View Full Version : 7pm charlie gibson + palin interview

4dmin
09-11-2008, 05:43 PM
read title

4dmin
09-11-2008, 06:20 PM
so...

"do you think you are qualified to be vp and possibly pres?" "yes"

"do you think you have enough hubris in foreign policy? I asked McCain and he said you are close to Russia"

"have you been out of the country?" "Canada, Mexico..."

"do you think Georgia should be apart of NATO" "yes" "so you think we should help them in war with Russia" "yes"

"do you think we should cross Pakistani borders to fight terrorism w/o Pakistani ok?" "we should take any measures we need"

"do you agree with bush doctine" "what do you mean his view" "you tell me what you think"

lol.... more to come... but she is going to get destroyed in debates she walked around every question and they only spoke about foreign policy right now.

4dmin
09-11-2008, 06:31 PM
"so you said to your church congregation that we are fighting god's war" "you think this is a holy war" "what i was referring to is like Abraham Lincolns speech..." "but you said it was god's plan"

just what we need someone in the white house doing GODs work

see more tonight on NIGHTLINE :goodjob:

AlanŽ
09-11-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm not going to lie I kept going :no: :doh:

blaknoize
09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm in class, sadly I cant watch it. But a youtube link will do

twinj
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Anyone know if its still on? What channel?

4dmin
09-11-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm not going to lie I kept going :no: :doh:

honestly i've been predicting this since she was picked... she diverted alot of questions and didn't have a clue on a couple. this is one of the reasons they didn't have her talking to the press and her speeches have been exactly the same for the most part since RNC.

we'll see if she picks up the pace tonight on nightline. for those looking to see it i'm sure it is on ABC's website and she will be on nightline around 11pm :thinking:

JConner
09-11-2008, 11:40 PM
... she diverted alot of questions and didn't have a clue on a couple.

oh you mean like Obama does on every question he is asked?

Spektrewing386
09-12-2008, 01:47 AM
so apparently Abraham Lincoln is a pronoun for holy war according to her

Brett
09-12-2008, 06:27 AM
honestly i've been predicting this since she was picked... she diverted alot of questions and didn't have a clue on a couple. this is one of the reasons they didn't have her talking to the press and her speeches have been exactly the same for the most part since RNC.

we'll see if she picks up the pace tonight on nightline. for those looking to see it i'm sure it is on ABC's website and she will be on nightline around 11pm :thinking:

Paul..... Obama is the king of diverting questions, he is the man that says HE IS FOR CHANGE but still hasnt layed out how he plans to change it.

4dmin
09-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Paul..... Obama is the king of diverting questions, he is the man that says HE IS FOR CHANGE but still hasnt layed out how he plans to change it.

^ i'm just wondering if you guys make a point to actually watch interviews, debates, speeches, etc or do you just go on what you hear? your responses are so vanilla it sounds like you listened to Fox new while going to the bath room :goodjob:

if you watched her interview most questions were about foreign policy and trying to establish is she ready to run the USA... she fell very very short. she didn't even understand some of the questions charlie asked and at one point charlie said "is that a yes or no b/c i'm getting lost in the words".

if you want to make a point in a discussion pointing out actual facts makes the discussion worth while not well "so and so does that too..." :thinking: that is just a waste of bandwidth

Total_Blender
09-12-2008, 08:27 AM
So that you guys know Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Neal Boortz are pretty much partisan hacks who can't get past their own bias enough to report anything of substance about the Obama platform/campaign.

You might want to venture out into other media sources every now and then if you want to get the whole story. Objectivity of the press is a dangerous myth. Everyone with a microphone has a little bias.

Me, I am firmly on the Left, but I watch as much of the guys above as I watch of Arianna Huffington or Anderson Cooper or Keith Olberman, just to get a balanced view of whats going on.

AirMax95
09-12-2008, 08:45 AM

Neither has McCain. Obama answers questions with substance, as does McCain. Palin......oh my, that lady :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:, I mean she could have at least been prepped for the NORMAL questions that interviewers ask. The communications directors staff for McCains camp is an intelligent group of poeple, someone dropped the ball.

Also, someone posted in another thread that both candidates will likely lay out the grander scheme of their plans as the days pass. It is ALWAYS like that during the Pres election. As the big day comes closer, new pieces of teh puzzle are revealed. People slam Obama more because he is proposing DRASTIC change, just give it a few more weeks guys. :D

Tracy
09-12-2008, 08:50 AM
OMG funny vidz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dCrweHw7tA

DevilK9
09-12-2008, 09:02 AM
it sounds like you listened to Fox new while going to the bath room :goodjob:

no...just while jerking off.

If you make it a game and try to finish off before someone can say 9/11, terrorist, hussein obama, liberal, or lipstick....you can get back to work quicker.

tony
09-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Kind of hard to be effective when you don't have a teleprompter in front of you telling you what to say.

Tracy
09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Kind of hard to be effective when you don't have a teleprompter in front of you telling you what to say.

That goes for all parties involved. Pawns :)

DevilK9
09-12-2008, 09:29 AM
I'd give my left nut to be able to hack into the teleprompters.

That's true power.

"I'm Sarah Palin, and I slept with Karl Rove. He's tiny. And he cries"

alpine_aw11
09-12-2008, 09:34 AM
I'd give my left nut to be able to hack into the teleprompters.

That's true power.

"I'm Sarah Palin, and I slept with Karl Rove. He's tiny. And he cries"

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:Seriously, Palin failed. I don't understand how anyone could justify her being next in line for the presidency after that interview. She literally dodged every question with a completely irrelevant response.

JConner
09-12-2008, 06:24 PM
if you watched her interview most questions were about foreign policy and trying to establish is she ready to run the USA... she fell very very short. she didn't even understand some of the questions charlie asked and at one point charlie said "is that a yes or no b/c i'm getting lost in the words".

Charlie Gibson has an agenda, a very liberal agenda. Of course he is going to criticize her! He has to try and make her look as equally dumb as O'Reilly made Obama look!

JConner
09-12-2008, 06:28 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:Seriously, Palin failed. I don't understand how anyone could justify her being next in line for the presidency after that interview. She literally dodged every question with a completely irrelevant response.

You mean like Obama does?

So you are telling me that a governor of a state is less qualified to be V.P. than a man who did nothing in the senate for a few months and is a "community organizer" that thinks he is ready to be President?

tony
09-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Charlie Gibson has an agenda, a very liberal agenda. Of course he is going to criticize her! He has to try and make her look as equally dumb as O'Reilly made Obama look!

Do you even follow Charlie Gibon's career? Seriously.. do you know who he is to know his "agenda"?

tony
09-12-2008, 06:30 PM
You mean like Obama does?

So you are telling me that a governor of a state is less qualified to be V.P. than a man who did nothing in the senate for a few months and is a "community organizer" that thinks he is ready to be President?

Common GOP tactic now, when someone calls you out point the finger elsewhere. How about you address her negatives without one mention of Obama.. can you do it?

JConner
09-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Common GOP tactic now, when someone calls you out point the finger elsewhere. How about you address her negatives without one mention of Obama.. can you do it?

Because there are none! Wait....I think she was caught fishing without a license one time.

tony
09-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Because there are none! Wait....I think she was caught fishing without a license one time.

And this is exactly what I talk about when anyone, democrat or republican walks in here with an opinion. Objectivity and the lack thereof, no politician is perfect and if you think your candidate has no negatives then obviously you are using plain ignorance as a talking point, to which there is no logical response, but I hear it is bliss.

4dmin
09-12-2008, 09:57 PM
anyone else catching the rest of the interview... ?

she just got ripped apart on earmarks/bridge to no where - complete contradictions.

honestly - she is probably a nice lady but totally unfit to run our country. her inexperience totally showed in this interview. i can not wait for debates b/c she better brush up b/c biden is going to be a far stronger adversary then gibson. ;)

BanginJimmy
09-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Me, I am firmly on the Left, but I watch as much of the guys above as I watch of Arianna Huffington or Anderson Cooper or Keith Olberman, just to get a balanced view of whats going on.

The problem with that approach is that you dont get a blanced view of anyone. You only get the firsthest ends of the spectrum, nothing in the middle.

About the interview, which I only saw a small part of, it looked more like an interrogation than a friendly chat. Check out Gibson's body language and the way the set was put up. Chairs close together, making it difficult to cross or uncross their legs. Ginson spent the whole interview looking down at Palin over the tops of his glasses. Also Palin was hammered much worse than Obama with some of the same questions. The hubris comment was never made to Obama when he answered much the same way. All in all, it was your typical left wing biase interview meant to bring down Palin. She will see alot more of those before Nov 4.

BanginJimmy
09-13-2008, 09:45 AM
she just got ripped apart on earmarks/bridge to no where - complete contradictions.

Do you know what the earmaks were for? 6.6M for waste water treatment, 2m for storm and spring thaw runoff drainage upgrades, and 90k for something else.

So she flopped on the bridge, I can think of far worse things to flop on than that. At the same time Obama and Biden were voting for the funding for the bridge. I dont remember hearing that little tidbit mentioned though.

honestly - she is probably a nice lady but totally unfit to run our country. her inexperience totally showed in this interview. i can not wait for debates b/c she better brush up b/c biden is going to be a far stronger adversary then gibson. ;)

Unfit to run the country also describes Obama by your criteria. Hell, Obama couldnt pass a background check to goto the FBI academy. Associations with known terrorists and those known to spread anti-american speech would automaticly disqualify him.

tony
09-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I guess Obama is now the perpetual yard stick for all Republican nominees now since they cannot live up to their own fairytale standards.

4dmin
09-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Do you know what the earmaks were for? 6.6M for waste water treatment, 2m for storm and spring thaw runoff drainage upgrades, and 90k for something else. i guess you didn't even watch the interview... ya some like 3-4 million for seal research another 5 for crab migrations - lol

Alaska leads the country in earmarks and McCain is running on the record stating he is against such. kinda hard to change Washington when your VP choice is the example of such.

So she flopped on the bridge, I can think of far worse things to flop on than that. At the same time Obama and Biden were voting for the funding for the bridge. I dont remember hearing that little tidbit mentioned though. please support your statements with FACTS of voting records.

to run the country also describes Obama by your criteria. Hell, Obama couldnt pass a background check to goto the FBI academy. Associations with known terrorists and those known to spread anti-american speech would automaticly disqualify him. domestic terrorist are far worse then obama and bush happens to fall into the category. i'm sure you voted him into office :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
09-15-2008, 10:37 AM
el oh f*cking el @ the 70% of americans are for a semi-auto weapons ban statistic.

RutRoe
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Now noting that I'm not a big fan of either party, there are a few things I think are funny to point out.

1. I fully know Alaska is a state, but in my eyes, it's pretty much Canada to me. They have a fraction of the population of many other places, and I'd have to think realistically a fraction of the problems of many other large states.

I think it's really funny how people are on fox news and cnbc turning everything into a "sexist" argument. They have these scary women on saying it over and over.

Again, my opinion, but there had to have been better candidates out there for McCain to pick, and honestly when I heard he picked her, I thought to myself "well, he's done."

I don't think you could grab her and automatically get all the support that Hilary Clinton had. That seems "sexist" to me, but maybe there are people dumb enough to vote simply on that. But the more you stand back and look at it, you'll probably see that seems more and more what it was about. They just didn't have the repor that he and so many other people have had.

All I'm saying is, if he chose Mike Huccabee,I think it would have been in the bag. So maybe some part of me is glad he didn't.

I really don't know who will win or who I really want to right this minute, but I know I'm going to have a hard time voting for any republican after the last 8 years of this country. Believe it or not folks, it hasn't been so great, and I can't really think of any big areas where we needed improvement and we got it.

I just hope that if we're truly the smartest nation on the planet as we claim, that we'll be smart enough to have more than 2 parties one day, especially since there are millions of people that have trouble identifying with either of the two we've got.