PDA

View Full Version : General Chat need help w/ Car decision

eraser4g63
09-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Well here is the deal I DD a 1995 Tacoma 4Cylnder extended cab. it gets decent gas mileage and has been reliable up till recently where small little things here and there have been messing up. SO.. that brings me to my next point, i am in the market for a new DD looking for some ting in the 2004-2006 range. i have a couple ideas and wanted yalls input. If you picked other please specify and No Honda, i know they are great cars ( for every one else) but i have a horrible dislike for them. Price range is $17,000 and it must be decent on gas.

ronaldo
09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
There is a great suggestion for you..........If you want to donate your car then By the car charity program you can have better value of your old and used car and also the tax deduction benefit you can have.

-----------------
car donation in ct (http://donate-car-ct-connecticut.org/)

eraser4g63
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
really no one has any input?

sleepys4
09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
I liked the GTIs, back in the day when I was looking for cheap cars. Since then things have changed a bit, But I still have a love for them. Have you looked into S4s they can be found in that price range, decent gas mileage,etc. They also make significantly more horsepower than the others.

eraser4g63
09-10-2008, 09:53 PM
I have not really looked into them, figured they would be a bit out of reach for that year model, but I shall do a bit of research. My main issue is that I have a toy in the garage (my RX7) that only gets 8-10 MPG. So i am looking for something fun to drive daily with a little bit of class and a little bit of get up and go that has decent Gas mileage. I am only really considering the GTI based on bang/buck.

Ed
09-12-2008, 02:01 PM
well seeing that you drive a truck, do you intend on keeping a truck as a daily driver? if not, you can't go wrong with corollas, or camrys. really nice and reliable, if you dont mind the non sporty look.

if you want to keep a truck, get a new tacoma, or a frontier. very nice trucks. good gas mileage for a small pickup.

but if i were to pick one from your poll choices, def the jetta gli. i always had love for those. they look really nice and sporty and you still get the 4 door grocery getter factor out of it. im not sure how they do in mpg but i think they are pretty good.

did you have an evo? or a eclipse? or still have it

OneSlow5pt0
09-12-2008, 09:32 PM
2000 Celica GTS would make great DD

eraser4g63
09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
did you have an evo? or a eclipse? or still have it

used to have a Talon TSI AWD that was being built until the shop shut its doors and vanished with my car and money.

As far as getting another truck i drive one all day long every third day. Any thing with a 1.8t averages city 25-27 and hwy 29-32, i do all my driving to and from work on the hwy.

Bruce Leroy
09-13-2008, 03:09 PM
how about a newer legacy gt? It is just as nice as the vw's, just as relaible, and will take better to mods.

I've seen them go for around 15k

example (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=250070290&dealer_id=63160217&car_year=2005&model=LEGACY&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2004&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=SUB&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=30004&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=10)

eraser4g63
09-13-2008, 05:32 PM
But they don't get nearly the gas mileage im looking for, and I've already looked into them. if i was gonna buy a Subie i would pick up a Baja Turbo. STI motor in a truck what more could you ask for?

ed_gm90
09-18-2008, 09:52 PM
get something japanese. =)

devidmike
10-08-2008, 06:03 PM
are the side wings on the boulevard a huge safety advantage compared to the marathon and decathalon? I am having a major problem deciding on this. In fact we have an Audi A4 and Honda Pilot and I think for the audi we may have to get the Roundabout - Both cars have side airbags and I'm pretty sure any future car would have them as well but I still don't know what to do.
It seems like all other things aside they are the same seats only the boulevard as this one added safety feature, and of course the the BV, MA and DC go to higher weight limits.

Any advice would be great..
-------------