PDA

View Full Version : General Chat GTR maintenance package... (the Truth)

JITB
09-08-2008, 11:51 AM
More Here (http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24414)

"A lot of fear, uncertainty and doubt abounded prior to the Nissan GT-R’s US debut in July. The internet was buzzing with the rumours and gossip that servicing fees were going to be astronomical. Basic things like regular services were going to be in the high three figures?! Ouch.

The reality is that this is simply not working out to be fact. Regular readers have been following along as former Corvette Z06 owner Scott from Boston has been tracking his GT-R and giving NAGTROC readers regular updates. So after a few track outings and hours of actual track time he decided to pay a visit to his dealer for a post-circuit inspection.

The inspection itself ran to $300 and included:

* DSG clutch pack adjustment
* Transmission reset/relearn
* ECU check/reset
* Laser alignment
* Engine balance check
* Fluid checks

Not a bad deal considering the peace of mind after thrashing it at the track. Additional service items on top of this were also performed, you can check those out in the NAGTROC thread linked below. Suffice to say some things are still costly but overall not as bad as expected."

" Post Track inspection - $300.00 (My choice)
Same as Performance Optimization Service
- Adjust clutch packs
- Tranny Relearn
- ECU reset
- Laser alignment
- Engine balance check
- Fluid checks

I had them do a full tranny flush (My Choice)

- Front and rear differentials - $179.00 Fluids
- Transmition - $560.00 Fluids

Oil Change (My choice)

- Oil Filter - $7.08
- Mobil 1 - $64.32

I then had them quote some parts:

Front Rotors - $1492.74 (2)
Front Pad kit - $489.00
Rear Pad Kit - $405.00
Front tires - $793.00 for a pair
Nitro fills are $25.00 "

twinj
09-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Please excuse my ignorance,but Nitro fills????

Overall I thought It would be worse,than that.

seanrg1116
09-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Nitrogen

http://www.getnitrogen.org/

read up and learn something new :goodjob:

thats not bad

I just talked to a friend at a nissan dealer and they had to tow in GTR.:eek: :eek:

apparently the owner found about about the launch control and successfully preformed it 28times in the 37miles on the speed-o (told to the tech by the built in lil black box for warrenty perposes) this seperated the differntial from the transmisson and the bill is going to have to come out of the owners pocket.

the diff is built into the same housing as the trans

Nemesis
09-08-2008, 12:34 PM
If you can afford a GT-R you can afford the costs of repairs/maintenence. No sympathy.

Elbow
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
^LOLOL

stillaneon
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Nitrogen

thats not bad

I just talked to a friend at a nissan dealer and they had to tow in GTR.:eek: :eek:

apparently the owner found about about the launch control and successfully preformed it 28times in the 37miles on the speed-o (told to the tech by the built in lil black box for warrenty perposes) this seperated the differntial from the transmisson and the bill is going to have to come out of the owners pocket.

so that isnt covered under the warranty?

I mean 28 times isnt a lot, it is for 37 miles, but not a lot for the first week or so after owning it. You wanna show it off to people....:ninja:

seanrg1116
09-08-2008, 01:32 PM
there is nothing in the car or in the manual that tells you how to u the launch control because of this reason it is very hard on the car it launchs at like 5k+ rpms that is hard on almost anycar

any vr-4 owners care to comment on the high rpm launchs?

JITB
09-08-2008, 02:54 PM
launch control on any car is brutal.. i dont know why.. they put them on certain cars...

HiPSI
09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
the price for pads/rotors is pretty wild considering they're just high performance pads and one piece rotors.

Kaiser
09-08-2008, 06:45 PM
the price for pads/rotors is pretty wild considering they're just high performance pads and one piece rotors.

Maybe you should just go ahead and take a second look at the rotors and compare them to some other cars. Those rotors are cheap for the car they're on, I'll just leave it at that. It could be WAY worse.

EJ25RUN
09-08-2008, 06:49 PM

i wonder how big of a price difference it is to replace carbon brakes for like a 911. Cause that is really crazy.

roscoe
09-09-2008, 08:48 AM
If you can afford a GT-R you can afford the costs of repairs/maintenence. No sympathy.

x2

Spaul3g6
09-09-2008, 09:18 AM

lol x3

Ronsam2006
09-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Nitrogen

thats not bad

Damn thats steep.