PDA

View Full Version : debate over "community organizer"...

4dmin
09-08-2008, 08:35 AM
i find this to be funny... b/c republicans spent a night on SERVICE to their country during their convention. i'm guessing being a "community organizer" isn't serving his country. obama also did this before he went to grad school. so republicans look down upon someone helping the poor in his 20's - yet serving your country in the military above all :rolleyes:

"Jesus was a community organizer; Pontius Pilate was a governor"

discuss.

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I think Jon Stewart says it best: http://www.hulu.com/watch/33517/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-sarah-palin---vet-this#s-p1-st-i1

The entire clip is great, but fast forward to 7:30 to get the real glimpse of the actual idiocy that is the modern day GOP.

No actually policy was discussed or disclosed, only hateful, vindictive sarcasm was delivered in an attempt to cloak the absolute ignorance of direction by the GOP.

But then again, do I blame Palin? Yes and no. She might be attractive. She might be ultra conservative. She might be a mother of five and a mother of a special needs child, and the mother of an unwed preggo. She may have put her foot down on unethical government practices over the years and TRIED THREE TIMES to sell a private plane on EBAY, but she is not presidential material. She can hardly make a speech. She is too insecure to appear before the press until two weeks into her joint campaign. She pridefully claims to have broken a glass ceiling holding her fellow women captive by being CHOSEN for second in command, rather than RISKING IT ALL going for the top postion. She takes honor in a handout, and spews vehemenant filth upon the hard work of others.

Her ignorant statements regarding the Democratic candidate show her insecurities. How can she say that he had no "actual responsibilities"? Is she stupid? I guess, twenty years ago, he just stood around wearing a nametag that said COMMUNITY ORGANIZER and then went home after a few hours.

As opposed to what? Governing a town with less than 10K people, and eventually a state with less than a million? Dear God, there are some city mayors that are far more qualified than Palin. She is lLUCKY to have this opportunity, even though she is being used like a pinup model at a tradewshow, and instead of trying to ravage her opponents with insults and degradation, she ought to humbly attempt to establish report with her party and establish a circuit of networking throughout McCain's base.

My prediction? This surge in poll numbers will soon fade as she continues to speak ignorance and party line rhetoric from the campaign trail.

AirMax95
09-08-2008, 09:04 AM
This is going to be good, can't wait!

Not too many people would even think of helping people, let alone in grad school for law. The military is great, taking NOTHING away from them, but you can compare the two on a grand scale.

Servicing the community is helping on the home front, under the radar of what is considered (in this cut throat country) important. We slam ourselves so much that we need people to uplift spirits. Thats what Obama brings back to America in my eyes. For instance, the lower/middle class make the US churn. Outsourcing all of the jobs saves corporations $, but kills the famililes who needed those jobs to survive. Bringing jobs back to America is awesome.

We have the world's greatest military, hands down. They arise at the call of duty and leave their family to protect others that they will never meet. Many do it for passion, having a big heart, know that they helped someone.

Those military people and Barack Obama share the same passions, but display them in a different manner. They way the republicans view it, we may as well make serving 15+ years in the military a requirement to be President! Yes it provides "leadership", but being active in the community does the same dang thing. McCain has lost that passion of helping people. His whole campaign has been mudslinging from day one. He is out of touch with this country, yes I said it. AT LEAST try to seem like you are going to help America first before you look to personal interest :screwy:

Flame if you will......Obama is an upstanding gentleman who cares about the people of this country. He is willing to make sacrifices to bring the country together for a common good. Like I said before, if anything, he is TOO caring.

Last time I checked, someone couldn't organize there own administration :police:

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Last time I checked, someone couldn't organize there own administration :police:

. . . or their own convention - - Walter Reid Middle School Graphic? Graveyard image for victory? Are you f/cking kidding me?

Mike Lowrey
09-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Paul is trying REAL hard......LOL

I am sorry but there is no comparison to someone, anyone who is willing to put their life on the line to protect the freedoms we all enjoy.

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
If you've ever been to the Chicago neighborhood in question, you'd find that the "putting thier life on the line" is not that valid of an arguement.

As a combat veteran, I can say that there are many, MANY honorable ways to serve your country. Participating (successfully or not) in one way does not give you the right to insult another. Whether you're a Soldier, Sailer, Airmen, Guardsmen, Marine, Senator, Representative, Councilmen, Mayor, Governor or President....we all have a part to play. Lies and insults do not become us, but surely shine heavily upon the professionalism, patriotism and cultural understanding and political maturity of those that spew them.

Also, on that note....Palin doesn't have military experience, so why would that be a valid arguement. Oh...and don't say "She's the commander in chief of the Alaska National Guard".
She's never issued an order. If she's going to compare Obama to McCain, she needs to leave herself out of it. Palin needs to compare herself with Biden. She knows she can't. So she attacks on weak grounds. It's that simple.

There are many "community organizers" who are in charge of many more than 7,000 individuals. This "small town hockey mom" might do well to learn a few things from them.

AirMax95
09-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Paul is trying REAL hard......LOL

I am sorry but there is no comparison to someone, anyone who is willing to put their life on the line to protect the freedoms we all enjoy.

Ok, i can respect that.......but I question peoples motives. I have 2 neices and several cousins that are currently serving. 3 I know for sure are doing it for the passion, but about 4 were crazy, but smart enough to get an excuse to shoot someone, lol.

My point is that anyone who is willing to help a stranger is special. The repubs should not shun, discredit, dumb-down, or attempt to lessen the work that Obama has done, and is still doing. That takes all the service that McCain has done and pisses on it with a poor personality and lack of character.

Its one thing to want to win, but treat it like sports. Just be better at the task at hand.

Mike Lowrey
09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
My point is that anyone who is willing to help a stranger is special.

Agreed. I am not reducing the importance of anyone who is willing to help. I have respect for all who help others. I do, however, have a lot more respect to those who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for others.

Total_Blender
09-08-2008, 09:59 AM
McCain and Palin have just shat all over the millions of people who do community service projects in America.

People in the military are serving their country and they do make a valuable contributions but its also a job which they are compansated for and given benefits like the G.I. Bill. A few people also enlist just because having a uniform helps them get tail. :ninja:

Most people who do community outreach/service projects aren't paid. I haven't been able to find any information about whether or not Obama was paid for his work as a community organizer. But a lot of people who do this kind of stuff are clearly not in it for the personal gain.

Have any of you McNugget supporters ever volunteered in any community outreach projects? (other than court ordered community service:lmfao:)

AirMax95
09-08-2008, 10:09 AM
McCain and Palin have just shat all over the millions of people who do community service projects in America.

People in the military are serving their country and they do make a valuable contributions but its also a job which they are compansated for and given benefits like the G.I. Bill. A few people also enlist just because having a uniform helps them get tail. :ninja:

Most people who do community outreach/service projects aren't paid. I haven't been able to find any information about whether or not Obama was paid for his work as a community organizer. But a lot of people who do this kind of stuff are clearly not in it for the personal gain.

Have any of you McNugget supporters ever volunteered in any community outreach projects? (other than court ordered community service:lmfao:)

Good points! Bottom line, I see the point they were trying to make, but they took the lowblow street to get across. :2up: them.....

I am getting more involed in community service, not paid, but I don't care. Just knowing that I helped a kid who needed it feels good; Or a family who is down on thier luck, or a person who needs to learn english or computer skills. In the long run it makes for better communities and better people.

I look at it like this, every child that I can get to stick to school and see the positive in life, takes a thief/murderer/molester/abuser off the street.

AlanŽ
09-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I think Jon Stewart says it best: http://www.hulu.com/watch/33517/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-sarah-palin---vet-this#s-p1-st-i1

The entire clip is great, but fast forward to 7:30 to get the real glimpse of the actual idiocy that is the modern day GOP.

No actually policy was discussed or disclosed, only hateful, vindictive sarcasm was delivered in an attempt to cloak the absolute ignorance of direction by the GOP.

But then again, do I blame Palin? Yes and no. She might be attractive. She might be ultra conservative. She might be a mother of five and a mother of a special needs child, and the mother of an unwed preggo. She may have put her foot down on unethical government practices over the years and TRIED THREE TIMES to sell a private plane on EBAY, but she is not presidential material. She can hardly make a speech. She is too insecure to appear before the press until two weeks into her joint campaign. She pridefully claims to have broken a glass ceiling holding her fellow women captive by being CHOSEN for second in command, rather than RISKING IT ALL going for the top postion. She takes honor in a handout, and spews vehemenant filth upon the hard work of others.

Her ignorant statements regarding the Democratic candidate show her insecurities. How can she say that he had no "actual responsibilities"? Is she stupid? I guess, twenty years ago, he just stood around wearing a nametag that said COMMUNITY ORGANIZER and then went home after a few hours.

As opposed to what? Governing a town with less than 10K people, and eventually a state with less than a million? Dear God, there are some city mayors that are far more qualified than Palin. She is lLUCKY to have this opportunity, even though she is being used like a pinup model at a tradewshow, and instead of trying to ravage her opponents with insults and degradation, she ought to humbly attempt to establish report with her party and establish a circuit of networking throughout McCain's base.

My prediction? This surge in poll numbers will soon fade as she continues to speak ignorance and party line rhetoric from the campaign trail.

Fact of the matter is, and I love how Democrats do this but, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHE's NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. You can sit here and cry all you want about how in her speech she was sarcastic and she attacked Obama but guess what do you honestly think Biden won't be doing the same thing here soon? Even though in his very first speech he was making the same kind of remarks as Palin about McCain? Give me a break the same dirty tactics are being used on both sides and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

Again I respect Obama for what he has done but it's a FACT that he is no more qualified to be President than Palin is.

man
09-08-2008, 10:13 AM

You really thinkthere are more Obama supporters that have done community service, HAHA. Think of all the churches and religious groups voting for McCain. I know I personally have been on three trips to the Bahamas to help with hurricane relief as well as delivering food to the homeless in downtown Atlanta at 6 in the morning every other saturday. And I wouldn't even consider my contributions that extraordinary. There are millions more that do the same and guess what, most are voting for McCain...

And personal gain goes further than just monetary gain, votes would be a good start...

AirMax95
09-08-2008, 10:17 AM
You really thinkthere are more Obama supporters that have done community service, HAHA. Think of all the churches and religious groups voting for McCain. I know I personally have been on three trips to the Bahamas to help with hurricane relief as well as delivering food to the homeless in downtown Atlanta at 6 in the morning every other saturday. And I wouldn't even consider my contributions that extraordinary. There are millions more that do the same and guess what, most are voting for McCain...

Prove it. Bland statement.......kill it.

Also, Religion has nothing to do with volunteering. I know a group of Aethist that are blind to religion, but enjoy helping people. Its in your heart to help people, unless you are forced to, which still helps but defeats the purpose.

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Fact of the matter is, and I love how Democrats do this but, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHE's NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. You can sit here and cry all you want about how in her speech she was sarcastic and she attacked Obama but guess what do you honestly think Biden won't be doing the same thing here soon? Even though in his very first speech he was making the same kind of remarks as Palin about McCain? Give me a break the same dirty tactics are being used on both sides and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

Again I respect Obama for what he has done but it's a FACT that he is no more qualified to be President than Palin is.

Dude...to the contrary...she IS. The same scrutiny that is applied to the presidential candidate needs to be applied to the veep. ESPECIALLY when the presidential candidate is in his seventies, unhealthy, and attempting to enter the most stressful, health-sapping position in the world. The phrase "heartbeat away from the Oval Office" isn't a joke in this case.

I'm not crying about how her speech was sarcastic. I don't cry about anything not related to my wife or daughter! I'm stating that her lack of ANY SUBSTANCE and her inclusiong of sarcastic rhetoric shows that she is not qualified to be this close to the Oval Office, solely on her lack of professionalism, social understanding and political maturity. Not to mention her record.

Let's see here:

Beauty Pagaent Contestant
Sportscaster
Hockey Mom
PTA Member
Small Town Mayor
Small Campaign for Governor
Small State Governor

Compared to:

US Senate - 30 Years

or:

Community Service Organizer
Law Student
Law Professor
State Senator
US Senator
Largest political campaign in history

I'm sorry dude. The question isn't about Obama's qualifications. He's already worked his ass of to clinch that nomination. He's on the ballot. He's been through the ringer. He's had to sacrifice for everything over the past 20 months (as long as Palin's been governor). She's given nothing towards being veep, she was chosen as a GOP ploy.

Try again.

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 10:29 AM

And personal gain goes further than just monetary gain, votes would be a good start...

This is such an ignorant post.

You assume that Christians are the only people who do good, and that they follow McCain.

Three trips...good for you. Some of us can't go....we're too busy trying to support our families through the tide of **** that the GOP has created for us over the past eight years. Wonder why we're not voting for McCain.

Most are voting for McCain....are you kidding me? Have you met them, polled them, and secured their promissary signatures? Have you registered them into the GOP? Didn't think so.

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE:2up:

AlanŽ
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Dude...to the contrary...she IS. The same scrutiny that is applied to the presidential candidate needs to be applied to the veep. ESPECIALLY when the presidential candidate is in his seventies, unhealthy, and attempting to enter the most stressful, health-sapping position in the world. The phrase "heartbeat away from the Oval Office" isn't a joke in this case.

I'm not crying about how her speech was sarcastic. I don't cry about anything not related to my wife or daughter! I'm stating that her lack of ANY SUBSTANCE and her inclusiong of sarcastic rhetoric shows that she is not qualified to be this close to the Oval Office, solely on her lack of professionalism, social understanding and political maturity. Not to mention her record.

Let's see here:

Beauty Pagaent Contestant
Sportscaster
Hockey Mom
PTA Member
Small Town Mayor
Small Campaign for Governor
Small State Governor

Compared to:

US Senate - 30 Years

or:

Community Service Organizer
Law Student
Law Professor
State Senator
US Senator
Largest political campaign in history

I'm sorry dude. The question isn't about Obama's qualifications. He's already worked his ass of to clinch that nomination. He's on the ballot. He's been through the ringer. He's had to sacrifice for everything over the past 20 months (as long as Palin's been governor). She's given nothing towards being veep, she was chosen as a GOP ploy.

Try again.
Don't get me wrong Obama has done great so far but if you look at EXECUTIVE experience she has more than he does. 20 months is still 20 more months of running something than Obama has not to mention you forgot that Palin also ran a successful business.

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Please tell me you didn't just say EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE!!!

You are so full of GOP Talking points, party rhetoric, brainwashing BULLSH/T!

Obama manages as much of a budget in ONE DAY as Palin has managed in her entire tenure as Governor. He has been to more countries, spoken with more world leaders, overseen more investigative and exploratory committees than Palin has ever dreamed of. Her governorship has been short and uneventful.

Do you know who first used the term "Executive Experience"? Did you know that the use of that term was the #1 broadcasted initiative of the GOP at the RNC last week? Do you know anything about marketing? If you did, you'd realize what bullsh/t your statement is.

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Palin also ran a successful business.

Dude.....do did Obama, Biden, McCain and.......myself....

Doesn't mean I'm qualified, they're qualified. It's immaterial.

Quite grasping at straws. She's a flukish marketing ploy. Nothing more. Nothing less.

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
I can't wait to see Biden gut her like a moose!

AlanŽ
09-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Please tell me you didn't just say EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE!!!

You are so full of GOP Talking points, party rhetoric, brainwashing BULLSH/T!

Obama manages as much of a budget in ONE DAY as Palin has managed in her entire tenure as Governor. He has been to more countries, spoken with more world leaders, overseen more investigative and exploratory committees than Palin has ever dreamed of. Her governorship has been short and uneventful.

Do you know who first used the term "Executive Experience"? Did you know that the use of that term was the #1 broadcasted initiative of the GOP at the RNC last week? Do you know anything about marketing? If you did, you'd realize what bullsh/t your statement is.
I love how people don't understand this. Please tell me how Obama voting on an issue even compares to having to actually make a plan and execute things that can immediately effect people on a daily basis.

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Palin brags about having a surplus and balanced budget.

Alaska has always had a surplus and a balanced budget...along with 35 other states. Big whoop.

So all Obama does is vote on things. He doesn't have to manage a league of staff, the largest campaign in history, a very successful law firm, the needs of his constituents (far outnumbering Palin's entire state), and the international initiatives this country investigates.

By your logic, Palin is more qualifed than McCain. YOU DO REALIZE THIS RIGHT????

AlanŽ
09-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I can't wait to see Biden gut her like a moose!
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: LOL at moose refrence. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Reps. I definitely agree she has almost no chance against him.

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 10:58 AM
You're right in your PM. Sorry if I was discourteous. I'm a hypocrite.

man
09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
This is such an ignorant post.

You assume that Christians are the only people who do good, and that they follow McCain.

Three trips...good for you. Some of us can't go....we're too busy trying to support our families through the tide of **** that the GOP has created for us over the past eight years. Wonder why we're not voting for McCain.

Most are voting for McCain....are you kidding me? Have you met them, polled them, and secured their promissary signatures? Have you registered them into the GOP? Didn't think so.

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE:2up:

Don't assume anything and make sure you learn to read. I never said churches do the only community service, I simply said there are a lot that do it and most are voting for McCain (you really going to deny that and then call me ignorant :thinking:) No one said you have to go on trips to help others, it was just my example you could volunteer at a local YMCA. You don't know me and guess what, you probably have a much easier time surviving then I do I make $7/hr and it's not incredibly rare for me to go a day or 2 without eating. Continue being ignorant and self-centered, seems to be what you are good at...

AlanŽ
09-08-2008, 11:03 AM
You're right in your PM. Sorry if I was discourteous. I'm a hypocrite.
:thinking: You weren't you're straight. Thanks for the info I'll pass it along :goodjob:

AlanŽ
09-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Devil I'm not doubting your info but I can't find any info on any law firm or business that Obama owned or ran. You have a link on that info?

DevilK9
09-08-2008, 11:15 AM
He was a partner in his civil rights firm and he owns the business that distributes and manages the rights to his two books.

Not sure of a link, just what I remember from studying him deeply in January.

I will say that it is ignorant to say that those contributing to their communities are McCain followers or GOP members at that. Statistically this doesn't make sense. Repubs are historically the most inhospitable socially and the religious right is historically the most inefficient provider of social services and assistance. Their record is terrible, and so without any polling or strong national data, it is hard to believe that this could be true or even feasible.

But then again...the Republicans are the party of change now.....hey....they got a women for VP!!!