PDA

View Full Version : Question on Nite Shade...

therzdae
09-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello, I just started using this nite shade product on a few pairs of tail lights I had to experiment with... so the first pair I totally screwed up one I was to close so I had a bunch of runs the other lens of the pair I did too far away so it has alot of spotted paint, but the other lens pair I did, I did smooth but it doesnt have a glossy show... I read on one post in a different message board that someone used some gloss spray paint from home depot... my question is... is that best? or would spray can clear coat be better? Also the manufacture recommends 3 layers, to me this wasnt dark enough... I used 8 layers on one tail light and that was my desired darkness, but I have no clue if the light shines thru it, does any one have an opinion on the layers?

THank you, Brice Tomlinson

p.s. check out my stuff for saleee

carbon_crash
09-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Hello, I just started using this nite shade product on a few pairs of tail lights I had to experiment with... so the first pair I totally screwed up one I was to close so I had a bunch of runs the other lens of the pair I did too far away so it has alot of spotted paint, but the other lens pair I did, I did smooth but it doesnt have a glossy show... I read on one post in a different message board that someone used some gloss spray paint from home depot... my question is... is that best? or would spray can clear coat be better? Also the manufacture recommends 3 layers, to me this wasnt dark enough... I used 8 layers on one tail light and that was my desired darkness, but I have no clue if the light shines thru it, does any one have an opinion on the layers?

THank you, Brice Tomlinson

p.s. check out my stuff for saleee

Nite Shade FTL!! Cheap A$$ rattle can tint sucks man. Pm The Bucky and let him do it right for you man. You will be way ,ore happier with the out come:yes:

therzdae
09-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I have a few places around here that do it professionally, I just happen to have 10 dollars and got the nite shade for free, I wish I could afford the professional job though.

therzdae
09-09-2008, 06:22 PM
any clues?

tdurr
09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
any spray clear should work. just do it right and let it dry. Best to light sand wit 1500ish grit sandpaper then spray the clear. do like 2-3 coats of that stuff and u should be fine.

bimmergirrl
09-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Look at my taillights........

Thats night shade.

The BUCKY
09-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Look at my taillights........

Thats night shade.

looks crappy to imo

therzdae
09-11-2008, 04:09 PM
yeahh I cant figure how to make it smooth and shiney this is lame

Z0_o6
09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
bucky how do you tint taillights? is it a paint process or an overlay?

bimmergirrl
09-11-2008, 04:31 PM
To make is smooth and shiny buff it when you go to wax your car.. Mine hasny been waxed yet since.

I think it looks good.