PDA

View Full Version : Misc Another Christian ?

leland_7
09-01-2005, 10:47 AM
So WE say we believe in God, and Jesus. We all know we don't want to go to hell.

Would you still Love God/Jesus/Holy spirit, if there was no hell???

Killer
09-01-2005, 10:52 AM
oops... that was my question by the way... i jumped on another computer not even thinking about logging in.... (leland 7 and i work together i was on his computer)

4dmin
09-01-2005, 10:55 AM
+10 for the great question

4dmin
09-01-2005, 10:56 AM
+10 for the great question

And the anwer would be NO, i'll tell you why... one good can't survive w/o evil, if there was not devil then there is no scapegoat for religion. You must have a bad guy to keep the masses in line. :goodjob:

Killer
09-01-2005, 11:25 AM
yay joel got credit for my question :doh: ... lol..

Wedge
09-01-2005, 11:38 AM
So WE say we believe in God, and Jesus. We all know we don't want to go to hell.

The Bible says the Devil believes in God (James 2:19) and he is lost. If all you do is simply believe that God exists, then you are no better off than he is. It is not just the intellectual acknowledgment of God's existence that God wants.

Pedal
09-01-2005, 12:33 PM
^^^^damn good answer but i still think along hte smae lines as paul (admin)

4dmin
09-01-2005, 12:37 PM
+10 for killer too

Pedal
09-01-2005, 12:41 PM
wedge needs a +10 for the above answer

Killer
09-01-2005, 01:05 PM
wedge didn't answer the question.... and i know there's more than just believing as a matter of fact i've said it quite often..... The question was more personal... i'm literally asking "YOU" (who ever reads this) if they would still love and worship God if there was no hell, or are you simply trying to get into heaven..???

ISAtlanta300
09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I do not totally understand the question...

do you mean that if there is no Hell that people should realize "why am I praying and worshipping anyway? There is no Hell anyway." Is that the question?

If so, yes... I would still worship him. Why? Because of all the things he has provided to me.

And just FYI, the scriptures says that there won't be a "hell" anymore as we know it today, in that.. the devil will be defeated and cast into the "pit of fire". Which means that "Evil" won't be able to manifest itself anymore.... Yet all those in Heaven won't stop Loving and Worshipping God...

The answer of "why" and "how" is greater than me, but you get the idea....

Jaimecbr900
09-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Great answer Wedge.

My answer is yes because I'm not a Christian simply to stay out of Hell.

Killer
09-01-2005, 03:59 PM
I do not totally understand the question...

do you mean that if there is no Hell that people should realize "why am I praying and worshipping anyway? There is no Hell anyway." Is that the question?

If so, yes... I would still worship him. Why? Because of all the things he has provided to me.

And just FYI, the scriptures says that there won't be a "hell" anymore as we know it today, in that.. the devil will be defeated and cast into the "pit of fire". Which means that "Evil" won't be able to manifest itself anymore.... Yet all those in Heaven won't stop Loving and Worshipping God...

The answer of "why" and "how" is greater than me, but you get the idea....

basically that was the question... i guess i'm askin because there are a lot of preachers that preach hell fire and brimstone instead of God's mercy, love, and grace. so there fore many people "get saved" just to stay out of hell.
and of course we'll worship in heaven... it's heaven... i'm talkin about now....

Killer
09-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Great answer Wedge.

he didn't answer the question... it's a great point though... like a said i use it all the time... cause on sunday's plenty of people believe in God, but the night before they're being all worldly and living for the devil (whether they realize it or not)

quickdodgeŽ
09-01-2005, 06:22 PM
I would still worship him. Why? Because of all the things he has provided to me.

May I ask what He has provided for you? A good job? You probably got that through an education and your work to get it. A house? Money from working hard paid for that. Anything you get in life, to me, can only be attributed to what you put in to life. Later, QD.

ISAtlanta300
09-01-2005, 08:38 PM
I am talking spiritually, QD...enlightment and such...... not earthly or material things. :)

quickdodgeŽ
09-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Oh ok. I wasn' trying to bash you. Just wondered what you meant. Later, QD.

Wedge
09-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Great answer Wedge.

Thank you, good answer yourself. The question had wrong information about just believing in God gets you out of hell, and that is the reason I answered it that way.

Part of me wants to say that if there was no hell, there would be no sin. I mean God intially created hell for the devil. The devil was the first to sin against God and was cast out of heaven. Where else is he going to go? Pretty stupid to rebel against the one person who gave you life, and total being, knowing he is all powerful. Maybe, God had to make a place for him to go that was so horrible, no body else would dare do the same. Sorry for the tangent, I know this was suppose to be personal question.

To answer the personal aspect, when I worship God, I actually enjoy it. God has created this perfect communication to Him. To the all powerful, all knowing person in the world, and any time you want to talk to him, you can. Any time you want to worship you can. I think that is pretty cool. People go to what they like. Kind of a reward and punishment. Like a rat jumping off a hot plate on the oven. He doesn't like it so he moves. It takes awhile to get to where you enjoy to worship God, and it's not always that easy. But I would say it is one of the most rewarding things I do.

Killer
09-02-2005, 08:46 AM
^^^^ i for sure stated that wrong... i kinda meant most people believe that just believing is enough... I KNOW IT'S NOT. so for that i apologize... but the main question was would u or would u not worship God if there was no hell... which you have now answered... AND THAT IS A GREAT ANSWER :goodjob:

It's great to hear these kinda answers from other Christians, and to know how my brothers and sisters in Christ feel about our heavenly father!!!!

Wedge
09-02-2005, 10:50 AM
^^^^ i for sure stated that wrong... i kinda meant most people believe that just believing is enough... I KNOW IT'S NOT. so for that i apologize... but the main question was would u or would u not worship God if there was no hell... which you have now answered... AND THAT IS A GREAT ANSWER :goodjob:

It's great to hear these kinda answers from other Christians, and to know how my brothers and sisters in Christ feel about our heavenly father!!!!

Thanks

The last time I went with a group witnessing, you wouldn't believe at how many times I heard the "scare" tactic. "You don't want to go to hell, do you?" "God doesn't send you to hell, you are." Which we believe is true, but I have to questions one's sincerity when they use that as a top reason for their beliefs. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go to hell either, but who would. I think God knows if we really want him, or if we just want fire insurance.

Killer
09-02-2005, 11:17 AM
For sure.... He know's our heart and our thoughts.... fire insurance... lol that's a good one...

Wedge
09-02-2005, 12:22 PM
For sure.... He know's our heart and our thoughts.... fire insurance... lol that's a good one...

never heard that? I have heard that so many times in sunday school, it's gotten so old. Oh well, just one of my snidbits.

Pedal
09-06-2005, 10:40 AM
i guss my answer to the question would be NO simply b/c i dont really believe in hell as is and i dont really believe in god as you do. so my answer must be NO

AtifSajid
09-06-2005, 12:31 PM
You know I would..it keeps me sane. I remember when I ditn practice or anything, i was a pretty crazy fucker...none of you all knew me then though. After I starte practicing, I saw the difference immediately. So I still do. I even can feel it the days that I miss out on my prayers, I start getting all cranky and minor things start pissing me off real bad.