PDA

View Full Version : track days??? v.2.0causeiagotdevirus

The BUCKY
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM
i am looking for some info on finding open track days. or even private track day events i can enter. is there a web site or forum or something where i can keep up with whats going on?

ATLTSX
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm also up for some information as well.

SLOWR/T
09-11-2008, 03:44 PM
i am looking for some info on finding open track days. or even private track day events i can enter. is there a web site or forum or something where i can keep up with whats going on?

PM MatthewAPM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183538&page=1&highlight=track+days

Search button is your friend.......... Noob

The BUCKY
09-11-2008, 03:46 PM
PM MatthewAPM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183538&page=1&highlight=track+days

Search button is your friend.......... Noob

go wreck your ricemobile.

SLOWR/T
09-11-2008, 03:47 PM
go wreck your ricemobile.

Least I can drive mine. :taun:

carbon_crash
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
:smileowne

hahahahahahaha

Jager Bomb

The BUCKY
09-11-2008, 03:50 PM
least i cant drive mine by choice and didnt flip it over a car or in the mtns

re :smileowne

Elbow
09-11-2008, 03:52 PM
SCCA PDX: www.atl-scca.org
NASA HPDE
Chin Motorsports

..all offer good track days. Also check out BMWCCA, and PCA.

Little Talladega offers rentals and private days where you can get friends together for a decent price as does Gainseville Raceway in Florida.

I've done both SCCA and NASA and work BMWCCA and PCA. PDX is only $100 for two twenty minute sessions...that's quite a bit of track time, especially for first times. It's enough to fade your brakes and wear you out.

The BUCKY
09-11-2008, 07:33 PM
i did a quick glance over that site guess i will have to take the time to look at it more. how often do you do track stuff? do i need to join scca?

Elbow
09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
i did a quick glance over that site guess i will have to take the time to look at it more. how often do you do track stuff? do i need to join scca?

Quite a bit, anything I can get my hands on. I started racing karts when I was ten or so and never looked back lol.

Yeah you will need to join the SCCA, really any club you will have to join to do their track events, but if you ran at like Little Talladega you won't need a membership.

I think they used to allow non SCCA members to do a PDX and get a temp. membership card for the weekend but I THINK they quit doing that.

The BUCKY
09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
i know i did a private event at lil tally few months back didnt need anything but i want to do more than 1 or 2 a yr

StraightSix
09-11-2008, 09:06 PM
NASA HPDE is the way to go, imo. We hold roughly 9 events through out the year. It can be a little pricey depending on the track, iirc Road Atlanta was like ~$350 for a two day event. For Road Atlanta, there was a total of 2 hours of track time plus class room.

Other tracks can yield more track time, Road Atlanta is our most popular event. We also go to Roebling Road in Savannah, Rockingham in NC, Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC, and we've been to Barber in Alabama in the past. Our next event is Rockingham on Sept. 20th and 21st.

Check out http://nasaproracing.com for more info about NASA and there's a link to the Southeast web site as well.

Other good programs to check out are SeatTime at Roebling Road and TurnOne at CMP. Both offer one day schools on Friday, and both will hold events on the Friday before a NASA weekend. Many of our regular instructors instruct for both SeatTime and TurnOne.

Chin is pretty good from what I've heard, but I don't know about their events from personal experience.

matthewAPM
09-13-2008, 12:55 PM
damnit. I have typed like a whole page of info in both this thread and in a message and both times it didnt work?!

bucky, ill talk to you at the next meet after i get back from cali

The BUCKY
09-13-2008, 01:12 PM
wth. lol.

Big Baller
09-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Nasa if you want track time.

Seattime usually has good instructors and lots of track time.

I instruct with both.

Matt