PDA

View Full Version : Palin contradictions...

4dmin
09-08-2008, 10:11 PM
this thread is dedicated to Palin contradictions since they keep poping up...

- bridge to no where; she ran on this in 2006 then opposed yet kept the money for other projects - she then told american public she said NO :thinking:

- earmarks; she spoke about how obama asked for so much yet she got 197 million making it largest per capita in the nation :thinking:

wantboost
09-08-2008, 10:35 PM
i see a biden thread in the future lol.

Alan®
09-08-2008, 10:59 PM
this thread is dedicated to Palin contradictions since they keep poping up...

- bridge to no where; she ran on this in 2006 then opposed yet kept the money for other projects - she then told american public she said NO :thinking:
Isn't that still pretty much saying no? And besides what's the difference between that and Obama saying "I'm going to put the countries national security at risk by pulling out of Iraq before we finish the job" and then him saying "Oh wait scratch that since I don't really have a clue on foreign policy I asked someone and they told me it's not a good idea to pull out just yet so I think I'm gonna wait" :rolleyes: .

Total_Blender
09-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Isn't that still pretty much saying no? And besides what's the difference between that and Obama saying "I'm going to put the countries national security at risk by pulling out of Iraq before we finish the job" .

Iraq is not a threat to our homeland security. Do you really think a bunch of insurgents over there pose a threat to us here? Most of them are only fighting us because they want us to leave. And Obama didn't say "before we finish the job," what he said was "holding the Iraqis accountable for their own country" :screwy:

4dmin
09-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Isn't that still pretty much saying no? And besides what's the difference between that and Obama saying "I'm going to put the countries national security at risk by pulling out of Iraq before we finish the job" and then him saying "Oh wait scratch that since I don't really have a clue on foreign policy I asked someone and they told me it's not a good idea to pull out just yet so I think I'm gonna wait" :rolleyes: .

first off if your going to " " use actual statements... and you are incorrect to begin with. he seeks a timeline to with drawl troops and if you were keeping up w/ currents events Bush announced yesterday he is starting to do that w/ 8k before the end of the year.

furthermore she didn't say NO, she ran on the policy in 2006 and even questioned about it she said she would not step on infrastructure changes... later after idea was being opposed she changed her tune and then kept the money which was 320 million. then you see her on tv spouting on how "she told the gov't no thank you; if they wanted to build a bridge they would do it THEMSELVES"... really? then why keep the money :thinking:

Alan®
09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
first off if your going to " " use actual statements... and you are incorrect to begin with. he seeks a timeline to with drawl troops and if you were keeping up w/ currents events Bush announced yesterday he is starting to do that w/ 8k before the end of the year.

furthermore she didn't say NO, she ran on the policy in 2006 and even questioned about it she said she would not step on infrastructure changes... later after idea was being opposed she changed her tune and then kept the money which was 320 million. then you see her on tv spouting on how "she told the gov't no thank you; if they wanted to build a bridge they would do it THEMSELVES"... really? then why keep the money :thinking:
You missed the entire point of my post Paul. I am keeping up with the current events I'm simply using one of his statements as an example of how hypocritical you sound. It's was ok for Obama to step into the ring demanding immediate troop withdrawl with disregard to whether or not the job was done and then change his tune but it's not ok for Palin to do the same? :rolleyes:

I don't remember if it was you or not that sat here and preached about how oh Obama changes his tune because "new information" comes to light but yet Palin supports something and changes her mind about something and it's a contradiction? Dude if you want to see contradictions look at your own canidate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHEIi4XKRmM

Total_Blender
09-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't remember if it was you or not that sat here and preached about how oh Obama changes his tune because "new information" comes to light but yet Palin supports something and changes her mind about something and it's a contradiction?

Admin's point is that even though Palin has been claiming that she told the Gov't "no thank you" and made it sound like she was trying to be independent of taking Gov't money... she still kept the money. So even though the bridge was not built, Palin still got 320 million of federal money.

ALSO, Obama's opposition to the surge was that he wanted the Iraqui's to take over. Yeah, the surge has reduced violence, but now we have a whole lot more troops over there and the Iraqis still haven't taken over and have no accountability for the state of their own country. It just makes Iraq more dependent on us.

Edit: and as far as Barack "changing his tune," now that the surge is happening, the game is changed. If he becomes president he will inherit the surge. So it makes sense to adapt the policies he proposes to match the things that will be going on when he gets into office. Being stubborn and having a "stay the course" mindset is what got us into all this in the 1st place. :screwy:

4dmin
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Admin's point is that even though Palin has been claiming that she told the Gov't "no thank you" and made it sound like she was trying to be independent of taking Gov't money... she still kept the money. So even though the bridge was not built, Palin still got 320 million of federal money. :screwy:

:cheers:

Vteckidd
09-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Iraq is not a threat to our homeland security. Do you really think a bunch of insurgents over there pose a threat to us here? Most of them are only fighting us because they want us to leave. And Obama didn't say "before we finish the job," what he said was "holding the Iraqis accountable for their own country" :screwy:
who would have thought 19 Saudis were a threat to us too

go figure

Alan®
09-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Admin's point is that even though Palin has been claiming that she told the Gov't "no thank you" and made it sound like she was trying to be independent of taking Gov't money... she still kept the money. So even though the bridge was not built, Palin still got 320 million of federal money.

ALSO, Obama's opposition to the surge was that he wanted the Iraqui's to take over. Yeah, the surge has reduced violence, but now we have a whole lot more troops over there and the Iraqis still haven't taken over and have no accountability for the state of their own country. It just makes Iraq more dependent on us.

Edit: and as far as Barack "changing his tune," now that the surge is happening, the game is changed. If he becomes president he will inherit the surge. So it makes sense to adapt the policies he proposes to match the things that will be going on when he gets into office. Being stubborn and having a "stay the course" mindset is what got us into all this in the 1st place. :screwy:
Ok and what did she do with the money? I'd be curious to see what happened to it because I'm sure it still ended up going to something useful. I still see no difference between that and Obama changing his tune. If anything it's worse she wants to be Vice President and He wants to be PRESIDENT.

Did you even watch the first minute of that video?The reason he didn't support the surge is he thought it would increase violence in Iraq no where did he say anything about not supporting it to make Iraq accountable for themselves.

Also it can be argued that not having a stay the course mentality and finish the job is what got this whole mess started almost 40 years ago.

blaknoize
09-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Iraq is not a threat to our homeland security. Do you really think a bunch of insurgents over there pose a threat to us here? Most of them are only fighting us because they want us to leave. And Obama didn't say "before we finish the job," what he said was "holding the Iraqis accountable for their own country" :screwy:....ah, nevermind...:rolleyes:

B18c1Turboed
09-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Damm People work fast!!

PALIN’S ACTION FIGURE
http://allhiphop.com/photos/flicks/images/20483963/320x425.aspx

Total_Blender
09-09-2008, 11:40 AM
who would have thought 19 Saudis were a threat to us too

go figure

Not the Bush administration who are still BFF's with the Saudis.

The thing about Iraq is that they are fighting us because we are there. So if we would have pulled out they wouldn't be fighting us anymore. Granted, they would probably be fighting amongst themselves, but they are doing that anyway and will probably continue to do that for some time.

The best defense for the United States mainland against terrorism is to:

a.) go after the real Al Qaeda terrorists and their support network in Afghanistan.
b.) improve security at our airports and other vulnerable areas.

Anything else is just ****ing around in the wrong direction.

Maniacc
09-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Apparently, even Alaska republicans hate the b*tch. http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2008/09/15/080915ta_talk_lizza This is becoming an even greater moron choice of VP.

ETA: F*ck Palin, and I don't only mean that in only a sexual way.

Vteckidd
09-09-2008, 05:50 PM
of course the republicans in Alaska hate her. Are you even following the election? She ousted the old tired political machine in Alaska and furthermore she a woman.

Palin was a brilliant choice and the polls are showing it with a 12 point bump in white women voters.

She used the bridge to nowhere funds for other projects. All governors solicit congress for money its no secret. She denied one project bit instead sent the money somewhere else.

Maniacc
09-09-2008, 06:05 PM
of course the republicans in Alaska hate her. Are you even following the election? She ousted the old tired political machine in Alaska and furthermore she a woman.
I'm not following it like a few of you, but reading and seeing a little of it here and there. Only reason why I posted that link was just to put more stuff about her out in the open. And to show that not everyone approves of her and her decisions.

Palin was a brilliant choice and the polls are showing it with a 12 point bump in white women voters.
It was an ingenious choice by McCain, but just because the votes jump 12 points doesn't necessarily mean anything. Other than women are getting out there and backin' up another woman. Just like any other female would.

This is also a bit interesting - http://www.laprogressive.com/2008/09/05/alaskans-speak-in-a-frightened-whisper-palin-is-%E2%80%9Cracist-sexist-vindictive-and-mean%E2%80%9D/ Regretably it doesn't sound to plausible. The source is an anonymous waitress? Several people overheard but only one came forward? If it is though, should be funny seeing how she deals with it.

Vteckidd
09-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm not following it like a few of you, but reading and seeing a little of it here and there. Only reason why I posted that link was just to put more stuff about her out in the open. And to show that not everyone approves of her and her decisions.

It was an ingenious choice by McCain, but just because the votes jump 12 points doesn't necessarily mean anything. Other than women are getting out there and backin' up another woman. Just like any other female would.

This is also a bit interesting - http://www.laprogressive.com/2008/09/05/alaskans-speak-in-a-frightened-whisper-palin-is-%E2%80%9Cracist-sexist-vindictive-and-mean%E2%80%9D/ Regretably it doesn't sound to plausible. The source is an anonymous waitress? Several people overheard but only one came forward? If it is though, should be funny seeing how she deals with it.

No offense but its the LA PROGRESSIVE. No one can back those claims up or anything.

Hell we had TAPED AUDIO of that Democrat saying that Hurricane GUSTAV proves that GOD IS ON OUR SIDE AND HATES THE REPUBLICANS all the while laughing it up.

but what happened to that story?

.::UNKNOWN::.
09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
No offense but its the LA PROGRESSIVE. No one can back those claims up or anything.

Hell we had TAPED AUDIO of that Democrat saying that Hurricane GUSTAV proves that GOD IS ON OUR SIDE AND HATES THE REPUBLICANS all the while laughing it up.

but what happened to that story? just like it took 19months or more for the mainstream media to show anything about obama's pastor but took a couple of weeks for palin:thinking: