PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to convert from OBD0 to OBD2?

teh_mugen18
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I have a 90 teg, but the engine is on its way out. it needs a swap, and im looking for a motor thatll make my car somewhat quicker, and that will also have a really good potential for boost.

I think i've narrowed it down to either the B20z, or the B20b. Both of those motors are OBD2, and im not sure about the conversion. i already know what i need, and all of that, i just would like to know how difficult itll be.

Also, how will emissions work on a car thats supposed to be OBD0 with an OBD2 engine in it?

Scotsman
09-11-2008, 03:09 PM
go to rywire.com

silversol
09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
b20s are not a good motor to boost. but to make it simple you could just uses all the parts from your old ls motor. manafolds.sensors,dizzy, wiring harness will all swap over

xdavidscenex
09-11-2008, 03:52 PM
if you dont know how to change obdo to obd2 dont mess with your car. you will prob ruin it. have a shop do your swap. (advice) =p

Z0_o6
09-11-2008, 04:42 PM
LOL if you just want to put an obd2 motor in the car why convert? just leave the shiz you don't need (crank sensor) unplugged. if the ECU doesn't look for it, it doesn't matter. use the OBD-0 intake and such and it will be fine.

all-mota
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
these people are correct. you can swap the intake manifold injectors dizzy etc from the old engine to the new one and it makes the swap mush easier. or you an buy the conversion harnesses from rywire or another company.

if you want to update anything update the chassis to obd1 for the ease of tuning the engine if you plan to boost.

teh_mugen18
09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
update the chassis to obd1 for the ease of tuning the engine if you plan to boost.

please be more specific as to what you mean by "chassis":thinking:

EDIT: oh, you mean the ecu? cuz, i know that its easier to tune a obd1 ecu than it is a obd0 one....actually, i cant even get my obd0 one tuned, cuz its not one of the ones that Scotty does...