao:

I'm excited. Dave, you've officially pioneered a movement in a region in the span of a summer.

LeX
10-24-2008, 09:47 AM
ah fine fine there's too much work for me not to bring out the 240z so i'll deal with the crazy wheel shudder and lack of knowing if i have enough gas :P

mushroom_toy
10-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Ill be there till around 3 or 4 but im gonna get there early....I hate having to go to work on a sat. Time to start washing the car... XD Good old rain and wind....hope the rain doesnt blow in the carport.

Im bringing my intercooler, someone buy it form me pleaseeeeee.

Stormhammer
10-24-2008, 10:23 AM
We should have a swap meet!

I'll bring my Ronals :ninja:

Me86Rob
10-24-2008, 10:25 AM
LOOKKIN FOWARD TO IT! still trying to decide if i want to risk brinng the Z. rtk....any word on them parts dude?

mushroom_toy
10-24-2008, 10:26 AM
We should have a swap meet!

I'll bring my Ronals :ninja:

Do it lol....I think everyone should bring stuff....hell it is a classic meet why not make it a classic swap meet.

Stormhammer
10-24-2008, 10:42 AM
two of those rims still have tires on them :( guess I oughta ditch the tires

Hopefully I can baby my car there. A certain someone punked out on assisting ( I can't do this in my driveway, our garage is full ) for changing my master cylinder ( wrong one was installed :lmao: ) and my clutch is either done for or glazed over :(

mushroom_toy
10-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I Cant Wait.

Big_Dave
10-24-2008, 11:56 AM
To Lex and Lexi, c'mon, take a risk, a little wheel shudder, random problems, and who has an O/S car with a working gas guage anyhow? Where's that Old Skool spirit? Bring a tool bag, and ride out. (10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 22mm, a pair of vice grips, needle nose plires, 2 screwdrivers + -, pocket knife, black tape, and some zip ties.) LOL.
As far as a swap meet is concerned, it's in the works. Parks won't let people have yard sales, or swap meets and such. We've got a good lead for a "pay" location that we could do 1 real show a year, with vendors, a swap meet, and some other cool stuff. Keep the ideas coming, and PM me. if you would like to get more involved with zerogarage.
Thanks for your help and advice QD!

LeX
10-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Ill bring it to ya....youll have to find me XD

what car u gonna be in?

Me86Rob
10-24-2008, 12:02 PM
To Lex and Lexi, c'mon, take a risk, a little wheel shudder, random problems, and who has an O/S car with a working gas guage anyhow? Where's that Old Skool spirit? Bring a tool bag, and ride out. (10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 22mm, a pair of vice grips, needle nose plires, 2 screwdrivers + -, pocket knife, black tape, and some zip ties.) LOL.
As far as a swap meet is concerned, it's in the works. Parks won't let people have yard sales, or swap meets and such. We've got a good lead for a "pay" location that we could do 1 real show a year, with vendors, a swap meet, and some other cool stuff. Keep the ideas coming, and PM me. if you would like to get more involved with zerogarage.
Thanks for your help and advice QD!

my risk isnt a messed up car. my Z is illegal as fawk. no tags

LeX
10-24-2008, 12:02 PM
yep i'll be out there with some reserve gas in a can! :)

lmk Dave if you guys want that L24 and tranny i talked to John about. Only supposed to be 600 miles on it since rebuild and has A/C compressor I think as well

RandomGuy
10-24-2008, 01:02 PM
im probably going to come by

mushroom_toy
10-24-2008, 01:44 PM
what car u gonna be in?

The super accord of course.

Big_Dave
10-25-2008, 12:09 AM
69 degrees and mostly sunny tomorrow....Looks like the weather is going to be nice for the meet.

puregroove
10-25-2008, 12:33 AM
69 degrees and mostly sunny tomorrow....Looks like the weather is going to be nice for the meet.

yeah!

I'm not gonna get much sleep--gotta make preparations. :D

mushroom_toy
10-25-2008, 12:50 AM
yeah!

I'm not gonna get much sleep--gotta make preparations. :D

At least you dont have to work a 12 hour shift after you leave the meet XD.

puregroove
10-25-2008, 01:09 AM
At least you dont have to work a 12 hour shift after you leave the meet XD.

True, but you'll be pumped with nostalgia to get you through your shift. :D

DVSRX-7
10-25-2008, 01:19 AM
lol i cant sleep cuz i want the meet to happen already haha

mushroom_toy
10-25-2008, 09:01 AM
See yall in a little bit.

LeX
10-25-2008, 09:55 AM
nice long drive over there i'll prob get lost but i'm leaving soon

majik16106
10-25-2008, 04:18 PM
posted in the other thread but this looks like the busier one. great meeting you guys today, made chris and I feel very welcome. next time i will hopefully have the Z done instead of having to drive the 350. Got tons of pics, will post them in the old school section soon as i get them loaded up.

Silver280zx
10-25-2008, 04:31 PM
posted in the other thread but this looks like the busier one. great meeting you guys today, made chris and I feel very welcome. next time i will hopefully have the Z done instead of having to drive the 350. Got tons of pics, will post them in the old school section soon as i get them loaded up.

Nice i look forward to seeing them

Jimmy B
10-25-2008, 05:11 PM
i dropped by for a bit, had the wife and lil man with me... saw some nice cars, and some that will be nice one day lol.. my son loved the furry mazda, LOL

only said yo to QD though...

majik16106
10-25-2008, 05:13 PM
right here. pics-a-palooza

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201439

Dejvid1785
10-25-2008, 05:32 PM
I just saw this thread and i missed the whole damn thing and i was literally five minutes away, maybe next time.

DVSRX-7
10-25-2008, 06:52 PM
meet was the coolest.. Rotaries Stole the Meet!!... 13 rotary powered cars were there... 1 FC (mine), 1 RX3SP, 1 RX4, and 11 1st Gen...

quickdodge®
10-25-2008, 08:17 PM
meet was the coolest.. Rotaries Stole the Meet!!... 13 rotary powered cars were there... 1 FC (mine), 1 RX3SP, 1 RX4, and 11 1st Gen...

You missed one. There was the rotary truck as well.

i dropped by for a bit, had the wife and lil man with me... saw some nice cars, and some that will be nice one day lol.. my son loved the furry mazda, LOL

only said yo to QD though...

And it was good to see you again, man. Been a while. You got a real cute boy, too. Good job on him, lolol. Later, QD.

DVSRX-7
10-25-2008, 09:44 PM
oh yea i forgot the truck...

Big_Dave
10-25-2008, 10:18 PM
To everybodyat the meet, we had a great time today! Great turnout, furry cars, nice weather, and cool people. Thanks to everyone that showed up. Thanks to www.rockauto.com for the gift certificate and magnets to give away. Thanks Ken for cooking. Thanks Ashley and Eddie for shooting the photos. Thanks to Kent and Mikki for driving from Lynchburg, Va. in an Rx7. It was a great summer.
Our first for 2009 will be in March. Followed by a meet at the Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta, with Grassroots Motorsports.
Oh, I had some requests for Zero t-shirts and we'll be ordering a batch in a few days, If you want one PM me with size, color (white or green), with or without the "Tuna

Big_Dave
10-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Grassroots Motorsports sent us this email:
This is just a quick note to let ya'll know the next Grassroots Motorsports has a lot of Datsun, Nissan and Z content in it, including a 240Z/RX7 head-to-head showdown, a road test of the GT-R, and even an appearance by the 300ZX in our "Budget Supercars" feature. If you'd like to offer your club members a free copy of this issue, just have them go to http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/tryz258/ by Nov. 17. If you'd like a GRM logo for your websites--or anything else--just drop me a line. Tim Baxter - Online EditorGrassroots MotorsportsClassic Motorsports

Hit this link up, and get a copy of GRM!

mushroom_toy
10-26-2008, 02:29 PM
It was great meeting everyone that I met. Great meet, Ill have the pictures up...sometime in the near future hopefully. XD

Big_Dave
10-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Here's a link to the photos from the meet. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201652 These are Eddie's photos.
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201826 Mushroom toy's photos.
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201439 Bill's photos

DVSRX-7
10-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey rt132kp61.. I read ur pm.. And I cnt pm back my info idk y it won't let me.. But my name is Roger and my phone number is (404) 918-7470.. Like I said before i wana be a part of Zero Garage as well.. So call or txt me for any info on what I can help out in.. And I wanted to ask if you guys made any (Zero Garage) decals or stickers that I culd put on my car.. Pm me or email me [email protected].. Thanks.. Roger

DVSRX-7
11-01-2008, 03:28 PM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=404329429&albumId=921367 .............. heres my link to my myspace the old skool meet pix.. late post i kno but i had to do it now lol

later RotaryRoger