PDA

View Full Version : Marietta's New Sound law

DaSmittyman
09-10-2008, 09:17 PM
So just got done watching the news, and marietta is putting in effect on friday that if the police can hear your music one hundred feet from your car you will be ticketed. The news is still on so i don't have a link but on it was reported on fox 5 or at least what i watched. Just a heads up, 100 feet isnt much and a stock stereo can play louder than that. so those of us with two 12's in the back just watch out :ninja: in marietta

flak_monkey
09-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Good thing I never go out there. Thanks a bunch for the heads up. i think this law was passed by the cumswilling lawmaking populous that have nothing better to do. Why don't they outlaw motorcycles? They are louder. I hear motorcycles than bass at night and I live near 85. So I get a lot of traffic.

DaSmittyman
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
or instead of worrying about music and worry about cars being stolen and **** like that

Nissan Sean
09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
ok WTF? really, are they really wasting there time on this bull sh!t......disappointing...

DB4LYFE ™
09-10-2008, 09:36 PM
yup they dont have anything better to do............. i heard this the other night on the news!!!

~DB4LYFE

DaSmittyman
09-10-2008, 09:40 PM
but i mean the law stats something like "If music can be heard outside of 100Feet than it is to loud and agains't the law" i know stock systems with **** speakers that can play louder than that i mean if my windows are down and my music would probbly half to be so low that i wouldn't be able hear the words but i have so much bass power lol

Hulud
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
damn you people are some of the most ignorant members on this site.

if they can hear your music from 100 feet away then how the hell are you gonna hear an emergency vehicle coming from a ways away?

damn, grow up and stop blasting your sh*tty f*cking music

EG6
09-10-2008, 10:44 PM
This has been a law for awhile now... (at least in gwinnett co.)

BanginJimmy
09-11-2008, 09:24 AM
damn you people are some of the most ignorant members on this site.

if they can hear your music from 100 feet away then how the hell are you gonna hear an emergency vehicle coming from a ways away?

damn, grow up and stop blasting your sh*tty f*cking music

Gotta agreee with this one. You can thank all of the idiots that have their **** sounding systems turned all the way up at midnight in a subdivision. I deal with it all the time in my subdivision and its annoying as hell. I hope each and every one of these little punks have their **** taken away.

Sport1.3
09-11-2008, 09:38 AM
i agree with the law. I'm tired as fvck hearing my neighbor when he enters the neighborhood half a mile away with his 21308219 subs he has in his pos 91" explorer. it rattles my windows at 3 am. There is no way you need to be listening to music that loud, forcibly making everyone else around you listen to the same garbage. I do though also agree with the motorcycle comment, especially the cruisers with aftermarket pipes.....they are equally loud and annoying. I cant wait for the day that bikes require emissions compliance

DaSmittyman
09-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Gotta agreee with this one. You can thank all of the idiots that have their **** sounding systems turned all the way up at midnight in a subdivision. I deal with it all the time in my subdivision and its annoying as hell. I hope each and every one of these little punks have their **** taken away.

not that i don't think playing it at midnight or ridiculous times should be aloud. im not one to rattle the house, but im just saying that police have bigger fish to fry. besides that, i don't listen to rap, classic rock rock anything else ftw. no offense to rap but eh makes no sense same thing repeated over and over.

Glides
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
So just got done watching the news, and marietta is putting in effect on friday that if the police can hear your music one hundred feet from your car you will be ticketed. The news is still on so i don't have a link but on it was reported on fox 5 or at least what i watched. Just a heads up, 100 feet isnt much and a stock stereo can play louder than that. so those of us with two 12's in the back just watch out :ninja: in marietta

AWESOME!!! So in all actuallity, we should bee seeing Harley Davidsons lined up by the hundreds getting exhaust noise tickets.....wait. :2up:

DaSmittyman
09-11-2008, 10:33 AM
AWESOME!!! So in all actuallity, we should bee seeing Harley Davidsons lined up by the hundreds getting exhaust noise tickets.....wait. :2up: and choppers can't forget about them

Sport1.3
09-11-2008, 10:35 AM
AWESOME!!! So in all actuallity, we should bee seeing Harley Davidsons lined up by the hundreds getting exhaust noise tickets.....wait. :2up:

yes.....they are fvcking annoyingly loud. If racetracks have sound restrictions, then so should public roads/streets

Sport1.3
09-11-2008, 10:36 AM
not that i don't think playing it at midnight or ridiculous times should be aloud. im not one to rattle the house, but im just saying that police have bigger fish to fry. besides that, i don't listen to rape, classic rock rock anything else ftw. no offense to rape but eh makes no sense same thing repeated over and over.

RAP

but the rape word made me EL OH EL

DaSmittyman
09-11-2008, 10:42 AM
RAP

but the rape word made me EL OH EL

what can i say i went to georgia schools 52nd in the country :doh:

Sport1.3
09-11-2008, 10:43 AM

lol

Glides
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM

Don't blame the schools. Blame your hearing from listening to all that loud Rape music. Thats what this law is trying to curb :D

Sport1.3
09-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Don't blame the schools. Blame your hearing from listening to all that loud Rape music. Thats what this law is trying to curb :D

if rape had a theme song.....what would it be

Blitanicle99
09-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't really give a rats ass what the new law is. If I want to listen to my music (usually rock or alt rock) at a decent level, I will. I don't have subs, just good speakers where its loud and clear. My truck is a diesel, and the engine itself drowns out all the noise.

DaSmittyman
09-11-2008, 12:16 PM
ha rap, rock classic rock anything with a guitar ftw