PDA

View Full Version : June 30, 2008 Report on Progress at WTC Site

Alan®
09-11-2008, 06:58 PM
http://www.panynj.gov/AboutthePortAuthority/pdf/WTC_Assessment_Book_FFF.pdf

It's about 36 pages but definitely a good read.

Sorry if you feel this is in the wrong section but considering what today is thought it should go here.

slostang
09-11-2008, 08:02 PM
cliffs?

Alan®
09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
I haven't read it yet but from the first page its not looking good.

slostang
09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
LOL

nice post on something you know almost nothing about. :goodjob:

~runs~

Alan®
09-11-2008, 08:16 PM
LOL

nice post on something you know almost nothing about. :goodjob:

~runs~
LOL I never said I knew what was up I was just watching something on the History Channel on 9/11 and I got to thinking about what the hell is taking so long and found that.

slostang
09-11-2008, 08:18 PM
yup. I was suprised at the lack of 9/11 shět on tv today. figured that's all I'd see.

osnap
09-11-2008, 10:21 PM
definitely a good read.
I haven't read it...wow. :rolleyes:

Alan®
09-11-2008, 10:23 PM
...wow. :rolleyes:

but from the first page its not looking good.
:goodjob:

Sorry what I meant to say was I haven't read it in it's entirety. LOL. My bad.

Alan®
09-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Cliffs

In addition,there is no effective, centralized command and control structure to efficiently manage the enormously complex construction logistics on the 16-acre WTC site(P.4)

To put this challenge in perspective, the WTC rebuilding program attempts to fit within the size of just a few city blocks:
• Five major skyscrapers, which will house Class A office space comparable to all of downtown Atlanta;
• One of the world’s most significant memorials and museums;
• The third-largest transportation hub in New York City;
• A world-class retail venue serving all WTC users;
• A major performing arts center;
• A state-of-the-art vehicle security center;
• Two brand-new city streets (Greenwich and Fulton) and two brand-new pedestrian ways (Cortlandt and Dey); and,
• All of the critical infrastructure to support these projects (chiller plant,utility and communication networks, etc).

And all of this is happening within the confines of a transportation corridor that moves 150,000 commuters a day through an active construction site via the MTA #1 subway line,which literally cuts through the center of the site, and the WTC PATH Terminal, which runs beneath the site.

Add to this challenge the fact that there are 19 public agencies, two private developers, 101 different construction contractors and sub-contractors and 33 different designers, architects and consulting firms all in charge of one element of the project or another, and you have a construction challenge that is as complex as any in the world.

Random Hero
09-11-2008, 11:48 PM
^^ You're a winner dude. ^^

Wow...

Alan®
09-11-2008, 11:49 PM
^^ You're a winner dude. ^^

Wow...
:D LOL