PDA

View Full Version : Ls-vtec compression issue

eg6hatch
08-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Ok so I fired up the ls vtec today. I have some serious problems, My #2 is getting no compression, no.1 has 195, no.3 has 185, no.4 has 175. I thought it might be the head gasket, but I see no water in the oil. anyone have ideas let me know. thanks,
jason

KevinT707
09-01-2005, 12:24 AM
when I had 0 compression in one of my cylinders it was after running nitrous, getting so hot that it melted my exhaust valve which led to no compression.

BTEC
09-01-2005, 08:59 AM
yeah, i would say u have valve seating problems.

RISKYB
09-01-2005, 04:39 PM
MAYBE A BENT VALVE

ash7
09-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I had this same problem. (which is also most of the reason i went ls/vtec... but that's a long story) I had a Rocket built all motor non-vtec LS for the longest time. One day i was driving to work and my engine suddenly became sluggish... "wtf mate?"

To make a long story short, my timing belt had (for some reason or another) slipped and advanced itself about 20 degrees. It didn't make any of the ominous "hahaha, your valves are toast" noises, so it took me a long time to figure it out what was wrong. I took the head off and checked the cylinders for valve scarring, and it wasn't all that bad. Not enough to matter... (or so i thought) i inspected the valves and they all appeared to be seating correctly. but but to be safe i took them to my friend at Abacus Racing and asked him to put them on the spinner, and sho-nuff.... they were bent ever so slightly.

I suggest you do the same, double, and triple check the valve seating, and if you're not satisfied, put duck tape around the stem, lock it into your drill (ever so gently) and spin them around.