PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul says f*ck you Mccain

Hulud
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
well not in those words, but thats what he basically said.

WASHINGTON - Republican Rep. Ron Paul, the libertarian-leaning Texas lawmaker who attracted a devoted following in the GOP primaries, said Wednesday he rejected an appeal to endorse John McCain's presidential bid.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080910/ap_on_el_pr/ron_paul_third_parties

Heres to you Ron Paul :cheers:

4dmin
09-10-2008, 03:47 PM
nice - this guy was by far the best choice for president

Hulud
09-10-2008, 03:48 PM
yup, 90% sure he's still gettin my vote :goodjob:

Total_Blender
09-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Ron Paul would make a better candidate than McCain. He really had his **** together in his campaign. His economic policy of "cut as much spending as possible" and his libertarian social policies are what we need from the right now, more in line with the Teddy Roosevelt/Barry Goldwater than Reagan/Bush. Its good to see he's taking the high road and staying clear of endorsing McCain.

metalman
09-10-2008, 04:19 PM

I must agree. :goodjob:

redrumracer
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
i do believe we all would have to agree here. but as far as the elections ill have to choose the lesser of the 2 evils instead of voting for someone that doesnt have a chance.

metalman
09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
i do believe we all would have to agree here. but as far as the elections ill have to choose the lesser of the 2 evils instead of voting for someone that doesnt have a chance.

And thats a 'flaw' in our American system of thinking I believe. We think we always have to root for a winning team.

The notion that we should only vote for a candidate we think can win ensures the ones with the most political clout and $$ will always win....NOT those who are most qualified or have the best plan at a time when its needed.

If we think back Harry Truman did all of humanity a favor and saved millions of lives when he authorized the nuking of Japan. I doubt people would have considered him 'winable' for the presidency the first time, he was a replacment VP candidate and rode in on the Roosevelt name/ticket, yet he was the man for the job when crunch time came.

willum14pb
09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I wish ron paul won the republican nominee.. however, in that article i didn't see him giving an F U to either candidate.. he simply said they both sucked and we're voting for the lesser of two evils. He chose not to support mccain because he dislikes him just as much as obama, so no reason for him to throw his support behind either one. Which i agree with completely. Ron Paul was this only countries chance at a serious bounce back and now we're all ****ed.

alpine_aw11
09-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Guys like Ron Paul need to be given more opportunities to voice their opinions. Guarantee you he would tear McCain and Obama apart in a debate. I mean he may have no shot at winning, but third party opinions like his need to be voiced to at least get the population to actually think. He would've had my vote, and now I'm left with two ****ty candidates that are forcing me to strongly consider not voting.

Sport1.3
09-11-2008, 09:44 AM

werd.....yet he stands no chance :(

Spektrewing386
09-11-2008, 11:01 AM
i dont think it is even possible to vote for him. hes off the ballot.

4dmin
09-11-2008, 11:27 AM
it would be awesome to see debates to include other parties the problem w/ this country is you have to hold a significant % of voters to do such. america is too dumb to ask for anything else Perot was probably the last chance for a long time to see a 3rd party in the debates.

Hulud
09-11-2008, 11:58 AM
i dont think it is even possible to vote for him. hes off the ballot.
wow have you NEVER voted before? lol

you can write him in. the more votes he gets the more funding he will receive for next election