PDA

View Full Version : Oil Prices

Brett
09-11-2008, 10:47 AM
The day is here we thought we would never see again or anytime soon. Oil as of today is still dropping and is down to $100.98. It has been dropping pretty quickly the past few weeks but with Ike out there in the Gulf, Oil is still dropping. We are going to maybe see under $100 prices here today or this week maybe

alpine_aw11
09-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Thank god. It's about damn time it stabilizes. But you never know, they could go right back up.

civic95
09-11-2008, 10:05 PM
So if the price per barrell has dropped over 30%, why hasn't the price per gallon dropped by 30%? It hasn't even dropped 20%.

OneSlow5pt0
09-11-2008, 10:10 PM
i paid 3.51 today
paid 3.49 yesterday

WTF?

blacknightteg
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
well they said on the news i think it was today that opec is trying to stablize the amount of output with the drop of prices.

90_ACCORD
09-11-2008, 10:17 PM
yeah just cuz oil is goin down tho the prices of gas have gone back up a bit and it probably is due to IKE. i dont really think prices are gonna go back down much till that has passed

tony
09-11-2008, 10:23 PM
OPEC cut production to offset the drop of Oil, which sucks because that probably means these prices at the pump are here to stay.

More proof that oil is a global commodity and offshore drilling will have no effect. They don't even provide the bulk of our oil.

Echonova
09-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Ugh... I give up trying to explain this every time the price goes up or down... If you can't beat'em, join'em.

It's George Bush's fault.

Echonova
09-11-2008, 10:29 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/kanasana/BT24271-2.jpg

Nittanys1
09-11-2008, 10:32 PM
the prices look like they are going to go back up due to Ike...SUXs as the three cars that I have to drive all are below 1/8th of a tank and i didnt get around to filling any of them up....

SPOOLIN
09-11-2008, 10:40 PM
man every gas station here this evening was packed with gas pumpers. It was almost like 9-11 all over again, its calmed down now, I filled up my ****s anyways though, some of the stations jumped to 3.99 yet again to gouge the people. We'll see tomorrow though when the morning rush starts, im waiting to see if every station is a PARKING LOT.

ironchef
09-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Gotta remember too that anytime you hear on the news that Oil is down to like $100 its for an oil contract in the following month. So, those kinds of changes won't trickle down for a couple of weeks, and even then it won't be super drastic.

Nittanys1
09-11-2008, 10:42 PM
damn i need gas and have plans this weekend...i SOOO should have fllled up yesterday....grrr...

LightningSpeed
09-11-2008, 10:58 PM
you guys know whats FKED UP? the saudis are paying 0.49 CENTS PER GALLON.

W T F??

slostang
09-11-2008, 11:03 PM
with the price drop it's still ****ėn bullshėt

Echonova
09-11-2008, 11:10 PM
F*ckin A!!!!!

F*ckin Saudi Moter F*ckers are keeping all the cheap gas for themselves. Those pricks should pump all their oil and sell it to us for .49 cents!!!!!!! I mean it's not like we have oil we can get our selves. Thoses assholes are just making money because they can!!!!

SPOOLIN
09-11-2008, 11:16 PM
F*ckin A!!!!!

F*ckin Saudi Moter F*ckers are keeping all the cheap gas for themselves. Those pricks should pump all their oil and sell it to us for .49 cents!!!!!!! I mean it's not like we have oil we can get our selves. Thoses assholes are just making money because they can!!!!

no shlt its called business. LOL. The price is higher because we have to use large ass tankers to get it here yadda yadda yadda.

Dracc
09-12-2008, 12:20 AM
just got a call from bacc home in South Carolina.. my cousin in sumpter is paying 5.12 for unleaded

redrumracer
09-12-2008, 12:51 AM
yea gas is going up because of that stupid ass hurricane coming into NC . seriously WHAT THE FUK IS IN NC THAT WILL AFFECT GAS PRICES???? i wish someone would shoot the people that decide the price of gas, and then shoot the next set of people if they dont pull their heads outta there ass and so on until it changes.

FlipKing
09-12-2008, 01:04 AM
I vote we nuke the middle east and russia, use our domestic oil for 50 years, then when the nuclear waste has cleared out, we use the rest of the worlds :goodjob: or we can just keep blaming presidents for **** they cant control.lol

redrumracer
09-12-2008, 01:13 AM
I vote we nuke the middle east and russia, use our domestic oil for 50 years, then when the nuclear waste has cleared out, we use the rest of the worlds :goodjob: or we can just keep blaming presidents for **** they cant control.lol
screw that if your going to kill innocent people then let it be the families of the people who make oil prices, but hell the innocent arent to blame so they dont deserve it to be killed, not saying the people who make the prices do, they just need to be shot. theyll either quit(the likely idea) or theyll stay and change prices or get shot again. then after 9 times they can quit and be a rapper and rap about how they got shot.

Brett
09-12-2008, 06:16 AM
So if the price per barrell has dropped over 30%, why hasn't the price per gallon dropped by 30%? It hasn't even dropped 20%.

They were talking about that last night on CNN actually. They say due to gas production at a halt from when Gustav made landfall, that drove prices up on fuel and now that Ike is making land fall that is still delaying production of gas again. Oil prices luckilly are not being affected to far from Ike, so as long as it keeps going down once all the production areas are back up within a week or so pending damage from Ike we should see relief

Brett
09-12-2008, 06:18 AM
damn i need gas and have plans this weekend...i SOOO should have fllled up yesterday....grrr...

yeah cause the 3 cent over night increase would make a difference :rolleyes: unless its like a .20 cent increase you wouldnt even notice it much, I mean if you think 3-4 cents a gallon will affect your total at the end, you need a calculator.

Brett
09-12-2008, 06:21 AM
yea gas is going up because of that stupid ass hurricane coming into NC . seriously WHAT THE FUK IS IN NC THAT WILL AFFECT GAS PRICES???? i wish someone would shoot the people that decide the price of gas, and then shoot the next set of people if they dont pull their heads outta there ass and so on until it changes.

What hurricane is going to N.C? Ike is the only one out there and thats going to Texas (Ya know... Home of oil production...

ironchef
09-12-2008, 06:30 AM
What hurricane is going to N.C? Ike is the only one out there and thats going to Texas (Ya know... Home of oil production...He probably meant to say TX, but he's dumb so who knows? :dunno:

Brett
09-12-2008, 06:31 AM
:lmfao:

Echonova
09-12-2008, 07:14 AM
They were talking about that last night on CNN actually. They say due to gas production at a halt from when Gustav made landfall, that drove prices up on fuel and now that Ike is making land fall that is still delaying production of gas again. Oil prices luckilly are not being affected to far from Ike, so as long as it keeps going down once all the production areas are back up within a week or so pending damage from Ike we should see reliefEdit: Nevermind, You didn't ask that question...

However, price of gas shot up 89 cents at the bulk plant yesterday, buy gas today before it hits the stores. After Ike passes if there is no or little damage, gas should drop to around $3.00.

Sammich
09-12-2008, 07:49 AM
just got a call from bacc home in South Carolina.. my cousin in sumpter is paying 5.12 for unleaded

i filled up as soon as my bro called me...filled up @ 3.58...havent seen the prices since i got up this morning tho

Kaiser
09-12-2008, 08:15 AM
They were talking about that last night on CNN actually. They say due to gas production at a halt from when Gustav made landfall, that drove prices up on fuel and now that Ike is making land fall that is still delaying production of gas again. Oil prices luckilly are not being affected to far from Ike, so as long as it keeps going down once all the production areas are back up within a week or so pending damage from Ike we should see relief

This wouldn't be an issue if the eco-freaks would back off the government and allow us to build a new refinery outside Birmingham and/or Columbus. Both of which fall well outside the major-damage zones of hurricanes but would EASILY be within distance to pipe/truck oil off the gulf coast to them, and would provide an even better staging point for trucking refined gas up and down the east coast. When the refineries were built out on the coast nobody was too concerned with gas prices. Hurricanes that hit there 10 years ago were just as strong and never caused a significant jump in gas prices. Now after Katrina the refinery owners had to clean up so much **** from not shutting the refineries down that they just them down whenever a TD gets close, let alone a strengthening Cat 2. Get used to gas prices being ridiculously high. We have all the oil we need and access to it, the hold-up is at the refinery level and it's a bottleneck that we really don't have a way to reasonably fix very quickly.

Of course we had this bottleneck five years ago too, and nobody did anything about it then because the Eco-freaks still said no. What ****ing rare ecology is there to ruin outside of Birmingham? Or Jackson? Or Columbus? Or Macon?

Dracc
09-12-2008, 10:54 AM
i filled up as soon as my bro called me...filled up @ 3.58...havent seen the prices since i got up this morning tho

yeah my cousin Drek Drives a 72 chevy impala, chrystler 300c and a range rover.. he called me as he was filling all of them up and was like

"aye cuz" real talk man gas iz abowt 2 b high as vegas hoes" you needz to hop on some real quik like be4 it getz to hi" lol hahahahah:lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
09-12-2008, 10:55 AM
people are f*cking idiots for running out there and gassing up like it's the end of the world all over again.

Sammich
09-12-2008, 10:59 AM
save a lil now to pay more later...stfu

Ran
09-12-2008, 11:00 AM
$3.65 for regular at QT today. Apparently the Gulf Coast is paying around $5 a gallon right now due to the evil hurricanes stopping oil production. :rolleyes:

Sammich
09-12-2008, 11:05 AM
$3.65 for regular at QT today. Apparently the Gulf Coast is paying around $5 a gallon right now due to the evil hurricanes stopping oil production. :rolleyes:

ABSOLUTE BEWL...ANYTIME THEY CAN GET EXTRA MONEY FROM US THEY WILL..THEN THEY WONDER WHY THEY CANT SELL HOMES AND WHY EVERYTHING ELSE IS FAILING

Brett
09-12-2008, 11:45 AM
people are f*cking idiots for running out there and gassing up like it's the end of the world all over again.

Yeah like when Katrina hit everyone went into panic and caused gas to sky rocket. Its people who panic who cause it to go up

KDM>JDM
09-12-2008, 01:07 PM
regular is $5.20 a gallon in barnsville (about 20min south of griffin) i filled up for 3.99

Nittanys1
09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I filled up the accord today for $3.65 then went home to get the next car and by the time i got back to the QT (which is only 1.4 miles away) the price had went up to $3.79!!!! SO i didnt fill the car up...lol

DJ Maestro
09-12-2008, 01:12 PM
regular is $5.20 a gallon in barnsville (about 20min south of griffin) i filled up for 3.99

Good God!! Sounds like Habeeb is price gouging. :eek:

Nittanys1
09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
wow!!!

KDM>JDM
09-12-2008, 01:18 PM
it was at the ingles gas station. the flash foods was $4.25

Mike Lowrey
09-12-2008, 01:19 PM
This shit is fuckin' stupid!

Crazy Asian
09-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Did yall hear what happened?

Saudi Arabia left OPEC. It's all over the news. Something about Brazil but someone go look it up.

tony
09-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Did yall hear what happened?

Saudi Arabia left OPEC. It's all over the news. Something about Brazil but someone go look it up.

Saudi Arabia vowed not to cut production which, if you understand the structure of a cartel is not uncommon. They're not leaving OPEC

AlanŽ
09-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Holy hell. Glad I got out of there yesterday and went home. I'm sittin on E though.

Leisa
09-12-2008, 02:06 PM
$99.99 currently

The Ninja
09-12-2008, 02:38 PM
^^ LOL! We saw in your other thread. :ninja: