PDA

View Full Version : Mind if I say something?

quickdodge®
09-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I listen to the CB all the time while driving wherever I'm going and I get to listen to a lot of "political experts" talking their shiit on the radio. It's funny to listen to because every last one of them swears they know all about everything political. I love listening to the white redneck fuccs hollering NOT to vote for Obama...."Nobama" is what they bellow.

I'll be honest and tell you that I'm voting for Obama. And it's not for really any political views because, honesty prevails again, I don't know shiit about politics. Part of me is voting for the dude because I can only imagine what the stupid, white trash people's faces are going to look like when (if) they hear the announcement of Obama's winning. It would be worth four years of whatever just to have that satisfaction of knowing that a black man ran the country. The other part of me votes for him because, I think everyone can agree, that the USA needs a makeover. Badly. Why not start at the top? Obviously the white folks aren't getting it done. Let a black dude run the country and see how it fairs. Make a change at the top of the mountain and watch a possible trickle down effect. It may be good or it may be bad. One way to find out.

The End...of my political involvement. Later, QD.

JConner
09-11-2008, 11:02 PM
So you are telling me that you have no clue about where Obama stands on any issues but, are willing to vote for him because the country needs a makeover? I agree that the Bush admin. has been a failure. Bush has acted just like a democrat and doubled the size of government. McCain is not for growing government, he is for reducing government involvement in the economy and letting the private industry regulate itself.

If Obama gets elected the "change" we get is higher taxes on the rich and more government. Higher taxes on the rich = more jobs moving overseas. If Obama gets elected we also get those higher taxes on the rich passed down to the poor poor pittiful poor that are poor because THEY CHOSE TO BE! In this country everyone has the same opportunity to get an education and live the American dream, some just chose to be lazy and only work their 40 hours a week living paycheck to paycheck. Most of the "evil rich" came from nothing, they didnt inherit the money and they didnt win the lottery. Most of the evil rich worked 80+ hours a week trying to start their own business and become a job provider to the community, wealthy and then get punished for making money!

Please stay away from the poll's if you have no knowledge on where the candidate you are voting for stands on the issues. Don't believe all of the hype and "change" talk.

yogi08
09-11-2008, 11:04 PM
obama will get shot if he gets president status, thats for sure. by the way, i dont know anyone who will do such a thing, but theres someone out there that will.

The Creeper
09-11-2008, 11:09 PM
The most ignorant thing Ive ever seen QD post....To vote for Obama simply because he is black or because out of spite is the exact opposite of what this country needs. If you would of said you agree with his political views then all would be fine because you are entitled to your own opinion and have the right to vote for what you believe in. I hope you are alone in your mindset on politics. You are better off not voting at all.

JConner
09-11-2008, 11:13 PM
The most ignorant thing Ive ever seen QD post....To vote for Obama simply because he is black or because out of spite is the exact opposite of what this country needs. If you would of said you agree with his political views then all would be fine because you are entitled to your own opinion and have the right to vote for what you believe in. I hope you are alone in your mindset on politics. You are better off not voting at all.

thank you!

I would also like to add that Obama said that he would eliminate capital gains taxes on small business. This shows his ignorance and inexperience. Small businesses do not pay capital gains taxes!!!!!! This man wants to run a country?

Total_Blender
09-12-2008, 01:08 AM
I agree that the Bush admin. has been a failure. Bush has acted just like a democrat and doubled the size of government. McCain is not for growing government, he is for reducing government involvement in the economy and letting the private industry regulate itself.

If Obama gets elected the "change" we get is higher taxes on the rich and more government. Higher taxes on the rich = more jobs moving overseas. If Obama gets elected we also get those higher taxes on the rich passed down to the poor poor pittiful poor that are poor because THEY CHOSE TO BE! In this country everyone has the same opportunity to get an education and live the American dream, some just chose to be lazy and only work their 40 hours a week living paycheck to paycheck. Most of the "evil rich" came from nothing, they didnt inherit the money and they didnt win the lottery. Most of the evil rich worked 80+ hours a week trying to start their own business and become a job provider to the community, wealthy and then get punished for making money!

Please stay away from the poll's if you have no knowledge on where the candidate you are voting for stands on the issues. Don't believe all of the hype and "change" talk.

You make your arguments with all the acumen of Eric Cartman. Very, very few of the wealthiest 5% in America worked their way up from nothing. Bill Gates sure, but.... who else? Once you start talking about multi-billionaires, thats just more wealth than one person can accrue in a lifetime without starting from an inheritance.

And most poor people don't choose to be poor. There are a lot of uneducated people in this country due to our horribile education system (math and science have just gone down the ****ter), our draconian criminal justice system, and a job market that make it damn near impossibile for lower level workers to earn a living wage. Sure, there are leeches in the system and there probably always will be. But to make a blanket statement that the entire population of poor people in America are poor because "they choose to be" is just a dumbass thing to say. :lmfao:

.::UNKNOWN::.
09-12-2008, 02:00 AM
You make your arguments with all the acumen of Eric Cartman. Very, very few of the wealthiest 5% in America worked their way up from nothing. Bill Gates sure, but.... who else? Once you start talking about multi-billionaires, thats just more wealth than one person can accrue in a lifetime without starting from an inheritance.

And most poor people don't choose to be poor. There are a lot of uneducated people in this country due to our horribile education system (math and science have just gone down the ****ter), our draconian criminal justice system, and a job market that make it damn near impossibile for lower level workers to earn a living wage. Sure, there are leeches in the system and there probably always will be. But to make a blanket statement that the entire population of poor people in America are poor because "they choose to be" is just a dumbass thing to say. :lmfao: the whole bit on blaming public education is a load of crap..... i can speek from personal experience...... came up in a poor family, didn't go to college and i graduated from the worst school system in georgia clayton county..... now take a look at me.... i have a car i own free and clear, i owe 50,000 dollars left on my 130,000 dollar house and to top it off i am 23 years old..... if you are poor, in jail, or have 300 baby daddy's or baby mama's thatr is a personal desicion.... the opertunities are out there you just have to get off your lazy ass and work for what you have... i did it and yeah i started off doin **** work but hell you got to start off somewhere.... i have friends that started off bussing tables at resturants and now make good money as a manager..... today people have the mentallity that they are way to good to do some low work and work their way up to the top...... so you sir are the dumbass for blaming the school system, criminal justice system and "impossable job market"

quickdodge®
09-12-2008, 05:19 AM

Lolol @ you. Seriously.

Oh. And -20 for not knowing. Later, QD.

Brett
09-12-2008, 06:25 AM
I listen to the CB all the time while driving wherever I'm going and I get to listen to a lot of "political experts" talking their shiit on the radio. It's funny to listen to because every last one of them swears they know all about everything political. I love listening to the white redneck fuccs hollering NOT to vote for Obama...."Nobama" is what they bellow.

I'll be honest and tell you that I'm voting for Obama. And it's not for really any political views because, honesty prevails again, I don't know shiit about politics. Part of me is voting for the dude because I can only imagine what the stupid, white trash people's faces are going to look like when (if) they hear the announcement of Obama's winning. It would be worth four years of whatever just to have that satisfaction of knowing that a black man ran the country. The other part of me votes for him because, I think everyone can agree, that the USA needs a makeover. Badly. Why not start at the top? Obviously the white folks aren't getting it done. Let a black dude run the country and see how it fairs. Make a change at the top of the mountain and watch a possible trickle down effect. It may be good or it may be bad. One way to find out.

You have got to be kidding right? You are pretty much showing you are as bad as the truckers you listen to. Dizzle, You need to check facts son. You wanting a black dude to run it as you say is no different than the truckers saying they wont vote for him cause he is black.

Brett
09-12-2008, 06:25 AM

I actually will agree on that one.

jwrape
09-12-2008, 06:51 AM
OMG! You scare me... I'm not a person that follows politics, but the presidential election is like the super bowl, everybody gets into it and picks a team. Voting for a canidate without at least a fraction of research is just plain ignorant and your vote is just as bad, actually worse, than those rednecks bellowing Nobama. At least the Rednecks could have researched and found something they like about their canidate that matters besides saying, hey let's roll the dice on the black guy and see what happens. You and people like you scare the sh*t out of me. Your vote and one's like yours are the votes that get the rest of us Screwed in the back by our government.
I'm not saying you should vote for McCain but if you are gonna vote at least research your canidate and know something that matters about him/her so that your not just rolling the dice. Just plain scary...

blackshine007
09-12-2008, 07:57 AM
You know, at first I was gonna critisize him for his sloppiness in decision making as far as politics goes. But if you truely think about it, it was honest. He spoke his mind. He made his point as to why he's doing what he's doing. The sad part about this is that he's not the only one who feels this way as far as 1 particular party goes. We all know that theres always gonna be a group out there who's gonna either always vote (d) or vote (r). Either way, no matter how much it bothers you, you have to respect their decision. That's just like the people who's voting for McCain because they don't wanna see a black man in office. What can you honestly do about it?

4dmin
09-12-2008, 08:15 AM
honestly i don't think there is anything different from QD and the majority of republican posters on this board... i've read so much BS FLUFF and spin to last a lifetime. Republicans haven't established any bit of policy in their speeches or interviews yet. Republican pick for VP was even strategy over who was best for the job. Those are the type of people you want in office - the ones who over promise and don't deliver? Well after 8 years of this sh!t we need a democrat in office.

umairejaz
09-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Those of you who think QD is alone in this mindset are blindly being ignorant.

twinj
09-12-2008, 08:41 AM
obama will get shot if he gets president status, thats for sure. by the way, i dont know anyone who will do such a thing, but theres someone out there that will.

With that being said..... It will show us how "United" Uinted States America really is. Pimpin we really do need a make over McCain honestly isn't a bad pick(besides his health issues) and if I was rich. Using common sense will tell you we dont need any more years of the same policies

AirMax95
09-12-2008, 09:36 AM

Reps to QD for speaking his mind. Now to pick apart his controversial post, the way I took it.

His second paragraph foreshadows the Obama plan for change. This country is not respected by many on the homefront, and abroad due to its foundation. Obama himself said we are the greatest nation, no doubting that. This the place that you can come to make your dreams easier to unfold. Yet our dirty past and current do not allow the country, AMERICANS, to harness the complete dream. We are a society of hatred, greed, etc. The notion of getting away from the norm is a great feeling for many, and a disgusting feeling for many more.

Do you all honestly really think that Obama is going to do that bad? Or is it that you fear the "not so normal" is going to do great things? He is not a spearheaded person. If he makes a call that his cabinet does not agree with they will advise him, and Obama will listen. Bush, not to slam him, but he worked his own agenda. Even his biggest supporters admited it. Think about this: Did Bush work on everything that he proposed? Did the things that he did work on come to pass? No and No.

Whether you want to see Barack as white, black, 50/50, or 60/40 he is no different from many other politicians. Similar policies, beliefs, and education as so many candidates before him. 2 things set him apart from 98% of them, compassion and color.

I feel that QD's reference to the trickle down effect is what will spark this country.

Do I completely agree with ALL of Obama's politics, no. Do I completely disagree with all of McCain politics, no. I read and re-read their plans alot. I choose not to post big arguements like Mike, Tony, Paul, and other because I am still picking them apart. Also, I appreciate the discussions because whether or not you want to accept it, there are probably 35% more people on IA involved in the political process than before....Change:goodjob: There is probably 65% more Americans involved in the political process than before....Change :goodjob: This is only the beginning of more Change.

With all that stuff I just said, QD please learn a little about politics, lol :D

Total_Blender
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
the whole bit on blaming public education is a load of crap..... i can speek from personal experience...... came up in a poor family, didn't go to college and i graduated from the worst school system in georgia clayton county..... now take a look at me.... i have a car i own free and clear, i owe 50,000 dollars left on my 130,000 dollar house and to top it off i am 23 years old..... if you are poor, in jail, or have 300 baby daddy's or baby mama's thatr is a personal desicion.... the opertunities are out there you just have to get off your lazy ass and work for what you have... i did it and yeah i started off doin **** work but hell you got to start off somewhere.... i have friends that started off bussing tables at resturants and now make good money as a manager..... today people have the mentallity that they are way to good to do some low work and work their way up to the top...... so you sir are the dumbass for blaming the school system, criminal justice system and "impossable job market"

Some reading material for you. The 1% of Americans who don't fit the definition of "literacy" provided by the US Census are therefore most likely to be the lowest earners. Also, keep in mind that the definition of literacy is skewed and is just a basic competence test in reading a couple hundred words at maybe a fourth grade level. It is estimated that 20% of Americans lack functional literacy skills (AKA a Fourth grade education)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_in_the_United_States

And here is something else to consider:

http://www.ppionline.org/upload_graphics/Welfare_by_the_Numbers/slide2.gif

And:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States

Only about 3% of Americans are on Welfare now. But 15.2% are below the poverty line. Being poor does not equal being a leech on the system, as the majority of poor aren't even recieving Welfare.

Notice in the table in the Wikipedia link I provided the correlation between the poverty index (HPI-2) and the percentage of the population lacking functional literacy skills.

I could go on about the high percentage of people in the penal system over B/S like canabis posession, etc.

If it is true that people who are poor are poor because they choose to be then you must surely have some data or sources to back it up. I appreciate your vitriol and all that but the data will prove you wrong. :goodjob:

man
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
The other part of me votes for him because, I think everyone can agree, that the USA needs a makeover. Badly. Why not start at the top? Obviously the white folks aren't getting it done. Let a black dude run the country and see how it fairs. Make a change at the top of the mountain and watch a possible trickle down effect. It may be good or it may be bad. One way to find out.

LOL, vote for a dem for the "trickle-down effect" that dems don't believe in... Mike I think you may be onto something, seriously.

4dmin
09-12-2008, 10:23 AM
If it is true that people who are poor are poor because they choose to be then you must surely have some data or sources to back it up. I appreciate your vitriol and all that but the data will prove you wrong. :goodjob:

lol good post

http://www.nerdsonsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/flawless-victory.png

Thighs
09-12-2008, 10:28 AM
so basically, youre voting for him because hes black.

thats stupid as ****. race shouldnt have ANYTHING to do with it.

twinj
09-12-2008, 10:33 AM
so basically, youre voting for him because hes black.

thats stupid as ****. race shouldnt have ANYTHING to do with it.
For you to think people arent voting for that man cause he is black, is stupid as ****.

The Creeper
09-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Those of you who think QD is alone in this mindset are blindly being ignorant.

I dont think he is alone with his ignorant mindset on politics, I just wished he was. Its sad that a lot of people will be voting for Obama because they want some "miracle" change to happen to this country and because Obama :blah:change:blah:change they think he will get the job done. Its equally sad people will vote for him just out of spite from the Bush administration.

SlowsterCivy
09-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Ill be honest and say I'm voting for Mccain. If Obama wins. I'll be pretty pissed.

.::UNKNOWN::.
09-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Only about 3% of Americans are on Welfare now. But 15.2% are below the poverty line. Being poor does not equal being a leech on the system, as the majority of poor aren't even recieving Welfare.

Notice in the table in the Wikipedia link I provided the correlation between the poverty index (HPI-2) and the percentage of the population lacking functional literacy skills.

I could go on about the high percentage of people in the penal system over B/S like canabis posession, etc.

If it is true that people who are poor are poor because they choose to be then you must surely have some data or sources to back it up. I appreciate your vitriol and all that but the data will prove you wrong. :goodjob: you mistook my post i was saying that if you are poor, in jail or you have alot of baby mama's or baby daddy's that is a personal choice you are that way.... i scooped it all in one clump.... i never said if you are poor you are a leeches.... the leeches are the people who stay in jail or have 20 kids and make minimum wage..... i said i speek from personal experience and the oppertunities are out there all you got to do is choose to not break the law, do with out the nicer things in life for a while, work hard, and use birth control you can easibly obtain a good paying job and then you can afford the nicer stuff.... like i said befor it is a choice nobody forces you to be poor... reps for a good post anyway you must have misread my original post:goodjob:

JConner
09-12-2008, 06:15 PM

What about the Walton family? Steve Jobs? Oprah? I could go on and on and on.

JConner
09-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Its equally sad people will vote for him just out of spite from the Bush administration.

I don't think that Obama realizes that Bush isn't running for office this year! All he does is criticize Bush in his speeches. :cheers:

blaknoize
09-12-2008, 06:44 PM
You have got to be kidding right? You are pretty much showing you are as bad as the truckers you listen to. Dizzle, You need to check facts son. You wanting a black dude to run it as you say is no different than the truckers saying they wont vote for him cause he is black.

White folks blindly elect white politicans because they white as well, thats why u hear so much Nobama stuff everywhere and the sudden urgency to vote republican just to stop him from becoming President. Dont give QD or anyone else voting other than repub a hard time.

Give a new face and a new chance to someone wanting to change.

blaknoize
09-12-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't think that Obama realizes that Bush isn't running for office this year! All he does is criticize Bush in his speeches. :cheers:

And all u never hear is Bush in the Republicans speeches cuz they are trying to make themselves "different" and to show that they can "change" and dis-associate themselves from Bush and the Republicans...

quickdodge®
09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
I dont think he is alone with his ignorant mindset on politics, I just wished he was. Its sad that a lot of people will be voting for Obama because they want some "miracle" change to happen to this country and because Obama :blah:change:blah:change they think he will get the job done. Its equally sad people will vote for him just out of spite from the Bush administration.

You must be a dumbass. Seems it comes natural to you and a few others who didn't catch the drift. You seriously did not see what my post was about? I yanked your cord with a lazy rhetoric that would make Dr. Seuss look at me and say, "Ooop bobble gook gak deks green eggs and fucced you up!" Lolol @ you taking my post seriously.

There's an age old saying that goes as follows: Read between the lines.

You should hear all the garbage I hear on that radio every single day. You'd hear more racial shiit spouted out about Obama it would make you turn around and slap your own ass so hard, you'd like it and ask them to repeat themselves just so you could slap yourself again. I was honest as hail in that I think it would be funny to have Obama win the election so I could see all the ignorant rednecks squirm and fidget for the next four years. Is that why I would vote for the man. Hail no. Brett, i thought you knew me better than that out of all these people on that. But I am willing to go for the change that a black man may provide for the country.

BTW, 6.0, you probably think I'm some black dude saying all this and I really am voting for Obama because he's black. Right?

Lolol @ all you folks getting riled up. My work here is done. Later, QD.

The Creeper
09-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I realize you aren't black QD. I'm just sick of all the Obama hype. If his name was Jon Smith and he was white, he wouldn't even be running. He would still be a nobody that hasn't done anything for this country. I hate to hear people are voting for anyone out of spite. Its equally bad that people are voting for mccain because they cant handle a black man running this country. Politics should have nothing to do with race/age/sex, but the government has been ran by rich white men for a very long time, change is uncomfortable to a lot of people. Oh well, ive said my peace. Its not like Obama will get elected anyways....:goodjob:

Whiteboy572
09-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I realize you aren't black QD. I'm just sick of all the Obama hype. If his name was Jon Smith and he was white, he wouldn't even be running. He would still be a nobody that hasn't done anything for this country. I hate to hear people are voting for anyone out of spite. Its equally bad that people are voting for mccain because they cant handle a black man running this country. Politics should have nothing to do with race/age/sex, but the government has been ran by rich white men for a very long time, change is uncomfortable to a lot of people. Oh well, ive said my peace. Its not like Obama will get elected anyways....:goodjob:

+2
I personally will not vote for him because he doesnt put his hand over his heart when they said the pledge. Thats unpatriotic and disrespectful.

Total_Blender
09-13-2008, 07:36 AM
you mistook my post i was saying that if you are poor, in jail or you have alot of baby mama's or baby daddy's that is a personal choice you are that way.... i scooped it all in one clump.... i never said if you are poor you are a leeches.... the leeches are the people who stay in jail or have 20 kids and make minimum wage..... :goodjob:

What I'm saying is that there are opportunities, but it is very easy for someone to screw up. Get busted with a joint and end up with a criminal record. End up pregnant when a condom breaks, etc. A big problem is that people aren't expected or even encouraged much to make the right choices (especially in the education system). I know when I was in school, the people in charge didn't offer me a whole lot of support when it came to making choices and I had to find out a lot for myself. Our schools and our culture need to start holding people to higher standards. The opportunities are out there but people aren't being given any encouragement to go after them.:goodjob:

AirMax95
09-13-2008, 07:51 AM

Dude, its hype because its taboo! Be sick of it all you want. There was hype with Hilary too. The thought of something DIFFERENT running this country is going to get hype.

If an Asian or Hispanic ran next term, and they appeal to the people, and are qualified.......YOU ARE GOING TO GET HYPE. Also, again as QD pointed out, the white folk are not going to accept it either way, lol.

AirMax95
09-13-2008, 07:57 AM
What I'm saying is that there are opportunities, but it is very easy for someone to screw up. Get busted with a joint and end up with a criminal record. End up pregnant when a condom breaks, etc. A big problem is that people aren't expected or even encouraged much to make the right choices (especially in the education system). I know when I was in school, the people in charge didn't offer me a whole lot of support when it came to making choices and I had to find out a lot for myself. Our schools and our culture need to start holding people to higher standards. The opportunities are out there but people aren't being given any encouragement to go after them.:goodjob:

The problem with the education system is that there are a lack of teachers WHO CARE. ANYONE can go get an education certificate, pending you have some sort of degree. The schools are begging for more teachers and they do not have a quality pool to choose from. There are VERY few caring teachers who are willing to put it all out there for even the most stubborn of children.

My cousin pulled his son from a North Ga school b/c the teacher gives an assignment EVERY DAY and sits back in the chair sipping coffee. His theory is teach on Monday, BS Tues-Thurs, test on Fri. Oh, he is in the 5th grade, lol.

quickdodge®
09-13-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm just sick of all the Obama hype.

Well that's because you're all over the "McCain" hype, man. This is just part of the election process. My point is that while a lot of people are saying that black folks are voting for Obama because he is black, I guarantee you that a lot of white folks are voting for McCain because he is white. Tell me I'm wrong. There are a lot of stupid, ignorant white folks out there that would rather have the country torn to shreds rather than have a black man run it. (Not saying McCain will tear the country up/just making a blanket statement). Had I just posted that I was voting for Obama and put my valid reasons down, you still would have tried to tear me down. You still would have called me ignorant (for some other reason). That's all part of the Democratic/Republican debacle. So it all boils down to you "attacking" me because I said I was voting for Barrack. It doesn't matter why I am, it just matters (to you) that I am.

My post, in all fairness, was a success. Later, QD.

tony
09-13-2008, 09:39 AM
+2
I personally will not vote for him because he doesnt put his hand over his heart when they said the pledge. Thats unpatriotic and disrespectful.

Wow are you serious? At least QD said he'll vote for him because of something that is true.. you're basing your vote off of a chain email that you know absolutely no facts about.

0p7!mu5
09-14-2008, 11:59 AM
man i said it b4 and i'll say it again. McCain had his moment in time in the last few elections. I have respect for the man but this year he really shouldnt be up there. I feel his choice with Palin is more of an "if obama didnt pick hillary then why dont i get chick on the ticket?" Really if hillary didnt get as much hype as she did there woulda been a dude up there. Republicans are scared this election and they have full reason to be.

Think about it one of their own will go down as one of the worst presidents in U.S history, they are losing seats across the country and their old terrorism argument is not nearly as strong as it was four years ago. Their last out to me has been to jump on Obama because he got way more attention that anybody thought even from his own party.

While I may not be all for Biden I do kinda think it was an okay choice because for all of you jumping on how green he is an experienced Vp would give him more clout for when and if he does try to change things. its like tryin to build a motor with no concept of how it works ya gotta have someone who knows something to teach you how to do so you know what to fix later.

I agree with Qd to a point. 9/10 he is pretty much on point. Honestly I have my own views like waiting for the day when one of these guys pushes for the fair tax act and quit complainin about taxes going up. Its going to happen regardless. How do you think teachers and police get paid and roads get built : taxes! Its just wasteful spending that needs to change. Im not saying hike up taxes like crazy i just say realize it comes with the territory. belive me as much as i hate the 300 bucks that comes out of my check every two weeks Im glad that part of it goes to making sure my siblings have a better future than i do.

To change that wasteful spending dont just vote for a president go vote for every level of government. The pres can only do but so much ya gotta go for congress too. I dont agree on 100% of the things eigther choice is for but I just feel the republican party needs to do a lot of reform before they take office again.

just my thoughts /rant

The Creeper
09-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm not on the mccain bandwagon, so if you would of said you are voting for Obama for valid political reasons I wouldn't of bothered posting anything, it was just the sheer fact that you wanted to see the redneck hill billies squirm in defeat if Obama is voted into office. I too will find it funny reaction wise, but I would prefer mccain over Obama any day of the week. I like one less then the other which is where i stand in the votes. The government is all corrupt no matter how you shake the dice, and both are puppets of their political parties, I guess my vote goes to the republican puppet:goodjob:

Total_Blender
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Realistically you only have 2 choices. Sure there are indpendent parties that could grow if people supported them and you can write in Ron Paul if ya want but really, this election is going to go to either the Dems or the GOP. The other parties are just not organized enough yet and haven't been since Ross Perot. With a few exceptions America has almost always been a 2 party system, which has done more harm than good IMO.

That being said a lot of bad stuff has happened on the Republican watch. I won't go into detail but a lot of people who don't necessarily follow every issue are ready for new leadership and they don't see anything new or exciting about John McCain or the Republican party. And since they basically have only one other choice....

The Creeper
09-14-2008, 06:07 PM
^ You cant put Bush's failures on McCain just because he is a republican. So your argument means nothing. And last time I checked the bubble started under Clinton's watch. It had to burst sooner or later, just happen to while bush is in office.

Total_Blender
09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Can I pin Bush's failures on Mac because he voted with Bush 90% of the time then? Seriously, Mac chose to run as a republican, have Bush speak at his convention, etc. If he were serious about distancing himself from Bush's failures he would run as an independent or even as a Democrat like he had been threatening to for years and have a platform that consists of more substance than "Provoke Iran and Russia, and more tax cuts for the rich". His choice of an ultra-conservative (pro-life, pro creationism, pro abstinance only sex-ed, etc) only confirms it. He is showing that he's becoming a player in the game of party politics, and not a "Maverick".

quickdodge®
09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm not on the mccain bandwagon,

Yes you are. See below quote.

but I would prefer mccain over Obama any day of the week.

You're on Train McCain. And that's cool with me. May the best man win. And hopefully he (the best man) will win. Later, QD.

flak_monkey
09-14-2008, 10:28 PM
the whole bit on blaming public education is a load of crap..... i can speek from personal experience...... came up in a poor family, didn't go to college and i graduated from the worst school system in georgia clayton county..... now take a look at me.... i have a car i own free and clear, i owe 50,000 dollars left on my 130,000 dollar house and to top it off i am 23 years old..... if you are poor, in jail, or have 300 baby daddy's or baby mama's thatr is a personal desicion.... the opertunities are out there you just have to get off your lazy ass and work for what you have... i did it and yeah i started off doin **** work but hell you got to start off somewhere.... i have friends that started off bussing tables at resturants and now make good money as a manager..... today people have the mentallity that they are way to good to do some low work and work their way up to the top...... so you sir are the dumbass for blaming the school system, criminal justice system and "impossable job market"
OH MY GOD! Please learn to use punctuation. The ellipses are NOT periods.

The Creeper
09-15-2008, 02:37 AM
McCain has no responsibility for Bush's failures so why would he have to distance himself from them? And I agree with you on one thing QD, may the best man win:cheers:. No matter what though, its not like either party can jump in and fix the country in a day. Only way to dig our way out of this recession is time, the housing market will rebound in the next 3-5 years hopefully. Another hope in that timeline is to slowly weed our troops out of the FUBAR aka "Iraqi Freedom." How can you wage a war on "terrorism"...what a silly imaginational idea and dream. It's not like there is a specific country for terrorist, so we can never win a war against an enemy we can never eliminate. That being said I guess thats why they had to act like we are over there to "save" Iraq and install our democracy on them....FUBAR is the only thing that can fully describe the situation over there. I believe Bush felt pressured after 9/11 to attack or go after something, anything, and now is still cleaning up his mess from it. You really cant blame the recession situation our country is in on George Bush though, that is just simply ignorant thinking. Sorry for the rant, just my :2cents:

SicStang03
09-15-2008, 02:48 AM
NOBAMA!!!

that is all...

On a side note, my friends mom asked me who I was voting for and I answered McCain. She got pissed and said it was because Obama is black... LOL, she is black and ignorant enough to make that statement:lmfao:.. All I said was "is that y you are voting for him"?:screwy:

IndianStig
09-15-2008, 08:38 AM

The change he brings is going to be great. The economy will hopefully recover under whoever comes in but I would still be voting for McCain I think. My final decision will be made after the 26th on the debates forsure though.

Dirty Octopus™
09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
why is everyone bashing the man?
i dont get whats wrong with his reason... :thinking:

man
09-15-2008, 09:48 AM
why is everyone bashing the man?
i dont get whats wrong with his reason... :thinking:

Basically QD is saying that he is just another ignorant trucker voting based on race alone.

I mean no offense QD, but this is how it comes across to me. Take a step back and look at what you're saying, man. This doesn't make you any better than the rednecks, it brings you down to their level. Don't vote for Obama because he's black, educate yourself and vote because you agree with his policies. An old man like yourself should be past this rebellious stage.

4dmin
09-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Basically QD is saying that he is just another ignorant trucker voting based on race alone.

I mean no offense QD, but this is how it comes across to me. Take a step back and look at what you're saying, man. This doesn't make you any better than the rednecks, it brings you down to their level. Don't vote for Obama because he's black, educate yourself and vote because you agree with his policies. An old man like yourself should be past this rebellious stage.

i agree but he can't be any more ignorant than 1/2 of the people posting BS comments w/o doing any bit of research... "obame raise taxes... obama take guns away... etc"

BobbyFresco
09-15-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't understand why ppl work themselves up over the reasons why someone is voting for whatever candidate. People vote for who they vote for, for the dumbest of reasons, year after year. Nothing is going to change that. If QD wants to vote for Obama solely because he's black, then so be it. If Jethro Billy Bob from around the corner wants to vote for Mccsame because he's white then who cares? That's HIS CHOICE. However, QD has pointed out that it's not the singular reason why that is his choice..Some ppl just can't get over his intial post and look into what else he has said and at the end of the day, he has accomplished what he set out to do: Piss some of you off...

man
09-15-2008, 10:05 AM
i agree but he can't be any more ignorant than 1/2 of the people posting BS comments w/o doing any bit of research... "obame raise taxes... obama take guns away... etc"

Or those that say "McCain will make abortions illegal"...

Dirty Octopus™
09-15-2008, 10:09 AM

but heres the thing...

i get where you're coming from but isnt the man entitled to his own opinion or reason for voting for who he sees fit?

everyone has there specific reasons for choosing whichever candidate. at least people are exercising their right.

there are a large amount of people that just arent that into politics. Politics dont have to be on everyones mind 24/7 like some of these Nazi's here. :screwy:
for those people that have lives outside of politics they have their own "not so worthy" reasons. some folks vote because of the candidates character or even good looks! :D
hell... when they campaign they go to some of the most remote places in America getting hands on with regular folk. they get the regular folks to vote and their reason may simply be because he or she took the time to come to their trailer and shake their hand.

my point is... EVERYONE has their own reasons. it may seem like ignorance to some but just because someone isnt as politically versed as yourself doesnt mean you can rag on them excercising their right to vote.
it would seriously suck if only the anal politic lovin' citizens voted.

i dont know if i made any sense... :thinking:

i think i started to ramble. being hungover is for the birds :o

BobbyFresco
09-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Or those that say "McCain will make abortions illegal"...

Why's this far from the truth?

With something like 3 Supreme Court justices looking to retire soon, and the prospect of Mccain winning therefore appointing justices that would vote in favor of his agenda, it is something that could happen... We already know how Palin feels about abortion, right?

Dirty Octopus™
09-15-2008, 10:16 AM
oh yeah...

in this country Hispanic citizens get pulled over simply because they "appear" to be illegal.
heck citizens from the middle east get asked 21 questions because they look like a threat.

if authorities can excerise their right to judge minorities because of apperance, whats so bad about voting for a man because of his skin color?

i dont get it :thinking:

ShooterMcGavin
09-15-2008, 10:18 AM
wow, just wow...i'm disappointed in you mike :no:

man
09-15-2008, 12:13 PM
but heres the thing...

i get where you're coming from but isnt the man entitled to his own opinion or reason for voting for who he sees fit?

everyone has there specific reasons for choosing whichever candidate. at least people are exercising their right.

there are a large amount of people that just arent that into politics. Politics dont have to be on everyones mind 24/7 like some of these Nazi's here. :screwy:
for those people that have lives outside of politics they have their own "not so worthy" reasons. some folks vote because of the candidates character or even good looks! :D
hell... when they campaign they go to some of the most remote places in America getting hands on with regular folk. they get the regular folks to vote and their reason may simply be because he or she took the time to come to their trailer and shake their hand.

my point is... EVERYONE has their own reasons. it may seem like ignorance to some but just because someone isnt as politically versed as yourself doesnt mean you can rag on them excercising their right to vote.
it would seriously suck if only the anal politic lovin' citizens voted.

i dont know if i made any sense... :thinking:

i think i started to ramble. being hungover is for the birds :o

I hear you on this, but you can't criticize someone's actions and then imitate them in the opposite direction. QD calls them stupid, white trash and "political experts" and then does the exact same thing they're doing but checks the Obama box instead...

With something like 3 Supreme Court justices looking to retire soon, and the prospect of Mccain winning therefore appointing justices that would vote in favor of his agenda, it is something that could happen... We already know how Palin feels about abortion, right?

I don't know where all of you get the idea that the president makes the rules. Remember we have a LIBERAL-weighted congress.

4dmin
09-15-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't know where all of you get the idea that the president makes the rules. Remember we have a LIBERAL-weighted congress.

um congress would not make this ruling ... and most of the justices are republican optioned. you obviously don't understand how this works. roe/wade is only 30-35 years old. republicans have been pushing for the past decade to make it a state decision.

Scalia has gone on the record numerous times that the constitution does not support abortion. Most important power decision a president can make is appointing justices.

Jimmy B
09-15-2008, 12:35 PM
all im sayin is wow..

QD, love ya man, but wow... this election is just a popularity contest with 30-40% of the people knowing why they are voting for the person they are voting for. The rest, (dont hate me for this) is just in BLACK, and WHITE,.. pun intended

AirMax95
09-15-2008, 12:43 PM
all im sayin is wow..

QD, love ya man, but wow... this election is just a popularity contest with 30-40% of the people knowing why they are voting for the person they are voting for. The rest, (dont hate me for this) is just in BLACK, and WHITE,.. pun intended

My thing is, if Colin Powell or Jesse Jackson, or if Martin Luther King, Jr. (R.I.P) ran for President this country STILL would call it a popularity contest.

I said it 10 BILLION times, its taboo only beacuse he is a man of COLOR.

This country only sees color. If McCain was green I STILL would not vote for him due to his policies. If Obama was cocaine white I WOULD STILL VOTE for him.

QD made a point.......made sense too. People are resorting to the race cards just to not vote for Obama, and sadly even McCain.

4dmin
09-15-2008, 01:06 PM
all im sayin is wow..

i agree - the race has been made into a popularity contest. it has become palin/obama race. which is pretty said. i think it has a lot to say about republican candidates and voting public in general.

but it is not different then normal just now we have more gaps of people... normally it is republican/democrat; now it is white/black, male/female, etc opinions are being spread over sectors of public rather then policies.

BanginJimmy
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
What I'm saying is that there are opportunities, but it is very easy for someone to screw up.

Yes, everyone can screw up, no one is prefect, but what seperates those that are sucessful and those that are not apart is that the sucessful people learn from their mistakes.

Get busted with a joint and end up with a criminal record.

Unless you get caught MANY times in a short amount of time you wont have a felony record. Maybe a record for a misdemenor, but thats all.

End up pregnant when a condom breaks, etc.

Like I said, everyone screws up at some point, and having a baby is a major one, but still just a screw up. There are ways out of it if you cant handle a kid, There is a shortage of adoptable newborns in the US. Or you can learn from your mistakes and not get pregnant again. I have no problems with people that have 1, then work to gt back on their feet. Its the ones that couldnt afford the first one, but go on to have 4 or 5 more that are a problem.

A big problem is that people aren't expected or even encouraged much to make the right choices (especially in the education system).

If you need to be encouraged by someone else to better yourself, then you are already a failure. No amount of encouragement will be enough.

I know when I was in school, the people in charge didn't offer me a whole lot of support when it came to making choices and I had to find out a lot for myself.

A school's job is to educate you , however poorly, not be your parents. That is your parent's job.

Our schools and our culture need to start holding people to higher standards.

I agree, but all too often we have some soccor mom complain that someone elses kid is treated better because he is smarter. I heard of a few districts in cali that dumped their honors and AP programs because parents complained that their kids self esteem was injured by not being invited into those programs.

The opportunities are out there but people aren't being given any encouragement to go after them

Again, if you need constant encouragement to better yourself, then no amount of encouragement will even be enough.

Total_Blender
09-15-2008, 01:48 PM
With something like 3 Supreme Court justices looking to retire soon, and the prospect of Mccain winning therefore appointing justices that would vote in favor of his agenda, it is something that could happen... ?

Reps when I can.

If Mac gets voted in we will have a Republican in the executive and a Supreme Court filled with Republican appointees.

And the "socialists" in congress... well the senate is 49-49 Dems and Republicans and if you count Lieberman as a Republican and Sanders as a Dem. (because they vote that way) and with the tie breaking vote being Palin as VP the Senate will belong to the GOP.

As for the House, its still 233-202 in favor of the Dems but with a Republican Senate, a Republican Prez, and a Republican court all that stuff about "checks and balances" is gone. :crazy:

man
09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Reps when I can.

If Mac gets voted in we will have a Republican in the executive and a Supreme Court filled with Republican appointees.

And the "socialists" in congress... well the senate is 49-49 Dems and Republicans and if you count Lieberman as a Republican and Sanders as a Dem. (because they vote that way) and with the tie breaking vote being Palin as VP the Senate will belong to the GOP.

As for the House, its still 233-202 in favor of the Dems but with a Republican Senate, a Republican Prez, and a Republican court all that stuff about "checks and balances" is gone. :crazy:

You assume that everyone that votes Repub thinks the same way and that is a complete fabrication of your mind.

Total_Blender
09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes, everyone can screw up, no one is prefect, but what seperates those that are sucessful and those that are not apart is that the sucessful people learn from their mistakes.

Agree 100%. As a country we need to learn from the mistakes we are making in the way we educate people. A lot of jobs are going overseas where they are doing it right.

Unless you get caught MANY times in a short amount of time you wont have a felony record. Maybe a record for a misdemenor, but thats all.

Even misdemeanors can be serious screw-ups when you take into account jail time, fines, people losing their jobs, etc.

Like I said, everyone screws up at some point, and having a baby is a major one, but still just a screw up. There are ways out of it if you cant handle a kid, There is a shortage of adoptable newborns in the US. Or you can learn from your mistakes and not get pregnant again. I have no problems with people that have 1, then work to gt back on their feet. Its the ones that couldnt afford the first one, but go on to have 4 or 5 more that are a problem.

Its a lot harder giving up a kid for adoption than you might think it is. Again, more sex-ed is needed. Access to contraceptives and birth control for teens who can't obtain them from their parents.

If you need to be encouraged by someone else to better yourself, then you are already a failure. No amount of encouragement will be enough.

Every sociologist out there will disagree with you on this one. Ever hear of the strain theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strain_theory_%28sociology%29) and retreatism? Many people become hopeless and reject society's means and goals.

A school's job is to educate you , however poorly, not be your parents. That is your parent's job.

See my above post about retreatism. If you grow up with bad parents and the norms of society aren't ingrained in you, what then?

I agree, but all too often we have some soccor mom complain that someone elses kid is treated better because he is smarter. I heard of a few districts in cali that dumped their honors and AP programs because parents complained that their kids self esteem was injured by not being invited into those programs.

Yeah, thats just wrong. The Governator needs to break out the minigun on that one.

Again, if you need constant encouragement to better yourself, then no amount of encouragement will even be enough.

The goals of "bleeding heart liberals" and "social Darwinist conservatives" are really the same, to integrate those in poverty back into their roles as producers in the economy, how they differ is the means in which to do so :goodjob:

I fail to see how saddling the working poor with a greater share of the tax burden will accomplish this, FWIW.

You assume that everyone that votes Repub thinks the same way and that is a complete fabrication of your mind.

I was talking about one issue not the entirety of issues. And I forgot that Republicans only vote together 90% of the time. My bad :D

Seriously though, are there any pro choice Repub's? I know all the congressmen from GA are pro life.

edit: I just found out about the W.I.S.H. list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wish_List_%28political_organization%29) (Women In Senate and House)... a group of pro-choice Republican congresswomen. Only 4 in the Senate though, I'm sure there are at least 4 pro-life Dems. It will be close and divisive regardless. :ninja:

Mik2006
09-15-2008, 06:44 PM

For the republicans who normally like to whine so easly after every little thing someone says that take offense so easily and want to make it out to be a big deal. clearly reread what he said he said part of him wants to see. he did not say that hes only voting for him because he is black. but it would just be funny to see. but he wants to see change in the ecconmy. cause its running like **** right now.

Spektrewing386
09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
i wonder what a pro-life super conservative republican would do if his daughter was raped and got pregnant by a black muslim

quickdodge®
09-15-2008, 07:48 PM
HOLD UP, WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

GODDAMN FOLKS, HOLD ON A SECOND!!!!!

Holy Mary Mother of QD, I got this shiit rolling hard as fucc.

Paul, Jimmy, Shagwagon, fcman!!!! Have any of you motherfuccers read past my first post? You know, the follow up posts where I just satirizing what I hear on the radio???? Have you guys ever heard of MadTV or SNL? This was a fuccing spoof. It's as if you read my first post and immediately quoted it and ran instead of following the thread out. You guys would have a field day with the Pavement Politicians I listen to day in and day out. And you four know me much better than that to actually believe what I started the post out to be 100% true.

Come on, folks. Later, QD.

blaknoize
09-15-2008, 08:31 PM
^lol, its cuz ur "QD" everyone takes your words for what they are, not what they are suppose to mean.

Jimmy B
09-15-2008, 09:19 PM
heh, we got got! i thought i knew ya better than that dawg, but, i mean, it seemed legit! LOL

you get props for getting us, without even trying! LOL

BanginJimmy
09-15-2008, 10:09 PM
HOLD UP, WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

GODDAMN FOLKS, HOLD ON A SECOND!!!!!

Holy Mary Mother of QD, I got this shiit rolling hard as fucc.

Paul, Jimmy, Shagwagon, fcman!!!! Have any of you motherfuccers read past my first post? You know, the follow up posts where I just satirizing what I hear on the radio???? Have you guys ever heard of MadTV or SNL? This was a fuccing spoof. It's as if you read my first post and immediately quoted it and ran instead of following the thread out. You guys would have a field day with the Pavement Politicians I listen to day in and day out. And you four know me much better than that to actually believe what I started the post out to be 100% true.

Come on, folks. Later, QD.

I didnt make any mention to your post, so I dont know why I have been grouped in with those other crackheads.

quickdodge®
09-15-2008, 10:17 PM
I didnt make any mention to your post, so I dont know why I have been grouped in with those other crackheads.

BanginJimmy, meet Jimmy B. It seems you both have something in common. Later, QD.

VIP Style
09-15-2008, 10:32 PM
but why pick mccain over obama? a man who said the economy is "fundamentally sound" are you kidding me? as far as sarah palin goes my goodness she just seems so fake each time i hear her rant on and on with her little punch lines that she recites off of the podiums. man if the country truly believes palin is fit to possibly be the president if something were to happen to mccain, good lord we in trouble.
I'm not on the mccain bandwagon, so if you would of said you are voting for Obama for valid political reasons I wouldn't of bothered posting anything, it was just the sheer fact that you wanted to see the redneck hill billies squirm in defeat if Obama is voted into office. I too will find it funny reaction wise, but I would prefer mccain over Obama any day of the week. I like one less then the other which is where i stand in the votes. The government is all corrupt no matter how you shake the dice, and both are puppets of their political parties, I guess my vote goes to the republican puppet:goodjob:

BanginJimmy
09-16-2008, 10:31 AM
but why pick mccain over obama? a man who said the economy is "fundamentally sound" are you kidding me? as far as sarah palin goes my goodness she just seems so fake each time i hear her rant on and on with her little punch lines that she recites off of the podiums. man if the country truly believes palin is fit to possibly be the president if something were to happen to mccain, good lord we in trouble.

I know polls dont mean much, but they did give a general idea of national opinions.

Palin beats Biden in Rassmussen fake Presidential election.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/palin_47_biden_44_in_make_believe_presidential_mat ch_up

Another Rasmussen poll I found interesting.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/majority_of_voters_say_only_mccain_biden_prepared_ to_be_president

Link to other stories on Rassmussen, including some suprising polls in swing states.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics

s10cky
09-16-2008, 06:03 PM

:thinking:

quickdodge®
09-16-2008, 08:17 PM
:thinking:

And keep it that way. Later, QD.