PDA

View Full Version : Republican Crybabies Part, uh XXVIII?

Maniacc
09-10-2008, 01:49 PM
John McCain’s campaign said Tuesday Barack Obama’s reference to “lipstick on a pig” to describe the Republican’s vow to bring change to Washington was offensive language, and a slap at VP nominee Sarah Palin – despite the fact that the Arizona senator himself used the phrase last year to describe a policy proposal of Hillary Clinton’s.

Obama made the remarks at a Virginia campaign stop late Tuesday afternoon. “John McCain says he’s about change too, and so I guess his whole angle is, ‘Watch out George Bush – except for economic policy, health care policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy and Karl Rove-style politics – we’re really gonna shake things up in Washington,’” Obama said.

“That’s not change. That’s just calling something the same thing something different. You know you can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig. You know you can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change, it’s still going to stink after eight years. We’ve had enough of the same old thing.”The latest retarded sh*t republitards are crying about - http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/09/mccain-camp-says-lipstick-on-a-pig-is-trip-through-the-mud/

sabastian458
09-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Right, ok. So what are we going to do when Obama raises our taxes, and then raises the taxes on the "richer" people in America? And by "richer" Obama means any household who's income is greater than $117,000.

metalman
09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I thought Barack Obama’s reference to “lipstick on a pig” was a reference to Mrs Obama or Oprah....I had no idea.

Maniacc
09-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Right, ok. So what are we going to do when Obama raises our taxes, and then raises the taxes on the "richer" people in America? And by "richer" Obama means any household who's income is greater than $117,000.Dance, sing, and call our Republican co-workers to gloat?

4dmin
09-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Right, ok. So what are we going to do when Obama raises our taxes, and then raises the taxes on the "richer" people in America? And by "richer" Obama means any household who's income is greater than $117,000.

where do you come up w/ this sh!t? he has proposed tax increase for anyone making 250+k plus extra tax breaks for elderly who make under 50k. his tax plan has already been studied by 3rd party analyst and will save 95% of americans more then mccains policy.

furthermore where the hell did you get such a odd number 117k :thinking::lmfao:

tony
09-10-2008, 03:47 PM
where do you come up w/ this sh!t? he has proposed tax increase for anyone making 250+k plus extra tax breaks for elderly who make under 50k. his tax plan has already been studied by 3rd party analyst and will save 95% of americans more then mccains policy.

Its not worth it, the truth is subject to whatever republicans deem it to be now. They'll tell you the sky is green and you're unpatriotic should you decide to actually look up to find out for yourself.

DevilK9
09-10-2008, 03:49 PM

Hey....who do you think you are spouting out truth and objectivity?

This is IA for gods sake.

Alan®
09-10-2008, 03:55 PM

X2

4dmin
09-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Its not worth it, the truth is subject to whatever republicans deem it to be now. They'll tell you the sky is green and you're unpatriotic should you decide to actually look up to find out for yourself.

fo sho... its ok i will fight the war of lies till the election is over. never cease to amaze me the sh!t people believe. this is why you don't see republicans running on policy. if people knew how ****ed up they were on some of their policies they would think 2x - it is much easier to lie/twist the truth about your oppenant then it is to run on ideas/meret alone :goodjob:

.::UNKNOWN::.
09-10-2008, 10:26 PM
fo sho... its ok i will fight the war of lies till the election is over. never cease to amaze me the sh!t people believe. this is why you don't see republicans running on policy. if people knew how ****ed up they were on some of their policies they would think 2x - it is much easier to lie/twist the truth about your oppenant then it is to run on ideas/meret alone :goodjob:

see i am a libertarian i lean to the left and the right at times.... more toward the right than the left..... these higher taxes that obama proposes hits the small business owners the hardest.... the majority of small business owners don't relize that they need to convert over to a llc or something of that nature.... when they get hit the unemployment rate will skyrocket just like it did when the government raised the minimum wage..... me personally dont thing a bag boy should get paid 7.25 an hour but if that is the extent of your skills and you are trying to support a family being the bag boy at publix you need a reality check... i have no sympathy toward these dipsh!ts that get prenant and live off walfare.... i am 23 with my own house and i dont have a college education.... the oppertunities are out there but people have that lazy gimmmie erything i need mentality..... i need gas to get to work so gimmie, i need health insurance so take money from the people who work hard and earn it and pay for my health insurance so i can support by 27 kids..... WTF........ it really pissed me off today i seen a mexican(he was legal) today opening his disability check from the government because he pinched a nerve in his back and my aunt who worked all the way up to she was diagnosed with MS and was put into a wheelchair and the government(especially the democrates who care so much about the middle class) tells her no you do not qualify for the benefits......WTF..... i am not a republican nutswinger b4 the attacks start.... sean hannity bothers and so does rush limwhatever..... bush did some good things but screwd up alot more........ the bush tax cuts are amazing..... and for the people who say well that makes the deficit larger look at atlanta how many times has the mayor raised taxes and yet the deficit continues to grow......... look at michigan governor jennifer granholm she raises taxes to offset the deficit but the deficit groes..... there are 2 instances explain why that happened ....... finger taps

oh yeah i am still waiting on a reply about the raise in minimum wage and how it affect the unemployment rate....... finger taps harder

Alan®
09-10-2008, 10:43 PM
see i am a libertarian i lean to the left and the right at times.... more toward the right than the left..... these higher taxes that obama proposes hits the small business owners the hardest.... the majority of small business owners don't relize that they need to convert over to a llc or something of that nature.... when they get hit the unemployment rate will skyrocket just like it did when the government raised the minimum wage..... me personally dont thing a bag boy should get paid 7.25 an hour but if that is the extent of your skills and you are trying to support a family being the bag boy at publix you need a reality check... i have no sympathy toward these dipsh!ts that get prenant and live off walfare.... i am 23 with my own house and i dont have a college education.... the oppertunities are out there but people have that lazy gimmmie erything i need mentality..... i need gas to get to work so gimmie, i need health insurance so take money from the people who work hard and earn it and pay for my health insurance so i can support by 27 kids..... WTF........ it really pissed me off today i seen a mexican(he was legal) today opening his disability check from the government because he pinched a nerve in his back and my aunt who worked all the way up to she was diagnosed with MS and was put into a wheelchair and the government(especially the democrates who care so much about the middle class) tells her no you do not qualify for the benefits......WTF..... i am not a republican nutswinger b4 the attacks start.... sean hannity bothers and so does rush limwhatever..... i thourally agree with neal boortz..... bush did some good things but screwd up alot more........ the bush tax cuts are amazing..... and for the people who say well that makes the deficit larger look at atlanta how many times has the mayor raised taxes and yet the deficit continues to grow......... look at michigan governor jennifer granholm she raises taxes to offset the deficit but the deficit groes..... there are 2 instances explain why that happened ....... finger taps

Converting over to an LLC from what I understand doesn't really affect your tax rate(don't quote me as I don't really know but I'm taking a stab in the dark) the thing is that MOST small business owners dont even pay capital gains taxes which is what Obama wants to do :thinking: . Sounds great but doesn't actually do anything. Kinda like what John Edwards did back when he was running his practice and was collecting all the money from all those class action lawsuits. I saw this thing last week(forget where)but Obama was talking about giving those who make $250K a year a $500 tax credit :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: .Give me a break. If we pull out of Iraq and start saving the $10 billion dollars a month why do we need to hike taxes on those who make more than $250K? :thinking: It's this type of logic from democrats and the Obama camp that makes no sense to me.

.::UNKNOWN::.
09-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Converting over to an LLC from what I understand doesn't really affect your tax rate(don't quote me as I don't really know but I'm taking a stab in the dark) the thing is that MOST small business owners dont even pay capital gains taxes which is what Obama wants to do :thinking: . a small buisness that doesn't convert then that owner has to claim the business earnings on a personal income tax that is how it effects them:goodjob: notice i said earning not profits...

Alan®
09-10-2008, 11:26 PM
a small buisness that doesn't convert then that owner has to claim the business earnings on a personal income tax that is how it effects them:goodjob: notice i said earning not profits...
I know that I thought you meant by converting it to an LLC from something else.

I gotta talk to my friend thats an accountant but he explained something weird to me like i said I don't claim to know everything I simply fail to see the logic on why we need to hike up the taxes on 5% of the country when we are supposed to be pulling out of a war inside of 16 months and saving ourselves $10 billion a month. :rolleyes:

TIGERJC
09-10-2008, 11:32 PM
I gotta talk to my friend thats an accountant but he explained something weird to me like i said I don't claim to no everything I simply fail to see the logic on why we need to hike up the taxes on 5% of the country when we are supposed to be pulling out of a war inside of 16 months and saving ourselves $10 billion a month. :rolleyes:
Do you know how to pay down debt? Either you need to pay it back all at one time or you increase your monthly payments. Taxes will not be going up for majority of americans, but you have to increase taxes somewhere if u ever want to decrease your debt

Alan®
09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Do you know how to pay down debt? Either you need to pay it back all at one time or you increase your monthly payments. Taxes will not be going up for majority of americans, but you have to increase taxes somewhere if u ever want to decrease your debt
Thank you for stating the obvious.

I will say this, 300,000,000 people living in this country and these two are the best we could come up with?

Vteckidd
09-10-2008, 11:35 PM
I will wager $100 RIGHT NOW to TONY AND PAUL that if Obama gets in, TAXES WILL INCREASE ON EVERYONE, not just the rich.

If you are so confident it wont happen, then youl have no problem betting.

People that think Obama is just targeting the rich dont have any clue what they are talking about.

TIGERJC
09-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Thank you for stating the obvious.

I will say this, 300,000,000 people living in this country and these two are the best we could come up with?
I just laugh at how ppl can't believe that taxes might go up, with increase spending due to funding the military and other b.s. adventures, someone has to foot the bill (Sorry but it is the tax payer). LOL at how bush sold the idea to americans that IRAQ would fund this war :lmfao:

Atleast u understand that you can not keep sweeping bills under the rug, and eventually you have to pay back what u borrow

tony
09-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I will wager $100 RIGHT NOW to TONY AND PAUL that if Obama gets in, TAXES WILL INCREASE ON EVERYONE, not just the rich.

If you are so confident it wont happen, then youl have no problem betting.

People that think Obama is just targeting the rich dont have any clue what they are talking about.

Our government is set up in a system of checks and balances, Obama alone cannot increase taxes. Approval must come from the House and the Senate and must be immune to any filibuster that may come in the legislative process.

If Obama could just push a button and raise taxes then yes, we'd be in trouble. But that goes for any president, not just him. I'll take that $100 wager and stay tuned.

Total_Blender
09-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah, we won't be "saving" any money once the war with Iraq stops, we will just stop borrowing money from China. :screwy:

The war in Iraq has not been supported with tax money at all, which is why Bush has been able to get away with his tax cuts. All those of you who think Bush's tax cut has "worked" need to think again because it really just created debt that everyone bringing in a paycheck in America will have to repay through taxes.:2cents:

alpine_aw11
09-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Our government is set up in a system of checks and balances, Obama alone cannot increase taxes. Approval must come from the House and the Senate and must be immune to any filibuster that may come in the legislative process.

If Obama could just push a button and raise taxes then yes, we'd be in trouble. But that goes for any president, not just him. I'll take that $100 wager and stay tuned.

With Obama in control combined with a democratic congress I don't think he's going to have any problem raising taxes. Plus, all of the added government spending that comes with liberal policies comes back to the people. He may only directly tax those who make +250k a year, but if his ideas go through we're all going to feel it.

But to stay on topic, it is rediculous for Republicans to be using this. I don't think he directed it at Palin, but the context in which he said it did make it seem like that. Of course Republicans are going to use this, it's politics. The Obama campaign would do the same if they had this opprotunity. I don't agree with it, but then again I pretty much hate politicians in general.

Mik2006
09-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Thats the one thing i cant stand. all you hear about is them focusing everything that obama says and take it to the worst way possible.

But i could have sworn who ever goes into office taxes are gonna get raised regardless. is that true?

4dmin
09-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I just laugh at how ppl can't believe that taxes might go up, with increase spending due to funding the military and other b.s. adventures, someone has to foot the bill (Sorry but it is the tax payer). LOL at how bush sold the idea to americans that IRAQ would fund this war :lmfao:

Atleast u understand that you can not keep sweeping bills under the rug, and eventually you have to pay back what u borrow

republicans think we have an unlimited credit card that doesn't need to be paid back :lmfao:

He may only directly tax those who make +250k a year, but if his ideas go through we're all going to feel it. i'm just wondering how you think you are not going to feel it if we don't raise taxes on those people? since bush has been in office oil, food, energy, education, has all gone up... so where are we seeing these tax breaks from republicans?

oh ya i forgot lets borrow money from china to send out stimulus checks and tax americans on that too :lmfao:

flak_monkey
09-11-2008, 07:14 PM
see i am a libertarian i lean to the left and the right at times.... more toward the right than the left.....
and i dont have a college education.... t

You know what? That's painfully obvious.