PDA

View Full Version : Officially Official: 2006 MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden a Ducati Man in 2009

EJ25RUN
09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.windsofchange.net/Hayden.JPGhttp://hellforleathermagazine.com/images/Ducati_GP9.jpg
The Kentucky Kid............................................... .+.............................Ducati Desmosedici GP9 with Carbon Fiber Frame :yes:

From Speedtv online.....

American rider Nicky Hayden has agreed terms to ride for Ducati as teammate to world champion Casey Stoner in 2009. The formal announcement of Hayden’s deal is expected at next week’s San Marino Grand Prix at Misano, which is close to Ducati’s Bologna headquarters.

Hayden’s departure from the factory Repsol Honda team comes as no surprise with the 2006 world champion keen to seek a new challenge. For some time Hayden has been frustrated with the political and technical turmoil of the HRC squad.

Hayden’s Ducati deal ends his long association with Honda and has come as a big shock to the management of Honda USA who have lost a valuable marketing asset.

Ducati team boss Livio Suppo said the team has always admired Hayden and his attitude to racing.

“Last year no one gave enough credit as a rider to Casey, except maybe Nicky, plus he’s used to having a stronger teammate,” Suppo said. “In the beginning at Honda he was with Valentino Rossi and then with Dani Pedrosa and he has a lot of things that make us think he would be the best teammate
for Casey.

“And we don’t have to worry about his consistency and I think he is a good, complimentary teammate for Casey. On the other hand you can always have a young rider and if he’s a rookie he has no pressure to do anything.

“We hope to confirm everything for Ducati’s 2009 plans by the end of this month, if not then at Indianapolis.”

In 2007, as the defending world champion with the #1 plate, Hayden was happy to acclaim Stoner’s riding talent as the young Australian took his world title. Hayden never claimed a Ducati power, electronics, or Bridgestone tire advantage as the main excuse for losing the title to Stoner.

“Nicky always said it was not just about the bike and tires, and he did this with the number one on his bike, which was even more difficult,” Suppo said “And this year in Assen when Casey was again very, very fast and everybody was speaking about the electronics of Ducati, it was Nicky who said, ‘Have you been out of the track to see how Casey is riding that bike?’”

EJ25RUN
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/EJ25RUN/bikepic.jpg?t=1221083775

Oz10
09-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Alright! Hopefully Ducati will him the attention he deserves. Repsol Honda seemed to focus waaay too much on Pedrosa being they are a Spanish team and he is a Spanish rider. But now Nicky's teammate will be Stoner who is contracted to ride with them through 09 and possibly 2010. I guess we'll see how Nicky does on Ducati's more powerful bike. He seemed to do better than most riders on faster bikes. (990's)

RupertG
09-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I wish him luck just seems Honda didn't give him a great bike the past couple seasons.

EJ25RUN
09-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Alright! Hopefully Ducati will him the attention he deserves. Repsol Honda seemed to focus waaay too much on Pedrosa being they are a Spanish team and he is a Spanish rider. But now Nicky's teammate will be Stoner who is contracted to ride with them through 09 and possibly 2010. I guess we'll see how Nicky does on Ducati's more powerful bike. He seemed to do better than most riders on faster bikes. (990's)

The Ducati is the most violent bike in the paddock and many riders couldn't ride it well.

It is just now that Tony Elias has some decent success on it. Besides the amazing Stoner, not even the great Loris Capirossi could really challenge for the world title on it. Then there was Troy Bayliss....yes that was a 990 but still, if anyone, we can call him the Superbike man and he just couldn't ride it either. I hope Hayden can get back to winning ways but it is gonna take some luck for him to be the second guy that can handle the Desmo.

Oz10
09-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Lets keep our fingers crossed. But no matter where he's finishing I'll be rooting for him.