PDA

View Full Version : Misc My Bands

Bishop
03-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Atreyu, Across Five Aprils, Norma Jean, It Dies Today, Alexisonfire, Fear Before the March of Flames, Poison the Well, Shai Hulud............

Anyone Else?

quickdodgeŽ
03-20-2005, 08:50 PM
NWA, CMW, Duran Duran, Talking Heads, Van Halen, PPC among others. Later, QD.

4dmin
03-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Atreyu, Across Five Aprils, Norma Jean, It Dies Today, Alexisonfire, Fear Before the March of Flames, Poison the Well, Shai Hulud............

Anyone Else?
all good... i'm an old ATL hardcore kid back from the Act of Faith, Quadiliacha, Broken, Dawn of Orion, Whipper Snapper, MFR, etc. days.... i like black/death/speed metal , grindcore, hardcore, metalcore, indie, ambient, punk, etc... anything that you can rock out to :guitar:

Bishop
03-21-2005, 09:48 AM
all good... i'm an old ATL hardcore kid back from the Act of Faith, Quadiliacha, Broken, Dawn of Orion, Whipper Snapper, MFR, etc. days.... i like black/death/speed metal , grindcore, hardcore, metalcore, indie, ambient, punk, etc... anything that you can rock out to :guitar:

Awesome. Yeah, Black Paper Diary (R.I.P.) Was from atlanta...Now some of their members made Twilight of the Idols. Alexisonfire is going to be at the madquerade on the 30th. I'll be there and chris is goin to (4bangin)

Pher
03-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I have never been able to get into Atreyu even with my friends strongest attempts.

uberdude328i
03-21-2005, 07:31 PM
I like [insert your favorite band here, as long as its not country]. Seriously, I'll listen to anything that has the tinyist splinter of talent.

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Mobb Deep, Nas, LOX, Canibus, Do Or Die

Bishop
03-22-2005, 09:50 AM
I have never been able to get into Atreyu even with my friends strongest attempts.

Ahhh thats just crazy. Atreyu is the shit. Lip Gloss and Black is the best song.

Macro
03-22-2005, 10:11 AM
at the drive-in, deftones, day afte rday, colossick, sour green, ledgen has it, weezer, 311, rufio, queen of the stone age, stained, atreyu, green day, and many more...

Macro
03-22-2005, 10:12 AM
oooo and i'm a screw head, anything that is SCREWED AND CHOPPED I WILL LISTEN TOO.

Boneswiss
03-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Atreyu Puts On A Good Show... Dummer is SIXK... Saw em with Taking Back Sunday

Whatthatslame
03-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Tony Danzas tapdance extravganza, The Number Twelve Looks like you, Crytopsy, Alexisonfire, IT Dies Today, The Chariot, Old Underoath, old Poison the Well, American Nightmare (Give Up The Ghost), Pig Destroyer, Between The Buried and Me, Converge, The Adicts, Blitz, Fear Before the March of Flames, As I lay Dying, and theres a ton others but i feel ive listed to many as it is...

Ps. If any body knows and Drummers that can play pretty good Grind/Death/Chaotic/metal then gimme a holla cause my bands been looking for some one for a while now and we've found none in the macon area.

CodyW
03-31-2005, 05:40 PM
i just saw alexisonfire last night, they put on a great show. definately one of my favorite bands as of lately.

oh, and armor for sleep is amazing for anyone that hasn't heard them. they just released a new album last month and it's freaking incredible. i saw them here a few weeks ago and i think i might drive up to nashville on saturday to see them again.

chuck
03-31-2005, 05:52 PM
i just saw alexisonfire last night, they put on a great show. definately one of my favorite bands as of lately.

oh, and armor for sleep is amazing for anyone that hasn't heard them. they just released a new album last month and it's freaking incredible. i saw them here a few weeks ago and i think i might drive up to nashville on saturday to see them again.
haha, i was there too, i thought they rocked. i thought that first bad sounded like poop, but it may have been the sound issues. but yeah that was a killer concert.

THEONE
03-31-2005, 06:03 PM
pantera,hate breed,soul fly,marilyn manson,slipknot,static X

neil young,creed,old metallica,interpol,the cure,and the list goes on and on and on.but i do like a wide variety of music

CodyW
03-31-2005, 06:08 PM
i missed most of the first band's set (the black maria), but i have their cd and it's kinda good. their guitar player used to be in grade (if you're familiar with them) who rocked, and they kinda have a similiar feel.

chuck
03-31-2005, 06:41 PM
i missed most of the first band's set (the black maria), but i have their cd and it's kinda good. their guitar player used to be in grade (if you're familiar with them) who rocked, and they kinda have a similiar feel.
well maybe it was the sound then, i was standing in the back right next to the sound board guy and he was messing with it, talking to the other guy and exchanging head shakes with him the whole first set...but then the second band came up and they sounded a lot better and the sound guys were just kicked back.

i wish i would have known more IA peeps were gonna be there, i went with 4bangin and one other guy but it would have been nice to meet some new people.

Tracer
03-31-2005, 08:08 PM
TOOL, Deftones, Sevendust, ZAO, Staind, One Side Zero, Boy Hits Car, Coal Chamber, Korn, Disturbed, and Trust Company. Those are a few I really like.

THEONE
03-31-2005, 10:20 PM
good stuff^^^ havent heard of one side zero.but the others are cool.im a huge david dramien fan.....

Hulud
03-31-2005, 11:43 PM
well maybe it was the sound then, i was standing in the back right next to the sound board guy and he was messing with it, talking to the other guy and exchanging head shakes with him the whole first set...but then the second band came up and they sounded a lot better and the sound guys were just kicked back.

i wish i would have known more IA peeps were gonna be there, i went with 4bangin and one other guy but it would have been nice to meet some new people.
yea my brother (Black Paper Diary) and i were gonna go but he had to work and i am out of the funds. Anyone going to see Silverstein on the 17th? Or Stranger By Day at swayzes saturday?

Hulud
03-31-2005, 11:47 PM
o yea bands i listen to: Fordirelifesake, Atreyu, Shai Hulud, The Bled, It Dies Today, Stretch Arm Strong, Norma Jean, Bane, Silverstein, the list goes on but im goin to bed...

GTScoob
04-01-2005, 12:25 AM
that Rise Against, AOF, . . . show was pretty good. I like the AOF cd a lot but something just didnt click with me and I didnt like them live at all.

In Flames, Children of Bodom, Shadows Fall, Atreyu, Glassjaw, Strung Out, HIM, etc

I listen to so much music but those are some of my favs that you guys would recognize.

Bishop
04-01-2005, 02:42 PM
AHHHHHHHHH I hate all of you!!!!!! I was going to go to that show but i had to work. I told Chris about it....Damnit this sucks.

Chuckster
04-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Korn, LP, SOAD, The Offspring, mushroom head, 311, BLiNK 182, Oasis, The Transplants, Steriogram, NIN, Tool, Godsmack, Dave Mathews Band, Shattersphere, Dry Kill Logic...list can go on and on and on but all time fav is KoRn

Hulud
04-04-2005, 10:34 PM

Whatthatslame
04-04-2005, 10:39 PM
o yea bands i listen to: Fordirelifesake, Atreyu, Shai Hulud, The Bled, It Dies Today, Stretch Arm Strong, Norma Jean, Bane, Silverstein, the list goes on but im goin to bed...
all damn good bands you should check out Texas Is on Fire.

Hulud
04-04-2005, 11:21 PM
ok are they on purevolume or hxcmp3?

Bishop
04-04-2005, 11:26 PM
ok are they on purevolume or hxcmp3?

http://www.purevolume.com/texasisonfire

Bishop
04-04-2005, 11:31 PM
all damn good bands you should check out Texas Is on Fire.

Thank you. Thats some good stuff. :goodjob:

Hulud
04-04-2005, 11:36 PM
anyone gonna see silverstein April 17th?

Bishop
04-04-2005, 11:43 PM
I might go...but i'll be there on May 5th to see The Chariot and Fear before the march of flames. Underoath and These Arms Are Snakes will be there too.

Hulud
04-04-2005, 11:45 PM
dude u dont need to respond to my questions on here. you can simply walk the whol 5 feet to my room and say "hey i might go"

Bishop
04-04-2005, 11:46 PM
you were in the bathroom dick

GTScoob
04-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Forgot about Underoath and Stretch Arm Strong. I listened to both bands a lot back in high school.

Hulud
04-06-2005, 12:49 PM
yea good shit

Whatthatslame
04-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Ill probly be going to the Chariot and Fear Before for show they are great but i don't care so much for the new underoath. Dallas was much better, his new Band kicks ass though

Maylene and the sons of Disaster (http://www,myspace.com/mayleneandthesonsofdisaster)

Hulud
04-06-2005, 02:57 PM
yea true older onderoath was better. not just vocals but musically it didnt sound so poppy. the old stuff had more breakdowns and shit, changing of times is a good cd. i am thinkin about going to that show but underoath is on the radio so it will prolly be sold out and blow cause all the little kids and their parents will be there. Plus the Atreyu/Norma Jean show was sold out and there was no radio bands on that set. so idunno should be an ok show

Whatthatslame
04-06-2005, 03:08 PM
it all depends if ive got the money, and if i have a car by then... cuase ive been wanting to see fear before for about 2 years now. But yeah old underoath was really good muscily in my opinion Changing of times is a good Cd but def not their best. I still can get over how awsome they used to be and now what they have come to be its just crapy they should just change there name cause there not even underoath anymore.

Hulud
04-06-2005, 08:24 PM
I still can get over how awsome they used to be and now what they have come to be its just crapy they should just change there name cause there not even underoath anymore.
lol true

GTScoob
04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
haha thats funny that you guys say that.

When I listen to music I never listen to the vocals, I just listen to the arranging and the structure of the music. Underoath really didnt change that much style-wise on their new CD its mainly just the new singer. I like it a lot but had a face like this :eek: when I first heard it. Listening to their CDs back to back it doesnt seem like there is as much of a difference with Changing of Times/Only Chasing Safety as there was between Changing of Times, Cries of the Past, and Acts of Depression.

I was the same way with the newest Stretch cd but it never really grew on me.

Hulud
04-06-2005, 10:12 PM
What?!?!?!? :confused:
The new cd is completely different than changing of times. Where are the breakdowns, where are the heavy parts that you can dance to?
Where is the Hardcore?
New Underoath=Taking Back Sunday
Does anyone else see this?

Hulud
04-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Yea new Stretch i can do without it never grew on me either....
Kinda sad cause they are so much fun to see live.

Hulud
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Anyone listen to remembering never?

Bishop
04-07-2005, 10:26 PM
^^Good shizzle

Hulud
04-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Fo Shizzle Nizzle Dizzle Bizzle

Hulud
04-08-2005, 05:58 PM
so no one else listen to Remembering Never?

4bangin
04-09-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm still not sure if I want to go see Underoath or not. Once a band hits the radio or tv (eventhough that is good for them) their following usually goes to shit. I guess we'll see.

Ryno
04-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Hardcore died. It is all now metal, which isn't a bad thing imo.

I used to play in hardcore/metal bands between 94-99 and two of the guys that were in my band are now in one of the most popular hardcore bands out there right now. They're sell outs...lol.

Bishop
04-09-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm still not sure if I want to go see Underoath or not. Once a band hits the radio or tv (eventhough that is good for them) their following usually goes to shit. I guess we'll see.

Yeah, thats true. But im going to leave when underoath plays. Im just going for The chariot and fear before the march of flames. You should come chris.

Bishop
04-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Hardcore died. It is all now metal, which isn't a bad thing imo.

I used to play in hardcore/metal bands between 94-99 and two of the guys that were in my band are now in one of the most popular hardcore bands out there right now. They're sell outs...lol.

Which band would that be?

Whatthatslame
04-09-2005, 02:06 PM
^^^^ im intrested also...

4bangin
04-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, thats true. But im going to leave when underoath plays. Im just going for The chariot and fear before the march of flames. You should come chris.

I probably will. But I'm a cheap ass, so if I pay to get in I'm staying until every band is done heh

Bishop
04-09-2005, 02:56 PM
lol. I know what ya mean. I just might have to stay too....if i can gather some money....breakin' open the piggy bank

Bishop
04-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Also...on May 22 It Dies Today will be playing. Just them and "Machine Head" is headlining. Who ever the hell that is. I couldn't find them on purevolume.com

Ryno
04-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Which band would that be?

Terror, they are playing at Swayzees in Marietta next month. I can get 4 people in the show so if any local guys want to go shoot me PM and I'll put you on the list.

Hulud
04-09-2005, 05:18 PM
chris you are correct! :goodjob:

Hulud
04-09-2005, 05:20 PM
PM SENT!

Hulud
04-09-2005, 05:20 PM
What band were you in between 94-99?

Hulud
04-09-2005, 05:22 PM
yea but it can happen before the radio. like i have always seen atreyu everytime they come to the Atl. i remember when i was one of the VERY few who knew them now its crazy cause all the kids want to be "cool" and like atreyu

Bishop
04-09-2005, 05:37 PM
yea but it can happen before the radio. like i have always seen atreyu everytime they come to the Atl. i remember when i was one of the VERY few who knew them now its crazy cause all the kids want to be "cool" and like atreyu

Yeah, ever since they came with taking back sunday

Hulud
04-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah, ever since they came with taking back sunday
nah, ever since fata

4bangin
04-09-2005, 07:58 PM

Atreyu is played on Fuse now also.

Whatthatslame
04-09-2005, 09:57 PM
FATA = From Awsome To Average

Atreyu just isnt as good as they used to.. its sad.
cause i used to be a giant fan of theirs...

Ryno - Terror is awsome i went and saw them like last year major props to you...

Hulud
04-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Atreyu is played on Fuse now also.
yea we poor people down here have no satellite

99NissanAltima
04-10-2005, 01:48 AM
NWA,CMP,T.I Boyz N Da hood,U2,and Jimmy Eat Word thats the shit

4bangin
04-10-2005, 07:21 AM
yea we poor people down here have no satellite

Oh ok. I have digital cable. Satellite sucks :D Underoath is play on Fuse alot, too.

Ryno
04-10-2005, 08:37 AM
What band were you in between 94-99?

Sworn Vengeance, Downshift, and Son of Mourning

Hulud
04-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Oh ok. I have digital cable. Satellite sucks :D Underoath is play on Fuse alot, too.
yea underoath is on 96.7 the buzz

Hulud
04-10-2005, 05:00 PM
NWA,CMP,T.I Boyz N Da hood,U2,and Jimmy Eat Word thats the shit

GTScoob
04-10-2005, 07:23 PM
man you guys are bitter.

I guess I'm immune to a lot of this shit because I never ever listen to the radio or watch MTV. I hate going to shows now because there are always assholes.

Rise Against was awesome because they called all of the "new fans" out. First they played "1000 Good Intentions" and then all the kids who were singing all along to their other songs just sat there because they didnt know it. Then later the singer thanked the older fans "who knew that Rise Against had THREE Cds instead of TWO". Then they played Alive and Well.

4bangin
04-10-2005, 07:45 PM
I've never really cared much who liked a band first. Not everyone can know about every decent band right after they come out. The thing that I hate is people who see a abnd on tv or hear them on the radio for the first time, buy their newest cd, then tell everyone they've liked the band forever just to try and look cool.

Bishop
04-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I've never really cared much who liked a band first. Not everyone can know about every decent band right after they come out. The thing that I hate is people who see a abnd on tv or hear them on the radio for the first time, buy their newest cd, then tell everyone they've liked the band forever just to try and look cool.

^^^ I know exactly what you mean. LOL

Hulud
04-10-2005, 10:26 PM
true

Hulud
04-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Rise Against was awesome because they called all of the "new fans" out. First they played "1000 Good Intentions" and then all the kids who were singing all along to their other songs just sat there because they didnt know it. Then later the singer thanked the older fans "who knew that Rise Against had THREE Cds instead of TWO". Then they played Alive and Well.
Man thats fucking amazing!

CLEAN-ASS-EK
04-15-2005, 09:56 AM
hey if anyone is interested I have an extra ticket to the SOLD OUT Jimmy Eat World & Taking Back Sunday concert on April 26th. For the price and further deatails click the link.http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=49276#post49276

Hulud
04-18-2005, 10:50 PM
^^^wrong thread to post that in

Hulud
04-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Ill probly be going to the Chariot and Fear Before for show they are great but i don't care so much for the new underoath. Dallas was much better, his new Band kicks ass though

Maylene and the sons of Disaster (http://www,myspace.com/mayleneandthesonsofdisaster)
did u know that dallas wasnt the original singer? he used to do the keys!!

Whatthatslame
04-19-2005, 04:57 PM
He was the original singer, he actualy did both... sang and played keyboards...doesnt really matter now tho does it?

eViLMunkey
04-22-2005, 07:54 AM
M.S.I., Fear Factory, KMFDM, and more to come...

Hulud
04-22-2005, 09:27 AM
He was the original singer, he actualy did both... sang and played keyboards...doesnt really matter now tho does it?
o i was told wrong then, someone told me he moved from keys to sing. lol but yea it doesnt matter now though