PDA

View Full Version : Post your credit score v. let's separate men from the boys

Ruiner
09-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I got mine checked a few months ago when a friend went in to buy a car. I figured that I could get a free check if I played along, so they dealership ran my score.

Not bad, not bad at all. :)

So, what's the common score on IA.com? I'm curious...

Blitanicle99
09-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm 20 years old and I have a 790.

redrumracer
09-08-2008, 08:52 PM
hmmmm i would but its kinda low, bad choices when i turned 18 :(

oh and last time i checked it was 543

Kaiser
09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
780-790 range. Not bad considering I went through some rough times and I'm still working on paying down a very large credit card debt that got ran up after I "Quit" the J about this time last year. It's good enough that I got my apartment and all my utilities turned on without deposit, and good enough to get my Audi on my own credit. Not bad at all for having turned 22 just 5 days ago.

Echonova
09-08-2008, 08:58 PM
780 right now, it was little better but the wife and I have gotten slammed with medical bills from her accident. Allstate is refusing to pay (even though the guy blew a stop sign & we have witnesses:screwy: ) so the added 30k has thrown off my debt to income ratio and until the lawsuit is settled (going on over a year now) it's going to stay that way.

Evil Goat
09-08-2008, 09:08 PM
donno....it was 790 when i bought the gto in june '07....havent made any worthwhile purchases since then...though i do check my credit monthly at annualcreditreport.com.....the only absolutely free credit report ive ever seen, heard about it on the clark howard show, hes a money/stocks, etc talk show guy on a local am channel here on the weekends

flak_monkey
09-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I know that it's good but limited. I cannot get a bigger line of credit so I'm working to build it. But I'm not sure how to build it quickly. Any tips?

flak_monkey
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
the only absolutely free credit report ive ever seen, heard about it on the clark howard show, hes a money/stocks, etc talk show guy on a local am channel here on the weekends

I hope Clark Howard runs for Mayor of ATL.

Echonova
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
You only get one free credit report once a year.

Well one from each so you could stretch it out over three...

Ruiner
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM

...and that doesn't include the score, either.

BTEC
09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
i have no clue at all. i have like 2k in open acct (credit card, old phone bill, and bank of american trying to rob me). other than those i dnt have anthing other than everyday bills like cell phone, rent, internet, etc... So i would assume its like a high 600. :dunno:

BTEC
09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I know that it's good but limited. I cannot get a bigger line of credit so I'm working to build it. But I'm not sure how to build it quickly. Any tips?
i heard the quickest way is to get a credit card with a low limit, use it then pay it off completely every month.

osnap
09-08-2008, 09:15 PM
721... 19, I've had a checking account and a debit card for years, but I've only had a CC for about 8 months... Charging about 20% of my monthly limit and paying it off right away. Good start, methinks.

ironchef
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Need about a month for the credit bureaus to update my score to reflect my mad debt payoffage a couple a weeks ago.

man
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Over 750, not exactly sure... Don't get the thread title though.

Catnip
09-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I just turned 18 in June and I just got a debit card... no credit cards yet. No credit card offers either =(
lol

alpine_aw11
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm definitely holding off on getting a CC as long as I possibly can. Just more **** I don't want to deal with, plus the temptation factor.

redrumracer
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Over 750, not exactly sure... Don't get the thread title though.
yea not exactly sure about the title either, all it shows is those you recently made bad decisions such as myself.

JennB
09-08-2008, 09:30 PM

Actually, as a GA resident you get three from each agency. Two for GA and one guaranteed by the Federal Regulations. No score though. I monitor mine through truecredit.com. It's $15 a month but I can see everything, all scores, all reports and it sends alerts when something changes.

Read under free reports right under the address

http://consumer.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,5426814_39039081_39337481,00.html

bigdare23
09-08-2008, 09:31 PM
my credit score is 709

Jimmy B
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
it was 760 i think last time i checked...

Echonova
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Actually, as a GA resident you get three from each agency. Two for GA and one guaranteed by the Federal Regulations. No score though. I monitor mine through truecredit.com. It's $15 a month but I can see everything, all scores, all reports and it sends alerts when something changes.

Read under free reports right under the address

http://consumer.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,5426814_39039081_39337481,00.html Huh. I always understood it to be one from each for a total of three... Ah well, goes to show I don't know everything. Just most of it.;)

Edit: Nevermind, I was right.

juan b
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
it also depends what you have on your credit..

a 750 with two credit cards with a $500 dollar limit is completely different then a 750 with two cars, house, cc, ect.. :D

Psycho
09-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I ain't got no credit, I buy everything straight cash.

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/shows/chappelle/videos/behind_scenes/chappelle_behindreal_m4.jpg

TRON FOR DA CITAAAAY!!!

Echonova
09-08-2008, 09:39 PM
A credit score is a numerical expression based on a statistical analysis of a person's credit files, to represent the creditworthiness of that person, which is the perceived likelihood that the person will pay debts in a timely manner. A credit score is primarily based on credit report information, typically sourced from credit bureaus / credit reference agencies.

Lenders, such as banks and credit card companies, use credit scores to evaluate the potential risk posed by lending money to consumers and to mitigate losses due to bad debt. Lenders use credit scores to determine who qualifies for a loan, at what interest rate, and what credit limits. The use of credit or identity scoring prior to authorizing access or granting credit is an implementation of a trusted system.

Credit scoring is not limited to banks. Other organizations, such as mobile phone companies, insurance companies, employers, and government departments employ the same techniques. Credit scoring also has a lot of overlap with data mining, which uses many similar techniques.

In the United States, a credit score is a number based on a statistical analysis of a person's credit files, that represents the creditworthiness of that person, which is the likelihood that the person will pay their bills. A credit score is primarily based on credit report information, typically from one of the three major credit bureaus: Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax.

There are different methods of calculating credit scores. FICO is a credit score developed by Fair Isaac Corporation. It is used by many mortgage lenders that use a risk-based system to determine the possibility that the borrower may default on financial obligations to the mortgage lender. The credit bureaus all have their own credit scores: Equifax's ScorePower, Experian's PLUS score, and TransUnion's credit score, and each also sells the VantageScore credit score.

Americans are entitled to one free credit report within a 12-month period from each of the three agencies. The three credit bureaus run Annualcreditreport.com, where users can get their free credit report, normally without credit scores. Credit scores are available as an add-on feature of the report, for a fee.

In some states, such as California and Colorado, a consumer is entitled to a free credit report within 30 days of being denied credit or receiving sub-normal credit terms from a lender, due to their credit rating.

The FICO credit score range is between 300 and 850.

Leadfoot_mf
09-08-2008, 09:40 PM
I hope Clark Howard runs for Mayor of ATL.
hell yeah

9ussy
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
i actually used my credit card for the first time just 2-3 weeks ago.. i'm waiting for it to come in the mail so i can pay it off asap... or i might just pay for it online.. how long does it take for credit to show up on your report?

Psycho
09-08-2008, 09:44 PM
STRAIGHT CASH B!TCHES!!!!!!!!!!!

redrumracer
09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
i actually used my credit card for the first time just 2-3 weeks ago.. i'm waiting for it to come in the mail so i can pay it off asap... or i might just pay for it online.. how long does it take for credit to show up on your report?
you dont want to pay it off right away, you need to show a track record of being capable of making payments.

flak_monkey
09-08-2008, 10:22 PM
I ain't got no credit, I buy everything straight cash.

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/shows/chappelle/videos/behind_scenes/chappelle_behindreal_m4.jpg

TRON FOR DA CITAAAAY!!!

you had sex with Kaitee too? *******.

Hulud
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
790. i like it

Psycho
09-08-2008, 10:45 PM
you had sex with Kaitee too? *******.
Kaitee's got some big 'ol tit-ays

Echonova
09-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Me thinks a lot of people are guessing/hoping...

Kaiser
09-08-2008, 10:53 PM
I just turned 18 in June and I just got a debit card... no credit cards yet. No credit card offers either =(
lol

Oh, they WILL come, I promise. Give them some time. And accept ONE of them with a decent limit, use it every now and then (If you would normally pay cash for something, flash some plastic and set the money aside, pay it off at the end of the month).

My credit was so good at 20 that I got an 11,000 dollar credit limit Mastercard and a car loan less than two months later right after having moved into an apartment and had the utilities turned on. It got shot up because of the bull**** incident I mentioned, but I've worked hard on fixing it up and should be alot closer to debt free by January of this year, and hopefully should have the Audi paid off early too. Don't even make that much, just have had to learn the hard way that if I eat at wendy's or McD's it's a $3 limit and that's ~it~. Budgetting has made what I thought was a hopeless situation into a pretty nice arrangement.

Echo: I am guessing, based on knowing my scores from before as well some estimators you can find too. I would be super-surprised to find that I was too far off though, but I know it would be lower. If I gave a range It'd be 730-780. Now you're making me want to go and pay for a score check...

Echonova
09-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Oh, they WILL come, I promise. Give them some time. And accept ONE of them with a decent limit, use it every now and then (If you would normally pay cash for something, flash some plastic and set the money aside, pay it off at the end of the month).

My credit was so good at 20 that I got an 11,000 dollar credit limit Mastercard and a car loan less than two months later right after having moved into an apartment and had the utilities turned on. It got shot up because of the bull**** incident I mentioned, but I've worked hard on fixing it up and should be alot closer to debt free by January of this year, and hopefully should have the Audi paid off early too. Don't even make that much, just have had to learn the hard way that if I eat at wendy's or McD's it's a $3 limit and that's ~it~. Budgetting has made what I thought was a hopeless situation into a pretty nice arrangement.Dave Ramsey helped curb a lot of my spending habits.:goodjob:
Props on getting out of debt. I'll join you soon.

KREEP
09-08-2008, 11:04 PM
750 now Im 29 w/ house ...cars... a couple maxed out credit cards. But this credit score was right before we just bought the 310k house. I need to start selling drugs LOL

Kaiser
09-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Dave Ramsey helped curb a lot of my spending habits.:goodjob:
Props on getting out of debt. I'll join you soon.

I'm not there yet, so you may yet beat me to it. I was (literally) almost there august of last year, ready to own my own car fully paid and title in hand and had almost zero balance on the card. Got fired (Or quit, if you ask Jiffy lube now) had a ****ty school schedule and couldn't get another job (Everyone who didn't care that I put I got fired said my schedule wouldn't work, everyone who said my schedule was OK was "concerned" by the fact that I had been fired from Jiffy lube. File for unemployment and get told I didn't make enough money to get unemployment. Six months later I get re-hired by the J because of a friend, Unemployment calls up and says "Oops, made a mistake, we owe you a good chunk of money, to collect it, we just need a recorded statement from you." They call Jiffy lube. Jiffy lube has "lost" the paperwork that they claimed they gave me when I got "fired" and the termination paperwork I demanded I get when they fired me, the reason why Cobb County police asked me to leave the building and not come back when I refused to leave without it. Now Jiffy Lube says that they have it on written record from my manager that I quit, and that's why I didn't get any termination paperwork. There goes a few grand out the window, and so I'm stuck with six months of no job and all the money I had to pay just to live. Lost all my savings too. High point of this whole fiasco is getting NAILED by a drunk driver blowing a light at Barret and 41. All said and done me and the Fiance are ok, she had a broken collarbone, I had an ambulance ride on a backboard, we were in a rental car at the time, thank God, and for our trouble we get $8500 this June, same time as the unemployment crap, enough to pay the bills, restore my savings to where they were and buy the 240z we got. We argued alot about just taking the money and paying off the bills, but we decided after everything we suffered because of the wreck, we wanted something positive and permanent to come of it, rather than paying bills we had under control that we knew would probably just lead to us buying a more expensive car later. Now we're on our feet and on our way. Dave Ramsey is a huge help, and Mike Cavanaugh has helped me make the most out of what money I did have in savings.

redrumracer
Me thinks a lot of people are guessing/hoping...
yea im hoping that its higher by now. lol

Reaper
726 as of this morning

b16EG-HaTcH
09-08-2008, 11:09 PM
mine was a little over 790 when i bought the subaru in may.

Echonova
09-08-2008, 11:10 PM
750 now Im 29 w/ house ...cars... a couple maxed out credit cards. But this credit score was right before we just bought the 310k house. I need to start selling drugs LOLI have yet to get drunk and piss on some 310k hardwood floors... Why is this??

redrumracer
09-08-2008, 11:10 PM
ummm who is Dave Ramsey?

Psycho
09-08-2008, 11:11 PM
My bank won't give me a credit card for some reason. Back when I applied for it I was making $20k a year and I was a full time student, but they still said no. I know I over drafted my bank account quite a few times, but I always payed it back with in a day of doing so.

Echonova
09-08-2008, 11:12 PM
ummm who is Dave Ramsey?It's a secret. Do you know the password?

KREEP
09-08-2008, 11:13 PM
I have yet to get drunk and piss on some 310k hardwood floors... Why is this?? Still buying funiture. We should have all the funiture by next week and then we can start planning the party. I will let you know mayne:D

AlanŽ
09-08-2008, 11:13 PM
726 as of this morning
I've had a Checking account for a few years. Always kept a good standing on it but never had a credit card. Although I got fraud protection and **** so I always keep a look out but um apparently there is an inquiry from Cap One on there :thinking: .

KREEP
09-08-2008, 11:16 PM
My bank won't give me a credit card for some reason. Back when I applied for it I was making $20k a year and I was a full time student, but they still said no. I know I over drafted my bank account quite a few times, but I always payed it back with in a day of doing so.
God when I was your age they wouldnt stop sending credit apps

redrumracer
09-08-2008, 11:25 PM
It's a secret. Do you know the password?
hmmmmmmm lets see???????????? silvia?

Shibby
09-08-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm 19

credit score's not too good... checked it a few months ago.

The Ninja
09-08-2008, 11:28 PM

I'm 19.

Psycho
09-08-2008, 11:29 PM
God when I was your age they wouldnt stop sending credit apps
I mean, I've never really needed a credit card, in fact it's probably better that I don't have one. But it just sucks that I don't have established credit, and I'm almost 22.

KREEP
09-08-2008, 11:49 PM
I mean, I've never really needed a credit card, in fact it's probably better that I don't have one. But it just sucks that I don't have established credit, and I'm almost 22.
Yes you are wat better off. when I was 21 I maxed out cards at the bars ftL:no:

redrumracer
09-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Yes you are wat better off. when I was 21 I maxed out cards at the bars ftL:no:
a tab at the bar is the worst thing evar.

JennB
09-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Huh. I always understood it to be one from each for a total of three... Ah well, goes to show I don't know everything. Just most of it.;)

Edit: Nevermind, I was right.

How so?

You get one from each agency according to federal regulations and more from each agency for state regulations. As the site says, you can order then by mail but I know at least one of the agency websites allows you to claims them online. I know, I've done it. It's even on Clark Howard's site. Georgia residents get more than the one per year guaranteed by federal regulations. You can google "georgia residents free credit reports" and a countless number of sites come up explaining that we GA people get more than the 1 of each required by the feds. :goodjob:

I worked in finance for a few years. I knew a lot of tricks and tips and facts about credit. I also know that a lot of people posting in here have to be overstating a little because the average credit score is not a 750+ like it seems in this thread. I've seen people with scores in the 400's... ouch.The vast majority were in the 600's though. I hated working in auto finance but it was a job I could work nights and weekends for a full 40 hours a week and make enough to put myself through college. Dealing with people with 525 credit scores that want to buy Acura's gets old :lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
09-09-2008, 07:34 AM
i can check my fico score whenever i want, just looked at it and it's at 798.

Kevykev
09-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Separate the men form the boys LOL!

Stormhammer
09-09-2008, 08:57 AM

I agree. At this rate of things though ( wanting to establish credit ) I might get one to just say, buy gas with and pay off.

That aside, I have no fscking clue what my credit score is. I find it almost BS that you have to pay for it to find out as well.

Ran
09-09-2008, 09:08 AM
648 or something. I forget.

Ruiner
09-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Separate the men form the boys LOL!

I know, right? How that is a "confusing" title is beyond me. :lmfao:

Kevykev
09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
My contribution:

This is a screenshot of my lowest score provided with the service of my washington mutual credit card. It allows account holders to track 1 bureau online on a monthly basis.

I found out i had great credit at the age of 22 back in '05 when i bought my 1st house. My middle Score was a 719.

My limits are high while my balances are very low ie: $20,000 in credit on my Wamu card, I owe $2092.00. $12,200 limit on my chase card, I owe $78.19 (under 100 bucks).

Just be responsible folks!

ISAtlanta300
09-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Mine is prob. in the 790's now dowm from 813 or so, since I had to take out a couple of charges..... it'll prob. go up again in a couple of months.

twins
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
I think mine was a 350 the last time I checked and ex-wife is in jail for it. but I don't care I pay cash for everything anyway!

Ran
09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I think mine was a 350 the last time I checked and ex-wife is in jail for it.D@mn! :lmfao:

B18c1Turboed
09-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Mine is low 700s now... But i dont keep track of it, what for unless you need credit all the time no reason too keep track of it... Only thing i use it for is my house loans and car, anything else if u cant afford cash you dont need it!!!

mmmmpsi
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
I've only been in the US for 6 months.. My credit score is 0. :)

mmmmpsi
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
j/k hehe I'm sure it's something considering I've had a credit car that I continue to pay off quickly for the last 4 months.

willum14pb
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
800 on the dot.

twinj
09-09-2008, 03:09 PM
634 Still paying for bad choices,in college

yerrow
09-09-2008, 07:18 PM

Double_0_Rusty
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
im sittin at 740

1SICKLEX
09-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Credit scores on the internet= my 22" **** is bigger than your 23" ****

Utter hogwash.

Shibby
09-09-2008, 11:54 PM
debt collectors are sending me mail.

1SICKLEX
09-10-2008, 12:17 AM
I have a 430,300 credit score.

My score is so high, the creditors call me and ask me about your application.

:D

redrumracer
09-10-2008, 12:18 AM
how many people actually posted there real scores? i did, its low, nothing to be ashamed of............ well ok yes there is :(

MachNU
09-10-2008, 05:43 AM
lol i am in the same boat as others only 660, becuase of stupid choices at 18, and my brother putting charges on my CC and not telling me!

Kevykev
09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
how many people actually posted there real scores? i did, its low, nothing to be ashamed of............ well ok yes there is :(

You must not have seen MY post. ;)

Ruiner
09-10-2008, 09:07 AM

I posted mine, but I suspect many of the claims given the age of some people. Remember, I'm 32, own a house, paid off 6 cars (maybe more), have 3 or 4 credit cards that I have never defaulted on and have had for over 10 years now, have 5 or 6 monthly bills in my name (and have for over 14 years now), paid off other various loans, etc.

My credit history is very long and in depth, thus my 831.