PDA

View Full Version : 12,000 US Flags bound for the dumpster...

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Posted: Today 02:57 am Post subject: Dems throw 12,000 US Flags in the garbage.

Democrats brought out tens of thousands of American flags to Invesco Field, saluting Barack Obama as he spoke from the Styrofoam columns of the Barackopolis at the conclusion of the Democratic convention. Perhaps some of them took the flags home as souvenirs, but where did the rest go? According to David Harsanyi, they went into the trash — and would have gone to a landfill, except for a worker at Invesco who rescued them from the dumpsters.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/06/the-recycled-flags-of-the-dncc/

The McCain campaign "rescued" these flags and redistributed them.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/06/mccain-camp-to-chastise-dems-for-discarding-american-flags/

Say what you will about both of these candidates but to me, this is another reason I'm voting Nobama...The Flag of The United States of America is not a f*cking prop...

4dmin
09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
booo hooo **** the flag - this post is about as bad as the son's of confederate soldiers complaining about GA getting rid of the confederate flag :rolleyes:

American flag gets printed on everything you going to complain that people who have flag boxers should never put them on their ass?

http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/IMG_0067-769032.JPG

DJ Maestro
09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
The Flag of The United States of America is not a f*cking prop...

The God's honest tr00f!! :goodjob:

Ran
09-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Wow, talk about a stupid@ss move.

Killer
09-10-2008, 10:53 AM
wayne i'd rep you if i could man!

Ran
09-10-2008, 10:56 AM
booo hooo **** the flag - this post is about as bad as the son's of confederate soldiers complaining about GA getting rid of the confederate flag :rolleyes:Or not.

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html

BTW, this belongs in that Elections section.

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
booo hooo **** the flag - this post is about as bad as the son's of confederate soldiers complaining about GA getting rid of the confederate flag :rolleyes:

American flag gets printed on everything you going to complain that people who have flag boxers should never put them on their ass?
there's a big different btw stuff w/the stars and stripes on it and an actual FLAG. you're just mad cuz nobama's camp was responsible, if the table's were reversed you'd be all over mccain :tongue1:

EJ25RUN
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
what if the flags were made in China? Allot of people are saying that an American flag has to be made in this country. I think that's a bit silly but whatever.

willum14pb
09-10-2008, 12:35 PM
there's a big different btw stuff w/the stars and stripes on it and an actual FLAG. you're just mad cuz nobama's camp was responsible, if the table's were reversed you'd be all over mccain :tongue1:

:cheers:

Deke
09-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I ****ing hate politics.

R3RUN
09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
So the dems threw some flags in the trash, I would pretty much guarantee they didn't consult Obama on what they should do with them after the speech.

I agree that the flag shouldn't just be thrown away, they should have been redistributed or properly retired. Whats a more important issue though, flags being thrown away or a presidential candidate singing a song about bombing a country whose best weapons can't even get remotely close to us?

Deke
09-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Honestly, I could give two ****s. As long as a girl can buy a thong that runs the stars and stripes through her ass-crack, so what if a bunch of miniature flags are "thrown away."

And no the democrats wouldn't have done the same because they aren't trying to attack the patriotism of McCain.

I generally agree more with republican policy and very well might vote for them in November, but dumbass political tactics like this make me lose a lot of respect for the party.

Total_Blender
09-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I put this one right up there with Walter Reed Middle School. It has nothing to do with the actual issues of the election and is just some campaign planner's screw-up.

BFD

metalman
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Its true that flags are printed on anything/everything.
Its also true they probably shouldnt be.
Its true that kids arent really taught respect for the flag as much anymore.
Its also true that Obama used these in question as a 'prop'...but its also true that those opposing him are doing the same.

I was raised in a different era from most here. In my childhood I was taught to give the flag proper respect and treatment....and to dispose of old/worn etc flags in a manner keeping with proper flag etiquette and rules. My father, a WW2 vet, always insisted upon it. At my elementary school the flag detail (or color guard) that put up the flag and took it down each day was a duty given to honor students who understood flag ettiquette. Any dragging of the flag on the ground or any sort of disrespect was met with swift "instruction" from our aged WW1 veteran Principal.
The wearing of flag shirts, underware etc etc was prohibited unless on uniforms in a proper manner. I guess we live in different times.

I'll say this though...I am glad that we still enjoy some freedom in this country...and that freedom includes some disrespectful use of our flag too.

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Its true that flags are printed on anything/everything.
Its also true they probably shouldnt be.
Its true that kids arent really taught respect for the flag as much anymore.
Its also true that Obama used these in question as a 'prop'...but its also true that those opposing him are doing the same.

I was raised in a different era from most here. In my childhood I was taught to give the flag proper respect and treatment....and to dispose of old/worn etc flags in a manner keeping with proper flag etiquette and rules. My father, a WW2 vet, always insisted upon it. At my elementary school the flag detail (or color guard) that put up the flag and took it down each day was a duty given to honor students who understood flag ettiquette. Any dragging of the flag on the ground or any sort of disrespect was met with swift "instruction" from our aged WW1 veteran Principal.
The wearing of flag shirts, underware etc etc was prohibited unless on uniforms in a proper manner. I guess we live in different times.

I'll say this though...I am glad that we still enjoy some freedom in this country...and that freedom includes some disrespectful use of our flag too.

reps for this

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I ****ing hate politics.
el oh el, why are you in the election 2008 section again? :thinking:

4dmin
09-10-2008, 01:16 PM

um no b/c i think anyone should have the right to do w/ what they want... throw it away, burn it, drop it on the ground etc... who gives a ****? throwing a flag away what does that mean really? explain. how does this even factor into someones decision making? which is the point you are trying to establish. it doesn't.

tony
09-10-2008, 01:22 PM
This **** gets more petty every day... Nov. 4th can't get here soon enough.

"rescued" ... the spin is unbearable.

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2008, 01:41 PM
um no b/c i think anyone should have the right to do w/ what they want... throw it away, burn it, drop it on the ground etc... who gives a ****? throwing a flag away what does that mean really? explain. how does this even factor into someones decision making? which is the point you are trying to establish. it doesn't.
as do i, but i guess the irony passes right by you the fact that the flag, and all that it represents and has stood for over the centuries, is what allows these same direspectful individuals to do just that, desecrate the flag.

and my point? RESPECT, which is a point you clearly have no regard for, which is fine, bc like we've already established it's your RIGHT living in this country to not give a sh*t and piss all over the flag if you want.

ShooterMcGavin
09-10-2008, 01:42 PM
This **** gets more petty every day... Nov. 4th can't get here soon enough.
"rescued" ... the spin is unbearable.
agreed.

tony
09-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Honestly I'm to the point where I don't care if its Obama or McCain.. I just want it to be over.

SLOWLYbtngU
09-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Honestly I'm to the point where I don't care if its Obama or McCain.. I just want it to be over.
x2

4dmin
09-10-2008, 03:28 PM
as do i, but i guess the irony passes right by you the fact that the flag, and all that it represents and has stood for over the centuries, is what allows these same direspectful individuals to do just that, desecrate the flag.

and my point? RESPECT, which is a point you clearly have no regard for, which is fine, bc like we've already established it's your RIGHT living in this country to not give a sh*t and piss all over the flag if you want.

you didn't answer my previous question. this thread isn't even worth discussing b/c it doesn't even pertain to the canidate - name association for shock value is what it is being used for. again boo hoo who cares? i'm more interested with policy/facts then what a guy does with left over garbage.

metalman
09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Its all just making "political hay".

I sincerely doubt Obama sat in a room with his aides before the show and said.. "After this is over I want you guys to gather up all those flags and put them in the dumpster behind KFC while I am in the front getting me a 12 pc bucket and shaking some hands!" lol... :D

Seriously....this might have been a minor 'mistake' by his supporters but not one worth considering in light of actual issues that affect us. Its just fodder for the haymakers.

Now, Al Gore living the high life with Tipper and wasting tons of energy himself while forcing his unsubstantiated bull$heit 'global warming' agenda on us would be worth considering perhaps. And you got to hand it to Tipper, she protected us all from so many suggestive lyrics. I shall never forgive Judas Priest for 'convincing' those boys with their lyrics to kill themselves. Without the Gores looking out for us humanity is doomed!!! We're doomed I tell you....Its manbearpig!!

Deke
09-10-2008, 07:21 PM
el oh el, why are you in the election 2008 section again? :thinking:

Well I guess my second post didn't clarify too well. I hate this aspect of politics. The candidates should be voted on entirely because of their policies and character, not because of their party, and certainly not because of a mistake of an event planner.

BTW, Both parties are guilty of petty crap like this.

Oh, and to answer your question directly, a futile attempt to fight all of the retardation based around this election.

Frög
09-10-2008, 07:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA pityful.. I love how they twist everything to try to bring down the other candidate..

Mik2006
09-10-2008, 08:45 PM
agian is this whats gonna help our country?????? please tell me. this is almost as bad as the lipstick on a pig thing. get the hell over it.

.::UNKNOWN::.
09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
agian is this whats gonna help our country?????? please tell me. this is almost as bad as the lipstick on a pig thing. get the hell over it.

it pisses me off bc it is a lack of respect on the behalf of the democratic party :no:.... obama may not have any part of it but he basically the head of the democratic party and it basically says," he is the head of the party does he have the same disrespect?!?!?" it really gets under my skin just bc i have had a few friends and family members that have died in combat and all i have to remember them by is a FLAG and a picture.... but i guess you have to be in my shoes to see the issue for what it is...

ShooterMcGavin
09-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Oh, and to answer your question directly, a futile attempt to fight all of the retardation based around this election.
indeed :D

tony
09-11-2008, 08:02 AM
it pisses me off bc it is a lack of respect on the behalf of the democratic party :no:.... obama may not have any part of it but he basically the head of the democratic party and it basically says," he is the head of the party does he have the same disrespect?!?!?" it really gets under my skin just bc i have had a few friends and family members that have died in combat and all i have to remember them by is a FLAG and a picture.... but i guess you have to be in my shoes to see the issue for what it is...

If I was in your shoes I would be uninformed since Obama is not the head of the democratic party.. Howard Dean is. Obama is their nominee, learn the process before forming an opinion on it.

Total_Blender
09-11-2008, 08:13 AM
If I was in your shoes I would be uninformed since Obama is not the head of the democratic party.. Howard Dean is. Obama is their nominee, learn the process before forming an opinion on it.

Howard Dean

http://weblogs.amny.com/news/politics/newyork/blog/dean-thumb.jpg

Not to be confused with:

Ric Flair

http://www.palmettoscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/ricflair.jpg

:lmfao:

.::UNKNOWN::.
09-11-2008, 05:01 PM
If I was in your shoes I would be uninformed since Obama is not the head of the democratic party.. Howard Dean is. Obama is their nominee, learn the process before forming an opinion on it. as i said he is basically the head of the party not the head......people right now that know nothing when you say democrat what will come out of their mouth? obama not howard dean

tony
09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
But he's NOT the head of the party, he's the nominee. No basically about it. He does not rule the party, and it was not his idea to dispose of those flags.